Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 175306 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: June 01, 2013, 01:48:23 PM »

I just don't understand why Bushie's parents are taking their morbidly obese son to fast food outlets. It'd be akin to taking him on a bar crawl if he were an alcoholic or to Vegas if he were gambling addict. And it's their money too - they literally have the power to completely cut out fast food, soda, sports-watching for 8 hours a day, and all of Bushie's bad habits from his regimen.

Because they're clueless.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1626 on: June 01, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »

Like I have said, they just don't know any better. The whole family is having health issues and yet they continue to eat the same things - they just lack the curiosity and tenacity to change. It's easier to continue eating the same crap and just take more medicine and leech off the government until they die.

Bushie learns this mentality from his family. That's why he will never change. It takes effort - effort he has no interest in exerting.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1627 on: June 01, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »

I just don't understand why Bushie's parents are taking their morbidly obese son to fast food outlets. It'd be akin to taking him on a bar crawl if he were an alcoholic or to Vegas if he were gambling addict. And it's their money too - they literally have the power to completely cut out fast food, soda, sports-watching for 8 hours a day, and all of Bushie's bad habits from his regimen.
Because life is all about expectations. They view obesity as a standard to be expected.It's very common in America. Millions of people eat fast food every single day of their life and have zero interest in learning about nutrition or, frankly, anything else. My parents are the same way.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1628 on: June 01, 2013, 02:50:41 PM »

Here we go.  We've got a PDS Tornado Watch for much of South Central, Central, North Central, and Northeastern Oklahoma.

i have a problem with the pds system and how it is arbitrarily used.

if one ef2 tornado hits downtown st. louis and is the only tornado touchdown in a particular watch box..isnt that more dangerous than multiple ef4 or highers that touch down over remote south dakota farmland?  

It's all about statistics.  Although I can't think of a time that a PDS watch has been issued for South Dakota.

They're used when there is a significantly high chance of multiple strong tornadoes.  How is that "arbitrary"?

as far as i know a pds is left to the discretion of the forecaster.  that is arbitrary.

i understand the point of the pds, but there are flaws.

if a tornado is heading straight to you, that is a particularly dangerous situation.

No, I don't believe it is left solely to a forecaster's discretion.  There are set guidelines and ranges for probabilities, but nothing that is 100% defined.

You're talking about watches and warnings as if they're the same thing, and they're not.

i know that watches and warnings are different.

dont patronize me the way you do bushie.  kthx.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1629 on: June 01, 2013, 02:53:05 PM »

bushie doesnt eat chicken?

and it seems like he has given up on his diet and exercise because he has to spam facebook.  am i correct?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1630 on: June 01, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »

Here we go.  We've got a PDS Tornado Watch for much of South Central, Central, North Central, and Northeastern Oklahoma.

i have a problem with the pds system and how it is arbitrarily used.

if one ef2 tornado hits downtown st. louis and is the only tornado touchdown in a particular watch box..isnt that more dangerous than multiple ef4 or highers that touch down over remote south dakota farmland?  

It's all about statistics.  Although I can't think of a time that a PDS watch has been issued for South Dakota.

They're used when there is a significantly high chance of multiple strong tornadoes.  How is that "arbitrary"?

as far as i know a pds is left to the discretion of the forecaster.  that is arbitrary.

i understand the point of the pds, but there are flaws.

if a tornado is heading straight to you, that is a particularly dangerous situation.

No, I don't believe it is left solely to a forecaster's discretion.  There are set guidelines and ranges for probabilities, but nothing that is 100% defined.

You're talking about watches and warnings as if they're the same thing, and they're not.

i know that watches and warnings are different.

dont patronize me the way you do bushie.  kthx.

I didn't say you were confusing them; I said you're treating how they're issued as if it's the same.  Don't twist what I'm saying. kthx.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1631 on: June 01, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »

Surprising! Fried chicken is the ultimate stereotypical fat person food.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1632 on: June 01, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »

He had fried today.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1633 on: June 01, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »

It's ironic that after Bushie was praising Mike Morgan, he was the one who turned out to be the idiot who told people to drive away from the tornado yesterday.  The sad part is that it may have cost the lives of 2-5 people.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1634 on: June 01, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »

He had fried today.

No, it was grilled.  I wish I could pull up a menu and provide a link, but my anti-virus is blocking me from accessing the restaurant's website.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1635 on: June 01, 2013, 03:08:31 PM »

Good Saturday Evening! It is a much better day today weather wise. It is so nice to see the sunshine and know its not menacing sunshine. Mom and I were able to get out and go to Target to exchange my refrigerator since it quit yesterday afternoon. Then, we met Dad in town for a quick lunch and went to Walmart. We're home now, but in a little while, I'll be going to the church to rehearse my sermon for tomorrow morning. Hopefully, the church has power, otherwise we may be having church the old fashioned way. Outdoors.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1636 on: June 01, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »

So what's the excuse for not walking today?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1637 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »

Jesus, Inks, keep up.  He walked for 30-40 minutes inside Walmart today with his mom.  That doesn't count as walking but he thinks so.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1638 on: June 01, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »

Jesus, Inks, keep up.  He walked for 30-40 minutes inside Walmart today with his mom.  That doesn't count as walking but he thinks so.

I know its not the same thing and doesn't really count, but it didn't hurt anything.  As far as an excuse, I am fresh out, trying to generate more excuse cards to play. Smiley

Tomorrow, my exercise will consist of about 1-3 hours of swimming in my cousin's pool.  While I don't know how to swim, I can at least glide along the shallow end of the pool width wise from side to side.  I can do that back and forth several times.  I'll also have maybe one or two grilled hamburgers that my Pastor will fix along with some corn and possibly a few cucumber slices on the side for lunch.  It depends on what they have to fix.  I won't eat a whole lot, as I want to be able to swim without being too full.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1639 on: June 01, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »

Here is the post I meant to put here instead of in the team logos thread.

Good Saturday Evening!  It is a much better day weather wise today.  It's so nice to see bright sunshine and know that the sunshine is not leading to instability and destructive tornadoes.   In fact, we're supposed to remain dry all the way through Tuesday.  Mom and I were able to get out of the house this morning and exchange my refrigerator that quit cooling yesterday afternoon.  We tried several different power outlets and it didn't come on, so we found the receipt and exchanged it.  Then, we met Dad at Santa Fe Steak House for lunch where I did get a Chicken Sandwich.  It was pretty tasty.  A lot better than I thought it would be.  Mom and I then took a stroll around Walmart for 30-40 minutes shopping, so I got a little bit of walking in at Walmart.  I didn't use my app, because I was so focused on conversing with my mother.  We just got home about 20 minutes ago.  A little bit later this afternoon, I've got to go to the church and rehearse my sermon for tomorrow morning.  I'm hoping we have power at the church, otherwise, we will be having church the old fashioned way.  Outdoors.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1640 on: June 01, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »

Tomorrow, my exercise will consist of about 1-3 hours of swimming in my cousin's pool.  While I don't know how to swim, I can at least glide along the shallow end of the pool width wise from side to side.  I can do that back and forth several times.  I'll also have maybe one or two grilled hamburgers that my Pastor will fix along with some corn and possibly a few cucumber slices on the side for lunch.  It depends on what they have to fix.  I won't eat a whole lot, as I want to be able to swim without being too full.

lol

How many hamburgers do you and your family eat a year? 1000? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1641 on: June 01, 2013, 05:04:34 PM »

Can't you eat one burger? Just one?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1642 on: June 01, 2013, 05:18:44 PM »

The kiddie pool is not exercise. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1643 on: June 01, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »

It's not the kiddie pool, lol.  It is the full size in ground adult pool.  Swimming is exercise.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1644 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:36 PM »

It's not the kiddie pool, lol.  It is the full size in ground adult pool.  Swimming is exercise.

Gliding isn't.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1645 on: June 01, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

Gliding isn't.

It's better than just sitting on my hiney in the lawn chair beside the pool, no?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1646 on: June 01, 2013, 05:37:48 PM »

Gliding isn't.

It's better than just sitting on my hiney in the lawn chair beside the pool, no?

Yes, but it's worse than going for a walk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1647 on: June 01, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »

Gliding isn't.

Yes, but it's worse than going for a walk.

I won't deny that.  If it helps in any way, its a good thing.  As long as I don't come out of the pool toasted, I'll be fine. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1648 on: June 01, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »

My parents wholeheartedly agree with the plan to move to Fort Worth after I get my certificate.  This is the fastest they've agreed to any of my big plans whether it'd be Kenya or the Peace Corps or Utah.  My mother was in favor of Kenya, and still is.  Dad doesn't know anything about that, yet.  Mom was a little uneasy about the Peace Corps, Dad knew nothing about it.  They both hesitantly accepted Utah, but Dad was always looking for a way to get me back home and as we all know they won.  Neither one of them really liked the idea of going back to Alva.  They both like Fort Worth real well for a few reasons.  I'm far enough away to be on my own, but I'm close enough to tend to my aging grandmother if needed.  Dallas and Fort Worth are both only a 3 1/2 hour drive south of Oklahoma City.  Dad was the one who first brought up the Fort Worth idea.

So, the question I have is what does everyone here think of the Fort Worth idea?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1649 on: June 01, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »

I think we just want you to decide on something and stick with it. I still think you will die young if you continue to live near your parents, so 3 hours away from them is better than being in the same town.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies