Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:45:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 174493 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: May 23, 2013, 03:05:16 AM »

Honestly she doesn't sound like a very good dietician. She likes the idea that he's trying to reduce his soda intake?! Just tell him to stop drinking non-diet soda, jesus christ it's not that hard, both taste like fizzy syrup water.

Keep in mind, these recommendations have been filtered through Bushie's brain.  Since we weren't actually present at the discussion, we don't know exactly what words the dietician used.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1001 on: May 23, 2013, 03:16:57 AM »

Hotdogs aren't necessarily unhealthy.... a lot of sodium, but the golden ratio of Calories / (Protein + Fiber) is fine if you use franks with low fat content and a whole wheat bun and then make a Chicago dog with plenty of veggies.  They're actually pretty tasty.  Pretty tasty indeed.  Better than "normal" hotdogs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1002 on: May 23, 2013, 03:20:06 AM »

franks with low fat content and a whole wheat bun and then make a Chicago dog with plenty of veggies

You're right, but that probably describes none of what Bushie ate three times for dinner.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1003 on: May 23, 2013, 03:22:12 AM »

franks with low fat content and a whole wheat bun and then make a Chicago dog with plenty of veggies

You're right, but that probably describes none of what Bushie ate three times for dinner.

Who care about that guy?  This thread is about lifestyle tips.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1004 on: May 23, 2013, 07:38:37 AM »

What did the dietician say anyway?

What she didn't say was "eat 3 hot dogs and find a stupid reason not to walk each day".
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1005 on: May 23, 2013, 07:39:42 AM »

There's a Braum's and McDonalds 2.5 miles away.  I can walk 1.5 miles, but I'm not up to 5 miles round trip, yet...  I've got a ways to go for that!

I see..  I imagined your location as being a bit more 'exurban' than apparently it is.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1006 on: May 23, 2013, 08:33:23 AM »

THREE?!?!? christ.

As for "speed", probably would've been quicker to have a salad no?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1007 on: May 23, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »

Uh, Mr. Kemp, 3, and he wasn't 70% full.  He could have eaten 5 in a heartbeat.  Salad?  Silly boy, Mr. Kemp.  That's something a dietician would recommend and Bushie...........oh, wait, nevermind.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1008 on: May 23, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »

Uh, Mr. Kemp, 3, and he wasn't 70% full.  He could have eaten 5 in a heartbeat.  Salad?  Silly boy, Mr. Kemp.  That's something a dietician would recommend and Bushie...........oh, wait, nevermind.

What a lost cause. There was a time when I genuinely wanted this guy to do better but now I've joined the others that just treat it all as a joke. It really is exhausting...but not as exhausting as Bushie's tough days I'm sure!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1009 on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »

i had an orange and a granola bar for breakfast.  im sure i will be famished by lunch time.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1010 on: May 23, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »

Bushie, what kind of bread did you use to make that hot dog?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1011 on: May 23, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »

I hope you shared the materials from the dietitian with your mom.....if she doesn't change how she cooks for you, just toss the papers in the fire pit.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1012 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »

No bun from the sound of it. If he did have 3 buns, he may as well not even bother with the dietician.

And yeah, certain types of hot dogs aren't bad necessarily, but I doubt he ate those kinds. He definitely didn't make a Chicago dog on a whole wheat bun, since he still eats white bread exclusively.

As for the dietician, nothing will change. It sounds like she was just really nice and easy on him, or he just took everything the wrong way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1013 on: May 23, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »

Honestly she doesn't sound like a very good dietician. She likes the idea that he's trying to reduce his soda intake?! Just tell him to stop drinking non-diet soda, jesus christ it's not that hard, both taste like fizzy syrup water.

Yeah. I mean, how is it that hard to switch to diet? We've been talking about it for like 2 years and he's still drinking regular soda. Sure, it doesn't taste exactly like regular, but its close enough. He could lose 15 pounds simply by cutting out all that needless sugar but he has absolutely no self discipline.

Also, she recommends light lunches and big dinners? That's the opposite of what I usually do. Bigger lunches give you more time to burn off what you eat. But I do agree protein in the morning is a good thing. Just don't eat tons of fatty foods like sausage and bacon, which we know he'll do.

I have switched to diet, again, primarily.  I may still have a regular pop 2-3 times a week, but the vast majority of the time, it is Diet Dr. Pepper.  My refrigerator is void of all regular pop.

It is hilarious that everyone thinks that because I had 3 hot dogs last night that I threw everything I was told earlier in the day out the window for good.  That is absolutely hilarious.  We've got a lot of comedians here. Smiley

I'm not going to follow all of her advice as she wants me to stay within 1500-1800 calories.  That is just not going to happen.  I can do 2000-2250, but I refuse to starve myself and I refuse to constantly be hungry and not be able to enjoy meal time.  She also thinks I should only have 3 oz of meat per day (the size of a smart phone).  I'm sorry, but that's only 2-3 bites.  Not going to happen.  If I want a steak, I'm going to have a steak.  Not every day, naturally, but once in a while, I will indulge in a steak.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1014 on: May 23, 2013, 11:07:43 AM »

Yeah. I mean, how is it that hard to switch to diet? We've been talking about it for like 2 years and he's still drinking regular soda. Sure, it doesn't taste exactly like regular, but its close enough. He could lose 15 pounds simply by cutting out all that needless sugar but he has absolutely no self discipline.

Also, she recommends light lunches and big dinners? That's the opposite of what I usually do. Bigger lunches give you more time to burn off what you eat. But I do agree protein in the morning is a good thing. Just don't eat tons of fatty foods like sausage and bacon, which we know he'll do.

I have switched to diet, again, primarily.  I may still have a regular pop 2-3 times a week, but the vast majority of the time, it is Diet Dr. Pepper.  My refrigerator is void of all regular pop.

It is hilarious that everyone thinks that because I had 3 hot dogs last night that I threw everything I was told earlier in the day out the window for good.  That is absolutely hilarious.  We've got a lot of comedians here. Smiley

I'm not going to follow all of her advice as she wants me to stay within 1500-1800 calories.  That is just not going to happen.  I can do 2000-2250, but I refuse to starve myself and I refuse to constantly be hungry and not be able to enjoy meal time.  She also thinks I should only have 3 oz of meat per day (the size of a smart phone).  I'm sorry, but that's only 2-3 bites.  Not going to happen.  If I want a steak, I'm going to have a steak.  Not every day, naturally, but once in a while, I will indulge in a steak.

You won't follow a professional's advice, and you won't walk.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1015 on: May 23, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

Then you're not going to get into the Peace Corps, you're not going to make it to Kenya, and you're not going to live very long. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1016 on: May 23, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »

I have switched to diet, again, primarily.  I may still have a regular pop 2-3 times a week, but the vast majority of the time, it is Diet Dr. Pepper.  My refrigerator is void of all regular pop.

It is hilarious that everyone thinks that because I had 3 hot dogs last night that I threw everything I was told earlier in the day out the window for good.  That is absolutely hilarious.  We've got a lot of comedians here. Smiley

I'm not going to follow all of her advice as she wants me to stay within 1500-1800 calories.  That is just not going to happen.  I can do 2000-2250, but I refuse to starve myself and I refuse to constantly be hungry and not be able to enjoy meal time.  She also thinks I should only have 3 oz of meat per day (the size of a smart phone).  I'm sorry, but that's only 2-3 bites.  Not going to happen.  If I want a steak, I'm going to have a steak.  Not every day, naturally, but once in a while, I will indulge in a steak.

No, the only comedian here is you with that hilarious last paragraph.

I hope you're content with your current health and physical shape because that's probably the best it's gonna get with your mentality.

What a joke.

And Lief is 100% correct.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: May 23, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »

Then you're not going to get into the Peace Corps, you're not going to make it to Kenya, and you're not going to live very long. I'm sorry, but it's true.

2000 calories is not a lot and a steak every once in a while is not going to shorten my life.  Remember that link that Inks gave, I think in Season VI with the Calorie Recommendation.  It recommended I get over 2,500 and closer to 3,000 calories.  2,000 calories will not kill me and neither will a steak every now and then.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1018 on: May 23, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »

2000 calories is not a lot and a steak every once in a while is not going to shorten my life.  Remember that link that Inks gave, I think in Season VI with the Calorie Recommendation.  It recommended I get over 2,500 and closer to 3,000 calories.  2,000 calories will not kill me and neither will a steak every now and then.

Yea listen to an internet link over a dietician... Roll Eyes
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1019 on: May 23, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »

This is what 3 oz of fish, 3 oz of beef, and 3 oz of chicken looks like:

That's still a good amount for a meal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1020 on: May 23, 2013, 12:19:03 PM »

This is what 3 oz of fish, 3 oz of beef, and 3 oz of chicken looks like:

That's still a good amount for a meal.

Accompanied by a salad and/or a veggie, even one serving of white rice (1/2 cup, 160 calories) along with these sized meat/fish portions should make you comfortable.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1021 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2013, 12:43:10 PM by politicus »

I have switched to diet, again, primarily.  I may still have a regular pop 2-3 times a week, but the vast majority of the time, it is Diet Dr. Pepper.  My refrigerator is void of all regular pop.

It is hilarious that everyone thinks that because I had 3 hot dogs last night that I threw everything I was told earlier in the day out the window for good.  That is absolutely hilarious.  We've got a lot of comedians here. Smiley

I'm not going to follow all of her advice as she wants me to stay within 1500-1800 calories.  That is just not going to happen.  I can do 2000-2250, but I refuse to starve myself and I refuse to constantly be hungry and not be able to enjoy meal time.  She also thinks I should only have 3 oz of meat per day (the size of a smart phone).  I'm sorry, but that's only 2-3 bites.  Not going to happen.  If I want a steak, I'm going to have a steak.  Not every day, naturally, but once in a while, I will indulge in a steak.

Remember: No pain, no gain. (or in your case loss Smiley  )
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1022 on: May 23, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »

2000 calories is definitely better than fine... however keeping to that level requires some detailed counting and discipline in what you eat, every day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »

2000 calories is definitely better than fine... however keeping to that level requires some detailed counting and discipline in what you eat, every day.

I would like to stay within the 1800-2200 range.  Anything under 1800 and I risk not eating enough, especially for a man my size.  I don't want to go over 2200 very often, but if I can stay within the 1800-2200 range I'll be in good shape.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1024 on: May 23, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »

She also thinks I should only have 3 oz of meat per day (the size of a smart phone).  I'm sorry, but that's only 2-3 bites.

Try smaller bites.  Slow down and actually taste your food instead of gulping it down in huge chunks that are big enough to choke on..
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies