Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:56:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 175286 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: May 17, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »

Two ham sandwiches.  I didn't have much, but still it was enough of a lunch that I need to taper what I eat tonight.

Try just eating one sandwich, like a normal person.

I doubt one sandwich for lunch is normal. Two sandwiches is a fairly small meal for a grown man.

Just one sandwich by itself may not be normal; he can have a sandwich and a side.  Eat a salad or some veggies.  That's going to be better than just 2 sandwiches.

Problem is, I hate salads, always have.  I just had mustard, a slice of ham, and a slice of cheese on both sandwiches.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #676 on: May 17, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »

Why not put like 4-5 slices on two pieces of bread? I've never made a sandwich with just 1 slice of meat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #677 on: May 17, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »

Why not put like 4-5 slices on two pieces of bread? I've never made a sandwich with just 1 slice of meat.

I was trying to conserve my meat intake for the chicken and corn tonight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #678 on: May 17, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »

Lean meat is fine. You're only hurting yourself by having 4 slices of bread. It's like eating sugar to your body. Limit carbs. Limit carbs. I cannot stress it enough. Meat and veggies are fine. You can eat them all the time assuming the meat isn't fattening. But don't eat lots of bread or starches. Limit those, not lean meat while doubling your carb intake.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #679 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:54 PM »

Nobody is as good as BK, so that's unfair criticism.

I think Bacon King has single-handedly saved this thread from jumping the shark once and for all. Good show, sir.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #680 on: May 17, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »

Two ham sandwiches.  I didn't have much, but still it was enough of a lunch that I need to taper what I eat tonight.

Try just eating one sandwich, like a normal person.

I doubt one sandwich for lunch is normal. Two sandwiches is a fairly small meal for a grown man.

Just one sandwich by itself may not be normal; he can have a sandwich and a side.  Eat a salad or some veggies.  That's going to be better than just 2 sandwiches.

Problem is, I hate salads, always have.  I just had mustard, a slice of ham, and a slice of cheese on both sandwiches.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #681 on: May 17, 2013, 09:03:12 PM »

Problem is, I hate salads, always have. 

as opebo would say, your admitting to execrable traits again.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #682 on: May 17, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »

A slice of ham and two slices of bread would not fill me up Inks. I'm surprised that two of those is even enough for him, I doubt it would satisfy me. But yes, he should supplement it with some baby carrots and hummus.
Recommending baby carrots and hummus is a terrible idea.  You have to built into such things.

How about celery with peanut butter and raisins.  We can work our way up to hummus.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #683 on: May 17, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »

Just eat lettuce by the handful and a carrot or something after a light meal. Don't bother making salads nice, it's like hotrodding a Geo Metro.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #684 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »

Just eat lettuce by the handful and a carrot or something after a light meal. Don't bother making salads nice, it's like hotrodding a Geo Metro.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #685 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »

I enjoy a good raw carrot every now and then.  Even a good raw celery stick is just what I desire at times.  Unfortunately, those times have been few and far between.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: May 17, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »

We have a severe weather outbreak likely tomorrow, so I'm going to try to get my walking in in the late morning as opposed to any later in the day.  I've got on my schedule to walk from 10:30-11:00.  I'm going to try to walk the same path I walked today, which was 1.29 miles in length.  I can get my morning shower after I come in.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #687 on: May 17, 2013, 10:13:11 PM »

Jeff, some pro bono and unsolicited head shrinking here my man. You don't necessarily need to pay big bucks or go the pharma route to try to fix some things in your life.  

Metaphor time: If you were listening to some music on your grannies' vitriola and the record was skipping would you keep it playing or get up and change the tune?  You are stuck in a vicious cycle and pattern of behavior. You talk yourself into these decisions and then quickly pull the trigger ignoring the possible repercussions of failure. This can hurt yourself and others in the process. When things aren't as you thought they would go you seem to either retreat into the familiar or quit.

No Half measures
Your dream of helping in Kenya is great  but you really have to build toward this. Your track record is bad about sticking to things. This is why I recommended talking things through with someone. You should figure out why you have a habit of quitting. Laziness is a learned behavior. Figure it out and fix it.

You have to prepare the mind and this will go a long way toward preparing and repairing your health. Next, You also have to be realistic with yourself. We would all love to be a cowboy astronaut millionaire. However, as you get older you realize that most of the lines we were fed growing up were pure bull$hit. You can't be everything or do everything you put your mind to. You can't be everything you want to be or dream. We all have talents and skills and a whole lot of shortcomings.  This is why I think you are treading on dangerous ground with some of this God's calling stuff.  Be careful this isn't you talking yourself into a bad decision.  You have talents and skills: build them, refine them and put them to good use.  At the end of the day though, if this is what you want to do then do it. Don't hedge. don't keep moving goal posts back or sideways. Go full bore into it. Put yourself into a position where this is your decision. Own it. No sponsors, no bull$hit, no excuses. You may crash and burn but at least do it your terms.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #688 on: May 17, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »

A slice of ham and two slices of bread would not fill me up Inks. I'm surprised that two of those is even enough for him, I doubt it would satisfy me. But yes, he should supplement it with some baby carrots and hummus.

OK, so add some cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes; maybe some bean sprouts.  Is it normal to just eat a piece of ham between two pieces of bread?  Goodness... that's so boring.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2013, 10:26:03 PM »

Recommending baby carrots and hummus is a terrible idea.  You have to built into such things.

How about celery with peanut butter and raisins.  We can work our way up to hummus.

Work our way up to hummus? I could eat a pound of hummus in one sitting if you let me.  I love that stuff.  A bit of garlic with it too... oh it's amazing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #690 on: May 17, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

I like that post, Patrick, thank you!  I fully realize that there is a "scratch on my vinyl" and I'm stuck in "Groundhog Day".  I am working to fix it.  It will take time, but I am working to fix it.

I do know what I want to do, and you're right, its time to put my eggs in that basket and do everything I possibly can to make it happen.  I'm going to quit making excuses and start living.

All I can say right now is buckle up!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #691 on: May 17, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »

I like that post, Patrick, thank you!  I fully realize that there is a "scratch on my vinyl" and I'm stuck in "Groundhog Day".  I am working to fix it.  It will take time, but I am working to fix it.

I do know what I want to do, and you're right, its time to put my eggs in that basket and do everything I possibly can to make it happen.  I'm going to quit making excuses and start living.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2013, 10:38:23 PM »

Oh, Bushie! How do you expect to drop 70 pounds if you don't want to change your diet habits/don't like anything healthy? See, you are just proving my point. Wink
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2013, 10:47:16 PM by patrick1 »

I like that post, Patrick, thank you!  I fully realize that there is a "scratch on my vinyl" and I'm stuck in "Groundhog Day".  I am working to fix it.  It will take time, but I am working to fix it.

I do know what I want to do, and you're right, its time to put my eggs in that basket and do everything I possibly can to make it happen.  I'm going to quit making excuses and start living.

Just try to manage your expectations. I'd love to be the starting first baseman for the NY Mets but you know what I can't hit a lick, wait a minute bad example...but you get the drift. Are your dreams proper, realistic, useful, sustainable?  You recently mentioned architecture of some sort. Rule #1 of building- you have to start with a good foundation. You're a bit shaky right now. You have to fix yourself before you can fix or help others.

I may be mean here sometimes but it is for a purpose and not its own sake.  If you let some rain get in your way then you are being a pussy. Plain and simple. Knock it off you aren't an 80 year old woman who should be scared of getting a chill.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #694 on: May 17, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »

Oh, Bushie! How do you expect to drop 70 pounds if you don't want to change your diet habits/don't like anything healthy? See, you are just proving my point. Wink

eat less and exercise more.

As you progress forward a slow evolution will take place. You realize that many calorie dense foods, don't fill you up at all. You make better decisions by default. So instead of a 700 calorie large fries, you'll do an actual potato for 150. Gradually you lose a taste for the most unhealthy stuff.  Most diets fall at their inception because people think they have to eat "health food" and frequently foods they dislike. Gradual changes over time are much better.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #695 on: May 17, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »

you could probably pull off Ike Davis' .170/.250/.230 or whatever it is.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: May 17, 2013, 11:07:57 PM »

Just try to manage your expectations. I'd love to be the starting first baseman for the NY Mets but you know what I can't hit a lick, wait a minute bad example...but you get the drift. Are your dreams proper, realistic, useful, sustainable?  You recently mentioned architecture of some sort. Rule #1 of building- you have to start with a good foundation. You're a bit shaky right now. You have to fix yourself before you can fix or help others.

I may be mean here sometimes but it is for a purpose and not its own sake.  If you let some rain get in your way then you are being a pussy. Plain and simple. Knock it off you aren't an 80 year old woman who should be scared of getting a chill.

You're exactly right, one must assess their dreams to gauge if they are relevant, realistic, useful, etc.  I have done that with my dreams of foreign missions and the answer to the questions are yes.  I know I'm not prepared right now, but like I said with a little hard work and determination, I can do great things.  I'm trying to do just that right now.

I'm not scared of a little rain, it just helps the plants grow.  For the most part, I welcome the rain.  When I'm having a bad day, sometimes I can bring severe weather as part of that rain, as in what happened at the close of Season VI.  Too much rain can cause flooding.  Sometimes, I like to play in the rain like during that sassy streak I had last week.  You get the picture.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #697 on: May 17, 2013, 11:18:44 PM »

You're exactly right, one must assess their dreams to gauge if they are relevant, realistic, useful, etc.  I have done that with my dreams of foreign missions and the answer to the questions are yes.  I know I'm not prepared right now, but like I said with a little hard work and determination, I can do great things.  I'm trying to do just that right now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #698 on: May 17, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »

I'm not scared of a little rain, it just helps the plants grow.  For the most part, I welcome the rain.  When I'm having a bad day, sometimes I can bring severe weather as part of that rain, as in what happened at the close of Season VI.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #699 on: May 18, 2013, 12:12:11 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  Potentially big severe weather day ahead.  Must get sleep.  Over and out.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies