Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:38:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 174514 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »

May I ask the forum a question?  Anybody who wants to respond feel free?

Why am I not encouraged to follow my dreams?  Am I somehow not allowed to follow my dreams?  Every time I mention something I hear people constantly saying "it's impossible", "don't try it", "you're wasting your time", "it's a pipe dream", etc.

I have made many mistakes, but it doesn't mean I have no right to pursue my dreams.

Because it's is actually important I'll break my vow of update silence and explain this one for you. (And yeah all these gifs has a specific message I'm trying to make, although admittedly some are so abstract I'm not really expecting anyone get them).

The net symbolizes your goals.

The jumping man is you.

His rolls of fat are your rolls of fat and also symbolizes your numerous habits that are unhealthy for you mentally and physically.

The mat is your dependency on others because you're unable to take care of yourself.

EDIT: And just so we're clear I'll go ahead and connect the dots between these concepts. If you try to keep your eye on the prize without solving the problems that are holding you back you'll fail and nothing will change. Get your day to day life in order before you even think about what your plans will be more than like a year from now. If you can't even motivate yourself to walk around the block how do you think you'll motivate yourself to focus on your education and graduate at the time you're expecting, let alone keep up with all the other things you want to do after that?

What you don't realize, BK, is my life is in order.  I do have things together.  No body believes me, but I seriously do have things together.  I've got my God to fill in the gaps.  One thing I know is certain, the duration of my life will be focused on foreign missions (a very noble and non-egotistical endeavor).  It just remains a question of which capacity do I enter the mission field?  Do I enter through the Peace Corps (which is foreign missions) or do I enter directly through Maisha?  That part, I don't have figured out, yet.  As far as my weight goes, would people please give me a freakin' chance!!!!!  I am going to a Dietitian next Wednesday, but not a single post has been made on that.  Everybody is saying I am doomed and have absolutely no hope.  Where is the encouragement in that?  Give me a chance!!!!

Why should we mention your dietician?  History has shown us that you don't listen to your doctors.  A year ago, you were seeing the new Indian doctor who told you to lose weight, and back then, you vowed to lose weight.  Month after month, you keep telling us you're going to lose weight, yet it hasn't happened.  Why is this time going to be any different?  Sure, you think it's going to be, but the precedent says otherwise.

Precedent may say otherwise, but that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the future.

I wish people would give me a chance before they say I'm hopeless and I will never change and attempt to discourage me from doing something radical.  My dreams don't have to be what everybody else is doing.  I can have radical dreams, and I can achieve them.

It's a good indicator for the future.  Jeff, you can't even walk a quarter of a mile.  I've been bugging you to do this for what... a month now?  That's not radical.  How can you achieve radical dreams if you can't do that?  Yet, you still don't do it.  It would be VERY easy to start walking.  Nothings stopping you other than your lame excuses.

I can and have walked 1.5 miles on a couple of occasions and probably could have walked another mile if I hadn't had to get home.  You're right, the only thing stopping me is laziness.  Once I get that kicked, I'll be in good shape.

THEN DO IT!  Stop talking about it and do it.  Tomorrow.  Walk.  A mile.  Do what you've been saying you were going to do.  But if there's one thing that history has shown us, it's that you'll make up some excuse.  Prove me wrong, Jeff.  Walk a mile tomorrow.  And then prove me wrong the day after that.  And the day after that.  And the day after that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #601 on: May 16, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »

May I ask the forum a question?  Anybody who wants to respond feel free?

Why am I not encouraged to follow my dreams?  Am I somehow not allowed to follow my dreams?  Every time I mention something I hear people constantly saying "it's impossible", "don't try it", "you're wasting your time", "it's a pipe dream", etc.

I have made many mistakes, but it doesn't mean I have no right to pursue my dreams.

Because it's is actually important I'll break my vow of update silence and explain this one for you. (And yeah all these gifs has a specific message I'm trying to make, although admittedly some are so abstract I'm not really expecting anyone get them).

The net symbolizes your goals.

The jumping man is you.

His rolls of fat are your rolls of fat and also symbolizes your numerous habits that are unhealthy for you mentally and physically.

The mat is your dependency on others because you're unable to take care of yourself.

EDIT: And just so we're clear I'll go ahead and connect the dots between these concepts. If you try to keep your eye on the prize without solving the problems that are holding you back you'll fail and nothing will change. Get your day to day life in order before you even think about what your plans will be more than like a year from now. If you can't even motivate yourself to walk around the block how do you think you'll motivate yourself to focus on your education and graduate at the time you're expecting, let alone keep up with all the other things you want to do after that?

What you don't realize, BK, is my life is in order.  I do have things together.  No body believes me, but I seriously do have things together.  I've got my God to fill in the gaps.  One thing I know is certain, the duration of my life will be focused on foreign missions (a very noble and non-egotistical endeavor).  It just remains a question of which capacity do I enter the mission field?  Do I enter through the Peace Corps (which is foreign missions) or do I enter directly through Maisha?  That part, I don't have figured out, yet.  As far as my weight goes, would people please give me a freakin' chance!!!!!  I am going to a Dietitian next Wednesday, but not a single post has been made on that.  Everybody is saying I am doomed and have absolutely no hope.  Where is the encouragement in that?  Give me a chance!!!!

Why should we mention your dietician?  History has shown us that you don't listen to your doctors.  A year ago, you were seeing the new Indian doctor who told you to lose weight, and back then, you vowed to lose weight.  Month after month, you keep telling us you're going to lose weight, yet it hasn't happened.  Why is this time going to be any different?  Sure, you think it's going to be, but the precedent says otherwise.

Precedent may say otherwise, but that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the future.

I wish people would give me a chance before they say I'm hopeless and I will never change and attempt to discourage me from doing something radical.  My dreams don't have to be what everybody else is doing.  I can have radical dreams, and I can achieve them.

It's a good indicator for the future.  Jeff, you can't even walk a quarter of a mile.  I've been bugging you to do this for what... a month now?  That's not radical.  How can you achieve radical dreams if you can't do that?  Yet, you still don't do it.  It would be VERY easy to start walking.  Nothings stopping you other than your lame excuses.

Like I've said before.  I can do nothing to convince anybody otherwise right now.  It's going to take hard work and dedication.  If I have anything to say about it, by the time I put in my application for Peace Corps on September 1, which I am still going to do, I will have lost 20-25 lbs.  I have lost 3 lbs already.  That's water weight, I know, and nothing to write home about, but I am cutting myself down to one meal a day plus maybe a light snack.  I have about 3 or 4 regular Dr Pepper's left in my refrigerator and then its all Diet Dr Pepper and Water.  I do need to ramp back up my water intake, I will wholeheartedly agree with that.  I'm taking baby steps right now to start down the road toward a healthier life regardless of my future plans whether they be foreign or domestic.  I have also started a food diary of what I am eating to show the Dietitian next Wednesday, so we can make out a workable game plan.  You're right, I have to stick with it, and I have not done a very good job of it in the past.  Now, with so many goals in sight, I have even more incentive to stick with the diet and exercise plan over and above the simple and basic goal of just staying alive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »

I have about 3 or 4 regular Dr Pepper's left in my refrigerator and then its all Diet Dr Pepper and Water. 

Open all 4 cans and pour them down the sink.  Or give them to your family members if you don't want to be "wasteful" with your sugar water.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2013, 12:07:02 AM »

One day at a time, Inks.  That's what I'm going to take.  I've got goals and dreams and a passion and a heart for people that God has unmistakably placed within me.  Now is the time to start preparing myself for those dreams.  Taking the preparation one day at a time is always best.  It prevents me from getting discouraged at the road ahead and allows me to focus on one step at a time.  That's my biggest problem, I tend to look at the big picture while ignoring the smaller details that make up to the big picture.  I know exactly what I need to do.  I have the tools and equipment to do it.  Now, I just need to get up off my lazy bum and do it!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2013, 12:10:19 AM »

I have about 3 or 4 regular Dr Pepper's left in my refrigerator and then its all Diet Dr Pepper and Water.

Open all 4 cans and pour them down the sink.  Or give them to your family members if you don't want to be "wasteful" with your sugar water.

Correction:  I have two cans left.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »

One day at a time, Inks.  That's what I'm going to take.  I've got goals and dreams and a passion and a heart for people that God has unmistakably placed within me.  Now is the time to start preparing myself for those dreams.  Taking the preparation one day at a time is always best.  It prevents me from getting discouraged at the road ahead and allows me to focus on one step at a time.  That's my biggest problem, I tend to look at the big picture while ignoring the smaller details that make up to the big picture.  I know exactly what I need to do.  I have the tools and equipment to do it.  Now, I just need to get up off my lazy bum and do it!

OK.  So start tomorrow.  Rain or shine.  Company or no Company.  Headaches or no headaches.  Just freaking do it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2013, 12:14:51 AM »

No one is telling you not to follow your dreams. The problem is, they change almost daily.

Further, no one is trying to discourage you, but you've given us no reason to believe you're serious about anything this time given your past behavior. How long have you been "trying" to lose weight? And things like rain, people visiting, your cat scratching you have gotten in the way? And you went to stuff your face at the Golden Corral tonight? Come on, pal, you can't blame us for not believing any of this!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2013, 12:22:02 AM »

And, to be honest, guys.  I am still praying about the Peace Corps.  Right now, I still plan on beginning my application on the afternoon of Sunday, 1 September 2013.  As I approach the end of August, I will decide to proceed with the application on Labor Day Sunday as planned, or to wait until 1 October or a year, or to proceed in a different direction.  I am pretty sure I will end up overseas, in Kenya, in the long term.  The main question is in what capacity do I get started.  Do I get started in the Peace Corps or do I go straight for Kenya in 2015, or am I not even seeing it right now.  Politicus and Inks both bring up a very good point to upgrade my Computer Science minor.  I still think my E-Commerce degree is valid, but I will readily agree that a Computer Science major would be a better degree.  Plus, the idea of having two bachelor degrees that are closely related to each other is more appealing than just one.  If I do decide to go to Alva to upgrade, I will push my Peace Corps application back until I am within 3-6 months of graduation.  The timing of all this is not at all set in stone and is just a loose goal at this point.  If I do push it back and start losing weight now, my application and resume will just be that much juicier when I do apply.  Right now, I only know two things.  1) I will be going to Kenya in just over a month and 2) I will be doing something in August, whether a CAD certificate or a Comp Sci upgrade.  Beyond those two things, its anybody's guess.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2013, 12:24:33 AM »

No one is telling you not to follow your dreams. The problem is, they change almost daily.

Further, no one is trying to discourage you, but you've given us no reason to believe you're serious about anything this time given your past behavior. How long have you been "trying" to lose weight? And things like rain, people visiting, your cat scratching you have gotten in the way? And you went to stuff your face at the Golden Corral tonight? Come on, pal, you can't blame us for not believing any of this!

I don't blame anyone at all for not believing me.  There's nothing i can do right now to change any of that.  Its going to take time and fruit to convince everybody.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2013, 12:28:15 AM »

Jeff, will you walk tomorrow?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »

Yes. I am very much results driven. You can talk talk talk, but if you don't deliver, it means nothing to me. It's like a company. They can say they're doing X all they want, but if they miss on the top and bottom lines during their quarterly report, no one cares about past statements.

I want to see results. Only then will I believe anything you say. Or have faith you've finally turned it around.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2013, 12:29:56 AM »

Its going to take time and fruit to convince everybody.

Huh
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #612 on: May 17, 2013, 12:31:48 AM »

I'll take a mango.  Or some blackberries.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: May 17, 2013, 12:32:37 AM »

OK.  So start tomorrow.  Rain or shine.  Company or no Company.  Headaches or no headaches.  Just freaking do it.

This morning, I will be doing physical exercise by lifting a lot of 2x4's in our shop over at Grandma's that have fallen on top of the clothes.  This afternoon, instead of taking a Friday afternoon nap, I can take a walk up and down my street for 25-30 minutes, however far that gets me (probably 1.25-1.50 miles).  Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we'll have to see as we are expecting a severe weather outbreak.  If its not storming or no threat of storms, I will walk.  I keep my family and friends on facebook advised of severe weather threats, so their safety will be my top concern.  Sunday, I've got my Kenya Supply Packing Party and Evening Service that I'm preaching, but if its not raining in the early afternoon, I will get out and take a half hour walk.  Monday, I have nothing going on, so if its not raining and there's no immediate threat for storms, I will go out for another half hour.  The rain will move out Tuesday morning, so definitely Tuesday afternoon on, I should be able to get 30-35 minutes.  By Sunday, 2 June, I want to be able to increase my walk time from 25-30 minutes to 35-40 minutes and approaching 2 miles a day instead of just 1.  Plus, with this dietitian and the wellness center, when I do go down there to work out, I will have other exercises I can do besides walking.  I haven't seen the equipment of the gym, yet, but I'm looking forward to checking it out next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: May 17, 2013, 12:33:59 AM »

In addition to physical exercise this morning (probably 1-2 hours worth), I will try to walk at least 1.25 miles this afternoon before supper.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: May 17, 2013, 12:34:52 AM »

Fruit can be translated evidence.  Evidence that I've actually done something...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: May 17, 2013, 12:35:41 AM »

I'll settle for a big vine of grapes, both green and purple.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #617 on: May 17, 2013, 12:37:41 AM »

Just saying... 2x4s are pretty light.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: May 17, 2013, 12:57:24 AM »

Which is why I'm not counting that as my exercise.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #619 on: May 17, 2013, 12:59:58 AM »

Fruit can be translated evidence.  Evidence that I've actually done something...

Not if it's those bananas that went bad, that you never threw out!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: May 17, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

It is 1:00 am Friday Morning.  I must get some sleep.  Over and out.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #621 on: May 17, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »

Correction:  I have two cans left.

It is 1:00 am Friday Morning.  I must get some sleep.  Over and out.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #622 on: May 17, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »

I think Bacon King has single-handedly saved this thread from jumping the shark once and for all. Good show, sir.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #623 on: May 17, 2013, 03:57:57 AM »

Time (and fruit) heals all wounds (and hunger).  A stitch in time (and fruit) saves nine (and an unhealthy diet).  Time (and fruit) flies when you're having fun (and a catapult).

I leave you with a representation of Bushie clinging to his parents for survival:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #624 on: May 17, 2013, 08:32:22 AM »

Bushie you should just ignore Inks' hateful personal attacks. If he weren't a moderator they would have surely earned him enough infraction points to be put on mod review or even banned by now.

This.  Bushie won't report them so no points for Inks.

I do have to give Inks credit for not slapping others with death points for personal attacks though, since he's basically on hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies