Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:42:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 173869 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »

What are you gonna eat today, Bushie? Will it be somewhat healthy at least?

To be honest, doubtful.  I'm probably going to go by McDonald's on my to my cousins.  I'm riding with my cousin to a high school graduation tonight.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #476 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:16 PM »

Inks, I know you think you're so much better than me and you never make mistakes, but do you have to rub it in my face every single post you make?

You are one good comedian!!

You've been told repeatedly by a number of posters (not just Inks, though you like to pull "Inks is mean" excuse) that, frankly speaking, you're f**king everything up. Either you don't try at all to do something with your miserable (it's not awesome, isn't it?) life, or you give up like a bored 2 years old toddler.

It's like with a party. When one person tells you you had too much to drink, that's just a single opinion. When you're hearing this line from a number diffrent people, then you had too much to drink and you should go to sleep.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:19 PM »

I'm not attacking your Indian heritage.  But it's a false dilemma to say that your only options are Indian healthcare or rob your parents by making them pay for your healthcare.

You know, until PPACA comes fully on line, it CAN be really hard to get health care. Any job he could get probably wouldn't offer it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #478 on: May 15, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »

To be honest, doubtful.  I'm probably going to go by McDonald's on my to my cousins.  I'm riding with my cousin to a high school graduation tonight.
This makes Baby Jesus cry.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #479 on: May 15, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »

This makes Baby Jesus cry.

I'm not going to go overboard at McDonald's, but I'm going to get enough to where I quit feeling hungry.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ap-exclusive-health-reforms-penalize-some-indians.php

Interesting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: May 15, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »

Inks, I know you think you're so much better than me and you never make mistakes, but do you have to rub it in my face every single post you make?

You've been told repeatedly by a number of posters (not just Inks, though you like to pull "Inks is mean" excuse) that, frankly speaking, you're f**king everything up. Either you don't try at all to do something with your miserable (it's not awesome, isn't it?) life, or you give up like a bored 2 years old toddler.

It's like with a party. When one person tells you you had too much to drink, that's just a single opinion. When you're hearing this line from a number diffrent people, then you had too much to drink and you should go to sleep.

Inks is not the only one, but he is the only one that keeps playing the same note day after day after day after day.  I know he has good intentions, but his rhetoric is laughable.

I'm definitely not perfect.  I make many, many mistakes, but yet, my life is awesome even though it's not exactly what I had planned.

It's about to get even more awesome with the possibility of the Peace Corps.  (I'm not listening to the Peace Corps naysayers.)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #482 on: May 15, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »

I'm definitely not perfect.  I make many, many mistakes, but yet, my life is awesome even though it's not exactly what I had planned.

It's about to get even more awesome with the possibility of the Peace Corps.  (I'm not listening to the Peace Corps naysayers.)

How long are you going to serve? 2 days before getting bored?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: May 15, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »

I'm definitely not perfect.  I make many, many mistakes, but yet, my life is awesome even though it's not exactly what I had planned.

It's about to get even more awesome with the possibility of the Peace Corps.  (I'm not listening to the Peace Corps naysayers.)

27 months.  Then, I'll come back and go to Kenya.  My life is going to be focused on foreign missions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: May 15, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »

Anyway, I've got to go poison myself at McDonald's.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #485 on: May 15, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »

Sadly, Jeff, you responded to the least important of my posts.... as usual.

It's the only answer you're going to get!

Jeff, you have to realize, the answers ultimately don't matter to me.  If that's the only answer I get, my life will go on.  It's your life that you're screwing up, not mine.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #486 on: May 15, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »

27 months.  Then, I'll come back and go to Kenya.  My life is going to be focused on foreign missions.

Jeff, you can't even motivate yourself to walk... You're unable to make any committments.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #487 on: May 15, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

Inks is not the only one, but he is the only one that keeps playing the same note day after day after day after day.  I know he has good intentions, but his rhetoric is laughable.

Jeff, you're the only one laughing.  My rhetoric may be the same every day, but what's laughable about a 31-year-old man who can't walk a quarter of a mile, is unemployed, and defrauds his parents?  I may say that a lot, but that's because it's true.  How is that laughable?  If you got off your bum and actually walked, and if you stopped stealing from your parents, I wouldn't say the same things all the time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #488 on: May 15, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »

Eat a salad there.  Drink a water.  Get some apple slices instead of fries.  I'm guessing that none of these things will be actually done.  I'm also predicting his caloric intake for McDonald's dinner will be over 2,000 calories.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »

What'd you get at McDonald's Jeff?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #490 on: May 15, 2013, 06:03:30 PM »

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

Wait, so what are you going to wear for a month while your clothes are all packed up?

These are just the supplies.  We pack the personal items on our own later.

Yeah, God forbid you buy supplies from the local merchants and actually contribute to the local economy.  We need the cracker brigade to parachute in to save the day.

We do buy some supplies down there at the "Nakumat" which is Kenya's version of Walmart, especially the liquid or gel products, but they don't have all the supplies we are looking for, so we're taking a few supplies with us.

You know what my above statement is unfair. The real useless cargo is a plane load of Oklahomans spending thousands of dollars and burning through untold fossils fuel to go to Kenya in the first place... to do what exactly?  Feel better about themselves.  I don't question the motivation of you all but rather the effectiveness.  You really could be helping in other ways.

There are some cases where hands-on work is more effective than money.  Love is best expressed through physical interaction and touching, not a checkbook.  We can't help the workers build by money alone.  They need physical labor.  All money does is fund such projects.  The church families of the travelers are the ones who raise the money to fund the projects.

The Bible calls us to be the hands and feet of Christ on this earth, not just the checkbook of Christ.  The Apostle James says that true religion is caring for the widows and the orphans.  We are Christians, so we follow the Christian Holy Book, the Bible.  It's like a Muslim would be following the Quran for his expeditions, or a Jew would be following the Torah.  When I was a child at church (the same church where I'm an Associate Pastor/Church Clerk now), on the wall of one of the Sunday School rooms had a photograph of a child and the caption said "She needs your time, not just your money."

Volunteer at a local soup kitchen then.  Help the poor...start with yourself.

There are plenty of local people much more skilled who could use the wages doing the work that you pretend to do.  Really this venture is about fueling your egos and getting your photo ops so that donors will continue to donate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »

Patrick is right. Seriously, Jeff, you're no way ready for such a commitment as Peace Corps. Your intentions are noble, but you're lacking a discipline.

As your history shows, you can't hold a job, you can't force yourself to do even easiest exercise not give up junk food that is, quite literally, killing you.

For the love of God, take care of yourself first or likely you won't be alive to undertake such a exhausting project.

Look, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to reason with you.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: May 15, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »

I'm going to address both Inks and Kal in this post:

I know its my life that I'm living.  I just want to make sure you and me both realize that it doesn't matter what answers I give you whether they be the right answers or the wrong answers.  Your life will go on and my life will go on and we'll continue posting on this forum and discussing politics, together.  What matters is that I actually put my words in to action.  I realize that I've done a very poor job of that in the past.  I can say things will be different until the cows come home, but things won't actually be different until things are different, if you know what I mean.  I'm not trying to convince you or anybody that things will be different, because I don't answer to you or anyone else on this forum.  I answer to my God, ultimately, and myself, second, and until I get completely off their nickel, I answer to my parents.

Things are definitely not perfect, and I am earnestly trying to change them.  I am seeing a Dietitian next Wednesday, 22 May.  There I will have an eating plan laid out for me that I can start following.  I will have a gym down there I can visit 3-4 times a week and on the days I am not working out at the gym, I can walk.  Like I said and like others have said and like my mother has said, if I want to even think about succeeding in the Peace Corps and/or Kenya, I have got to lose a lot of this weight.  I don't necessarily have to lose all of the excess weight, but I need to lose the vast majority of it.  I have lost 2 pounds since that 275 weigh in, so I'm now in the 272.5-273.5 range.  My goal is by the time I apply for the Peace Corps on September 1, I hope to lose at least 20-25 pounds, hopefully getting down to 250.  Then, while the application process is running its course, I plan to lose at least an additional 50 pounds getting down to 200.  That's still not all the way down, but 200 is much, much better than 275 and no one can argue that.  I don't have to be a perfectly normal weight and a little excess weight is not bad, but when you have 100 lbs of excess weight, you've got some to get rid of.  In the mean time, I will be working closely with my doctor and my dietitian to get rid of this weight in the healthiest way possible.

Patrick,

I am very prideful, but this is not about my ego.  I want no fame or fortune from this.  I just want to serve my God in whatever capacity He calls me.  If I am to receive any fame or recognition from it, I want to pass it on directly and fully to Jesus Christ.  When I make mistakes, I want to be to a point where I can freely own it without reservation, accept whatever consequences come from it, learn from it, and move on from it.  I will admit, I'm not entirely to that point, yet.  God's still working on this lump of clay and dirt to mold it, make it, and shape it into something that can bring Him the most glory.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #496 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

Patrick,

And will you address Bacon King's points about P Diddy, and Spock's sacrifice?  You seem to be ignoring him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: May 15, 2013, 10:31:36 PM »

Patrick,

And will you address Bacon King's points about P Diddy, and Spock's sacrifice?  You seem to be ignoring him.

I'm still trying to figure out how the tweet about P Diddy applies to my situation.

Captain Spock's sacrifice was much more noble than a McDonald's sacrifice...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »

As of Midnight, I will be 5 weeks away from leaving for Africa.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #499 on: May 15, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »

Just a few hours apart.....
My goal is by the time I apply for the Peace Corps on September 1, I hope to lose at least 20-25 pounds, hopefully getting down to 250.  Then, while the application process is running its course, I plan to lose at least an additional 50 pounds getting down to 200. 

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies