Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:09:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 173481 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: May 30, 2013, 01:00:02 AM »

Lots of jobs might be willing to rehire. Mine has before for people who've quit for various reasons (going back to school, moving somewhere else, etc.) One of my fellow training associates I've been working with on our last class is someone who quit about a year ago, then she returned and was rehired only in the past month, yet they let her keep all her seniority and promoted her to training associate fairly quickly. She was just that good when she was here previously.

Now of course this is for people who are very reliable and good employees, which we know Bushie is not. So that's not going to work in his instance. Like many of his plans, this is another classic Bushie where it might work for some people, but clearly not for him. It's obvious Bushie wasn't even a solid employee at Oklahoma Natural Gas, otherwise they would've probably tried to find some way to get him back in.

That's why I'm not going to go until I've been there at least a year, maybe two.

And if you try to leave the job for the whole summer, after being there for a year or two, there's a good chance they'll say "You can't take the entire summer off and keep this job.  You can quit the job, and then see if we have an opening again in three months, but there's absolutely no guarantee we'll have a spot for you then."
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1476 on: May 30, 2013, 01:03:46 AM »

This weight loss story arc has hit a real rut, hasn't it? I mean, "four sloppy joes" and Bushie's Beans Diet for Fast Weight Loss are great bits, but after 60 pages this act has played itself out.

Honestly, Update hasn't been this fresh since Rainbow Play Systems.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1477 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »

Lots of jobs might be willing to rehire. Mine has before for people who've quit for various reasons (going back to school, moving somewhere else, etc.) One of my fellow training associates I've been working with on our last class is someone who quit about a year ago, then she returned and was rehired only in the past month, yet they let her keep all her seniority and promoted her to training associate fairly quickly. She was just that good when she was here previously.

Now of course this is for people who are very reliable and good employees, which we know Bushie is not. So that's not going to work in his instance. Like many of his plans, this is another classic Bushie where it might work for some people, but clearly not for him. It's obvious Bushie wasn't even a solid employee at Oklahoma Natural Gas, otherwise they would've probably tried to find some way to get him back in.

That's why I'm not going to go until I've been there at least a year, maybe two.

And if you try to leave the job for the whole summer, after being there for a year or two, there's a good chance they'll say "You can't take the entire summer off and keep this job.  You can quit the job, and then see if we have an opening again in three months, but there's absolutely no guarantee we'll have a spot for you then."

If faced with that option, I will start looking for employment in Nairobi.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1478 on: May 30, 2013, 01:13:29 AM »

This weight loss story arc has hit a real rut, hasn't it? I mean, "four sloppy joes" and Bushie's Beans Diet for Fast Weight Loss are great bits, but after 60 pages this act has played itself out.

Really, you didn't like the original Kenya story arc?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1479 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:10 AM »

I liked when he was calling himself a father of two. That was good s**t.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1480 on: May 30, 2013, 01:21:25 AM »

Oh man, I don't know how I forgot about Kenya. I'm going to say that Utah was so boring that it made me forget. It's a shame, too, because Utah showed promise, but it ended up being painfully tedious, with only the masturbator providing us the levity we so badly needed.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1481 on: May 30, 2013, 01:21:46 AM »

If faced with that option, I will start looking for employment in Nairobi.

So you might in fact move to Kenya for good even before they build that home for volunteers, or whatever it is you're waiting on?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1482 on: May 30, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »

I'm willing to bet that I walked more today than Bushie did, and I didn't actually leave my house today except to take some laundry in from the back yard.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1483 on: May 30, 2013, 06:19:14 AM »

Oh man, I don't know how I forgot about Kenya. I'm going to say that Utah was so boring that it made me forget. It's a shame, too, because Utah showed promise, but it ended up being painfully tedious, with only the masturbator providing us the levity we so badly needed.

Yeah, the shed masturbator story-line was hilarious but that was basically the season finale. It mostly served to transition us into a new (and definitely somewhat better) story arc.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1484 on: May 30, 2013, 06:34:12 AM »

Did the house ever sell?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1485 on: May 30, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »

Memphis, we're waiting on Bank of America to officially approve closing.  We've been waiting for 4 weeks now...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1486 on: May 30, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »

I've precisely none to spare, Inks, but then again I didn't breed in the face of capitalist oppression.

And his parents have money to spare?  But I knew you'd come up with an excuse.  It's part of your shtick.

You're being silly, Inks.  You think that not sending money to a perfect stranger from the internet is 'schtick'?  Or that anyone else here 'puts their money where their mouth is'?  Perfect nonsense.

I would have actually paid out the incentives that I gave to Jeff, had he fulfilled the requirements. Of course I didn't expect you to actually put your money where your mouth is... but that's the whole point, and that's what makes you you.  It also shows that you're not actually trying to help.  You're just trolling as usual.

Good god, I refrained from accusing YOU of trolling for this preposterous personal attack 'put your money where your mouth is' by sending money to strangers, and then you falsely accuse me of same!

I precisely don't think we can 'help' in the sense of change anything, that's my point.  I just want to help him accept and understand the trap he's in, and to be at peace while he waits. 

Finally, the whole point of the Left is not to send 'one's own' money, but to critique a system in which that designation - 'his' or 'my' or 'your' money - is key to power over others.  It simply isn't at all relevant to any of the arguments involved to ask one peon to send a few pesos to another peon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1487 on: May 30, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »

So, I stupidly skipped breakfast this morning, but had a moderate calorie lunch.  I did go to McDonald's, but got the hamburger without cheese and without fries and a Diet Dr. Pepper.  Altogether, I had about 650-700 calories.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1488 on: May 30, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »

Why such an aversion to chicken? That much red meat is not healthy for you at all.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1489 on: May 30, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »

No food in the house, Bushie?  Why run to McDonald's?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1490 on: May 30, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »

Bushie have you ever cooked anything in your life
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1491 on: May 30, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »

Bushie have you ever cooked anything in your life

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1492 on: May 30, 2013, 02:06:57 PM »

I've cooked Spaghetti, Bacon and Eggs, Tacos, and a handful of other items.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1493 on: May 30, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »

Bushie have you ever tried the non burger items at a fast food restaurant?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1494 on: May 30, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

Don't they have Chipotle in Oklahoma? It's still a lot of calories, but at least you would be eating vegetables and getting some vitamins and nutrients instead of continuing to just eat bread and red meat for every single meal.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1495 on: May 30, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »

I have an idea for Bushie's first cooking lesson. Toast two slices of whole wheat bread. Put some sliced turkey, mustard, and spinach between them. No cheese or mayo! Eat with one banana and glass/bottle of water. Instant lunch. Much easier than driving to a fast food place and much better for you too.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1496 on: May 30, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »

God, Memphis, your meals are so uninspiring. You can eat well while not eating crap. No one is going to eat just bread and turkey with nothing on it. Learn to like hummus or some other type of sauce that isn't too fatty. Even mayo isn't bad in moderation.

Bushie's diet consists of red meat and bread and not much else. It's horrific, but he's uninterested in making it better. He just likes to talk about starting a diet but never actually does. Then when we call him out he claims he can't change everything at once. Rinse repeat. It's been that way for 3 years now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1497 on: May 30, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »

Sorry, I'm blowing up everyone's Facebook.  I've got a lot of Tornado Warnings I'm tracking...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1498 on: May 30, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »

God, Memphis, your meals are so uninspiring. You can eat well while not eating crap. No one is going to eat just bread and turkey with nothing on it. Learn to like hummus or some other type of sauce that isn't too fatty. Even mayo isn't bad in moderation.

He didn't say nothing on it he said mustard.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1499 on: May 30, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »

Sorry, I'm blowing up everyone's Facebook.  I've got a lot of Tornado Warnings I'm tracking...

Do it on your private channel or private page whatever the hell it is stop on Facebook.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies