CO-PPP: Hick and Hillary struggling to keep state in Democratic hands (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:08:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO-PPP: Hick and Hillary struggling to keep state in Democratic hands (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-PPP: Hick and Hillary struggling to keep state in Democratic hands  (Read 5132 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »

Just like 4 years ago - some state results seem kind of funny when compared to one another. That being said, I'm surprised to see Democrats performing so poorly here - I thought this state was slowly drifting away for us.

CO has enough of a libertarian streak that R's will always have an opening against a populist D.  Rubio being so far down in Florida is more bizarre IMO.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »

This polls electorate is 81% white and last years exits had it at 78%. Considering the state's rising latino population that number should be 75% or so in 2016. Keep in mind it's a midterm electorate poll and the fact that an actual campaign could hurt Rubio with social libertarians in Colorado (and help him in KY, WV, AR, TN etc). I'd bank on CO being the near the national average again no matter who the nominees are in 2016.

There is a "shy Democrat" factor in the SW to be sure.  Still, I think there is something to this.  Look at how the fis-con/soc-lib vote swung harder than the nation against Obama.  I suspect Hillary's impressive polling is due to a huge swing among Independent women.  In CO, this group is already quite D, so there isn't as much room left for her to improve.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies