Rhubarb Surveys: IDS Emperor Polling
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:42:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rhubarb Surveys: IDS Emperor Polling
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will receive your vote in the upcoming IDS Emperor Election?
SJoyce (Light-FL)
Zanas46 (Lab-AL)
Write-in
Not a resident of the IDS
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Rhubarb Surveys: IDS Emperor Polling  (Read 521 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:33:07 PM »

Rhubarb Surveys is now polling for the upcoming IDS Emperor election. Since the election begins in just over 24 hours, we will be showing results as they come in. If you are not a resident of the Imperial Dominion of the South, please click option 4. Everyone's commentary however, is welcome.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 12:34:14 AM »

Not an IDS citisen/grateful I don't have to choose between these two candidates.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:49:18 AM »

I'd probably vote for one who doesn't try to manipulate quotes by removing context.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 01:15:46 AM »

I'd probably vote for one who doesn't try to manipulate quotes by removing context.

Which one of them does this?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 01:30:53 AM »

Zanas.

He has this quote in his signature.
you aren't making any sense by saying you disagree with me

I actually said this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Senator X on the subject of education being a "great equalizer".

Ahem.

Frankly, Mr. Senator, I didn't say I agree with you because I don't. You say that education is the great equalizer. Senator X and I say that it should be, but tragically is not right now.

Education is the great equalizer. If it isn't, what else is? Are you saying that because our system is imperfect, that we need to find something other than education to achieve these goals? Otherwise you aren't making any sense by saying you disagree with me. Or are you saying you disagree with my stances on education? If so, which?

The exchange is a response to me saying this:

For me, education is the great equalizer. Without education and the opportunities it affords, we cannot function democratically, economically, or socially. We would not be able to call ourselves a free people.

And then I proceed recounting my record on expanding education opportunities for all and improving our systems at every level. It's disappointing, because I've always been a proponent of improving our education system and out of all candidates, I have a record of action and accomplishment in education that is unmatched.

Alfred hasn't specified where he disagrees with me beyond either misinterpreting or misrepresenting my statements.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is. Wink
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:59 AM »

Guess Tongue
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 10:49:27 AM »

Zanas.

He has this quote in his signature.
you aren't making any sense by saying you disagree with me

I actually said this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Senator X on the subject of education being a "great equalizer".

Ahem.

Frankly, Mr. Senator, I didn't say I agree with you because I don't. You say that education is the great equalizer. Senator X and I say that it should be, but tragically is not right now.

Education is the great equalizer. If it isn't, what else is? Are you saying that because our system is imperfect, that we need to find something other than education to achieve these goals? Otherwise you aren't making any sense by saying you disagree with me. Or are you saying you disagree with my stances on education? If so, which?

The exchange is a response to me saying this:

For me, education is the great equalizer. Without education and the opportunities it affords, we cannot function democratically, economically, or socially. We would not be able to call ourselves a free people.

And then I proceed recounting my record on expanding education opportunities for all and improving our systems at every level. It's disappointing, because I've always been a proponent of improving our education system and out of all candidates, I have a record of action and accomplishment in education that is unmatched.

Alfred hasn't specified where he disagrees with me beyond either misinterpreting or misrepresenting my statements.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is. Wink
Napoleon.

Do you really have to go on a rant for everything ? Do you really have to ?

I quoted your sentence because I thought it was funny in itself. I didn't remove the hyperlink by the way, so anyone can click on my signature and go see by themselves in what context the sentence was uttered. No biggie, really.

Don't you have an out-of-context quotation yourself in your sig ?

Really, you should step down of your high horse once in a while. It would make you look a bit more sympathetic. I'm sure I don't disagree on much with you, but you just seem so stiff and rigid. Chill out, dude. Wink
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:44 AM »

SJoyce (Light-FL) 64%

Zanas46 (Lab-AL) 27%

Write-in 9%

The results of the poll are in, and based on these polls, Rhubarb surveys projects that SJoyce will be the next emperor, of the Imperial Dominion of the South. We have a margin of area between 3-5% depending on the circumstances, as well as we acknowledge that this poll's data may be skewed by non residents of
the South voting in this poll. However, the fact that SJoyce has a 37% point lead in these polls, has us projecting an SJoyce victory. Rhubarb will be tracking some of the results as they come in. 

* Warning: The Results of this poll, as with all polls, may not fully represent the will of the voters of the IDS, and may be inaccurate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies