Would the Update thread be better if Inks stopped posting in it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would the Update thread be better if Inks stopped posting in it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would the Update thread be better if Inks stopped posting in it?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Would the Update thread be better if Inks stopped posting in it?  (Read 3595 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »

His contributions are just as tiresome and block-headed as Bushie's, but without even being entertaining.  Kind of like his activity in the Mod board, in fact.

I've worked harder than anybody else at tracking down and getting rid of socks.  It's a bit sad that you don't appreciate that.

Cry

I was tempted to respond to that with something more substantial, but there's really no need.  Your time will come eventually, opebo. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »

I was tempted to respond to that with something more substantial, but there's really no need.  Your time will come eventually, opebo. Smiley

Come on, my friend - it was a joke.  Surely we can all take a joke?  Particularly this type - intended fondly.  I mean the whole 'sock' thing always makes me think of housecleaning, doesn't it you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »

Come on, my friend - it was a joke.  Surely we can all take a joke?  Particularly this type - intended fondly.  I mean the whole 'sock' thing always makes me think of housecleaning, doesn't it you?

Of course I can take a joke... but over the past year or so, I've come to see you for what you really are.  I see through the act now.  I've noticed the patterns.  Why you try so hard to be who you are on this forum doesn't make sense to me, but hey, if you're having fun, I guess that's what's important.  But eventually, you'll slip up majorly again, and I'm done with encouraging leniency for you.  Quite honestly, I've been done doing that for a while now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »

I find it odd that Inks continues to insist that Bushie should get a job and take responsibility for himself when it's obvious that the poor wretch doesn't have that capability. Someone with Bushie's mental health issues is of no use to any employer - Inks himself has acknowledged this - and ought to be a ward of the state.

As for whether the Update Thread would be better without Inks' contributions, who cares? It's cesspool of exploitative entertainment. Anyone who reads it regularly (myself included) shouldn't feel morally superior to Inks.
And certainly not to Bushie.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »

This isn't going very well is it?  Sad

I will state, again, one of the reasons why I admire BRTD; I don't care what they say. He is able to take all the slings and arrows thrown his way (probably more than any other poster these days bar none, now that JJ has ceased being viewed as an easy target to abuse - and JJ by the way, has shown outstanding dignity and sangfroid too from the day I first joined you here), with dignity, and often good humor. And you know what? We would all be happier if BRTD's (and JJ's) example were more often followed around here. Really.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

I was tempted to respond to that with something more substantial, but there's really no need.  Your time will come eventually, opebo. Smiley

Come on, my friend - it was a joke.  Surely we can all take a joke?  Particularly this type - intended fondly.  I mean the whole 'sock' thing always makes me think of housecleaning, doesn't it you?

It's too late. You've just rocketed to the top of The List.

I'll miss your contributions. Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »

I was tempted to respond to that with something more substantial, but there's really no need.  Your time will come eventually, opebo. Smiley

Come on, my friend - it was a joke.  Surely we can all take a joke?  Particularly this type - intended fondly.  I mean the whole 'sock' thing always makes me think of housecleaning, doesn't it you?

It's too late. You've just rocketed to the top of The List.

I'll miss your contributions. Sad

Nah, you're still on the top. Wink
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 01:39:08 AM »

The IPU will work hard to remove Inks from moderation team before Opebo is removed from the poster ranks.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 02:00:36 AM »

The IPU will work hard to remove Inks from moderation team before Opebo is removed from the poster ranks.

Dave won't even respond to emails from Nym.  You think he's going to respond to the IPU?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 03:36:53 AM »

Dave won't even respond to emails from Nym.  You think he's going to respond to the IPU?

I believe you don't understand the nature of IPU's campaign. Also didn't Fuzzy get reinstated by e-mailing Dave recently?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 03:48:01 AM »

Also didn't Fuzzy get reinstated by e-mailing Dave recently?

Yes, he did.  But he hasn't responded to emails about moderators, or adding or subtracting moderators in ages.  We were only able to get Torie added as a mod to Individual Politics by threadjacking a thread that Dave was reading.  And that was about six months after the initial request was made to him.

In any case, Inks is doing very little moderation anymore anyway.  After he came back from his one month leave, he's largely just been infracting sock accounts and leaving the day to day FC/OT moderation to Mikado.  So even if he were de-modded, very little would change.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »

Yes, he did.  But he hasn't responded to emails about moderators, or adding or subtracting moderators in ages.  We were only able to get Torie added as a mod to Individual Politics by threadjacking a thread that Dave was reading.  And that was about six months after the initial request was made to him.

In any case, Inks is doing very little moderation anymore anyway.  After he came back from his one month leave, he's largely just been infracting sock accounts and leaving the day to day FC/OT moderation to Mikado.  So even if he were de-modded, very little would change.

So was our campaign successful then?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 05:49:26 PM »

Ha ha, hours after I typed this, Dave responded to our request to give Mikado some help on FC/OT moderation.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »

Ha ha, hours after I typed this, Dave responded to our request to give Mikado some help on FC/OT moderation.  Wink

Yes, The Help, is how I would define it.  Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »

I believe you don't understand the nature of IPU's campaign. Also didn't Fuzzy get reinstated by e-mailing Dave recently?

No.  He was reinstated because I emailed Dave for him.  Funny, I didn't get a letter of thanks from the IPU for that one...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 11:29:27 AM »

I guess I shut Seatown up. Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »

Yes, The Help, is how I would define it.  Tongue

I consider your definition wholly accurate actually, Grumps.  The proper Mod mentality in my mind should be to serve the collective YOU, and not the other way around. Yes, we are your servants.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies