out of all the southern states (the old 11 confederate states) which is the most
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:12:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  out of all the southern states (the old 11 confederate states) which is the most
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: out of all the southern states (the old 11 confederate states) which is the most  (Read 1960 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »

secular? I'm not saying what state IS secular but what do you think is the least religious? I'd probably say either VA or FL since both have large swaths of the state that aren't of the bible belt.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »

FL I would say, even more than VA. Even in red areas in southwest FL in places like Naples along I-75 it's more country club conservative than Santorum types.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »

Florida without a doubt.  Virginia a close second.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »

1st Florida
2nd Virginia
3rd North Carolina
4th Georgia
5th Arkansas
6th Louisiana
7th Tennessee
8th Texas
9th South Carolina
10th Mississippi
11th Alabama
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »

Virginia, definitely... because you have NoVa. 

Florida... so a mix of older Jews, Cubans, suburban/exurban whites, and the Panhandle (which is every bit as conservative and Southern as Alabama) and you come up with a more secular state than Virginia?  Nah... it's close but Virginia is the most liberal Southern state in almost every respect at this point. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »

I don't know what Florida is anymore. I think its basically a red state trying to be a blue state or a blue state trying to be a red. Think of trying to build Philadelphia in the middle of Western Georgia or Kahn from King of the Hill.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »

I don't know what Florida is anymore. I think its basically a red state trying to be a blue state or a blue state trying to be a red. Think of trying to build Philadelphia in the middle of Western Georgia or Kahn from King of the Hill.
Southern White population + large hispanic population + retirees from midwest and other areas= Ohio+Alabama+New Mexico
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »

Southern White population + large hispanic population + retirees from midwest and other areas= Ohio+Alabama+New Mexico

From a Georgia perspective, many tend to see it as a red, southern state that's unfortunately stuck with a lot of liberals and foreigners on one end of it. But that's just because most Georgians only go to Panama City, Daytona, or Pensacola.

I'm sure people in South Florida think of it as a blue state that is being held back by a bunch of toothless rednecks on the other end.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »

Obama                            Romney
OH:    2,827,621                        2,661,407
AL:     795,696                           1,255,925       
NM:    415,335                           335,788
Total:  4,038,652(48.9%)      4,223,120(51.1%)   (Not including other votes)

That's actually exactly what Florida looks like, on a close election.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »

Florida without a doubt.  Virginia a close second.

This. If the Upper South is considered, then Maryland.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »

More or less. In social media, you see a lot of people saying that even Orlando and Tampa are "sh**t towns" if they live in South Florida. The resentment is both ways.
I think that whether Florida is a somewhat liberal or conservative state depends on how organized the liberals or conservatives are in that state.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies