Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:59:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?
Branson, Missouri

Dudefest

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?  (Read 3711 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »

Easy for me. Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »

c) North Korea.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »

Ah, a more interesting question would be "If they held Dudefest (or your own music's equivalent) in Branson... would you still go?"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:24 AM »

Ah, a more interesting question would be "If they held Dudefest (or your own music's equivalent) in Branson... would you still go?"

Well Indianapolis is kind of a relatively redneck city for one of its size, it's most well known event is stock car racing that involves some NASCAR drivers after all.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »

Well Indianapolis is kind of a relatively redneck city for one of its size, it's most well known event is stock car racing that involves some NASCAR drivers after all.

While Indianapolis is known for an auto race, that race does involve stock cars but open wheel cars.

That post of yours was about as well informed as that pol who didn't know that clips could be reloaded.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »

While Indianapolis is known for an auto race, that race does involve stock cars but open wheel cars.

That post of yours was about as well informed as that pol who didn't know that clips could be reloaded.

Well to be fair to BRTD there are a lot of rednecks and they do hold the Brickyard 400- which obv. isn't their most well known event.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »

Branson, so long as I'm going with my girlfriend because she's got family there.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 08:14:29 PM »

A metal festival vs. a city that likes to present itself as a representation of what stupid white bumpkins think of when they think of the USA. 

Toughie. 
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »

A metal festival vs. a city that likes to present itself as a representation of what stupid white bumpkins think of when they think of the USA. 

Toughie. 

Dudefest is not just any "metal festival." It's a bunch of sweaty, half naked dudes bouncing all over each other

Which is totally not gay
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 08:50:28 PM »

Branson, Missouri.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2013, 09:20:58 PM by seven people dead on a South Dakota farm »

Perhaps, but the basis of my point is not too important on the type of auto racing involved, nor am I advocating further restrictions on auto racing it.

Toughie.

Dudefest is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT a metal festival. Nor is it what Carl describes it as, it's about 40% female in attendance just for starters. This is what it is.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »

I was going to say Dudefest, because I was under the mistaken assumption that Dudefest was perhaps a celebration of the 'Big Lebowski", but since it isn't I'm going with Branson.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »

Toughie. 

Dudefest is not just any "metal festival." It's a bunch of sweaty, half naked dudes bouncing all over each other

Which is totally not gay

Pretty much everything super-masculine hetero dudes do is extremely homoerotic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2013, 10:17:58 PM by seven people dead on a South Dakota farm »

Toughie. 

Which is totally not gay

That's not a good description of people who go to Dudefest at all. After all the type of bands that play on Dudefest are the type that'll write songs about media objectification of women or society's enforcement of traditional gender roles (not that you can understand the lyrics, but that's not the point) and then a multi-paragraph essay about this in the liner notes that come with the limited edition colored vinyl record. There's a reason why folks in the scene tend to hate fraternities after all. You seem to be thinking more of metalheads.

There's a reason I found out about this poster on another forum where many people went to Dudefest. Would any "super-masculine hetero dude" post this on their wall?: http://www.crimethinc.com/tools/posters/gender_subversion_front.pdf
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »

Toughie. 

Which is totally not gay

That's not a good description of people who go to Dudefest at all. After all the type of bands that play on Dudefest are the type that'll write songs about media objectification of women or society's enforcement of traditional gender roles (not that you can understand the lyrics, but that's not the point) and then a multi-paragraph essay about this in the liner notes that come with the limited edition colored vinyl record. There's a reason why folks in the scene tend to hate fraternities after all. You seem to be thinking more of metalheads.

There's a reason I found out about this poster on another forum where many people went to Dudefest. Would any "super-masculine hetero dude" post this on their wall?: http://www.crimethinc.com/tools/posters/gender_subversion_front.pdf

That wasn't directed at Dudefest. I have never even heard of Dudefest before this thread.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »

Branson. Better music and fewer drunken hipster morons.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »

Perhaps, but the basis of my point is not too important on the type of auto racing involved, nor am I advocating further restrictions on auto racing it.

Toughie.

Dudefest is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT a metal festival. Nor is it what Carl describes it as, it's about 40% female in attendance just for starters. This is what it is.

Whatever.  What I was getting at is that it's an easy decision.  I would never step foot in Branson. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 11:55:40 PM »

Ah, well good then.

BTW Lewis' comment reminds me of something I'm sure he'd find fascinating, though not many people would, but on New Year's Eve I actually saw a hardcore band from Orange City, Iowa play in a south Minneapolis basement as part of a tour they were on. The Orange City, Iowa part being the most fascinating.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 02:31:42 AM »

I was going to say Dudefest, because I was under the mistaken assumption that Dudefest was perhaps a celebration of the 'Big Lebowski", but since it isn't I'm going with Branson.

Branson isn't a theme park about our beloved moderator, just fyi.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:05 AM »

Branson (hetero)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 08:15:29 AM »

I think upon reading this thread that I have been sold on Dudefest.  Who knew?  Smiley

When and where is it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:07 AM »

Plenty to laugh at at both places, but I've been to Branson, so whatever the other one is.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 08:53:29 AM »

Dudefest, of course. It is very much not a metal fest, although I was surprised to see some familiar names while looking at previous lineups.. Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch, Lair of the Minotaur, Nachtmystium (what?!) and Mammoth Grinder have all played in the last few years, some twice. I wonder how that went over.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »

I think I might hate Branson more than any other place in the country.  Look at this stupid ass ad. 
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »

Dudefest. I'm not sure my sanity would survive a trip to Branson.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies