Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:37:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?
Branson, Missouri

Dudefest

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Would you rather go on vacation to Branson, Missouri or Dudefest?  (Read 3849 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »

Well, lets look at this with Fezzy glasses for just a second. If we're operating under the usual assumption that I will be experiencing these things severely inebriated, Dudefest seems infinitely more awful than it already was. While Branson would likely be a significantly less stressful experience. Definitely Branson.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 01:01:50 PM »

Well, lets look at this with Fezzy glasses for just a second. If we're operating under the usual assumption that I will be experiencing these things severely inebriated, Dudefest seems infinitely more awful than it already was. While Branson would likely be a significantly less stressful experience. Definitely Branson.

Dudefest might be a chance to explore some of your interests that you haven't explored fully yet, fezzy. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »

A metal festival vs. a city that likes to present itself as a representation of what stupid white bumpkins think of when they think of the USA. 

Toughie. 

Dudefest is not just any "metal festival." It's a bunch of sweaty, half naked dudes bouncing all over each other

Which is totally not gay
I go to Kassierer gigs... now that's sweaty half naked (and sometimes naked) dudes on stage. Sweaty fat old dudes playing Oi with intelligent but usually swinish lyrics. Including some "gay" ones.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »

Dudefest might be a chance to explore some of your interests that you haven't explored fully yet, fezzy. 

Hahaha very fair point
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

Why would Dudefest be worse while drunk? Even if you don't like the music, you probably would if intoxicated. I've found myself liking songs like "Call Me Maybe", "Sexy and I Know It", "Tik Tok" and "Gangnam Style" while drunk for example.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 10:03:54 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2013, 11:07:59 PM by Mad Decent »

Wouldn't be drunk Wink

And thus it would be terrifying

EDIT: although, that could also be a lot of fun
wan
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »

Branson,Missouri
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 04:37:32 AM »

Why would Dudefest be worse while drunk? Even if you don't like the music, you probably would if intoxicated. I've found myself liking songs like "Call Me Maybe", "Sexy and I Know It", "Tik Tok" and "Gangnam Style" while drunk for example.
Then you're not a very good music elitist.

Plus, there is that real life meme that people don't change when they are drunk.  Violent drunks are always violent, they just hide it better when they are sober, that kind of thing.  Maybe you really like bad music and you just hide that (even from yourself) out of embarrassment when you're sober?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »

So then a classical music fan would like classical music even more if they were drunk? I don't see people getting drunk at philharmonic performances.

There are certain genres I don't like better when drunk (like post-rock, or some types of emo), but I definitely enjoyed most Dudefest bands moreso when drunk.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

So then a classical music fan would like classical music even more if they were drunk? I don't see people getting drunk at philharmonic performances.

There are certain genres I don't like better when drunk (like post-rock, or some types of emo), but I definitely enjoyed most Dudefest bands moreso when drunk.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

lol this thread
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2013, 02:18:50 PM by traininthedistance »

So last week, I went to a classical concert where this happened.  I had a couple drinks beforehand with dinner... and then Carnegie Hall decided to give us a free drink (choice of wine/beer/coffee/tea) with our tickets, so I had yet another.  I wasn't flat-out drunk, but I was certainly tipsy.

The oldest piece on this concert was written in 2002, by the way.  Except for the first piece on the program, which sounded like student work, it was all quite excellent.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies