Emperor Charles V's 2016 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:45:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Emperor Charles V's 2016 Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emperor Charles V's 2016 Election  (Read 1494 times)
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -6.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »

Hello everyone! For those who don't know me, I'm new to this forum. Here I'm going to post my 2016 election from my future history timeline. I hope you all enjoy it.

Please feel free to leave any questions and comments you have (within reason of course).

Charles
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »

I eagerly await your timeline, but these sorts of things belong in the "Election What-ifs" board. This board is for the actual 2016 election that will actually happen.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »

Is it going to be based on some of the ideas you posted on AH.com?
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »

It's the exact same TL from AH.com but please don't give away who's running in it, who wins or what you think of for I would like to surprise the people reading it.

I will be posting the first installment later today.
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »

The Republican Team

Bill O'Reilly: Welcome to a special episode of the O'Reilly Factor on January 24, 2015. The "spin" stops here! We have many important stories to discuss today but first let's review some of the candidates that will be running in the upcoming 2016 election. First, let's review the Republican contenders. Here with us is political analyst and Senior Advisor to former president George W. Bush, Karl Rove. Good to have you on the show Karl.

Karl Rove: Good to be with you Bill.

Bill O'Reilly: Now, with the election approaching in a little less than two years, how likely do you think it is for the Republicans to regain control of the White House in 2016.

Karl Rove: Pretty likely in my opinion.

Bill O'Reilly: Well with you predictions in 2012, I think the American public is going to take that remark with a grain of salt. You think?

Karl Rove: (laughs) I know I was dead wrong three years ago but everyone makes mistakes. The Republican Party is certainly regaining popularity in the country. We now have a one seat majority in the Senate and we still control the house although we lost several seats last midterm. Now with new Speaker Eric Cantor, I think our majority there will be safe for quite a while. Also with the recent implication of Obamacare, God knows what mess our economy will be in by 2016.

Bill O'Reilly: So Karl, I've been dying to ask you. In your opinion, who are the frontrunners on the Republican side?

Karl Rove: Good question, Bill. With the campaigning still young it's too soon to make any generalizations about the contenders but there are a few who are coming on top in the polls. First we have Senator Marco Rubio from Florida. He's been making much publicity in the recent years about being a Republican "savior" or a Republican "Obama." Now although he will help us much with the young vote and Hispanic vote that lost us in the last two elections, I personally think that he's too young and inexperienced to lead the country by 2016. He will be much better as a vice-president or a candidate in 2020 or 2024.

Bill O'Reilly: Now Karl, sorry to interrupt you but by 2016, Rubio would have more Senate experience under his belt than Obama did when he was elected in 2008.

Karl Rove: True, but something that seperates the Republicans from the Democrats is that we actually care about electing an experienced candidate to the White House so although Rubio is greatly ahead in the polls now, I don't think he will win the nomination.

Bill O'Reilly: So what do you think about the other Republican candidates?

Karl Rove: Well there's Jeb Bush the former governor of Florida. He has a massive endorsement from my friend George W. and his father as well as myself. Personally, I think he would be the best to lead the nation.

Bill O'Reilly: But don't you think he has the "Bush" surname going against him.

Karl Rove: Well you know Jeb, George Sr. and George Jr. all all different people with different methods to lead and they shouldn't be considered the same. Just because you didn't like something George W. Bush did when he was president, it doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for Jeb Bush.

Bill O'Reilly: Now how about Chris Christie, the incumbent governor of New Jersey. He's pulling a close second in the polls behind Rubio.

Karl Rove: Well Christie is a little too moderate for my taste and I will be a little dissapointed if he wins the nomination but he is definitely an improvement from who we have in the White House now. He also has an endorsement from Mitt Romney and the Romney family but they will probably take that back if Paul Ryan enters the race and he is currently on the fence right now. Also, it doesn't look too good to be endorsed by someone who lost a preisdential election.

Bill O'Reilly: A recent addition to the the race is Senator Rand Paul from Kentucky. 2016 is the first race his father is not running in for quite a while due to his age. So how do you feel about Rand taking Ron's shoes.

Karl Rove: Well, I like Rand Paul although I'm currently supporting Jeb Bush. I would be pretty satisfied if he wins the nomination. He hasn't really campaigned much so I can't say much about him but he'll definitely have support from the more Libertarian members of the Republican party as well as some of the parties younger voters.

Bill O'Reilly: So according to my sources, John Huntsman Jr., Rick Santorum, Ben Carson, Kelly Ayotte and Bobby Jindal also started campaigning for the election in 2016. What are your thoughts on these candidates?

Karl Rove: Huntsman, not a chance, way too moderate, probably will withdraw early like he did in 2012. Rick Santorum is the exact opposite. Although I agree with many of his views, many of the moderate members of the party have him wrongly branded as an extremist so he probably won't have a chance either. Ben Carson is a brilliant man and I totally stand for what he said at the CPAC in 2013 but he won't have a chance either due to his lack of political experience. Kelly Ayotte maybe will have a chance at making New Hampshire red for the first time in sixteen years but like Rubio, I think she'll do better as a vice-president. As for Jindal, I think he's the only one of the buch that you just said that I think has a chance at the nomination. He's an incredibly popular governor and has immense support throughout the south and from other southern governors such as Nikki Haley and Robert Bentley. My only question for him is that can he appeal to other regions that are not the south for example, the highly important swing state of Ohio?

Bill O'Reilly: Finally, what are your opinion of the candidates on the fence of running? Paul Ryan, Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, Condoleezza Rice?

Karl Rove: Ryan's pretty popular throughout the nation ever since he was picked as Romney's running mate in 2012. Also, his election as House Majority Leader of the 114th Congress greatly boosted his reputation. Agian as with Rubio, I question Ryan's age and experience. Michele Bachmann probably does not have a chance though again for her supposed "extremist" views. Rick Perry probably will run, but not go to far. He's not moderate but not too far to the right but also his inability to perform well in the debates will cost him greatly. Finally we go to Condi Rice who has done extremely well as Secretary of State. I think he great Foriegn Policy knowledge will do her extremely well if she ran.

Bill O'Reilly: So Karl, thank you so much for your input on the possible Republican contenders for the 2016 election.

Karl Rove: It's been a pleasure Bill.

Bill O'Reilly: After the break we join Juan Williams to discuss the Democratic candidates for 2016. Remember, the spin stops here.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

It's the exact same TL from AH.com but please don't give away who's running in it, who wins or what you think of for I would like to surprise the people reading it.

Don't worry. Wink  Good luck! Smiley
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »

Don't worry. Wink  Good luck! Smiley

Thank you! It's nice to see some AH.com people here! Do you know if anyone else from AH.com is here as well?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »

How on Earth are Jeb and Rubio running?
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »

Despite being from the same state, Jeb and Rubio are running for the nomination on different platforms. Jeb is representing the paleoconservatives and "Bush-ites" while Rubio is representing the neoconservatives.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 03:39:34 PM »

Despite being from the same state, Jeb and Rubio are running for the nomination on different platforms. Jeb is representing the paleoconservatives and "Bush-ites" while Rubio is representing the neoconservatives.
Paleoconservatives like myself tend to support Ron Paul types. Jeb Bush would get the neoconservatives, and Rubio would simply not run in this scenario. None the less, it has been very interesting so far, keep up the good work. Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »

The platforms don't really matter. Jeb & Rubio live in the same city with many of the same donors and have a close friendship. Hell, Jeb basically mentored Rubio. They wouldn't both run: most of their supporters overlap, and the big donors (specifically big FL donors) would be forced to choose, which they don't want to do. They're largely similar politicians as well, and of course it's rare to run against your friend. Indeed, to some extent, they share a record on policy as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies