An adress to undecided voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:07:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An adress to undecided voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An adress to undecided voters  (Read 1361 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2005, 04:48:15 AM »

Welch, WV

So here I am back where it all started... in this small town that has given me so much... my values, my hard working pragmatic attitude and my belief in communities.

To all the undecided voters out there (and I know there's a lot of you) who want to know why they should vote for the Al/Siege ticket, this is why:

The Realpolitik admistration will be pragmatic, non-ideological and drawn from across the political spectrum. It will be open to ideas to solve Atlasia's problems, be they from the right, the centre or the left.
We will do what we can to heal the wounds of the past few months (and I'd like to add that the outgoing President has done pretty good job at that recently) and we will always look out for ways to make Atlasia a better, safer and happier place.
An example of this is the fact that if we are elected we will institute Atlasia's first criminal justice system and it's first police force.
So give us a try. We have new ideas and if after 4 months you decide you don't like 'em, you can just kick us out.
It's as simple as that.

Senator Al Realpolitik
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 03:36:36 PM »

You got my vote, Al.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 03:43:14 PM »

Thanks Nick Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 04:10:43 PM »

I'll vote for you Al!

Siege
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 04:14:32 PM »

Big shock there Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 04:22:36 PM »

There is a possibility that you might be our VP.  I voted for you.  So, could you just do us one favor?

Stop putting "Siege" at the end of all of your posts.  We know who you are.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 05:03:30 PM »

I know it's a little off-topic, but I didn't want to clutter up the voting thread.  Al, with regards to this quote:

All jokes aside, perhaps if Nym90 had actually tried to campaign for my vote, instead of merely assuming that he'd win against two 'joke' candidates (no offense Naso), then perhaps I would have reconsidered my own vote.  If there's one thing I can't stand its complacency.  If Nym was just too busy to campaign, then fair enough.  But perhaps in that case we should let somebody who is a lot more active take over the reins for a while, regardless of who that somebody might actually be.

I know Skybridge felt the same way.  I can't speak for Sarnstrom and Bobomack though.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 05:04:56 PM »

All jokes aside, perhaps if Nym90 had actually tried to campaign for my vote, instead of merely assuming that he'd win against two 'joke' candidates (no offense Naso), then perhaps I would have reconsidered my own vote.  If there's one thing I can't stand its complacency.  If Nym was just too busy to campaign, then fair enough.  But perhaps in that case we should let somebody who is a lot more active take over the reins for a while, regardless of who that somebody might actually be.

I don't care anymore
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 05:07:23 PM »

I don't care anymore

What an attitude for a possible President!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 05:08:30 PM »

I don't care anymore

Why thank you Andrew
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »

I don't care anymore

Why thank you Andrew

I hope you're delighted you got my 10th preference.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »

I don't care anymore

Why thank you Andrew

No comment
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 05:12:11 PM »

I don't care anymore

What does that mean?  Don't forget that I actually voted for you as first preference.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 05:12:36 PM »

I realize I didn't campaign much; I decided to spend most of my time on the Fantasy Boards debating and voting on legislation instead.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 05:14:06 PM »

I don't care anymore

Why thank you Andrew

No comment

I disappointed at your lack of enthusiasm for my vote. You could've gotten 11th...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 05:16:29 PM »

I realize I didn't campaign much; I decided to spend most of my time on the Fantasy Boards debating and voting on legislation instead.

I also realize that that is a very important vote-winning activity.  But its also only half the fun of this game.  The more important half (to me) is the one that Naso was doing a lot of.  If not doing it well, simply doing it at all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 05:19:28 PM »

It was either that or an ugly rant. I'm not very well at the moment and I'm just sick at how unfun, unfunny and downright corrupt this place has become.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know that (and thank you for it). I don't have a problem as such with your reason for voting for Mike. I have a problem with a lot of other stuff to do with him and his supporters.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 05:21:17 PM »

I disappointed at your lack of enthusiasm for my vote. You could've gotten 11th...

Quit being a viper please
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 05:22:41 PM »

I think someone needs to call the whaaaaaambulance.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 05:24:04 PM »

Thank you for poisoning the atmosphere
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 05:24:59 PM »

Thank you for poisoning the atmosphere

The atmosphere was poisoned long before I was here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 05:26:49 PM »

Verbally abusing people isn't going to help matters though is it?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies