...and now the Schoolcraft County GOP Committee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:46:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ...and now the Schoolcraft County GOP Committee
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ...and now the Schoolcraft County GOP Committee  (Read 2461 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »

http://schoolcraftrepublican.info/end-of-the-gop/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Michigan GOP is spiraling out of control right now.  We now have a county committee posting a blog post saying that homosexuals should be purged from the party... goodness.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:23:38 PM »

Damn, that appears to be one slightly deranged Republican branch.

http://schoolcraftrepublican.info/stacy-swimp-are-homosexuals-untouchables/
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »

He's not from Schoolcraft.  He's a conservative Internet guy, I think from South Carolina.  But he comes to Michigan a lot.  He drives me nuts, because he's one of those, "Conservatives are the only pro-Americans.  If you don't believe in my dream for America, you're anti-American" types.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 03:35:58 PM »

That's your party, Inks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

No.  That's a sect of it.  A sect that I completely disagree with.  I'll be going out full force tomorrow denouncing the group and trying to draw some attention to it.  (I'd do it today, but it's Easter, and trying to draw public attention to this on Easter will only end with me losing - nobody's paying attention to politics on Easter).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »

The phrase "...and now" is copyrighted for exclusive use in instances when someone endorses gay marriage.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »

Evil people.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »

The phrase "...and now" is copyrighted for exclusive use in instances when someone endorses gay marriage.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171250.0
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2013, 04:03:07 PM by Torie »

No, ahole, your God wimped out on the AIDS thing, and left too many of us alive, and now it no longer kills to boot. Maybe just maybe HE does not hate us as much as you do.  Is that at all possible ahole? And what is the relevance of the percentage thing again by the way?  What percentage does one need to get up to, to "justify" stop being discriminated against? Just asking ahole.

It is a schadenfreude moment for me savoring these people freaking out. I admit it! Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »

Damn! Sad
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 04:07:36 PM »

At least the thread title makes it clear that the person or group in question is anti SSM
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »

This is mainstream Republican thought. Why is anybody surprised? It is those in the party who would disagree with these statements who are in the minority.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

This is mainstream Republican thought. Why is anybody surprised? It is those in the party who would disagree with these statements who are in the minority.

Do you believe "They must prey on our children to increase their numbers" is representative of mainstream Republican thought? Perhaps in some parts of the south and midwest, maybe, but not overall.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 06:54:04 PM »

Do you believe "They must prey on our children to increase their numbers" is representative of mainstream Republican thought? Perhaps in some parts of the south and midwest, maybe, but not overall.
Not in the country clubs of New Jersey perhaps. But in the places where most Republicans live (South and Midwest, as you point out), yes, this is the predominent line of thinking. It is part of a Carefully Taught victimology that is pervasive amongst the Christian Nationalist party faithful. Like it or not that is the force that drives the Republican Party in places where it is dominent. Without that, there's no reason for non-elite people to be Republicans.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »

And Republican performance in the "represents my values" poll question takes the 76th consecutive hit this week.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

No, ahole, your God wimped out on the AIDS thing, and left too many of us alive, and now it no longer kills to boot. Maybe just maybe HE does not hate us as much as you do.  Is that at all possible ahole? And what is the relevance of the percentage thing again by the way?  What percentage does one need to get up to, to "justify" stop being discriminated against? Just asking ahole.

It is a schadenfreude moment for me savoring these people freaking out. I admit it! Tongue

Time to change your avatar, and your party, Torie! Why stick with people who hate you, even if it means extra money in your bank account?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 08:41:47 PM »

I am not slightly right of center on economic issues for net worth purposes. I have far more than I will ever need. I know how to make money. And it is not all about me. Having said that, given the circumstances, I will be less tolerant of Pub politicians who are ignorant and intolerant on this issue than I used to be. It is one thing to try to balance religious rights, with gay rights, in some good faith manner, even if one may get the balance wrong perhaps imo, like Muon2. It is quite another to be a hater, and a bigot, and simply not care about gay rights, because they wish we were all dead or something, or back in the closet, because they loath us as human beings, wired the way we are for reasons unknown, but it is the way we are. That's just cruel!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »

I prefer my more creative uses of "....and now X supports Y":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170381.msg3668809#msg3668809
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

Not in the country clubs of New Jersey perhaps. But in the places where most Republicans live (South and Midwest, as you point out), yes, this is the predominent line of thinking. It is part of a Carefully Taught victimology that is pervasive amongst the Christian Nationalist party faithful. Like it or not that is the force that drives the Republican Party in places where it is dominent. Without that, there's no reason for non-elite people to be Republicans.

Honestly, there are loads of reasons for middle class and lower class people to vote Republican even if they aren't passionately hateful of gay people. I'm not saying they're better reasons than that, but we're not the main show, except occasionally. Also, I do recognize gradations of antipathy from "I don't care about those people" to "I don't want those people around me" to "Those people are out to get me and my kids."

BTW, I don't live in NJ (grew up there), and the Rs I know there are more likely to be middle class and working class than country clubbers.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »

You're forgetting that the South has the most Republicans of any region of the country at this point. This is as mainstream as it gets. Those who pull the purse strings (Koch and Co.) probably don't view gays this way, but the junior partners in the coalition certainly do. The plutocratic wing of the GOP is desperately trying to make the populist wing of the party shut up about these issues and let them keep making money but the populist wing won't have it, if insane rantings like these have anything to say about it.

And yes, without a doubt, majority Republican opinion is this kind of thought. That's what it means to be a Republican in 2013 - to be a bully attacking anyone you don't like and acting like a 14 year old on the national stage when you don't get your way.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »

TIL we are less than 1% of the population and prey on children.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:56 AM »

You're forgetting that the South has the most Republicans of any region of the country at this point.

That may be, but they got to that dominance on the backs of transplants from the north and midwest, who are solid Republican but not always comfortable with this tone or approach.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 09:31:08 AM »

You're forgetting that the South has the most Republicans of any region of the country at this point.

That may be, but they got to that dominance on the backs of transplants from the north and midwest, who are solid Republican but not always comfortable with this tone or approach.

No they didn't. The majority of Southern Republicans today are (A) former Southern Democrats or (B) the children of Southern Democrats.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 10:13:29 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2013, 10:17:13 AM by Gravis Marketing »

No they didn't. The majority of Southern Republicans today are (A) former Southern Democrats or (B) the children of Southern Democrats.

I chose my words carefully there and did not say a majority. The native Southerners may be a majority of the current Republican coalition since so many switched over in the last 20 years and especially the last 12, but the northerners are an essential part of the coalition and the original seed, aside from ancient anachronisms like east TN. Look at how many Republican elected officials from the south were born in the north. Like George H.W. Bush, Newt Gingrich, Dick Armey, Paul Coverdale, John Linder, Bob Barr... that is changing as native-born southerners have risen in the ranks of the GOP, but northerners continue to make up a large share of the voters in the growth states (as opposed to AL, MS, LA, AR.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 10:17:47 AM »

What TNF said is perhaps more apropos for KY, where he's from, and which is a demographically stagnant state.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies