North Korea declares War on South Korea
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:14:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  North Korea declares War on South Korea
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: North Korea declares War on South Korea  (Read 14024 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »

Just because North Korea can inflict serious damage on South Korea does not mean that it is a very good idea for North Korea's self interests.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2013, 04:12:42 AM »

Anyone who is scared of NK should get help. because we are talking about a tiny POS island where people eat each other vs The USA where we could turn NK into a china house buffet.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »

Anyone who is scared of NK should get help. because we are talking about a tiny POS island where people eat each other vs The USA where we could turn NK into a china house buffet.

North Korea isn't tiny, isn't an island and does not practice cannibalism.

Also, it is now Tuesday in Korea and no missile test.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »

I always thought the 25th was a likelier day for a test as that is Military Foundation Day. In any case I don't see the DPRK starting to downratchet the tension until after then,
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34:14 PM »

I always thought the 25th was a likelier day for a test as that is Military Foundation Day. In any case I don't see the DPRK starting to downratchet the tension until after then,

Speaking of North Korean Holidays, today is the 100th Birthday of the Eternal President of the Republic!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »

Speaking of North Korean Holidays, today is the 100th Birthday of the Eternal President of the Republic!
101st. Kinda boring milestone compared to last years celebration.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »

101st. Kinda boring milestone compared to last years celebration.

Bacon King cannot into counting
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2013, 08:26:37 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

From North Korea? Seriously?  If they did that for some idiotic half-baked attempt at political correctness, couldn't they have just used Korea?  Or were they trying to exclude Koreans from East Korea?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »

Not sure if their "aim" is good...
Benj

« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42:14 PM »

From North Korea? Seriously?  If they did that for some idiotic half-baked attempt at political correctness, couldn't they have just used Korea?  Or were they trying to exclude Koreans from East Korea?

More likely it's just stupidity, but they might be trying to include North Korean defectors/refugees, who would be interesting to hear from.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »

I thought that was pretty amusing.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-moves-two-more-missile-launchers-report-035049930.html
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »

S. Korea to pull workers from joint industrial complex following blockade by Pyongyang

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/s-korea-says-it-will-withdraw-final-workers-from-joint-industrial-complex/2013/04/26/e5dade9e-ae61-11e2-8bf6-e70cb6ae066e_story.html
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »

More tests will take North Korea closer to nuclear missile, Pentagon says

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/03/world/asia/north-korea-pentagon-report/index.html
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2013, 09:36:03 AM »

North Korea calls US-South Korea summit a preparation for war

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/10/north-korea-calls-us-south-korea-summit-preparation-for-war-against-north/#ixzz2SttcSdbc
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

I think it's telling that nearly everyone has stopped paying attention to North Korea by now.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »

I think it's telling that nearly everyone has stopped paying attention to North Korea by now.

Until the next crisis. Quite frankly, I'd never paid any attention to North Korea's sabre rattling until the height of the most recent episode, because before that I'd never thought it to be serious enough to warrant any attention.

The problem is that these incidents are becoming progressively more serious, while North Korea's military capabilities are becoming progressively greater every year. Strategic patience and "calling their bluff" was supposed to eventually make them realize their bad behavior wasn't getting them anything, and quit it. But that isn't happening.

As noted above, the Pentagon readily admits that North Korea will eventually have the ability to deliver ICBMs. That means they'll be as much of a threat to the U.S. as the Soviet Union was during it's heydey.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »

As noted above, the Pentagon readily admits that North Korea will eventually have the ability to deliver ICBMs. That means they'll be as much of a threat to the U.S. as the Soviet Union was during it's heydey.

This is just silly.

All because North Korea could launch a couple ICBMS at a few areas on the West Coast doesn't put them on par with the USSR capable of launching thousands of missiles and completely destroying out America as we know it.

You're really being an alarmist on this whole North Korea issue.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »

This is just silly.

All because North Korea could launch a couple ICBMS at a few areas on the West Coast
You're really being an alarmist on this whole North Korea issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZV_lIwmz5E
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:15 PM »

This does nothing to validate your point. The threat posed by North Korea is not at all comparable to the threat posed by the USSR. That was an absurd comparison you made and it is factually wrong.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »

This does nothing to validate your point. The threat posed by North Korea is not at all comparable to the threat posed by the USSR. That was an absurd comparison you made and it is factually wrong.

LOL, how can a comparison be factually wrong when no facts were even asserted, except ones that haven't been disputed? I treat 10 million people on the West Coast being wiped out and 100 million people on all coasts being wiped out similarly. Both of them fall into the category of "worst possible scenario" to me.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »

LOL, how can a comparison be factually wrong when no facts were even asserted, except ones that haven't been disputed? I treat 10 million people on the West Coast being wiped out and 100 million people on all coasts being wiped out similarly. Both of them fall into the category of "worst possible scenario" to me.

You said that North Korea could be "as much of a threat" as the USSR. This is absurd. Do you really think the consequences of a massive 1,000+ missile strike on the USA by the USSR circa 1985 is "just as bad" as two or three strikes on the West Coast?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »

You said that North Korea could be "as much of a threat" as the USSR. This is absurd. Do you really think the consequences of a massive 1,000+ missile strike on the USA by the USSR circa 1985 is "just as bad" as two or three strikes on the West Coast?

I think they're both so unthinkably bad that arguing about which one is worse is missing the point by a mile. There's a limit to how, psychologically, utterly terrified a person can be, and the thought of Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles being wiped out already takes me to the limit. The addition of NYC, Chicago and Washington D.C. can't push me any further.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2013, 11:50:45 PM »

Having Seattle, SF and LA nuked would obviously suck huge ass, but it would be substantially less devestating than all out war with SU/Russia would be.  The former would be more like a really really bad 9-11, it's going to hurt, bad, but it wouldn't even be the end of those cities, much less the end of us.  The latter would put the human race in the ropes. 

I know conventional wisdom says that 3 nukes on the west coast means everybody west of Denver that was lucky enough to survive the blasts would no doubt be mutants or dead from radiation poison.  The facts are very different from that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies