Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:45:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78394 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »

So I guess nobody is surprised that Bushie has admitted that he was lying about the amount of walking he was doing? Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #726 on: April 21, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »

Bushie all this raving about God using you and the arguably blasphemous trying to speak for God doesn't even address the point. Why is this church planting operation going on in Kenya in the first place? I'd be willing to bet that Kenya has more churches per capita than the US. It strikes me as kind of patronizing to act as if they require white Americans to help them do so. If the problem is that the churches there don't have as much funding then American churches can donate money without sending over skillless people. The whole thing strikes me as pretty pointless, at least donating $30 a month to those kids is a good cause if you don't get this creepy idea that you are now their father. But the cost of sending you to Kenya could probably fund those orphans for about 4-5 years.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #727 on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »

bushie, has god ever told you to stop taking advantage of your (earthly) father?

im not going to lecture you for not having a job, as i think you are mentally unfit at the moment.  but you move back home...and immediately you take your dad's bedroom.  he is 60 and works 60 hours a week, while you cant get out from in front of the tv to even attempt to clean up the yard after a storm?

your dad is either way too kind or he is a pushover.  either way, you are taking advantage of him.

You shouldn't feel pity for his dad. As someone who knows Bushie and his family, I say that Bushie's parents got the son they deserve.

I do remember that Bushie's father is the one who advised him to "step out on a leap of faith" and take that "job" that was an obvious scam and could be confirmed in about 5 minutes on Google, so I'll agree here.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #728 on: April 21, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »

bushie, has god ever told you to stop taking advantage of your (earthly) father?

im not going to lecture you for not having a job, as i think you are mentally unfit at the moment.  but you move back home...and immediately you take your dad's bedroom.  he is 60 and works 60 hours a week, while you cant get out from in front of the tv to even attempt to clean up the yard after a storm?

your dad is either way too kind or he is a pushover.  either way, you are taking advantage of him.

You shouldn't feel pity for his dad. As someone who knows Bushie and his family, I say that Bushie's parents got the son they deserve.
More backstory please!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »

God can use anybody He wants where He wants.  He doesn't need anybody, He chooses to use filthy, dirty, rotten people to carry out His work.  In this case, He is choosing to use a fat, white man from Harrah, Oklahoma, the son of parents who do not have much money.  He is using a man who falls flat on his face daily, if not hourly.  He is using a man who is as stubborn and hard headed as a box of rocks.  Most importantly, though, He is using a man who is choosing to be used by Him.

Well written!  You really should become a preacher - being fat helps there.  You could collect a lot of money for 'missionary work'.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #730 on: April 21, 2013, 12:48:13 PM »

I for one think that Bushie should be applauded for traveling to the heart of darkness to take up the white man's burden.

Bushie is well indeed on his way to becoming Kurtz.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »

Nothing wrong with wanting to help people in Africa. He shouldn't be mocked for that. But he isn't exactly Medicins Sans Frontiers. We all have different skills and talents. I don't see how he could possibly believe that his current actions are the best way to help Africans. I would like to reopen speculation that the whole Update is a farce.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »

Nothing wrong with wanting to help people in Africa. He shouldn't be mocked for that. But he isn't exactly Medicins Sans Frontiers. We all have different skills and talents. I don't see how he could possibly believe that his current actions are the best way to help Africans. I would like to reopen speculation that the whole Update is a farce.

i think all of us would applaud him if he wanted to help africans with food, health care, clean drinking water etc...*without* trying to convert them to his religion.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #733 on: April 21, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »

i think all of us would applaud him if he wanted to help africans with food, health care, clean drinking water etc...*without* trying to convert them to his religion.
There's no need for a conversion. They're already Christians. He's acknowledged as much already.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #734 on: April 21, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »

I have no problem with him wanting to go to Africa. I have a problem with him now shielding himself with God to avoid any responsibilities and peddling this idea that he is a chosen one of god's. He is essentially saying his behavior is OK because God thinks he is still perfect. I don't remember anywhere in the Bible saying you can literally do whatever you want and still be perfect to god. By that logic, we are all going to heaven because no matter what any of us do, it's okay.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 04:13:01 PM by Even So, Come Lord Jesus! »

I have no problem with him wanting to go to Africa. I have a problem with him now shielding himself with God to avoid any responsibilities and peddling this idea that he is a chosen one of god's. He is essentially saying his behavior is OK because God thinks he is still perfect. I don't remember anywhere in the Bible saying you can literally do whatever you want and still be perfect to god. By that logic, we are all going to heaven because no matter what any of us do, it's okay.

Oh, God knows I sin and sin every day, if not every hour.  The Bible does say, however, that because of Christ's blood, I am looked at as righteous.  God calls me justified.  The word "justified" could mean "just as if I'd never sinned."  I'm far from perfect.  In fact, the Apostle Paul said that He was the chief of sinners.  I beg to differ with him.  I'm pretty high on the list of sinners, myself.  Anybody that has accepted Christ's sacrificial death on the cross and believes that He is the Son of God and confesses Jesus is Lord is also "justified".  Their sins, too, are completely forgiven, past, present, and future.  By His blood, I am made whole and by His blood, I am whiter than snow.  So, too, are all people who have accepted His sacrifice, believe that He is the Son of God, and have confessed that He is the Christ.

One of my favorite hymns starts out "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.  I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see."

I am not perfect, just forgiven.  Anybody that opens their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ, can be used by God to accomplish great things.  It could be as simple as carrying the groceries out to car for an elderly widow, or buying a round of groceries for a family in need, adopting a family struggling to give their kids a memorable Christmas, inviting someone over for Thanksgiving Dinner who wouldn't otherwise spend the Holiday with anyone, to going halfway across the world ministering to the orphans and the widows, to serving in the Armed Forces.  In fact, the Apostle James says that true religion is taking care of the orphans and the widows.  You can look it up, it is in the book of James two or three times, I believe.  The book is only 5 chapters long, but it mentions true religion at least twice, I think.

I do this not for selfish ambition or selfish motives, but I do this, because Christ has forgiven me of so much that the least I can do is show that love to someone else.

EDIT:  James 1:27 - "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."  I am still working on that last part.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »

Why are you waiting until Tuesday to start walking?

Be honest... did you ever actually start walking?  I think you lied.  I think you claimed you were walking, until I could prove that you weren't, and then you "stopped".  This is just like your diet.  You claimed you were losing weight, but then when we asked for proof, you started making excuses and eventually admit that you lied.

So, tell us, did you lie about walking?  Because it seems to fit the pattern of your usual lies.

I actually did walk a couple of the days.  I didn't walk for very long, but I did walk.  I will admit I did not walk as long as I said I did, but I did get outside and walk just a bit.  I took one lap around the 2 acres and called it a day.

So I was right... another lie.  Not only did you not walk a mile, but assuming two one-square-acre plots side by side, you didn't even walk a quarter of a mile.

How can you claim you're ready to do God's work in Kenya when you're still compulsively lying about such insignificant things here in America?

Do you really think your lying will stop in Kenya?  I doubt it.  And at that point, you're putting not just yourself in jeopardy, but innocent orphans and the entire orphanage.  Who knows what kind of trouble your lies will get them in.  Jeff, you need help.  By not seeking the help you need and going to Kenya, you are being incredibly selfish.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #737 on: April 21, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

Be honest... did you ever actually start walking?  I think you lied.  I think you claimed you were walking, until I could prove that you weren't, and then you "stopped".  This is just like your diet.  You claimed you were losing weight, but then when we asked for proof, you started making excuses and eventually admit that you lied.

So, tell us, did you lie about walking?  Because it seems to fit the pattern of your usual lies.

I actually did walk a couple of the days.  I didn't walk for very long, but I did walk.  I will admit I did not walk as long as I said I did, but I did get outside and walk just a bit.  I took one lap around the 2 acres and called it a day.

So I was right... another lie.  Not only did you not walk a mile, but assuming two square acres side by side, you didn't even walk a quarter of a mile.

How can you claim you're ready to do God's work in Kenya when you're still compulsively lying about such insignificant things here in America?

Do you really think your lying will stop in Kenya?  I doubt it.  And at that point, you're putting not just yourself in jeopardy, but innocent orphans and the entire orphanage.  Who knows what kind of trouble your lies will get them in.  Jeff, you need help.  By not seeking the help you need and going to Kenya, you are being incredibly selfish.

Would you please stop harassing me and misconstruing my intent.  You are the one being selfish by going on a witch hunt for any kind of lie you can find and then calling me a horrible person because of it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #738 on: April 21, 2013, 05:15:03 PM »

So I was right... another lie.  Not only did you not walk a mile, but assuming two square acres side by side, you didn't even walk a quarter of a mile.

Would you please stop harassing me and misconstruing my intent.  You are the one being selfish by going on a witch hunt for any kind of lie you can find and then calling me a horrible person because of it.

So then don't lie, chief.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #739 on: April 21, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »

I'm not harassing you.  You said you walked a mile.  You actually only walked less than .25 miles.  So around 75% of what you said was a lie.  I merely pointed that out.  If you don't like it, you can stop posting in the Update thread.  Or you can stop lying.  The ball's in your court.  But I'm not going to stop pointing out when you lie.  Eventually somebody other than yourself will be hurt by your lies.  I think you're getting defensive because you know I'm right.  Why do you feel the urge to lie so much?

You've already admitted you're probably bi-polar.  You compulsively lie.  Nowhere did I mention your intent.  I'm not misconstruing anything.  But a bi-polar compulsive liar does need some form of psychiatric help.  The fact that you continue lying time after time proves that you cannot manage your condition(s) on your own.  And those with psychological/psychiatric conditions who cannot manage them on their own need to seek professional help.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #740 on: April 21, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »

if at age 30 you cant walk a quarter of a mile without getting worn out, that is a very bad sign.

i am no athlete myself...but a quarter of a mile?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »

if at age 30 you cant walk a quarter of a mile without getting worn out, that is a very bad sign.

It's part of god's plan, Walter.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #742 on: April 21, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that Kenya has more churches per capita than the US.

Maybe they're the "wrong" denomination?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #743 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »

....that's like two blocks in Minneapolis. Holy sh!t. Geez, I just walked twice that just walking back from church just now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #744 on: April 21, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »

Geez, even at my hungover-eating-peanut-butter-straight-from-the-jar-in-the-nude-with-no-job-after-waking-up-at-2pm-on-a-Wednesday worst I can't say my health was as poor as an average day for Bushie.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #745 on: April 21, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

....that's like two blocks in Minneapolis. Holy sh!t. Geez, I just walked twice that just walking back from church just now.
Try it carrying enough stuff so that you weigh 270 lbs. Won't be so easy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #746 on: April 21, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

Try it carrying enough stuff so that you weigh 270 lbs. Won't be so easy.

Not the same though, he'd still be in shape enough to carry that around for awhile. Granted he would get tired out faster then he normally was but his muscle isn't atrophied where he couldn't at least do a good deal of work with the same weight.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #747 on: April 21, 2013, 07:58:53 PM »

Yeah I can see myself putting enough weights in a backpack to equal 270 lbs. and still be able to walk a half mile, much less a quarter mile. And I'm sure there's plenty of professional football players who weigh over 270 lbs, even if it's mostly muscle instead. So really that just kind of underscores the point of how badly Bushie is even more.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #748 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:19 PM »

Yeah I can see myself putting enough weights in a backpack to equal 270 lbs. and still be able to walk a half mile, much less a quarter mile. And I'm sure there's plenty of professional football players who weigh over 270 lbs, even if it's mostly muscle instead. So really that just kind of underscores the point of how badly Bushie is even more.

I don't think he's as bad off as he claims; I think he does some of this for attention.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #749 on: April 21, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »

Exactly, above all else Bushie its a health issue, if you have trouble with it you should be very worried, its serious.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies