Office of Mideast Assemblyman LumineVonReuental - Reelection Campaign HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:04:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Assemblyman LumineVonReuental - Reelection Campaign HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ¿How do you stand on the Keeping the Voting Booths Clean Act?
I support the Original Act.
I support Assemblyman Talleyrand's Amendment.
I oppose both the Act and the Amendment.
Undecided.
Not a Mideast Citizen.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Office of Mideast Assemblyman LumineVonReuental - Reelection Campaign HQ  (Read 2326 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »
« edited: April 30, 2013, 12:26:58 PM by LumineVonReuental »

Good evening, my fellow Atlasian Citizens!

During the eight months I've been on this forum, I've had the chance to witness the fascinating political process of Atlasia, a nation which I deeply admire. Seeing the current state of the race for the Mideast Assembly made me realize that I have the interest to try and be more involved in the political process, and that's why I come before you as an independent candidate for the Mideast Assembly.

I am a young man who believes that being both pragmatic and reasonable is the key to being a good public servant, and is in those terms that I want to serve the Mideast. However, I also think that there are ideas and beliefs that should not be changed or abandoned for mere political gain, and I'll try very hard to link my views with the concerns of the citizens of the Mideast, trying to be in good terms with all the parties and sides involved.

In short, I will try to establish a balance that does not act against the liberty of the people, but that at the same time ensures that the rules of our society are respected. I would also like to refer to my condition of independent: I am aware that in most of my votes I have supported Federalist candidates, and I will admit that I feel closer to said party. However, I feel that being an independent (at least for the time being) will prevent my involvement in partisan fights, thus helping me to collaborate with the main four parties in the region.

I hope that the race will be both entertaining and policy focused, and I sincerely hope to get your preference, in whatever place that is. I would like to think that this humble introduction is the correct way to start my campaign, so there's only one thing left to say: let's get this campaign started!

LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN), Candidate for Mideast Assembly.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2013, 05:45:04 PM by LumineVonReuental »

Oh, before I forget: I plan on discussing and releasing my ideas in full detail later, but I'll give you a brief outline of my ideas and beliefs:

Outline:

Social Policy: I see myself as “pro-life”, and I'll try to preserve life as long as it's possible. I oppose the death penalty, and I believe abortion should not be legal, unless it's a case of rape, incest, or danger to the mother's life. I support LGBT rights, since everybody is entitled to the same rights, and it would be unfair to deny marriage to same-sex couples.

Economic Policy: I believe that the free market creates growth and pushes the economy forward, but it's necessary for the economy that the state has a role assisting and promoting said growth, making sure that the market does not get out of control. I believe in being responsible with spending, and avoiding debts and deficits should be a top priority when discussing a budget.

Environmental Policy: I have always supported the environment above all, and I always will. Some people prefer to put the economic concerns above all, but it is my belief that the economy itself would not exist without a clean country, and I will fight for more awareness on that issue.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »

Fully endorsed! Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »

Thank you very much, Governor, I really appreciate it!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »

I will look at the field, but right now, you seem like you will be running a strong and active candidacy, and I might endorse when the field clears up.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »

I will look at the field, but right now, you seem like you will be running a strong and active candidacy, and I might endorse when the field clears up.

Thank you! I'll make my best effort to run a different kind of campaign.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »

Endorsed for first or second preference.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »

Seems pretty cool. You should definitely be getting in my top preferences in the election, dawg.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »

Seems pretty cool. You should definitely be getting in my top preferences in the election, dawg.

My most sincere thanks, Cathcon and JCL!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 03:55:21 AM »

You have my endorsement. It will be great to work with you in the Assembly (assuming we're both elected, which is far from certain, but we're optimistic, aren't we?)!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »

You have my endorsement. It will be great to work with you in the Assembly (assuming we're both elected, which is far from certain, but we're optimistic, aren't we?)!

Yes we are, sir! I'm also looking foward to work with you in the Assembly, thank you for the endorsement!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »

Seven candidates, nine campaign days, five offices to fill.

As the elections draw near, I would like to take the time to explain some my plans for campaigning and how I plan to work with the Assembly. My most sincere apologies if I sound way too self-important and arrogant with this, but I wanted to see if I could write a speech which could be somewhat convincing.

Campaign Plans:

Thankfully, these are times of prosperity for the Mideast, and one of the advantages of prosperity is that we have the time to look at the past and the present, so we can learn more about things we take for granted. Now, I was very confused (and I think I still am) about the inner mechanisms of Atlasia, but observing the last Federal and Regional Elections I managed to obtain several interesting lessons. Turnout is the key to victory, and there are several tactics used to get out the vote: Personal connections, name recognition, and personal messages. As you know, I lack those first two, so that would leave me with personal messaging as the main vehicle to spread my message. Now, some argue that those messages disturb the voters (a position explained very well by the The Committee for Being Left the Hell Alone), and others argue that they give information that helps the voter to decide.

After some thinking, I decided not to support that practice. Why? Because I think that voters have the duty to search for the required information, and the candidates have the obligation to give that information in the most transparent way possible, even the ones who have a great and distinguished career in Atlasia. I'm putting a lot of emphasis on that point because I believe it represents the way I want to campaign and the way I want to work: By giving speeches that represent what I think, by talking to the voters, and hearing their opinions. I plan on discussing the Assembly Proposals with the voters, so as to have a realistic idea about what things they support and what do they want to stand up for. I really don't have any problems with the work the Assembly is doing right now (most of my opponents are incumbents, and they are formidable candidates), but I'd like to think that there are ways to improve this by having more engaged voters.

I'll end this speech by paraphrasing an impressive alternate timeline from another site: “Fear, Loathing and Gumbo on the Campaign Trail '72”. Governor John Julian McKeithen was the politician the author (Drew, also author of Rumsfeldia) chose to start what began as a humble and small political bid managing to get fantastic results. How did he achieve that? Well, he had a very convincing phrase to mobilize the turnout: “Won't you help me?” And that is the real purpose of this speech: encourage voters to ask, to search, to intervene and to be participative in the same way that the candidates and elected officers are.

PS: Comments? Suggestions? Ad hominem arguments? Death threats?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »

Campaign Statement:

Well, I would like to thank the Federalist Party (and the John Engle Party) for their endorsement, since I feel it gives a renewed strength to my campaign. Now that the election has begun, I'm quite optimistic about my chances, despite the lack of GOTV efforts. The election will be close, but even if I lose I'm confident of remaining in Atlasian Politics for a very long time.

So, with nothing else to say, here we go!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »

You have my full support for one of the spots in the Mideast Assembly. Best of luck! Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 09:28:46 PM »

You have my full support for one of the spots in the Mideast Assembly. Best of luck! Smiley

I think I'll definitely need some luck, thank you very much!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 09:34:04 PM »

Good luck man. Its tough winning as an Indy, so if you do that is very impressive!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »

Good luck man. Its tough winning as an Indy, so if you do that is very impressive!

Thanks! The results haven't been encouraging so far, but the election is just beginning, so I think I can pull it off.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »

Kick some butt bro.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »

Mideast Assembly, here we go!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »

Congratulations!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »

Thanks! The results haven't been encouraging so far, but the election is just beginning, so I think I can pull it off.

Heh, congrats. You were right. You definitely deserve credit for running a great campaign. Make the Mideast proud! Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »

Thank you! I think I'll start writing a victory speech right now...

Heh, congrats. You were right. You definitely deserve credit for running a great campaign. Make the Mideast proud! Smiley

Thanks! I sincerely hope that I will be able to do that!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »

Congratulations!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »

Thank you, Senator, congratulations to you on your victory!

Congrats!  I was hoping you'd win.  Smiley

Thank you very much! It's a shame you couldn't participate in this election, things would have been even more interesting...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »

Campaign Headquarters - Victory Speech:

Well, thank you, thank you very much!

Why, I must say I'm still a little bit shocked; I felt rather pessimistic during some parts of the election (I had no political machine behind me, and I decided not to send PM’s), but in the end it looks like I managed to prevail as an independent, something that makes me very proud. Still, it feels strange to have won in my first attempt at a campaign, especially when candidates more experienced than me have lost in the past, and I couldn't feel more happy and grateful about the whole experience. Now, I really don't want to make a long and boring speech about this, but I want to take the time to say some things:

First, I have to give my most sincere thanks to the people who voted for me (in any preference) and the people who took the time to read my platform. I would also like to thank Governor Wolfentoad, Governor Tmthforu and Assemblyman Zuwo: the first one for introducing me to Atlasia (and giving me some very useful advice), the second one for encouraging me to run for office, and the third one for showing me some very interesting things about politics here. Second, I also feel I should thank my opponents: the ones who made it and the ones who got close: it was a real privilege to have them on the race, and I'm certain that the hour for them will come very quickly.

It won't be long until I take office as an Assemblyman (a very lucky one, I must say), and I hope I will be able to have a good relationship with my colleagues in the Assembly and with the citizens of the Mideast. I want to push pragmatism and cooperation forward, and, just as Senator Napoleon pointed out:  I wish to make the Mideast proud!

Thank you very much!

LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN), Mideast Assemblyman-elected.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies