battleground states in 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  battleground states in 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: battleground states in 2020?  (Read 15663 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: February 19, 2005, 12:44:19 PM »

Pennsylvania is a Democrat-leaning swing state. It will probably remain a swing state for a long time to come...swing away from the Dems slightly? Possible. But a Republican state? Very unlikely.

I'm most worried about Piitsburgh metro sliding for us.  Philly area is trending Dem, but possibly not enough to offset Pittsburgh.  Wait and see!

Yep. Southwest PA continues to trend Republican....but as can be seen from the 2004 election, Southeast PA still holds more weight. I don't see that changing any time soon as Pittsburgh is losing population and the Philly suburbs are booming.

Actually, the Philadelphia area is losing population.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »

Pennsylvania is a Democrat-leaning swing state. It will probably remain a swing state for a long time to come...swing away from the Dems slightly? Possible. But a Republican state? Very unlikely.

I'm most worried about Piitsburgh metro sliding for us.  Philly area is trending Dem, but possibly not enough to offset Pittsburgh.  Wait and see!

Yep. Southwest PA continues to trend Republican....but as can be seen from the 2004 election, Southeast PA still holds more weight. I don't see that changing any time soon as Pittsburgh is losing population and the Philly suburbs are booming.

Just the city is losing population. Bot those Democrats are moving somewhere. The Philadelphia suburbs!

Wrong. New Jersey is the real hotspot for people leaving the city.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 06:10:02 PM »

Just the city is losing population. Bot those Democrats are moving somewhere. The Philadelphia suburbs!

Not entirely true.  Why do you think Montco GOPers are getting pissed over new developments?  Dem registration out there has skyrocketed in 2004.

I'm not denying that Montco is receiving a lot of former Philadelphia residents but NJ is also getting a good amount.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 10:49:20 PM »

See, you are the king of straw-man arguments. Are some moving to NJ? Of course. Many are also moving into the Philly burbs which is part of the reason both counties are moving left. I know it's hard for you to face reality, but thats the truth.

Hard for me to face reality? It's reality that PA will likely lose a Congressional district in 2010 and it's reality that the district will probably be in the SE PA area. People are leaving the state in this area. Many retirees from Northeast Philadelphia are moving to the Jersey shore. I don't need you to tell me what's the truth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 01:22:37 AM »

See, you are the king of straw-man arguments. Are some moving to NJ? Of course. Many are also moving into the Philly burbs which is part of the reason both counties are moving left. I know it's hard for you to face reality, but thats the truth.

Hard for me to face reality? It's reality that PA will likely lose a Congressional district in 2010 and it's reality that the district will probably be in the SE PA area. People are leaving the state in this area. Many retirees from Northeast Philadelphia are moving to the Jersey shore. I don't need you to tell me what's the truth.

OMG you are clueless. Look at the census data!! Philly is losing population. Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Northampton are all booming!

Those counties booming means NJ isn't? You are clueless, pal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 02:39:30 AM »

OMG you are clueless. Look at the census data!! Philly is losing population. Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Northampton are all booming!

You say they're not, everybody is moving to NJ.

Maybe you're just an idiot...

Here's what I said earlier:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah you're just dumb.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 01:00:21 PM »

You say they're not, everybody is moving to NJ.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So you twisted around what I said too.

What the f**ck are we arguing over? This is why you're annoying. We agree on something but you just argue for the sake of arguing. Can't you g just leave what I said without twisting it around and putting up some anti-danwxman argument just for the sake of it? Christ man, it's annoying.

Hahaha! This is why I'm annoying. I love when people are wrong and twist my words. You, my friend, twisted my words. Don't act like the pathetic victim. You're already pathetic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 07:26:46 PM »

Ok point out where I said they weren't. What I stated was that both the burbs and NJ are booming. I just thought more people were leaving the state from the SE  area than the SW.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies