Senatorial Candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:07:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senatorial Candidates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Senatorial Candidates  (Read 6152 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2004, 11:55:16 AM »
« edited: April 06, 2004, 10:03:53 AM by JohnFKennedy »

I have assumed which seat a few of you are running for, but each person has been put in the region or district respective to their region or district in the map which is on DemRepDan's constitution.

No JCP candidates have been included, for one none of them can legally run as far as I know and we aren't letting them I think.

If you have any disagreements with this please respond and I will change it to fit, bear in mind, I have listed those who have declared candidacies and if because if this apparent "deal" between the Democrats and Progressives some of you aren't running, let the forum know and I will remove you from the lists.

WildCard hasn't been included as I saw he had withdrawn from the race, if those of you who already hold positions are going to run, you are going to need to resign from your current positions.

North-East Region:

Migrendel (D-MA)
Justin (R-NH)
Shapeshifter?Huh? (P-NY)

South-East Region:

StatesRights (R-FL)
Beet (D-MD)

Mid-West Region:

Reaganfan (R-OH)
Hughento (D-IA)

South-West Region:

Harry (D-MS)

West Region:

JohnFKennedy (D-CA)
Apostle??? (JCP-WA)

District 1:

MAS117 (D-NJ) (possibly)

District 2:

Emsworth (P-MA)
YoungRepub (R-NY)

District 3:

DemrepDan (D-IL)
Beef (I-WI)

District 4:

Lewis Trondheim (P-OR)

District 5:

DukeFan (R-VA)

*EDIT*

REGIONS AND DISTRICTS USED HERE WILL NOT BE THE ONES USED LATER ON AS THEY WERE REJECTED.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 12:38:18 PM »

first of all i not not a candidate for the senate yet, i have not announceed my intentions.. and arent i in district 2
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 12:45:03 PM »

first of all i not not a candidate for the senate yet, i have not announceed my intentions.. and arent i in district 2

According to the Constitution- I assume that is what we are going by- New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Ohio are District 1.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 12:46:59 PM »

Sorry, you only said you were considering running.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 12:47:51 PM »

According to the Constitution- I assume that is what we are going by- New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Ohio are District 1.

JLD is right, on the map in the constitution New Jersey is District 1.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 12:47:59 PM »

i didnt know that my bad
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 02:15:51 PM »

I though we weren't using the map in the Constitution, but rather the map we voted for in the Amendments thread.  Under this map, NJ and VA are in the same District.

Also, the populations of the maps have not been evened out according to the latest census.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 02:34:06 PM »

I though we weren't using the map in the Constitution, but rather the map we voted for in the Amendments thread.  Under this map, NJ and VA are in the same District.

Also, the populations of the maps have not been evened out according to the latest census.

There are about 10 different maps in that thread, I have no clue which is the actual right one lol.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 03:45:17 PM »

There are about 10 different maps in that thread, I have no clue which is the actual right one lol.

Look at the FINAL DISTRICTS AND REGIONS thread.  I think it only has one maps for the regions, and one for the districts.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 03:46:23 PM »

Look at the FINAL DISTRICTS AND REGIONS thread.  I think it only has one maps for the regions, and one for the districts.

I did look at it, there are tons of them there.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 03:51:36 PM »

You're right!..I forgot.

The maps posted by Dunn and Lewis are identical.  Those are the ones that passed in the Amendments thread.
dunn

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 03:53:10 PM »

true
there was some color problem/ It's two maps,  districts and  regions
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 03:54:15 PM »

true
there was some color problem/ It's two maps,  districts and  regions

could you stick the actual ones up in here and I will modify it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 05:06:49 PM »

Redo the list with the right districts.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 05:08:04 PM »

That district in dunn's post can't be right, it is supposed to be balanced, there are 20 frickin people in one of the districts and 8 in another.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 06:19:26 PM »

The maps were voted on when the membership situation was very different...

We are meant to have 1--state regions and equakl-member districts, whatever the maps.

I think we need to get this resolved-now.
dunn

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 06:41:36 PM »

The maps were voted on when the membership situation was very different...

We are meant to have 1--state regions and equakl-member districts, whatever the maps.

I think we need to get this resolved-now.
the maps were voted on few days ago with ONE new registered voter since. I sat it again I personally don't like the regions/districts but that was the call a couple of days ago. We can go on like that forever

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 06:42:31 PM »

when people voted at the ratification, they didnt actually know what they were voting for-the maps weren't there!
dunn

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 06:46:31 PM »

when people voted at the ratification, they didnt actually know what they were voting for-the maps weren't there!

It like saying they didn't know ehat is PV. and the explanation was there.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 06:53:44 PM »

The choice in question was (emphasis added):

c) Regions plan E and Districts plan D from the Regions Vote thread

If the voter did not care to check the regions vote thread, then its not the fault of the individual setting up the vote.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2004, 06:58:53 PM »

If the voter did not care to check the regions vote thread, then its not the fault of the individual setting up the vote.

What exactly is Regions plan E and District plan D???

Is that the same from the website of the constituion?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 07:52:11 PM »

Check Topic: REGIONS VOTE.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 09:23:38 AM »

that is regions, we never voted on the districts and that is what is seriously wrong.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2004, 09:57:15 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 09:59:56 AM by Emsworth »

that is regions, we never voted on the districts and that is what is seriously wrong.
Not true. The distinction between the two came just as the vote was being established. Plan D, which won, was perfectly balanced at the time of the election (nineteen to twenty-one residents in each). We cannot now change it on the basis of a population change. If so, then every time a new voter registers, a change would be necessitated. Plan D, I think, must be used for the midterm elections, since it was valid at the time of creation. The new Senate can then appropriately redraw the boundaries. The map has no basis whatsoever - 10 states per region or anything else - in terms of being a regional map.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2004, 10:15:03 AM »

Not true. The distinction between the two came just as the vote was being established. Plan D, which won, was perfectly balanced at the time of the election (nineteen to twenty-one residents in each). We cannot now change it on the basis of a population change. If so, then every time a new voter registers, a change would be necessitated. Plan D, I think, must be used for the midterm elections, since it was valid at the time of creation. The new Senate can then appropriately redraw the boundaries. The map has no basis whatsoever - 10 states per region or anything else - in terms of being a regional map.

Ok, I concede I was wrong there, but the districts are seriously unbalanced, I don't think we should have voted on districts because it should be balanced.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies