2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:52:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: 2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run  (Read 31206 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:29 AM »
« edited: March 21, 2013, 07:45:01 AM by dudeabides »

Really enjoying this TL, thought it is just a bit Republican-heavy Tongue

Thank You for the feedback, I will take everything into consideration in the future, I plan on continuing this TL until election day 2020.

October 14 - Jindal, Edwards participate in Vice Presidential Debate

Vice President Bobby Jindal and Former Congressman Chet Edwards participated in a vice presidential debate. Jindal, seeking to portray the Giuliani administration as reform-minded and decisive, stated that "The choice in this election is between the right direction and untested leadership. This administration's policies of reducing taxes, repealing regulations, finding market-based health care solutions, and support for free trade has resulted in 6.8 million new jobs, increased home ownership, a reduction in health care costs rising, and $3.5 trillion slashed from the national debt. At the same time, we have disarmed the old Iranian regime and brought our troops home from Afghanistan. Senator Kerry has opposed these policies, and he has contradicted himself on a host of issues. John Kerry has been an indecisive senator, he would not be a decisive leader as President." Chet Edwards, trying to make the argument that a Kerry-Edwards administration would be better for middle and lower income Americans, stated that "This administration has slashed health care programs, opposed raising the minimum wage, and has passed tax cuts that primarily benefit the top income earners amongst us. John Kerry and I will raise the minimum wage, restore the cuts in health care, fight to make sure worker's continue to be able to be secure in their union memberships, and we'll reform medicare, medicaid, and social security without privatization which benefits the wealthiest amongst us."

ABC Who won the Vice Presidential Debate?
Bobby Jindal 45%
Chet Edwards 42%

October 21, 2016 - Giuliani, Kerry debate foreign policy

President Rudy Giuliani and Senator John Kerry debated foreign policy and national security issues during their second presidential debate. Defending his decision to go to war against the Iranian regime and his Afghanistan exit strategy, President Giuliani stated that "Our administration has done everything possible to protect the American people and have a foreign policy based on the best interests of our country. We disarmed a dangerous, and evil regime which posed a threat to the entire free world. We have continued to have an overseas presence where necessary, but we've also ended the war in Afghanistan. We've built alliances, even negotiating a new free trade agreement with Israel. Here at home, we've begun to secure our border and have used the Patriot Act to our advantage. In a second term, I'll continue to protect the American people with every tool possible so our country can remain safe and the world more free." Senator Kerry was critical of the Giuliani foreign policy and homeland security policies, and advocated for his own foreign policy, stating that "This administration rushed Americans into war, a war they wanted, not a war which was necessary. As President, I'll be focused on ending the war in Iran, fighting the enemies of America, strengthening our alliances, and repealing the Patriot Act so we can protect the American people with legal tools, law enforcement had the tools needed to protect Americans before the Patriot Act, they were not utilizing those tools which is what I'll have them do as President. The Patriot Act is not good for American's civil liberties, I'll be a President who protects America, but who also believes in our constitution."

Fox News Poll who won the second debate?
Rudy Giuliani 51%
John Kerry 39%

October 28, 2016 - In final debate, Giuliani and Kerry make their cases
In their final, townhall style debate, Republican Presidential Nominee President Rudy Giuliani and Democratic Presidential Nominee Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts each made their cases to the American people. "Over the past 4 years, Americans have been faced with challenges. Together, we put in place new economic policies which have resulted in 6.8 million new jobs and a $3.5 trillion reduction in our debt. We have ended the war in Afghanistan, and disarmed a brutal regime in Iran. The question now is, what direction will we move in? I've proposed keeping taxes low, continuing to exercise fiscal discipline, education reform, market based health care reforms, and entitlement reform. We've begun to work on these issues since 2013, but our work is not done. My opponent has proposed higher taxes, $1.2 trillion in new spending, and returning to the policies which where in place 4 years ago. My opponent has changed a lot of his positions, but he has not changed his commitment to big government and indecisiveness in foreign policy. The choice is between continuing in the right direction, or indecisive and untested leadership." Senator Kerry retorted that "For the past three decades, I have fought to provide health care to more Americans, for higher minimum wages, for a woman's right to choose, and for a foreign policy where we have strong alliances. The choice in this campaign is between two very different directions. President Giuliani has been an advocate for the wealthiest amongst us, and for special interests such as big oil and the chemical companies. Chet Edwards and I will advocate on behalf of you and your family. We are fighting to ensure the American dream is alive and well for every single American."

November 1, 2016 - Gore holds rally for Kerry in New Mexico

2000 & 2004 Democratic Presidential Nominee Former Vice President Al Gore spoke at a rally on behalf of Democratic Presidential Nominee Senator John Kerry in Santa Fe, NM. "John Kerry has spent his entire political career fighting for working families and the environment. If you want a President who will fight to expand health care access, raise the minimum wage, end the war in Iran, and combat global warming, John Kerry is your choice" Gore stated.

November 5, 2016 - 3 days before voting, Giuliani still ahead in CBS Poll

National Election Popular Vote
Rudy Giuliani 55%
John Kerry 38%

National Election Electoral College
Rudy Giuliani 293 EV
John Kerry 170 EV
Toss Up 75 EV
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 01:29:48 PM »

November 7, 2016 - President Giuliani holds final campaign rally in Pennsylvania

President Rudy Giuliani held his final campaign rally of the 2016 election campaign alongside Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ), Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA), Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA), and Senate Majority Leader Kelly Ayyotte (R-NH). Giuliani stated "We have made progress in the past 4 years, our economy is stronger, our nation is safer, America is back! A second term allows us the opportunity to do what is in the best interests of every single American for another 4 years. We'll keep taxes low and reform our tax code. We'll keep in place the health care reforms we've put in place and encourage a broader health care market. We'll continue to keep spending under control and cut it where we can. We'll continue to keep the American people safe" Giuliani stated.

John Kerry holds final campaign event in Florida

Democratic Presidential Nominee Senator John Kerry held his final campaign event in Florida alongside Former President Bill Clinton, Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL), and Former Presidential Candidate and Defense Secretary Carol Moseley Braun. Kerry urged Americans to support him "so our country can end the war in Iran and instead rebuild our own country. Our people deserve quality health care, higher wages, and tax relief that favors them, not the wealthiest amongst us."

Election Night 2016

7 PM
Indiana - Giuliani 60% Kerry 39%
Kentucky - Giuliani 58% Kerry 41%
South Carolina - Giuliani 57% Kerry 42%
Vermont - Kerry 55% Giuliani 44%
Virginia - Giuliani 56% Kerry 43%
North Carolina - Giuliani 58% Kerry 41%
Ohio - Giuliani 52% Kerry 47%
West Virginia - Giuliani 60% Kerry 39%

8 PM
Alabama - Giuliani 61% Kerry 38%
Connecticut - Kerry 53% Giuliani 46%
Delaware - Kerry 55% Giuliani 44%
Florida - Giuliani 54% Kerry 45%
Illinois - Kerry 53% Giuliani 46%
Maine - Too Close to Call
Maryland - Kerry 55% Giuliani 44%
Massachusetts - Kerry 77% Giuliani 22%
Michigan - Too Close to Call
Mississippi - Giuliani 63% Kerry 36%
Missouri - Giuliani 57% Kerry 42%
New Hampshire - Too close to Call
New Jersey - Giuliani 53% Kerry 46%
Oklahoma - Giuliani 74% Kerry 25%
Pennsylvania - Too Close to Call
Rhode Island - Kerry 68% Giuliani 31%
South Dakota - Giuliani 64% Kerry 35%
Tennessee - Giuliani 60% Kerry 39%
Texas - Giuliani 59% Kerry 40%

8:30 PM
Arkansas - Giuliani 60% Kerry 39%

9:00 PM
Arizona - Giuliani 60% Kerry 39%
Colorado - Giuliani 53% Kerry 46%
Kansas - Giuliani 62% Kerry 37%
Louisiana - Giuliani 81% Kerry 18%
Nebraska - Giuliani 65% Kerry 34%
New Mexico - Too Close to Call
New York - Too Close to Call
Wisconsin - Too Close to Call
Wyoming - Giuliani 77% Kerry 22%

9:12 PM - Giuliani wins New Hampshire
Giuliani 51% Kerry 48%

9:17 PM - Giuliani wins Maine
Giuliani 49.2% Kerry 49%

9:23 PM - Giuliani wins Michigan
Giuliani 52% Kerry 47%

9:33 PM - Giuliani wins Pennsylvania
Giuliani 51% Kerry 48%

9:58 PM - Kerry wins New York
Kerry 49.9% Giuliani 49.6%

10 PM
Idaho - Giuliani 72% Kerry 27%
Iowa - Giuliani 52% Kerry 47%
Montana - Giuliani 59% Kerry 40%
Nevada - Giuliani 54% Kerry 45%
North Dakota - Giuliani 66% Kerry 33%
Oregon - Too Close to Call
Washington - Kerry 53% Giuliani 46%

10:17 PM - AP: President Giuliani wins re-election

At 10:17 PM on election night, the associated press reported that President Rudy Giuliani would win re-election in the 2016 presidential election.

10:33 PM - Sen. John Kerry concedes 2016 presidential election

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts conceded the 2016 presidential election to President Rudy Giuliani. "Earlier, I spoke with President Giuliani, and I congratulated him, Judith, and their supporters on an impressive victory tonight." Kerry also stated "You helped make our cause of a brighter future for every American something that will last long beyond this campaign. I will continue to fight for the values we fought for in this campaign in the U.S. Senate. I know you will continue the fight moving forward" Kerry remarked.

10:37 PM - AP: GOP keeps House, Senate  

The GOP picked up 12 seats in the House of Representatives and gained 1 U.S. Senate seat, enabling them to maintain a majority in both houses of congress.

11:00 PM - President Giuliani accepts re-election victory

Upon being re-elected President, Rudy Giuliani spoke to a crowd in New York City about the election results. "Tonight, Americans have spoken. It has been an honor to serve you as President, and I look forward to doing so for the next 4 years. Tonight, our message of reform has prevailed, but those who did not support me need to know that I intend to earn their trust" the President stated.

2:30 AM - Map finalized

2016 U.S. Presidential Election
Rudy Giuliani / Bobby Jindal (R) 57% 360 EV
John Kerry / Chet Edwards (D) 42% 178 EV
Other 1%

Key U.S. Senate Race Calls

Arizona - Senator Jeff Flake wins a second term with 55% of the vote

California - Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom wins 57% of the vote to replace retiring Senator Barbra Boxer. GOP nominee Duncan Hunter won 42% of the vote

Colorado - Republican Mike Coffman won 51% of the vote, defeating Incumbent Senator Michael Bennett who garned 48% of the vote

Connecticut - Senator Richard Blumenthal won re-election with 62% of the vote, while GOP nominee Linda McMahon won 37% of the vote in a 2010 rematch.

Delaware - Senator Chris Coons won 72% of the vote running for a second term against GOP nominee Christine O'Donell, who won 25% of the vote.

Florida - Senator Marco Rubio won re-election with 54% of the vote. Democratic Nominee Congressman Patrick Murphy won 45% of the vote

Indiana - Former Governor Mitch Daniels won 64% of the vote to succeed retiring Senator Dan Coats. Congressman Peter Visclosky, the Democratic Nominee, won 35% of the vote.

Kentucky - Governor Steve Beshear (D) defeated Incumbent Senator Rand Paul (R) by 20,000 votes

Missouri - Senator Roy Blunt won 53% of the vote, Democratic Nominee Robin Carnahan, in a 2010 rematch, won 46% of the vote.

New York  - Senator Kristen Gillibrand, who was appointed to the U.S. Senate in 2013 and elected in a special election in 2014, won 60% of the vote to serve for a 6 year term. GOP nominee Ed Cox won 39% of the vote.

Ohio - Senator Rob Portman won 68% of the vote, Former Congressman Dennis Kucinich won 30% of the vote as the Democratic Nominee.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »

Another great night for republicans.. The only good news is too-old Beshear beating Paul.
Coons should run in 2020 if he's that popular in DE!!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »

what was the arkansas senate race like
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2013, 09:56:54 PM »

GOP Senator John Boozman won 52% of the vote, Former Governor Mike Bebe won 47% of the vote.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »

January 20, 2017 - President Giuliani, Vice President Jindal sworn in for second term

President Rudy Giuliani and Vice President Bobby Jindal were sworn in for a second term as President and Vice President.

Giuliani Administration, Second Term

Secretary of State Condi Rice

Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz

Assistant Secretary of Defense Liz Cheney

Secretary of Homeland Security Marsha Blackburn

National Security Advisor Meghan O'Sullivan

U.N. Ambassador Jon Huntsman Jr.

U.S. Trade Representative Tom Daschle

Chairperson, President's Council of Economic Advisors Meg Whitman

Secretary of Commerce Larry Kudlow

Secretary of Treasury Tim Pawlenty

Secretary of Energy Sean Parnell

Chief of Staff Cathy McMorris Rodgers

Secretary of Education Laura Bush

Secretary of Health & Human Services Ben Carson

Secretary of HUD Cory Booker

Secretary of Labor John Kasich

Attorney General Norm Coleman

Congressional leadership

House Speaker Eric Cantor (R-VA)

House Majority Leader Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)

House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

House Miniority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD)

Senate Majority Leader Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)

Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-SD)

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL)

Senate Minority Whip Bill Nelson (D-FL)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2013, 08:29:24 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2013, 10:15:32 AM by dudeabides »

Feb. 2, 2017 - President Giuliani calls on Congress to pass medicare reform

President Giuliani called on congress to block-grant the medicare program back to states. Giuliani claimed that "The only way to save medicare is to change it into a program in which the federal government sends  money back to states so they can craft their own type of medicare program custom to their financial situation. This will save us billions each year, and it will make medicare more efficient for our seniors."

March 4, 2017 - FBI raids David Vitter's Washington D.C. Office

The F.B.I. raided the Washington D.C. office of U.S. Senator David Vitter (R-LA) based on information the senator was provided prostitutes paid for by the tobacco industry in exchange for introducing legislation favorable to cigarette manufacturers.

March 7, 2017 - Vitter denies wrongdoing

U.S. Senator David Vitter (R-LA) denied any wrongdoing following an FBI raid of his office. "I fully understand I have sinned in the past by betraying my family. However, I have not betrayed my family again, these allegations are untrue and ridiculous" stated Vitter.

April 4, 2017 - Vitter arrested on corruption charges

The F.B.I. arrested Senator David Vitter after finding evidence he had, in fact, been provided with prostitutes on at least 71 different occasions between 2010 and 2016. The prostitutes were paid for, in part, by a small tobacco lobbying firm which provided them in exchange for Vitter's votes on issues. Vitter had also introduced a law in 2013, which failed the senate, to ban federal taxes on tobacco products.

April 12, 2017 - Senator Barack Obama calls on Vitter resignation

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) called on the resignation of Senator David Vitter (R-LA). "Mr. Vitter needs to worry about his own legal issues without dragging the people of Louisiana and America into his own personal problems. The only responsible thing for him to do is to resign" Obama stated.

April 18, 2017 - Giuliani: U.S. out of Iran by 2018

Citing progress in Iran, President Rudy Giuliani announced the U.S. would be withdrawing forces by the end of 2018. "America has disarmed a brutal regime which threatened world peace thanks to the bravery of our men and women in uniform. Now, the Iranian people must control their country. The United States will withdrawal its forces in victory in 2018" Giuliani stated.

May 8, 2017 - Vitter resigns

Out on bail, U.S. Senator David Vitter resigned from his U.S. Senate seat. "Today, I am announcing my resignation from the U.S. Senate. I have sinned, and I am so sorry to the people of Louisiana, this country, and my family" Vitter stated.

June 17, 2017 - President Giuliani signs SCHIP expansion while many in GOP Congress oppose

Bucking many in his party in congress, President Giuliani signed a an expansion of SCHIP funding. The cost of SCHIP, under the new law, would be adjusted for inflation. The estimated cost would increase from $77 billion over a decade to $81 billion. However, republicans argued SCHIP would become too expensive over time.

July 2, 2017 - Vitter sentenced to ten years behind bars

A federal court convicted David Vitter and sentenced him to ten years behind bars on 12 counts of corruption.

August 5, 2017 - Obama, Democrats author bill mandating fuel efficiency in cars

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) and congressional democrats authored a bill to mandate U.S. car manufactures increase fuel efficiency and environmental standards.

August 27, 2017 - President Giuliani signs bi-partisan bill based on the principles of Obama fuel efficiency bill  

President Giuliani, after working with Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL), signed a bill into law which enabled auto manufacturers to write off environmental technology on their taxes each year. The law also established tax benefits for increasing fuel efficiency standards. The cost of the law is $2 billion per year.    

September 18, 2017 - Giuliani vetoes highway bill

President Giuliani vetoed a $300 billion highway bill which contained at least $12 billion worth of "pork barrel" projects. "This bill would increase our national debt while spending money on several projects we do not need as a country" Giuliani stated.

September 19, 2017 - Van Hollen: Giuliani's veto anti-progress

Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland stated that "President Giuliani's recent veto of the highway bill proves this administration dislikes progress. We need to update our infrusture and protect our environment, the highway bill does both. But, this administration opposes any investment we need to make in our people."

October 15, 2017 - President Giulaini calls for eliminating Alternate Minimum Tax by year's end

President Giuliani called on Congress to eliminate the Alternate Minimum Tax, which hits millions of middle-income Americans.

October 28, 2017 - Congress votes to eliminate AMT Tax

Congress approved President Giuliani's request to eliminate the alternate minimum tax.

Elections 2017

New Jersey Governor
Kim Guadango / Jay Weber (R) 51%
Frank Pallone / Shelia Oliver (D) 48%
Other 1%

Virginia Governor
A.Donald McEachin (D) 52%
Pat Mullins (R) 47%
Other 1%

New York City Mayor
Christine Quinn (D) 64%
Adolfo Carrion Jr. (R) 30%
Other 6%

November 24, 2017 - Giuliani signs medicare reform after negotiations with democrats

President Giuliani signed a medicare reform law which block-granted the program, but also mandated coverage for those seniors whose income at retirement was less than $60,000 per year. The program did keep some federal controls over medicare, but a majority of power was returned to the states.

December 18, 2017 - President Giuliani ends 1st year of second term with a record, 71% approval rating

According to a survey from CBS News, President Giuliani ended 2017 with a 71% approval rating, the highest he ever held in office; the lowest being 51% in June of 2015, the average being 59.2%. Of those surveyed, 71% approved of his job performance, 21% disapproved, and 8% were either neutral or undecided. 98% of republicans, 67% of independents, and a shocking 53% of democrats approved of his job performance.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »

January 8, 2018 - Attorney General Norm Coleman resigns to run for Governor of Minnesota

Attorney General Norm Coleman announced he would be resigning his position as U.S. Attorney General to seek the 2018 Republican nomination for Governor of Minnesota.

January 14, 2018 - President Giuliani nominates Chris Christie for Attorney General

President Giuliani nominated Outgoing New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to be U.S. Attorney General. "Chris Christie has a lifetime of experience in law enforcement and leading in government. He is the best prepared candidate to lead the justice department" Giuliani said of Christie.

Feb. 4, 2018 - With bi-partisan support, Chris Christie is confirmed as Attorney General

Chris Christie was confirmed as Attorney General by a bi-partisan majority. Christie is to be sworn in on Feb. 7, 2018.

March 2, 2018 - Unemployment hits record low of 5%

In Feb. 2018, the U.S. economy added 375,000 jobs, as unemployment hit 5%, down from 5.4% in January 2018.

March 27, 2018 - President Giuliani calls on congress to reduce the number of tax brackets and lower rates

President Giuliani called on congress to reduce the number of tax brackets down to three, and to lower tax rates while closing several deductions. The Giuliani plan would create 3 tax brackets; 7%, 17%, and 23%. The plan would also limit all deductions, except health care and local taxes.

May 1, 2018 - President Giuliani signs tax reform and relief into law

President Rudy Giuliani signed his tax reform bill into law. The law, plus Giuliani's previous tax cuts, would cost $700 billion over ten years; the $1.2 trillion cost was reduced by $500 billion when the closing of loopholes were taken into account.

May 28, 2018 - Heritage Foundation: Giuliani amongst the biggest tax cutters in U.S. history

The Heritage Foundation did a study which showed that "President Rudy Giuliani has been the biggest tax cutter in U.S. history for 98% of American taxpayers. His personal income tax cuts on middle and lower income Americans has been the largest tax relief ever. On capital gains, Giuliani's tax cut has also been the largest in U.S. history. On wealthier Americans and corporations, Giuliani has been the second largest tax cutter in U.S. history."

June 24, 2018 - President Giuliani: U.S. out of Iran by December 31, 2018

President Giuliani announced that "all combat missions in Iran will be over by the end of this year."

July 18, 2018 - Giuliani credits Jindal with leading on education, medicare, Afghanistan

In an interview which aired on 60 Minutes, President Giuliani praised Vice President Bobby Jindal when asked about Jindal's 2020 presidential ambitions. "Vice President Jindal has played a crucial role in this administration. His guidance on educational choice, medicare reform, and his full support for this administration's Afghanistan withdrawal strategy have been especially crucial to my administration. He has been a strong supporter of this administration on all the issues, he has been my partner in leading America for these past five years" Giuliani stated.

August 4, 2018 - President Giuliani hits trail for GOP Candidates in New Jersey, New York

President Rudy Giuliani hit the campaign trail on behalf of GOP candidates for congress and the U.S. Senate in New Jersey and New York. Giuliani stated that "In these past 5 years, thanks to tax relief and regulatory reforms, our economy has added 9.2 million jobs. Our national debt has been reduced by $4.9 trillion. Every American has seen tax relief. Our nation is safer without a nuclear Iran. It is crucial we keep the GOP majority in power."

August 21, 2018 - Obama campaigns for democrats in Ohio

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama of Illinois campaigned on behalf of Democratic Candidates for office in Ohio. "We need to fight for health care for every single America. We need to protect our environment and combat global warming. We need to cut taxes on middle class families, not the very rich. We need to elect a democratic majority this fall" Obama stated.

September 4, 2018 - President Giuliani: My 2019 budget will increase defense

At a speech in Detroit, Michigan, President Giuliani announced that he would fight to increase the size of the military and defense spending in 2019. "My goal is to begin a two year effort to increase the size of our military by 50,000. We will also be investing in new equipment and technology so we can gather the best human intelligence possible. While overall spending will reduce 1.4% in my 2019 budget, we will increase defense spending by around $75 billion each year."

October 21, 2018 - Ahead of election, Giuliani signs bi-partisan bill establishing a health care patient bill of rights

President Rudy Giuliani signed a national patient's bill of rights into law ahead of the 2018 mid term elections.

Election Day 2018 - GOP keeps both houses of congress, though they lost 7 congressional seats while making gains in the U.S. Senate

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2013, 12:07:35 AM »

Damn, President Giuliani has to have the most successful legislative legacy of any President.

I wonder how this new tax code will stand up when unemployment isn't so cheery
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »

Damn, President Giuliani has to have the most successful legislative legacy of any President.

I wonder how this new tax code will stand up when unemployment isn't so cheery

Thank You for the feedback!

January 8, 2019 - Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces presidential campaign

Senator Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY) announced she was running for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. Citing fiscal discipline, education, and health care as top issues, Gillibrand stated that "I'm running for President because I believe America does best when we have leaders who can unite for the national interests, not their political careers."

January 14, 2019 - Sen. Marco Rubio announces presidential bid

Senator Marco Rubio of Florida announced he would seek the 2020 GOP Presidential Nomination. "America needs a President who will continue the progress of the Giuliani administration, but also one who will be even more agressive on tax reform and regulatory reform" Rubio stated.

Feb. 4, 2019 - House Speaker Eric Cantor to run for President

House Speaker Eric Cantor announced he would seek the nomination of his party for President in the 2020 election. "Over the past six years, we've cut our debt by $4.8 trillion. We've added over 9 million new jobs. We've passed record tax relief. We need a republican president to continue on the progress we've made, but we also need a President who will lead us into the next decade. I believe my experience enables me to have the best chance of helping to continue to grow our economy, reduce debt, and defend our country."

Feb. 15, 2019 - Cory Booker resigns from HUD, runs for President as Democrat in 2020

Secretary Of HUD Cory Booker, who had been in his present job for six years following being Mayor of Newark, NJ for six years, announced he was resigning from HUD to run for President as a Democrat in the 2020 election. "I will resign my post as Secretary of HUD to run for President." Booker emphasized environmental protection, economic development in urban centers, and balancing the federal budget as top priorities.

Feb. 24, 2019 - Rick Snyder: I'll run as the moderate republican

Governor Rick Snyder of Michigan announced he would run for President in 2020, stating that "In the 2020 election, only a moderate republican can win. I am the only one who can win the 2020 election as a moderate, and therefore I'm running for President" Snyder told Fox News.

March 2, 2019 - Bobby Jindal enters GOP nomination race for President

Vice President Bobby Jindal entered the race for the GOP presidential nomination in 2020. "Our economy is back. Our country is safer. We need to continue in the right direction" Jindal stated at his announcement rally in Baton Rouge, LA. While Jindal praised the Giuliani administration's accomplishments, he also pledged to pass the fair tax, a human life amendment, and to send education and housing back to the states.

March 4, 2019 - Poll: Jindal GOP front-runner, democrats divided

GOP National Primary
Bobby Jindal 35%
Chris Christie 30%
Eric Cantor 17%
Marco Rubio 6%
Nikki Haley5%
Ted Cruz 4%
Other 3%

Democratic National Primary
Kristen Gillibrand 29%
Cory Booker 25%
Charlie Crist 21%
Jennifer Granholm 15%
Christine Quinn 6%
Al Franken 2%
Other 2%

March 12, 2019 - Charlie Crist announces presidential bid

Former Governor Charlie Crist of Florida announced he was seeking the Democratic Presidential Nomination in the 2020 election. Crist, who served as a republican Governor of Florida from 2007-2011, and as a Democratic Governor from 2015-2019, stated that he was "a bi-partisan candidate with a record of expanding health care access, cutting taxes, and protecting the environment".

March 21, 2019 - Former SC Governor to run for President

Former Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley, who served as South Carolina's Governor from 2011-2019, announced she was running "for President as the clear conservative choice."

April 17, 2019 - Jennifer Granholm announces presidential bid

With the urging of organized labor, Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, seeking to raise the minimum wage and pass universal health care legislation, announced she would run for President in 2020.

May 2, 2019 - Franken enters presidential race

Senator Al Franken, the popular Minnesota U.S. Senator, declared he would run for President in the 2020 election to "restore common sense to Washington D.C.".

May 5, 2019 - NYC Mayor Christine Quinn seeks to become first homosexual President

Mayor Christine Quinn of New York announced she was seeking the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "We need to legalize same-sex marriage, increase college pell grants, cut taxes on middle class families, and to enforce fair trade in this country" Quinn stated in her announcement address.

April 2, 2019 - Sen. Ted Cruz enters presidential race

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, a favorite of the tea party, told Fox News he was "running for President, clearly as the tea party candidate."

May 1, 2019 - Attorney General Chris Christie resigns to run for President

After just 17 months on the job, Attorney General Chris Christie announced he would step down as Attorney General to seek the GOP Presidential nomination.

May 5, 2019 - Chris Christie formally declares presidential bid

Former Attorney General Chris Christie formally entered the race for the GOP presidential nomination. "As a Governor, I fought to cut spending, reform education, and fix a broken pension system. As Attorney General, I took on corporate corruption and those who posed a threat to the American people. As President, I'll make sure we reduce federal spending, keep taxes low, and protect the American people" Christie stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »

May 12, 2019 - Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) announces retirement

Senator John Cornyn of Texas announced that he would not run for re-election as a U.S. Senator from Texas in the 2020 election.

May 18, 2019 - George P. Bush launches U.S. Senate bid

George P. Bush, who had spent the past 4 years as Texas Land Commissioner, announced he was running for the U.S. Senate in 2020. Bush stated that while he felt the Giuliani economic policies were working for the most part, there were areas of the economy he felt still faced challenge. "While our economy has added jobs, I feel we need to create tax incentives for employers to increase wages. While we have increased choice in education, too many of our poorer children still are not graduating. While this administration has done well with regards to cutting spending, we still have a ways to go; our national debt is now $11.8 trillion, we need to reduce it to below $6 trillion in my judgement before we are out of a fiscal crisis" Bush stated.

June 4, 2019 - President Giuliani announces Brooklyn, NY as location of Giuliani Presidential Library, talked retirement plans

President Rudy Giuliani stated that Brooklyn, NY would be the location of the Giuliani presidential library during an interview on NBC's Meet the Press. "I am from Brooklyn and feel that having a presidential library there, a place where the values of economic freedom and a strong national defense can be discussed, is appropriate." As far as his retirement plans, Giuliani stated that "While I intend to remain active in public policy and charity, I also intend to relax; whether it be at our apartment in Manhattan, or in Palm Beach, FL where we intend to buy a place after selling our house on the Hamptons in New York."

July 5, 2019 - President Giuliani proposes national catastrophe fund to congress

During the midst of hurricane season, President Rudy Giuliani proposed congress establish a National Catastrophe fund, similar to a rainy day fund except set up for natural disasters, in order "to reduce home owner's insurance rates and to help have a fund to rebuild whatever mother nature brings our way."

August 2, 2019 - Christie outpacing other hopefuls in New Hampshire

Poll numbers and fundraising in New Hampshire alone show that Former Attorney General Chris Christie was outperforming his opponents going into the New Hampshire primary in 2020. Christie, running on balancing the federal budget in 3 years, a 27% across the board tax cut on individual income, increased police officers on the street, and reforms to medicare & social security, appealed to New Hampshire voters due to his perceived independence from the political establishment.

August 27, 2019 - President Giuliani signs National Catastrophe Fund Act into law

President Rudy Giuliani signed the National Catastrophe Fund Act into law. The law established a national catastrophe fund to be used to rebuild after natural disasters. The law was funded by cutting FEMA funding by a third.

September 17, 2019 - In Democratic Debate, party debates next move

During their Iowa Democratic Candidates Debate, candidates seeking the Democratic Presidential Nomination each spoke of their vision of the party moving forward after bad election cycles for them in 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018. "I think our party needs to stick to it's core positions on most things, but I think we need to convince Americans that we are also the party of fiscal discipline, lower taxes, and a strong national defense. We don't have to compromise our values to do so" stated Senator Kristen Gillibrand of New York, the front-runner. Former HUD Secretary Cory Booker stated that "Our party needs to commit to family values, not in the sense that the republicans have, but let's be honest; fighting crime, cutting taxes on families, better education, free enterprise to fix our urban areas, these are all things which benefit democrats and all Americans are shape family" Booker stated. Former Governor Charlie Crist of Florida urged democrats to "support a nominee who understands the points of view of both parties because frankly, we need to work together to balance the budget, combat global warming, and end the wreckless Giuliani foreign policy." It was Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm who sought to be the progressive candidate. "We need a President, as democrats and Americans, who will defend the rights of workers, expand health care access, raise the minimum wage, and finally implement meaningful gun control."

October 1, 2019 - Poll: Democrats still divided, Jindal VS. Christie for GOP

National Democratic Primary
Kristen Gillibrand 28%
Cory Booker 26%
Jennifer Granholm 20%
Charlie Crist 12%
Al Franken 6%
Christine Quinn 4%
Other 4%

National GOP Primary
Chris Christie 40%
Bobby Jindal 39%
Eric Cantor 12%
Marco Rubio 5%
Nikki Haley 1%
Ted Cruz 1%
Rick Snyder 1%
Other 1%

October 4, 2019 - Former President Bill Clinton backs Kristen Gillibrand for President

Former President Bill Clinton backed Kristen Gillibrand for President, stating that "Kristen Gillibrand embodies the values of everyday Americans; she has the experience and judgement to lead this country."

October 8, 2019 - Sen. Mitt Romney (R-AZ) endorses Chris Christie for President, becomes national campaign co-chair

Senator Mitt Romney of New Hampshire endorsed Chris Christie for President and signed on as his national campaign co-chair. "Chris Christie has been a leader in the fight for fiscal discipline and limited government for a long time. I believe he has the judgement and resume to lead this country for the next 8 years" Romney said of Christie at a press conference in New Hampshire.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2013, 01:25:28 PM »

Granholm was born in Canada.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »

Thank You for pointing that out, I was unaware of that!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2013, 11:49:02 PM »

October 27, 2019 - In GOP debate, candidates debate post-Giuliani era

In the South Carolina GOP candidates debate, the candidates debated the direction of their party - and the country, after President Giuliani left office. "As President, I would continue many of the Giuliani/Jindal policies, but I would also do more in terms of tax reform, defending innocent life, education reform, and tackling the debt" stated Vice President Bobby Jindal. "I only spent a year and a half in Washington, I'm a Washington outsider who, as a Governor, focused on cutting spending, reforming a broken pension system, and taking on the political establishment. I think our party needs to seriously focus on fiscal discipline and making Washington functional again" stated Chris Christie. House Speaker Eric Cantor stated that "I'm the candidate in this race who worked with President Giuliani to reform our tax code, end burdensome regulations on our economy, and disarm the Iranian regime. What this country needs is real, steady leadership." Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, seeking to be the conservative in the race, promised GOP voters she'd push for a human life amendment, a 12% flat tax, and a balanced budget amendment during her first 100 days in office. Senator Marco Rubio pledged to fight for a balanced budget amendment and a fair tax. Michigan Governor Rick Snyder emphasized campaign finance reform and educational vouchers as top campaign issues.

November 2, 2019 - President Giuliani endorses Vice President Bobby Jindal for President

President Rudy Giuliani endorsed his Vice President, Bobby Jindal, to succeed him as President. "Whether it be cutting taxes, protecting our border, implementing important free market health care reforms, or disarming the former Iranian regime, Vice President Jindal has proven he is a leader, and Americans need a proven leader to be President for the next 4 years" Giuliani said of Jindal.

November 10, 2019 - Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama endorses Cory Booker for President

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) endorsed Cory Booker for President, stating that Booker "has a lifetime of public service as a Mayor and HUD Secretary. He understands the concerns of the American people."

November 21, 2019 - Pres. Giuliani signs Romney bill expanding the size of GITMO 

President Giuliani signed a bill into law proposed by Senator Mitt Romney of Arizona which increased the size of Guantanamo Bay in Cuba by 17.5%, at a cost of $500 million over 3 years.

December 2, 2019 - Economic Growth slows
In November 2019, the U.S. economy added 190,000 jobs, down from 230,000 in October. The unemployment rate went from 5.2% up to 5.5%, as economic growth in November was the slowest in more than five years.

December 8, 2019 - House Majority Leader Lynn Jenkins endorses Eric Cantor for President

House Majority Lynn Jenkins (R-KS) endorsed Eric Cantor for President, calling Cantor "the number one elected official who has pursued the Giuliani era policies which have added 9 million jobs and reduced our national debt while cutting taxes and protecting our border."

December 15, 2019 - GOP divided, Booker surges ahead in Democratic Race

GOP National Primary
Bobby Jindal 30%
Chris Christie 30%
Eric Cantor 21%
Marco Rubio 10%
Nikki Haley 5%
Rick Snyder 2%
Other 2%

Cory Booker 38%
Kristen Gillibrand 32%
Charlie Crist 20%
Al Franken 6%
Christine Quinn 2%
Other 2%

December 22, 2019 - Giuliani approval down to 55% from 60% in November

Due to a slowing economy, President Giuliani's approval rating slipped from 60% down to 55% between November and December 2019.

January 2, 2020 - Unemployment at 6% as U.S. economy added just 120,000 jobs in December 2019

The U.S. economy suffered its worst month since early 2013, as the economy added just 120,000 jobs and unemployment hit 6%.

January 8, 2020 - Giuliani approval hits record low of 46%

Due to a slowing U.S. economy, President Rudy Giuliani's approval rating hit 46%, the lowest recorded during his time in office.

Iowa Caucus
GOP

Bobby Jindal 38%
Chris Christie 22%
Eric Cantor 20%
Marco Rubio 12%
Nikki Haley 5%
Rick Snyder 2%
Other 1%

Democratic

Cory Booker 39%
Kristen Gillibrand 20%
Charlie Crist 19%
Al Franken 12%
Christine Quinn 8%
Other 2%

New Hampshire Primary
GOP

Chris Christie 50%
Eric Cantor 18%
Bobby Jindal 12%
Nikki Haley 8%
Marco Rubio 6%
Rick Snyder 4%
Other 2%

Democratic

Cory Booker 39%
Charlie Crist 35%
Kristen Gillibrand 20%
Christine Quinn 4%
Al Franken 1%
Other 1%

January 24, 2020 - Former Sen. Evan Bayh announces independent presidential run

Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana, who was a democratic presidential candidate in the 2008 election, announced he was seeking the presidency as an independent in 2020. "I firmly believe our two party system has failed, and we need someone to lead this country who understands you have to bring people together to get things done" Bayh stated. Bayh stated he would run as "a social progressive, but a fiscal conservative." Bayh pledged to be a pro-choice environmentalist, but also pledged to pass tax relief and to balance the federal budget.

January 25, 2020 - Christie, Jindal, Booker polling well following IA&NH

GOP National Primary
Chris Christie 34%
Bobby Jindal 34%
Eric Cantor 20%
Marco Rubio 6%
Nikki Haley 4%
Rick Snyder 1%
Other 1%

GOP S.C. Primary
Bobby Jindal 32%
Nikki Haley 32%
Marco Rubio 15%
Eric Cantor 10%
Chris Christie 6%
Rick Snyder 3%
Other 2%

Cory Booker 40%
Kristen Gillibrand 32%
Charlie Crist 20%
Al Franken 5%
Christine Quinn 2%
Other 1%

Democratic S.C. Primary
Cory Booker 41%
Kristen Gillibrand 39%
Charlie Crist 12%
Al Franken 5%
Christine Quinn 2%
Other 1%

South Carolina Primary
GOP

Nikki Haley 37%
Bobby Jindal 29%
Marco Rubio 20%
Eric Cantor 5%
Chris Christie 4%
Rick Snyder 3%
Other 2%

Democratic

Kristen Gillibrand 34%
Cory Booker 30%
Charlie Crist 21%
Al Franken 10%
Christine Quinn 4%
Other 1%

Feb. 7, 2020 - Snyder exits presidential race, backs Chris Christie

After failing to gain momentum, GOP Presidential Hopeful Rick Snyder exited the presidential race and endorsed fellow GOP Candidate Chris Christie, calling Chris Christie "a bi-partisan leader who has a record of getting things done."
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »

Michigan Primary
GOP

Chris Christie 38%
Bobby Jindal 37%
Eric Cantor 15%
Marco Rubio 6%
Nikki Haley 3%
Other 1%

Democratic

Cory Booker 40%
Kristen Gillibrand 39%
Al Franken 15%
Charlie Crist 4%
Christine Quinn 1%
Other 1%

Feb. 14, 2020 - Quinn exits presidential race

Mayor of New York City Christine Quinn, who sought to be the nations first homosexual president, exited the presidential race. Though 66% of voters stated they could support a homosexual candidate for President according to a January Gallup survey, Quinn failed to gain momentum in early contests.

Nevada Caucus
GOP

Bobby Jindal 44%
Chris Christie 30%
Eric Cantor 20%
Marco Rubio 4%
Nikki Haley 1%
Other 1%

Democratic

Cory Booker 51%
Kristen Gillibrand 25%
Charlie Crist 14%
Al Franken 8%
Other 2%

Florida Primary
GOP

Chris Christie 36.5%
Marco Rubio 36.3%
Bobby Jindal 17%
Eric Cantor 10%
Nikki Haley 1%
Other .2%

Democratic

Charlie Crist 55%
Cory Booker 21%
Kristen Gillibrand 14%
Al Franken 8%
Other 2%

Feb. 20, 2020 - Rubio exits presidential race, endorses Jindal

After failing to secure a victory in his home state of Florida, Senator Marco Rubio exited the presidential race and endorsed fellow candidate Vice President Bobby Jindal, stating that "Bobby Jindal has a proven record of accomplishment and is the kind of conservative leader our country needs."

Colorado Caucus
GOP

Chris Christie 37%
Bobby Jindal 30%
Eric Cantor 22%
Nikki Haley 10%
Other 1%

Democratic

Kristen Gillibrand 41%
Cory Booker 30%
Charlie Crist 20%
Al Franken 6%
Other 3%

Minnesota Caucus
GOP

Chris Christie 33%
Bobby Jindal 32%
Eric Cantor 20%
Nikki Haley 10%
Other 5%

Democratic

Al Franken 40%
Cory Booker 20%
Kristen Gillibrand 20%
Charlie Crist 17%
Other 3%

Missouri Caucus
GOP

Bobby Jindal 41%
Chris Christie 35%
Eric Cantor 20%
Nikki Haley 2%
Other 1%

Democratic

Kristen Gillibrand 51%
Charlie Crist 21%
Cory Booker 20%
Al Franken 6%
Other 2%
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »

Gillibrand!!
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:53 PM »

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:06 PM »

Arizona Primary
GOP

Bobby Jindal 35%
Chris Christie 34%
Eric Cantor 18%
Nikki Haley 10%
Other 3%

Democratic

Kristen Gillibrand 41%
Cory Booker 30%
Charlie Crist 20%
Al Franken 6%
Other 3%

Feb. 24, 2020 - Nikki Haley withdrawals from presidential race, backs Jindal

Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley exited the presidential race and endorsed fellow candidate Bobby Jindal, calling Jindal "a full spectrum conservative who can win and govern."

Feb. 28, 2020 - Super Tuesday - GOP: Christie takes 8 contests, Jindal 8, Cantor 1. Democratic: Gillibrand wins 9 contests, Booker 6, Crist 4

GOP Candidate Wins
Chris Christie - New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Illinois, California, Delaware, Ohio
Bobby Jindal - Kentucky, North Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming, West Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma
Eric Cantor - Virginia, Alaska

Democratic Candidate Wins
Kristen Gillibrand - New York, Connecticut,North Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming, Kentucky, Tennessee
Cory Booker - New Jersey, Maine, Illinois, Delaware, Ohio, Alaska
Charlie Crist - California, West Virginia, Georgia, Virginia

Feb. 29, 2020 - Eric Cantor exits presidential race

After only securing a victory in his home state of Virginia and Alaska, House Speaker Eric Cantor exited the presidential race.

Feb. 29, 2020 - Al Franken exits presidential race

Senator Al Franken of Minnesota exited the race for President after only winning his home state of Minnesota during the presidential primaries.

March 2, 2020 - Derek Jeter announces NJ U.S. Senate run against Democratic Incumbent Frank Pallone  

Former NY Yankee Derek Jeter announced he would seek the democratic U.S. Senate nomination in the 2020 election. Citing health care and education as top issues, Jeter said that "New Jersey needs someone to represent them who understands that being a senator is about the people, not self gain."

March 5, 2020 - Pres. Giuliani signs bill increasing punishment for I.D. theft

President Rudy Giuliani signed a bill into law which increased jail sentences and fines by 25% on those convicted of Identity Theft. The bill also gave law enforcement the ability to halt credit cards if they suspected I.D. theft.

March 8, 2020 - Christie supporter State Sen. Jennifer Beck of New Jersey declares U.S. Senate bid

New Jersey State Senator Jennifer Beck announced she would seek the U.S. Senate in the 2020 election from New Jersey. "I'm running to keep taxes low and to put in place policies which will help balance the budget and create jobs for the American people" Beck stated.

Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Washington vote

GOP Results
Wisconsin - Chris Christie 44% Bobby Jindal 40% Other 16%
Kansas - Bobby Jindal 60% Chris Christie 33% Other 7%
Nebraska - Bobby Jindal 56% Chris Christie 40% Other 4%
Washington - Chris Christie 49% Bobby Jindal 40% Other 11%

Democratic Results
Wisconsin - Cory Booker 55% Kristen Gillibrand 40% Other 5%
Kansas - Kristen Gillibrand 59% Cory Booker 30% Other 11%
Nebraska - Kristen Gillibrand 55% Cory Booker 35% Other 10%
Washington - Kristen Gillibrand 45% Cory Booker 44% Other 11%

Indiana, North Carolina vote

GOP Results
Indiana - Bobby Jindal 55% Chris Christie 40% Other 5%
North Carolina - Chris Christie 50% Bobby Jindal 47% Other 3%

Democratic Results
Indiana - Kristen Gillibrand 49% Cory Booker 40% Other 11%
North Carolina - Kristen Gillibrand 55% Cory Booker 40% Other 5%

March 22, 2020 - In GOP debate, Christie & Jindal make their cases

During a Pennsylvania GOP presidential candidates debate, Former Attorney General & Governor Chris Christie debated Vice President Bobby Jindal. "I believe that I'm the best candidate for our party to nominate because while I can appeal to conservatives on issues like spending restraint, educational choice, the pro-life position, and taking on the political establishment, I'm also someone who can reach out to independents and have done so on issues like medicaid reform, education, and taking care of the mentally disabled" Chris Christie stated. "Republicans and conservatives have a choice, and they deserve a voice. I'm the only one in this race who has been a consistent supporter of the human life amendment, the fair tax, and a constitutional amendment to balance the federal budget. For 8 years, I've been involved in the effort to cut taxes, reduce our debt, and create jobs again" Vice President Jindal stated.

Pennsylvania Primary
GOP

Chris Christie 57%
Bobby Jindal 40%
Other 3%

Democratic

Kristen Gillibrand 51%
Cory Booker 49%

March 29, 2020 - Cory Booker withdrawals from presidential race

At a press conference in Newark, NJ, Former HUD Secretary Cory Booker withdrew from the presidential race. "I am announcing today that I am withdrawing from the presidential race. The values of hard work, family, and country are values I will continue to fight for. But, part of that fight is putting the cause before self. Senator Gillibrand is a friend of mine, and I look forward to seeing her elected President in the fall" Booker stated.

Sen. Kristen Gillibrand secures Democratic Presidential Nomination

Senator Kristen Gillibrand of New York secured her party's nomination for President. Running as a moderate democrat, Gillibrand stated that "During the course of this campaign, we will fight for a woman's right to chose, balancing the federal budget without raising middle class taxes, affordable health care for our families, increased choice in education, and more federal funding for education. We'll also fight for a foreign policy in which putting the security of our people will always come first" Gillibrand stated during a speech in Baltimore, MD.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »

Just a note: it's Kirsten Gillibrand.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2013, 11:46:58 PM »

^My college roommate was named Kirsten and she would be all up in this thread pointing that out, LOL. Huge pet peeve for her.

Any way, #GILLIBRAND2020!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »

Thank You, my mistake!

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama Vote

Louisiana
Bobby Jindal 88%
Chris Christie 10%
Other 2%

Mississippi
Bobby Jindal 61%
Chris Christie 30%
Other 9%

Alabama
Bobby Jindal 59%
Chris Christie 30%
Other 11%

New Mexico Primary

Bobby Jindal 53%
Chris Christie 46%
Other 1%

Maryland Primary

Bobby Jindal 51%
Chris Christie 48%
Other 1%

D.C. Primary

Chris Christie 81%
Bobby Jindal 15%
Other 4%

Texas Primary

Bobby Jindal 57%
Chris Christie 40%
Other 3%

Montana Caucus

Bobby Jindal 46%
Chris Christie 40%
Other 14%

Wyoming Caucus

Bobby Jindal 57%
Chris Christie 40%
Other 3%

May 14, 2020 - Bobby Jindal wins GOP Presidential Nomination

Vice President Bobby Jindal won the republican nomination for President after winning the Wyoming Caucus. Jindal topped Chris Christie in the delegate count 1,192 to 897, and he led Christie in the national popular vote 46% to 44%. In his victory speech in Washington D.C., Vice President Jindal stated "As the nominee of our party, I intend to fight for our conservative values. For eights years, President Giuliani and I have fought for policies which have kept our people safe while growing our economy. By implementing the fair tax, passing the human life amendment, working to invest in our infrastructure, and by ending our dependence on foreign sources of oil, we will work to build on the progress of the past eight years" Jindal stated.

Chris Christie ends presidential campaign

Former Attorney General Chris Christie ended his presidential campaign after falling short of winning the needed delegates to get to the nomination of his party. Christie thanked his supporters and immediately endorsed presumptive nominee Bobby Jindal, calling Jindal "the kind of leader our country needs."

June 1, 2020 - Jindal taps Christie for Vice President

Republican Presidential Nominee Vice President Bobby Jindal choose Former Attorney General Chris Christie to be his running-mate in the 2020 election. "Chris Christie has been a reformer with results. He always puts his country ahead of his ideology" Jindal said of Christie. "Bobby Jindal has been the most effective Vice President in U.S. history, and I believe he is more than qualified to be President" Christie said of Jindal.

June 2, 2020 - U.S. economy begins to rebound following 6 months of negative growth
The U.S. economy added 217,000 jobs as the unemployment rate stayed at 6.2% in May. May was the strongest month of economic growth in six months.

July 24, 2020 - Kirsten Gillibrand picks Mark Warner for Vice President

Democratic Presidential Nominee Senator Kristen Gillibrand of New York picked Senator Mark Warner of Virginia to be her vice presidential running-mate in the 2020 election. "Mark Warner has the experience of bringing people together to get things done" Gillibrand said of Warner. "Kirsten Gillibrand has been a leader in the fight to ensure better opportunities for our children and families. She will make an extraordinary leader" Warner said of Gillibrand.

August 1, 2020 - Independent Candidate Evan Bayh picks Governor & Former Attorney General Norm Coleman for Vice President

Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh, seeking the presidency as an independent candidate, selected Governor Norm Coleman (R-MN) as his running-mate in the 2020 election. "As a U.S. Senator, Norm Coleman worked with republicans and democrats to get things done. As Attorney General, Norm Coleman put his country before his ideology. He is the kind of Vice President who will fight for America, not one party or the other" Bayh stated. "I've been a republican my entire life. But, I believe the two party system is rigged. Evan Bayh and I offer America something different, we are not bought and paid for by special interests" Coleman stated.

August 17, 2020 - Pres. Giuliani signs law eliminating FEMA in 3 years

After passing the National Catastophre Fund Act, President Giuliani signed into law a bill dismantling FEMA after 2023.

August 22, 2020 - Survey finds close three-way race

National Poll
Kirsten Gillibrand (D) 34%
Bobby Jindal (R) 33%
Evan Bayh (I) 32%
Other 1%

September 2, 2020 - Pres. Giuliani campaigns for Jindal in Florida, Ohio

President Rudy Giuliani was greeted by large, warm crowds as he campaigned on behalf of GOP Presidential Nominee Vice President Bobby Jindal. "For eight years, we've kept America safe while reducing taxes, promoting private sector health care, and repealing a decades worth of regulations to add jobs, and our economy has added 9.3 million jobs since I took office. The choice in this election is to move forward with confidence, or to go back to the era of big government and job loss before I took office" Giuliani stated.

September 18, 2020 - Bayh talks agenda in Pennsylvania

At an event in Philadelphia, PA, Independent Presidential Candidate Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh laid out his agenda for the next 4 years. Bayh stated his top priorities would be to simplify the tax code by only having a 12% and a 34% tax bracket, to increase funding for public education by $50 billion per year, to reform social security by raising the retirement age and by means-testing the program, and to put forth an energy plan to further incentivize solar, wind, clean coal, and natural gas.

October 1, 2020 - Gillibrand puts forth agenda in Ohio

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, the Democratic Nominee for President, spoke about her presidential agenda in Ohio. She emphasized infrastructure projects, a reduction in the corporate tax rate from 25% to 19%, cutting the payroll tax in half, establishing updated educational testing and standards, and gun control as major campaign issues, and things she hoped to accomplish once in office.

October 7, 2020 - Ahead of first debate, Jindal talks platform in Florida  

Ahead of the first presidential debate, Vice President Bobby Jindal, the GOP nominee for President, talked about his agenda for the nation. Jindal stated that if elected, his focus would be on passing the fair tax, increasing domestic oil production, encouraging more nuclear power, increasing educational vouchers, establishing a federal rainy day fund, and expanding veterans health clinics.

October 9, 2020 - Giuliani calls on congress to pass federal balanced budget amendment with exemptions for defense, veterans funding before he leaves office

President Rudy Giuliani called on Congress to pass a federal balanced budget amendment which would require congress to balance the budget, with exemptions made for defense related spending and veterans related spending. Giuliani stated that "For the first time in 2 decades, America has a balanced budget. I believe that never again, unless a national security emergency takes place, should we fave yearly deficits" President Giuliani stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »

October 10, 2020 - Gillibrand, Jindal, Bayh debate domestic issues

GOP Presidential Nominee Vice President Bobby Jindal, Democratic Presidential Nominee Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, and Independent Presidential Candidate Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh debated domestic issues during their first presidential debate. Jindal, arguing America was on the right track, argued for his election as President; "Over the past 8 years, our economy has added 9.3 million jobs, we've reduce our national debt by $4.7 trillion, and we are seeing increasing levels of home ownership and declining welfare rolls, which are down 40% since 2013. The question is, where do we go from here? I've called for a fair tax to continue to grow our economy and cut taxes on the American people. I've called for a balanced budget amendment to ensure we keep our fiscal house in order. I've called for passing a free trade agreement with every country we do trade with, not just some. I have a record to run on, and I'm proposing a bold agenda for America's future" Jindal stated. Seeking to be a centrist democrat, Kirsten Gillibrand concurred things were going well economically, but also argued for change; "There is no doubt that our economy is stronger today than it was eight years ago. What the Vice President fails to realize is that we need to do even more to grow our economy. I've also supported tax cuts and voted with this administration to reduce the national debt, I'll continue to keep the Giuliani tax policies in place for 98% of Americans, and I'll reduce the number of tax brackets down to three; 37%, 17%, and 6% while reducing our corporate tax rate. But, now is a time to invest in school choice, we need to restore the Giuliani cuts in health care, and it's crucial we again invest in energy and infrastructure, two areas this administration has neglected. We need common sense to make sure America's future is as bright as possible" Gillibrand stated. Evan Bayh, seeking to win over independent voters, stated that "We have two extremes running. Vice President Jindal is an old fashioned politician who seeks to oppose a woman's right to choose and same-sex marriage. Senator Gillibrand has proposed $250 billion in unfunded spending in this campaign. As President, I'll protect a woman's right to choose while balancing the federal budget, cutting taxes, and investing in education while closing loopholes for special interests. My opponents are both funded by a corrupt, two party system. It's time to elect an independent so we can get our country focused on results again" Bayh stated.

Who won the first debate CBS Poll
Evan Bayh 39%
Kirsten Gillibrand 35%
Bobby Jindal 25%
Neutral 1%

October 14, 2020 - Christie, Warner, Coleman debate the issues

In their vice presidential debate, Former Attorney General Chris Christie (R), Governor Norm Coleman (I), and Senator Mark Warner (D) debated a series of issues. Seeking to portray himself and Bobby Jindal as leaders with a bold agenda, Mr. Christie stated that "Bobby Jindal and I believe that by leading on tax reform, spending restraint, education, national defense, and the other issues we've talked about during this campaign, we are generating dialogue important to all Americans." Mr. Warner sought to make sure the audience knew him and Kirsten Gillibrand where new kind of democrats, stating that "Kirsten Gillibrand and I are part of a new generation of democrats; socially progressive, fiscally conservative, and ready to lead this country where it needs to go for the next 8 years." Mr. Coleman attacked both political parties and promoted his independence from such parties, stating that "Evan Bayh and I offer Americans a real platform based on putting people before the political parties which are funded by special interests."

Fox News who won the V.P. Debate
Chris Christie 50%
Mark Warner 30%
Norm Coleman 12%
Neutral 8%

October 23, 2020 - 2nd debate on foreign policy occurs
The three presidential candidates debated foreign policy issues during their second debate. Vice President Jindal defended the Giuliani-era foreign policy and pledged to continue the policies of the Giuliani administration. Kirsten Gillibrand, who supported President Giuliani's policies in Iran and Afghanistan, praised the administration on those two issues, but stated the administration had weakened alliances with some European nations by ignoring their requests for the U.S. to hold off before intervening in Iran. Evan Bayh stated that while he supported many of the Giuliani-era policies, the defense budget should be on the table as it relates to cutting federal spending.

Who won the foreign policy debate ABC Poll
Bobby Jindal 41%
Kirsten Gillibrand 35%
Evan Bayh 20%
Neutral 4%

October 28, 2020 - In final townhall debate, candidates make their final pitches to voters
Bobby Jindal: "Over the past eight years, America has come back, and we are stronger than ever. Our economy has added 9.3 million jobs. Our national debt is $4.7 trillion less than what it was. We've reduced the size of government by 18%, and spending by 8%. We've disarmed a dangerous regime in Iran after bringing our troops home from Afghanistan. As President, I'll fight to build on the progress of the past eight years. I'll fight to implement the fair tax, to increase educational vouchers, to end our country's dependence on foreign energy, and to gradually increase the size of the U.S. military."

Kirsten Gillibrand: "For 8 years, I've worked on a bi-partisan basis with this administration to reduce federal spending, cut taxes, and to increase veteran's health care. I've also fought this administration on environmental policy, giving tax breaks to big oil, and gutting investments in our nation's infrastructure and our schools. America needs a President who is more concerned about fighting for all us, not one political party. As President, my plan will cut taxes on working families and the middle class, expand choice in education, provide health care to more Americans, and balance the federal budget in 4 years. It takes bi-partisan leadership to get things done, and I can get things done."

Norm Coleman: "President Giuliani has led our nation in the right direction in many ways, but sadly congress has never been more divided. Though they came together on some issues, the biggest challenges we face today; social security, education, fighting crime on our streets, and reducing our national debt are issues both parties have ignored. Evan Bayh and I have the independence to bring people together to get things done. It's time to end the two party system and to elect independent leaders with your interests at heart."

Who won the 3rd presidential debate NBC Poll  
Kirsten Gillibrand 44%
Bobby Jindal 30%
Evan Bayh 22%
Neutral 4%

Election Night 2020

7 PM Poll Closings
Georgia - Jindal 45% Gillibrand 30% Bayh 24%
Indiana - Bayh 51% Jindal 30% Gillibrand 18%
Kentucky - Jindal 50% Bayh 30% Gillibrand 19%
South Carolina - Jindal 46% Gillibrand 40% Bayh 13%
Vermont - Gillibrand 55% Bayh 30% Jindal 14%
Virginia - Too close to call

8 PM Poll Closings
North Carolina - Too Close to Call
Ohio - Too Close to Call
West Virginia - Too Close to Call
Alabama - Jindal 60% Gillibrand 27% Bayh 12%
Connecticut - Gillibrand 40% Jindal 30% Bayh 29%
Delaware - Gillibrand 66% Jindal 20% Bayh 12%
Florida - Too Close to Call
Illinois - Gillibrand 55% Bayh 30% Jindal 14%
Maine - Gillibrand 50% Jindal 30% Bayh 19%
Maryland - Gillibrand 52% Jindal 30% Bayh 17%
Massachusetts - Gillibrand 51% Bayh 35% Jindal 12%
Mississippi - Jindal 68% Gillibrand 20% Bayh 11%
Missouri - Too Close to Call
New Hampshire - Too Close to Call
New Jersey - Gillibrand 57% Jindal 30% Bayh 12%
Oklahoma - Jindal 71% Gillibrand 20% Bayh 8%
Pennsylvania - Too Close to Call
Rhode Island - Gillibrand 60% Bayh 22% Jindal 17%
Tennessee - Jindal 44% Gillibrand 30% Bayh 25%
Washington D.C. - Gillibrand 88% Bayh 10% Jindal 1%
Arkansas - Too Close to Call

8:44 PM - Gillibrand takes New Hampshire
Gillibrand 42% Jindal 38% Bayh 19%

8:52 PM - Bayh takes Virginia
Bayh 40% Jindal 30% Gillibrand 19%

9 PM Poll Closings
Arizona - Too Close to Call
Colorado - Too Close to Call
Kansas - Jindal 66% Gillibrand 20% Jindal 12%
Louisiana - Jindal 81% Bayh 12% Gillibrand 6%
Michigan - Bayh 44% Gillibrand 35% Jindal 20%
Nebraska - Jindal 46% Gillibrand 41% Bayh 12%
South Dakota - Jindal 57% Gillibrand 30% Bayh 12%
New Mexico - Too close to call
New York - Gillibrand 77% Bayh 20% Jindal 2%
Texas - Too Close to Call
Wisconsin - Too Close to Call
Wyoming - Jindal 59% Gillibrand 30% Bayh 10%
Iowa - Too Close to Call
Montana - Too Close to Call
Nevada - Too Close to Call
Utah - Jindal 66% Bayh 30% Gillibrand 2%

11 PM Poll Closings
California - Gillibrand 59% Bayh 30% Jindal 10%
Hawaii - Gillibrand 67% Bayh 30% Jindal 2%
Idaho - Jindal 70% Bayh 20% Gillibrand 9%
North Dakota - Jindal 57% Bayh 30% Gillibrand 12%
Oregon - Too Close to Call
Washington - Gillibrand 41% Jindal 39% Jindal 19%

1 AM
Alaska - Jindal 55% Bayh 25% Gillibrand 19%

1:15 AM - Jindal takes West Virginia
Jindal 40% Bayh 39% Gillibrand 20%

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »

Election 2020 Final Results, 10:10 AM the day after the election
Kirsten Gillibrand / Mark Warner (D) 36% 226 EV
Bobby Jindal/ Chris Christie (R) 34% 218 EV
Evan Bayh / Norm Coleman (I) 29% 94 EV

11:20 AM - Bobby Jindal concedes defeat

Vice President Bobby Jindal conceded his election defeat, stating that "Although we came close, we have not won the needed amount of voters, both popular and electoral, to prevail in this election. I am so grateful to the millions of Americans who brought our message of conservative leadership forward throughout the course of this campaign."

11:45 AM - Evan Bayh concedes election defeat

Independent Presidential Hopeful Evan Bayh after performing better than any third party candidate since 1948. "Thanks to you, we have won more votes than any third party candidate in U.S. history. Our voices will not be silenced and although we lost the election, the fight continues" Bayh stated.

12:50 PM - Gillibrand accepts victory, will become first female President

President-elect Kirsten Gillibrand accepted victory in the 2020 presidential election. "Our message of common sense leadership has prevailed thanks to the hard work of those who gave this campaign energy and enthusiasm. Now, the governing begins. History has been made for sure, but we have more work to do, all of us, as Americans."

Events from 2020-2040 following this timeline

January 20, 2021 - President Rudy Giuliani leaves office with a 64% approval rating as Kristen Gillibrand is sworn in as President of the United States
2021-2024 - President Gillibrand keeps many of the Giuliani economic policies in place, much of her attention is focused on environmental protection, social security reform, and cutting the payroll tax. She is popular for her first two years in office, but a recession in 2024 creates political problems for her
2024-2028 - In the 2024 election, Chris Christie and running-mate Senator Marco Rubio defeat President Gillibrand and Vice President Warner during the recession. President Christie focuses much of his energy on growing tensions in Syria, as well as reducing the national debt and balancing the budget at home. Christie also implements tax cuts and energy policies which encouraged natrual gas & clean coal. By 2027, the U.S. economy begins growing again.
2028-2032 - President Christie wins a decisive re-election victory, garnering 57% of the popular vote and winning 41 states. He defeats Former Vice President Mark Warner and running-mate Senator Kay Hagan of North Carolina. Christie presides over a growing economy and a military intervention in Syria, which ends a month before his second term is over.
2032-2036 - Governor Chelsea Clinton, who served 6 years in the U.S. Senate, won the 2032 election with running-mate Senator and Former Governor Gavin Newsom of California. They lost the popular vote to GOP nominee Vice President Marco Rubio and running-mate Senator Lynn Jenkins of Kansas. Clinton presided over the implementation of mandated health insurance and record infrastructure investments.
2036-2040 - President Clinton won a close election victory over long-time Senate GOP Leader Kelly Ayyotte and running-mate Former Homeland Security Secretary Duncan Hunter Jr. Clinton garnered 51% of the popular vote and carried 27 states. During her second term, Clinton presided over a slowing economy and growing national debt 
2040 Election - Senator Lynn Jenkins of Kansas and running-mate Governor George P. Bush of Texas win 54% of the popular vote, defeating Vice President Gavin Newsom and running-mate Senator Beau Biden of Delaware
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »

End of thread.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »

Woah woah woah. Wait a minute. This election can't be over. No candidate reached 270 votes. The popular vote was close enough for Jindal to fit on. This election should be in the House and Senate, which as I understand, Republicans control both of. Shouldn't Jindal become Prez?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies