2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:35:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run  (Read 31207 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:17 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2013, 07:35:25 PM by dudeabides »

Unfortunately, I have not created a map for the primary. Sorry.

April 2, 2012 - CBS Poll: Giuliani leads nationally by slim margin

National
Rudy Giuliani 46%
Wesley Clark 45%

Florida
Wesley Clark 47%
Rudy Giuliani 45%

Ohio
Rudy Giuliani 46%
Wesley Clark 46%

Colorado
Wesley Clark 45%
Rudy Giuliani 44%

Pennsylvania
Rudy Giuliani 46%
Wesley Clark 45%

Arkansas
Wesley Clark 48%
Rudy Giuliani 44%

April 5, 2012 - Giuliani talks Iran, Afghanistan in speech

Speaking to an Ohio audience, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Rudy Giuliani discussed what his foreign policy would look like if elected President. Giuliani, who led the effort to sanction Iran, stated that he would "make sure Iran does not get a nuclear weapon by getting the international community to back Iran into a corner." Giuliani also stated that the Clark administration had ignored Iran, and that he would not take the use of military force off the table. Giuliani also said that "I supported President Clark when he announced the surge in Afghanistan. However, it was wrong and politically motivated for the President to announce a withdrawal date from that region."

April 18, 2012 - President Clark signs Federal Civil Union Bill into Law

President Clark signed into law a bill allowing for the federal government to recognize civil unions. "It is a moral obligation for the United States of America to fight for the rights of all it's citizens, including those in the gay and lesbian community" Clark stated before signing the bill into law.

May 20, 2012 - On campaign trail, President Clark attacks Giuliani on taxes, Iran

At a speech in Pennsylvania, President Wesley Clark attacked GOP opponent Rudy Giuliani. "Senator Giuliani believes that if we cut taxes on the wealthy and attack Iran, America will be safer and more prosperous. America needs a President who understands that the way to grow our economy is to invest in our people. We've invested in our people, and we have added 700,000 jobs in the past eight months. America needs a President who understands that foreign policy is about patience and protocol, not politics and war mongering" Clark stated.

June 25, 2012 - Giuliani pledges repeal of Clark health care policies

GOP presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani stated that he would repeal President Clark's health care policies and replace them with his own. "I intend to repeal the Clark health care policies and instead create greater tax deductibility so people can buy their own health insurance. State's will also have the option to establish their own health care pool for kids, but they won't be mandated. We'll continue to have medicaid for the very poor, and SCHIP for poor kids. But, the mandates and the unfunded liabilities associated with those mandates will be repealed if I'm elected President" Giuliani told reporters in Florida.

August 7, 2012 - Rudy Giuliani picks Bobby Jindal for Vice President

Presumptive GOP Presidential nominee Rudy Giuliani selected Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana as his vice presidential running-mate at an event in Dover, NH. "Bobby Jindal has the executive experience necessary to help me lead this country. He understands the issues we face as a people, and he is a solutions-oriented leader" Giuliani said of Jindal. Jindal stated that "Rudy Giuliani has been a tireless advocate on behalf of what is right for the people of America. He has been a leader; whether it be as the Mayor who cleaned up a city, or the senator who never let Washington get to him" Jindal said of Giuliani.

August 27, 2012 - Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) gives 2012 RNC keynote address

Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey gave the keynote address to the 2012 republican national convention. "Now is our time to move our country in a direction which is based off of what is in the best interests of our people, not our political parties" Christie stated during his address.

August 29, 2012 - Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA) accepts GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana accepted his party's vice presidential nomination. "It's time for Americans to come together to finally get things done. Washington has failed to grow our economy. They've failed to fix our health care system. They've failed to get our debt under control. Rudy Giuliani and I will use our respective experiences to bring people together and get things done for the people of America" Jindal said in his acceptance speech.

August 30, 2012 - Sen. Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) accepts GOP Presidential Nomination

Senator Rudy Giuliani of New York officially accepted his party's presidential nomination. "The people of our country have the opportunity to chose a new direction in this election. We'll work hard to cut taxes, gut regulations, and reform our health care system to take burdens off businesses and families, so we can grow our economy and create jobs. We'll exercise fiscal discipline in our nation's capital so we can balance our budget and reduce the national debt. We'll return to a peace through strength foreign policy so America can again be respected globally, and Americans can be ensured security here at home" Giuliani said in his acceptance speech.

September 3, 2012 - Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) gives keynote address to Democratic National Convention

Senator Barack Obama of Illinois gave the keynote address to the Democratic National Convention. "This administration has expanded health care coverage to nearly every child in America, and to millions of adults. They've fought to raise the minimum wage and cut taxes on working families. They've reformed medicare and social security for future generations. This administration has fought for you, now it is our turn, in this election, to fight to re-elect President Clark in the fall" Obama stated.

September 5, 2012 - Vice President Feingold accepts re-election nomination

Vice President Russ Feingold accepted the nomination of his party for Vice President. "This administration has actively fought for working families in America. We have expanded health care coverage while preserving medicare and social security. We have seen the creation of over 700,000 jobs in the past eight months thanks to our economic policies. Yet, Rudy Giuliani and the republicans want to repeal our health care plan, they want to give another tax cut to the well off, and they want to privatize social security. Sadly, their priorities are not America's priorities" Feingold stated.

September 6, 2012 - President Clark accepts re-election nomination

President Wesley Clark accepted the Democratic Presidential Nomination for another term. "This election is not about me, it's about where we are headed as a people. We have fought, over the past 4 years, to ensure that no American goes to bed without health insurance. Instead of fighting to cut taxes on the well off, we've cut taxes on 98% of taxpayers. We've made sure our seniors continue to have social security and medicare. In a new term, we will continue to protect the middle class and workers in this country. We will also continue to achieve victory in Afghanistan. We will secure peace in that region, and we will continue to broaden prosperity here at home" Clark stated in his speech.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »

October 10, 2012 - President Clark, Giuliani hold first debate

During their first presidential debate focusing on domestic policy issues, President Wesley Clark and Senator Rudy Giuliani presented their visions to the American public. Emphasizing health care, education, and middle-class tax relief, President Clark portrayed himself as a steady leader who understood the concerns of ordinary Americans. "For the past four years, I have fought to make sure no parent in America has to worry about their kids going without health insurance, we've expanded health care. We will continue to make sure every American who needs health care has it" Clark stated. Rudy Giuliani, by contrast, argued the Clark administration had failed to stimulate economic growth, citing sluggish jobs numbers and declining average incomes. Giuliani argued that his economic plan, the center piece of which is a $1.2 trillion tax cut over 10 years, was necessary to again stimulate economic growth. "Under this administration, we have experienced the worst economy since the Great Depression, with family income falling more than $3,800 on average. In my view, we need a President who will focus on stimulating our economy through tax policy, regulatory policy, and health care policy" Giuliani said. 

Who won the first debate CBS Poll
Rudy Giuliani 47%
Wesley Clark 41%

October 15, 2012 - Feingold, Jindal hold Vice Presidential Debate

Vice President Russ Feingold and Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA) held a vice presidential debate. Emphasizing health care expansion, entitlement reform, and success in Afghanistan, Vice President Russ Feingold made the case that re-electing President Clark would be beneficial. "President Clark and I have fought tirelessly so more Americans have health insurance, including 80% of all American children. I was happy to fight to reform social security and medicare on a bi-partisan basis. We are making progress in Afghanistan. The fact of the matter is, a new term will enable us to not only continue on the progress we've made, but to make new investments in education, the environment, and in the health of every citizen" Feingold stated. GOP Vice Presidential Nominee Bobby Jindal argued that the Clark administration was wrong on the economy and health care, and that only a new administration could fix the nation's problems. "Rudy Giuliani and I understand that this administration's misguided economic and health care policies have resulted in higher costs of health insurance, fewer jobs, and more debt. We need to put in place free market policies which will help broaden prosperity for every American" Jindal stated.

Who won the Vice Presidential Debate Fox News Poll
Russ Feingold 46%
Bobby Jindal 45%

October 21, 2012 - Clark, Giuliani hold foreign policy debate

President Clark and Senator Giuliani debated a series of foreign policy and national security related issues during their second presidential debate. President Clark defended his administration's decision to send in 20,000 more troops into Afghanistan, and Senator Giuliani defended his support of the administration's Afghanistan strategy, though he was critical of the President for announcing a date for withdrawal. Both men also agreed to increase funding for veterans health care and to give aid to Syrian rebels, though they differed on the use of military force in Syria; Senator Giuliani arguing that the U.S. should consider force, while the President denying he was considering using force. The candidates greatest area of difference was on Iran. "In the Senate, I fought for harsh sanctions against Iran, and those sanctions have been in place for more than three years now. I think it's time we go even further and rally the world behind committing to not allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. This administration has been ineffective in doing so" Rudy Giuliani stated. "Our administration has chosen not to publicize, or politicize, Iranian sanctions, but they are in place. My opponent wants to go to war with Iran. I don't. That is basically the biggest foreign policy difference between us" President Clark retorted.

Who won the second presidential debate CNN poll
Wesley Clark 49%
Rudy Giuliani 40%

October 28, 2012 - Final Presidential Debate
GOP Presidential Nominee Rudy Giuliani and President Wesley Clark held their final presidential debate, this time in a town hall style format. Referring to himself as an "independent reformer", Rudy Giuliani told Americans that he felt 2012 was the most decisive election since 1980. "You have a choice in this election. We can continue to see America's economy be weak with incomes falling and debt rising, or we can grow our private sector again by cutting taxes and burdensome regulations. We can continue to have a muddled foreign policy, or we can have a peace through strength foreign policy" Giuliani stated. President Clark, telling Americans they were better off now than in 2008, stated that "Our economy is stronger, more of our people have health care, the world is more certain, and there is no reason to go back to the failed policies of the last decade when we can move forward with confidence."

Who won final debate ABC Poll 
Rudy Giuliani 47%
Wesley Clark 43%

November 5, 2012 - In Ohio, Giuliani holds final campaign rally of 2012 bid

Alongside Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ), Representative Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), GOP Presidential Nominee Senator Rudy Giuliani held his final campaign rally of the 2012 election cycle. "Tomorrow, America has the opportunity to move in a new direction. We have a chance to fight to revive our economy. I've proposed a tax cut which will cut personal taxes on every single taxpayer while cutting taxes on businesses so we can create more jobs. I've proposed a health care plan which will increase competition and portability, and we'll make health insurance more tax deductible so people can buy their own insurance. We'll have an American energy policy so we can create jobs in the energy sector and end our dependence on foreign sources of oil. I have proposed a plan to cut our debt in half within a decade by reforming social security and medicare, not re-hiring retiring civilian employees, and by reducing the size of the federal government via attrition. Tomorrow, you have the opportunity to vote for a safer world, in which we have steady leadership from someone who understands the world we live in" Giuliani stated.

November 5, 2012 - President Clark holds final rally in Florida

At an event with Former President Bill Clinton, President Wesley Clark held his final campaign rally in the swing state of Florida. "You have helped me ensure that every child in America, and low income adults, have access to quality health care. You have helped me reform social security and medicare to preserve it for future generations. You have helped me cut taxes on working families. You have helped me ensure that we succeed in Afghanistan. Tomorrow, I'm asking you to please help me help America. In a new term, we can continue to invest in education, the environment, and health care. We can continue to fight for working families in America, and to do what matters to our families. I'm asking for your vote because I look forward to serving America for 4 more years!" Clark stated.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »

this is an awesome timeline, but is there any projection maps?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2013, 09:01:56 PM by dudeabides »

this is an awesome timeline, but is there any projection maps?

No, but I will have those for the next election!

November 6, 2012 - Election Night

7 PM
Indiana - Giuliani 59% Clark 40%
Georgia - Giuliani 55% Clark 44%
Kentucky - Giuliani 54% Clark 45%
South Carolina - Giuliani 53% Clark 46%
Vermont - Clark 61% Giuliani 38%
Virginia - Too Close to Call

7:30 PM
North Carolina - Giuliani 51% Clark 48%
Ohio - Too Close to Call
West Virginia - Giuliani 56% Clark 43%

8 PM
Alabama - Giuliani 58% Clark 41%
Connecticut - Too Close to Call
Delaware - Clark 57% Giuliani 42%
D.C. - Clark 91% Giuliani 8%
Florida - Too Close to Call
Illinois - Clark 60% Giuliani 39%
Maine - Too Close to Call
Maryland - Clark 57% Giuliani 42%
Massachusetts - Clark 72% Giuliani 27%
Mississippi - Too Close to Call
Missouri - Giuliani 55% Clark 44%
New Hampshire - Too Close to Call
New Jersey - Too Close to Call
Oklahoma - Giuliani 76% Clark 23%
Pennsylvania - Too Close to Call
Rhode Island - Clark 74% Giuliani 25%
Tennessee - Giuliani 58% Clark 41%

8:12 PM - Clark carries Maine, Connecticut
Maine - Clark 53% Giuliani 46%
Connecticut - Clark 52% Giuliani 47%

8:30 PM - Clark carries Arkansas
Clark 51% Giuliani 48%

8:33 PM - Giuliani carries Mississippi
Giuliani 54% Clark 45%

9 PM
Arizona - Giuliani 55% Clark 43%
Colorado - Too Close to Call
Kansas - Giuliani 61% Clark 37%
Louisiana - Giuliani 59% Clark 49%
Michigan - Clark 53% Giuliani 46%
Minnesota - Clark 55% Giuliani 44%
Nebraska - Giuliani 62% Clark 37%
New York - Too Close to Call
South Dakota - Giuliani 65% Clark 33%
Texas - Giuliani 56% Clark 43%
Wisconsin - Too Close to Call
Wyoming - Giuliani 79% Clark 20%

9:27 PM - Giuliani wins New Hampshire
Giuliani 50% Clark 49%

10 PM
Iowa - Too Close to Call
Montana - Giuliani 52% Clark 46%
Nevada - Too Close to Call
Utah - Giuliani 60% Clark 39%

10:22 PM - Giuliani carries Ohio
Giuliani 51% Clark 48%

10:25 PM - Giuliani carries New Jersey
Giuliani 49.5% Clark 49.4%

10:33 PM - Clark carries New York
Clark 53% Giuliani 46%

10:44 PM - Giuliani carries Wisconsin
Giuliani 49.2% Clark 49.1%

10:55 PM - Giuliani carries Florida
Giuliani 51% Clark 48%

11:02 PM - Giuliani carries Virginia, Nevada
Virginia - Giuliani 50% Clark 48%
Nevada - Giuliani 49.8% Clark 49.2%

11:10 PM
Wesley Clark Concedes Presidential Election

President Wesley Clark conceded the 2012 presidential election to GOP challenger Rudy Giuliani at an event in Little Rock, Arkansas. "For the past 4 years, it has been my honor to serve the American people. Together, we have come a long way from the dark days of 2008. But, tonight, Americans have chosen a new President. While I am disappointed in tonight's result, the American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A few moments ago, I spoke with Rudy Giuliani and offered him my concession" Clark stated.

11:27 - Clark carries Iowa, New Mexico. Giuliani carries Pennsylvania, Colorado
Iowa - Clark 55% Giuliani 43%
New Mexico - Clark 51% Giuliani 48%
Pennsylvania - Giuliani 49.8% Clark 49.1%
Colorado - Giuliani 51% Clark 47%

11:35 PM - AP: Rudy Giuliani elected President

12:05 AM - Rudy Giuliani accepts victory in presidential election

President-elect Rudy Giuliani accepted victory at an event in New York City. "I am so grateful for the vote of confidence my fellow citizens have given me. Tonight, we have taken our ideas and put them to the test, and the American people have overwhelmingly supported our cause of a better future for all Americans. I am humbled and thankful to my fellow citizens, and I understand the great responsibility you have bestowed upon me" Giuliani stated.

2012 Presidential Election
Rudy Giuliani / Bobby Jindal (R) 52% 323 EV
Wesley Clark / Russ Feingold (D) 46% 215 EV
Other 2%

Key U.S. Senate Race Calls

Arizona: Mitt Romney beats Janet Napolitano 54%-45%

Missouri: Claire McCaskill wins re-election over Todd Akin, 57%-42%

New Jersey: Bob Menendez wins re-election over Joe Kyrillos, 51%-48%

Florida: Bill Nelson wins re-election over Connie Mack, 50%-49%

Virginia: Tim Kaine beats George Allen by 15,000 votes

Wisconsin: Tommy Thompson beats Tammy Baldwin by 30,000 votes
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »

Nice map.... Smiley
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »

Thank You, my friend! Next time, I'll do 1-2 projection maps as well.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »

January 20, 2013 - Giuliani, Jindal sworn in

The Giuliani Administration

Secretary of State Condi Rice

Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz

Assistant Secretary of Defense Tommy Franks

Secretary of Homeland Security Marsha Blackburn

National Security Advisor Liz Cheney

U.N. Ambassador Jon Huntsman Jr.

U.S. Trade Representative Meg Whitman

Chairperson, President's Council of Economic Advisors Art Laffer

Secretary of Commerce Larry Kudlow

Secretary of Treasury Steve Forbes

Secretary of Energy Newt Gingrich

Chief of Staff Peter King

Secretary of Education Laura Bush

Secretary of Health & Human Services Bill Frist

Secretary of Labor Morry Taylor

Secretary of HUD Cory Booker

Attorney General Norm Coleman

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »

January 28, 2013 - In first State of the Union, President Giuliani calls on Congress to pass $1.2 trillion tax cut, health care overhaul

In his first state of the union address, President Rudy Giuliani called on congress to pass his $1.2 trillion tax cut and health care plan immediately. "The tax cut we propose today will help cut individual tax rates on every single American by 25%. By cutting income taxes across the board by 25%, we renew our commitment to Americans to keep more of what they earn. By cutting our corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%, we will be able to again be competitive in a global economy. By cutting the capital gains tax from 15% to 8.5%, we will be able to encourage investment in our economy" Giuliani said of his tax plan. Of his health care plan, Giuliani stated that "By increasing tax deductibility, passing health insurance tort reform, allowing for tax deductible health insurance group pools, and allowing for people to buy insurance across state lines, we will reduce the cost of health care and increase ownership of that care" the President stated.

In Democratic response, Congressman Chris Van Hollen talks energy, taxes

In his Democratic response to President Giuliani's first State of the Union Address, Congressman Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) stated that democrats were interested in working on the issues of energy and tax reform. "The Democratic Party wants to reform our tax code just as much as the republicans. We propose cutting taxes on middle class families and paying for the tax cuts by closing corporate loopholes and reversing the tax cuts on those making over $250,000 per year" Van Hollen stated. "Democrats are also interested in making sure our country becomes independent of foreign sources of oil. We believe in extending clean energy tax credits and investing in ethanol, solar, wind, and clean coal" Van Hollen said of his party's position on energy.

Feb 10, 2013 - President Giuliani signs bi-partisan, $900 billion tax cut into law

President Giuliani signed into law a $900 billion tax cut, which reduced taxes in most of the areas he sought to, though democrats stopped some aspects of the tax cuts from becoming law. While the administration got what it wanted on the corporate side, a 25% rate went into effect, it did not get everything it wanted. The 25% reduction in income taxes on applied to those making less than $250,000 per year, or the lower 4 tax brackets saw a 25% reduction. The wealthy would pay the same. The capital gains tax was lowered from 15% to 10%, not 8.5% as the administration had wanted.

March 5, 2013 - Giuliani VS. Obama on health care

President Giuliani and Senator Barack Obama of Illinois called on congress to pass opposing health care plans. Giuliani's bill would repeal the Clark administration's health care policies and replace them with increasing the tax deductibility of health care, tort reform, allowing people to buy insurance across state lines, health care pools for lower-income Americans which would be 90% tax deductible, and a health care savings account. By contrast, Senator Obama's proposal would mandate health insurance coverage for every single American and expand President Clark's health care mandate to 100% of the population.

May 1, 2013 - Giuliani, Democrats come to health care agreement

After nearly two months of bickering, President Giuliani and democratic leaders came to an agreement on health care. Under the agreement, states would no longer be required to establish health exchanges, though they could offer tax-deductible health insurance pools for middle-income individuals with funding from the federal government. Additionally, medicaid expansion would only take place on a third of those whom it was expected to take place on. However, states would receive federal funding for SCHIP programs at the state level. Two major parts of the Giuliani proposal, tax deductibility and allowing people to buy health care across state lines, would become law. The new law would also save nearly $250 billion over a decade as compared to the previous law, and mandates would be repealed.

June 1, 2013 - Giuliani signs executive order allowing for oil drilling on federal lands, calls on congress to allow for leasing lands

President Giuliani signed an executive order which would suspend most regulations on oil drilling on federal lands. Giuliani also called on congress to pass a law which would allow the federal government to lease unused land with oil in it to private companies.

June 25, 2013 - Wall Street Journal: Giuliani tax cut led to increased hiring in June

According to a study by The Wall Street Journal, hiring in the private sector economy increased in June due to the tax cuts President Giuliani passed.

July 2, 2013 - Unemployment Down: June best economic month since 2008

The U.S. economy added 230,000 jobs in June 2013, the best month on record since February of 2008. The unemployment rate ticked down from 8.5% to 8.3%.

August 5, 2013 - President Giuliani campaigns for Governor Chris Christie Re-election

President Giuliani campaigned for the re-election of Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey, calling Christie "a reformer who has exercised fiscal discipline and has led New Jersey in the right direction."

August 27, 2013 - Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) campaigns for New Jersey State Sen. Barbra Buono

Senator Barack Obama of Illinois campaigned for New Jersey Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate State Senator Barbra Buono. Obama stated that Buono "was the candidate of working men and women in the state of New Jersey."

September 20, 2013 - Giuliani calls on congress to pass immigration reform

President Giuliani proposed his immigration reform proposal at a speech in Denver, CO. The $5 billion Giuliani proposal called for a full length border fence, motion detectors along the border fence, increased funding of "catch and release" programs, the implementation of e-verify, and amnesty for those in the nation illegally who served in the armed services. However, the plan did not feature a guest worker program, nor a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers.

September 28, 2013 - Chris Van Hollen proposes alternate immigration proposal

Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland proposed an alternate immigration reform plan to the Giuliani plan. The Van Hollen plan called for increased border patrol agents at the border, a 6 month guest worker program, and a pathway to citizenship for those in the U.S. illegally.

October 5, 2013 - Sen. John Kerry: Giuliani administration needs Afghanistan end game

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts called on the Giuliani administration to propose an exit strategy from Afghanistan. "After more than 12 years of war, Americans deserve to know the administration's exit strategy from Afghanistan" Kerry stated. 

Election Day 2013 Results

New Jersey Gubernatorial
Chris Christie (R) 55%
Barbra Buono (D) 44%
Other 1%

Virginia Gubernatorial
Terry McAuliffe (D) 51%
Ken Cuccinelli (R) 48%
Other 1%

New York City Mayoral
Christine Quinn (D) 60%
Joe Lhota (R) 38%
Other 2%

December 1, 2013 - Giuliani signs immigration reform into law

President Giuliani signed into law an immigration bill that secured the southern border, established an employment verification database, established a pathway to legal residency, and reduced the cost of obtaining a green card for legal immigrants by a third.

December 10, 2013 - Kerry: Time to withdrawal from Afghanistan

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts stated that he felt the U.S. should withdrawal from Afghanistan. "The United States has fought in Afghanistan for 12 years, I think it's time we realize we did important work there, but that it is now time to come home" Kerry stated.

December 15, 2013 - Giuliani: U.S. will succeed in Afghanistan, no timeline for withdrawal

President Giuliani stated, in response to Senator John Kerry's call for a withdrawal from Afghanistan, that "The United States is fighting a very tough battle in Afghanistan, and unfortunately we began to ignore the situation there for 3, 4 years. As a result, we continue to be there, and will continue to be there as long as it takes to secure victory, which is when Afghanistan is a functioning democracy and a stable state" Giuliani stated.

December 28, 2013 - At year's end, Giuliani approval at 65%, Confidence in U.S. economy increased

According to a survey from CBS News, 65% of Americans approve of the job performance of President Rudy Giuliani, while 30% disapprove and 5% are undecided. At the same time, 62% of Americans are confident in the U.S. economy, while 25% are unhappy with the direction of the U.S. economy, and 13% are undecided. 51% of Americans feel the nation is headed in the right direction, 40% believe its headed in the wrong direction, and 9% are undecided.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »

January 25, 2014 - President Giuliani proposes budget slashing federal spending by 7.2%

President Rudy Giuliani proposed a budget which slashed federal spending by 7.2%. The plan reduced spending on 65% of domestic programs with exemptions for veterans health care, medicare, medicaid, social security, SCHIP, pell grants, some federal research grants, and unemployment benefits. The cuts were primarily concentrated in subsidy programs, agricultural programs, funding for the arts, and welfare programs in which the federal government assisted states.

February 17, 2014 - Giuliani signs budget, slightly modified

President Giuliani signed a budget slashing federal spending by 7%. The budget increased funding for veterans health care, homeland security, and clean energy tax credits. It kept unemployment benefits, education, pell grants, entitlements, and military spending at similar levels to the year before (a 0.02% increase). However, it cut spending for agriculture and other federal-state partnership programs, the budget also slashed funding for the EPA (slightly) and, in exchange, republicans agreed to eliminate corporate loopholes for "companies that ship jobs overseas".

March 22, 2014 - Giuliani, Kerry continue Afghanistan spar

President Rudy Giuliani and Senator John Kerry (D-MA) continued to spar over the U.S. mission in Afghanistan, with Kerry calling for the U.S. to withdrawal from Afghanistan, and Giuliani insisting the mission was not yet over.

April 27, 2014 - Giuliani signs tax simplification & reform bill into law

President Giuliani signed into law a tax reform bill which closed several corporate loopholes and which reduced the U.S. tax code to 290 pages.

May 15, 2014 - Sen. Barack Obama proposes gun control legislation

Senator Barack Obama of Illinois proposed a series of gun control measures which re-en-stated the expired assault weapons ban and created a universal back round check law.

May 22, 2014 - GOP rejects Obama gun proposal, Giuliani opposes assault weapon ban

Congressional republicans voted down a proposal by Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) to ban assault weapons, though republicans remained open to a universal back round check.

June 1, 2014 - Giuliani signs Obama bill creating universal background check, closing gun show loophole

President Rudy Giuliani signed into law Senator Barack Obama's bill which established universal backround checks for all gun purchases and closed the "gun show loophole."

July 5, 2014 - Sen. John Kerry hits trail for Democrats in New Jersey, New Hampshire, Massachusetts

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts hit the campaign trail on behalf of democratic candidates seeking office in New Jersey, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Kerry stated that "Americans need leaders who are willing to cut spending by asking the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes. Americans need leaders who are willing to bring the war in Afghanistan to a conclusion. Americans need leaders who are going to fight to combat global warming as opposed to ignoring our environment as this administration has done."

July 21, 2014 - Giuliani calls for Federal School Choice law

President Giuliani called on congress to pass a "Federal School Choice Law" in which every federal educational dollar would follow the child as opposed to direct funding to schools.

August 1, 2014 - Chris Van Hollen campaigns for Democrats in Iowa, Wisconsin

Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland campaigned for democratic candidates in Iowa and Wisconsin. Van Hollen attacked the Giuliani administration's approach to taxes, health care, and the war in Afghanistan.

September 22, 2014 - Giuliani signs Educational Choice & Funding Act into law

President Giuliani signed into law the "Educational Choice & Funding Act" into law, which guarantees that all federal educational dollars would follow pupils while expanding choice in education nationwide.

October 17, 2014 - Pres. Giuliani campaigns for GOP candidates

President Rudy Giuliani campaigned on behalf of GOP candidates, stating that "The Republican Party has helped me cut taxes to stimulate economic growth, and we've created 2.2 million jobs since I've been President. The Republican Party has helped me cut federal spending by 7%, and we are on our way to a balanced budget. We need to elect republicans to continue on this economic recovery" Giuliani stated.

Election 2014 - GOP wins back U.S. Senate, House

Republicans won the 2014 elections; they won back the U.S. Senate and the House.

Key Senate Races

New Jersey - Cory Booker (D) 61% Geraldo Rivera (R) 38%
Massachusetts - John Kerry (D) 66% Jack E. Robinson (R) 34%
Alaska - Sarah Palin (R) 51% Mark Begich (D) 48%
Colorado - Jane Norton (R) 50% Mark Udall (D) 49%
Iowa - Steve Deace (R) 49.7% Bruce Braley (D) 49.2%
Michigan - Saul Anuzis (R) 50% Jennifer Grammholm (D) 49%
Minnesota - Al Franken (D) 60% Michele Bachmann (R) 39%
Virginia - Mark Warner (D) 81% Unopposed
West Virginia - Shelley Moore Capito (R) 55% Nick Rahall (D) 44%
New York - Kristen Gillibrand (D) 53% Rick Lazio (R) 46%
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »

Nice updates Smiley The only problem I have with your TL is that republicans win almost every election cycle.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »

Nice updates Smiley The only problem I have with your TL is that republicans win almost every election cycle.

I think that he just wanted Giuliani as Pres....I think there are going to be some Democratic wins soon..... Oh dudeabides, I think that you should have a little more action (scandals, Pres loses nomination, assassinations, etc.) just to get a little more view counts... Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2013, 12:27:49 PM »

I think that he just wanted Giuliani as Pres....I think there are going to be some Democratic wins soon..... Oh dudeabides, I think that you should have a little more action (scandals, Pres loses nomination, assassinations, etc.) just to get a little more view counts... Wink

Yes, some Congressman resigning, a war in Pakistan... Something like that, that shakes it all.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2013, 10:39:17 PM by dudeabides »

Yes, some Congressman resigning, a war in Pakistan... Something like that, that shakes it all.

Thank You. I thought about doing a war, but felt like people would think I was a war monger. But, okay, I'll go ahead with that.

January 8, 2015 - GOP selects Cantor for Speaker, Ayotte for senate leader as Democrats pick Pelosi for House leader, Obama for senate leader

House Republicans chose Eric Cantor (R-VA) to be House Speaker and Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) to be House Majority Leader. Senate republicans chose Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) to be their leader in the U.S. Senate, and John Thune (R-SD) to be the #2 Senate Republican. Mean while, Democrats again chose Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to lead them in the House, and again chose Steny Hoyer (D-MD) to be their #2 House leader. In the U.S. Senate, Democrats chose Barack Obama (D-IL) as Senate Minority Leader and Claire McCaskill (D-MO) as Senate Minority Whip.

January 15, 2015 - Senator John Kerry launches 2016 presidential bud

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts launched a 2016 presidential campaign from Manchester, NH. Emphasizing withdrawal from the war in Afghanistan, gun control, environmental protection, and health care as top issues, Kerry stated that "I have the experience to lead, and I have the best chance of victory in 2016".

January 27, 2015 - Carol Moseley Braun enters presidential race  

Former Defense Secretary Carol Moseley Braun entered the presidential race emphasizing education, energy, and national security as top campaign issues. "Our country needs a leader who will unite all of our people. Sadly, this administration has divided Americans" Braun stated.

Feb. 1, 2015 - Giuliani signs free trade with Israel into law

President Giuliani signed a bill into law allowing for the U.S. to trade with Israel freely.

Feb. 10, 2015 - Wolfowitz: Congress should give President Giuliani the authorization to use force against Iran "If we need it"

Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz called on congress to give President Giuliani the authority to use force against the Iranian regime "If the U.S. should have occasion in which all other, non-military options have failed."

March 10, 2015 - Chris Van Hollen enters presidential race

During an interview with CNN, Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland entered the presidential race. "I'm running for President in 2016. Look, I think it's clear someone has to stand up to this administration. They're wrong on taxes, they're wrong on health care, they are completely irresponsible and unaccountable on Afghanistan. I think that my service in congress prepares me to be a better President than Rudy Giuliani" Van Hollen stated.

March 22, 2015 - CBS Poll: Kerry is Democratic front-runner nationally

National Democratic Primary
John Kerry 33%
Russ Feingold 27%
Carol Moseley Braun 18%
Chris Van Hollen 12%
Deval Patrick 6%
Nancy Pelosi 3%
Other 1%

March 17, 2015 - Along party lines, Congress votes to give Giuliani Iran War authorization

Along party lines, congressional and senate republicans voted to give President Giuliani the authorization to use force against the Iranian regime. Only one GOP Senator, Kentucky's Rand Paul, voted against the authorization while only two Democratic Senators, Mark Warner of Virginia and Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania, voted with the President. Twelve House Republicans and Six House Democrats also voted against their party.

April 5, 2015 - Pres. Giuliani calls on congress to pass energy bill deregulating oil, nuclear power, coal, natural gas

President Giuliani called on congress to pass legislation de-regulating the oil industry by only setting basic environmental guidelines for oil drilling, while making it easier to obtain permits for drilling. Giuliani also announced his support for $20 billion over 8 years in tax credits for the production of nuclear power, clean coal, and natural gas. The plan would be paid for by "reducing subsidies in favor of credits".

April 12, 2015 - Deval Patrick announces presidential run

Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts announced his intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Citing the environment, education, and health care as top campaign issues, Patrick declared he was running "due to the fact Washington is broken, and it's time for an outsider to go to Washington to get things done."

May 4, 2015 - Russ Feingold: I won't be a presidential candidate in 2016

Former Vice President Russ Feingold surprised many in the political arena by announcing he would not be running for President in 2016. "Traditionally, it would be assumed that I would run for President next year since I was the last sitting Vice President of the other party. But, I have decided I won't be a candidate for President. I am very happy with being back in the private sector in Wisconsin, and I believe that while there are a lot of issues I personally care deeply about, this is not the time for me to launch a national campaign" Feingold stated.

May 7, 2015 - Former Sen. Chris Dodd enters presidential race

Former U.S. Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut entered the presidential race. "I'm running for President because I believe that Democrats need an experienced leader who can beat Wesley Clark and fight for the American worker as commander-in-chief" Dodd stated.  

May 10, 2015 - Jay Nixon enters presidential race

Governor Jay Nixon of Missouri entered the presidential race for 2016. "We need a President who will actually balance the federal budget, not one who says he will. We need a President who will actually fix health care, not one who puts in place policies which do nothing about the real issues associated with health care. We need a President who will end the war in Afghanistan, not one who intends to continue the war there forever" Nixon stated.

May 15, 2015 - President Giuliani: U.S. will intervene in Iran

President Giuliani announced that the U.S. would intervene in Iran to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon. "After seven years of failed attempts of diplomacy, with the authority congress has given me, I have ordered our military to perform combat operations to insure the Iranian regime does not acquire nuclear weapons."

May 21, 2015 - Kerry: Giuliani Iran policy "immoral and unnecessary"

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, a 2016 presidential candidate, stated that "President Giuliani's experiment in Iran is dangerous, immoral, and unnecessary" Kerry stated.

June 1, 2015 - Obama calls for campaign finance reform

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) called on congress to pass campaign finance reform which would "seek to undo what Citizens United has done."

June 18, 2015 - Ed Rendell to run for President

Former Governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell made a surprise announcement on MSNBC that he would be seeking the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2016. "As a Governor, I fought for the working men and women in Pennsylvania. Someone needs to be their champion in this campaign. I'll stand up to raise the minimum wage, for universal health care, and to end the war in Iran because America only should go to war when we have to" Rendell stated.

July 8, 2015 - President Giuliani signs Obama/Rubio bill on campaign finance reform

President Rudy Giuliani signed a campaign finance reform law put forward by Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) and Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) which made public every dollar a corporation spent on lobbying and public consulting.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

Cry No Obama 2016 Cry
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:08 PM »

I didn't know it was possible to cut funding for the arts even more, so congratulations (sarcastically) to President Giuliani for finding a way... Sad
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2013, 07:30:38 AM »

Chris Dodd thinks he's running against Clark hahaha..

Only onld people running (+Deval Patrick). I'm supporting Kerry, again.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »

Clark was defeated in the 2012 election after serving one term as President.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2013, 12:56:06 PM by dudeabides »

August 10, 2015 - President Giuliani announces Afghanistan withdrawal

President Giuliani stated that the U.S. would begin withdrawing troops from Afghanistan by the end of the year, but would not specify a date in which combat operations would be over.

August 12, 2015 - Obama calls on Giuliani to announce Afghanistan withdrawal date

Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) called on President Giuliani to announce a date specific when combat operations in Afghanistan would end.

August 17, 2015 - Vice President Jindal launches initiative to reform medicare

Vice President Bobby Jindal launched an initiative to reform medicare, calling on congress to work with him on "real reforms to the medicare program to keep it for future generations."

August 25, 2015 - Sen. Elizabeth Warren endorses John Kerry for President, signs on as national campaign co-chair

Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts endorsed Senator John Kerry's presidential campaign, stating that "John Kerry has been a leader on foreign policy and domestic issues for over three decades. He has the experience to lead this country".

September 1, 2015 - In Democratic Debate, candidates define themselves

In the the fourth Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate in New Hampshire, candidates seeking the presidential nomination of the Democratic Party sought to define themselves from each other. "I'm running for President to restore the American dream, and so our country can have a foreign policy in which we spend more time creating peace as opposed to going to war" stated Senator John Kerry. Candidate Chris Van Hollen stated that "I'm in this race because the Giuliani administration has gutted crucial programs to try and reduce the national debt. What we need is to restore the dangerous cuts in health care and education, restore an American foreign policy based on the truth, not war mongering, and reduce our national debt by asking the wealthy and special interets to pay their fair share of taxes." Ed Rendell stated that "Working Americans deserve a President who is pro-union, for raising the minimum wage, for universal health care, and for trade agreements that are beneficial to our workers." Chris Dodd said that "I have the experience to lead this country on the issues that matter to every American. I want to ensure that every child in America has a quality education, every adult in America can provide for their families, and that we stop sending our soldiers off to war without a plan to secure victory." Deval Patrick told voters that "We need a Washington outsider who can get things done. My opponents talk about education, I've actually made a difference in helping to educate America's youth as a Governor. My opponents talk about fiscal discipline, I've had to balance budgets every year as a Governor. My opponents talk about ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iran, but they have not done anything in congress to do so. We need a leader, someone with that leadership experience who can go to Washington and get things done." Jay Nixon stated that "I am a Bill Clinton Democrat who will defend a woman's right to choose, fight to reduce crime by adding police to our streets, and I'll be a careful steward of our planet. But, I'll also fight to balance budgets, cut taxes on working families, and make sure government is more effective, not bigger." Candidate Carol Moseley Braun stated that "It's time the democratic party nominated someone who would be an advocate on behalf of every single American. I've called for an end to the war in Afghanistan, for a health care plan that can pass congress in both parties, a tax cut for 98% of taxpayers, and an education reform plan which could enjoy bi-partisan support. We need to be practical, and we need to advocate common sense".

October 5, 2015 - President Giuliani launches re-election campaign

At a rally in Morristown, NJ, President Rudy Giuliani launched his 2016 re-election campaign. "I'm running for President for 4 more years because we need to continue to keep our country safe, we need to continue to grow our economy by keeping taxes low and regulations to a minimum, and we need to keep in place the policies that have resulted in greater job creation, less federal spending, and the best housing market in a decade" the President stated.

October 12, 2015 - CBS Poll: Giuliani would beat all Democratic Candidates

National General Election Match-ups

Rudy Giuliani 52%
John Kerry 39%

Rudy Giuliani 55%
Chris Van Hollen 37%

Rudy Giuliani 56%
Ed Rendell 37%

Rudy Giuliani 56%
Chris Dodd 36%

Rudy Giuliani 55%
Deval Patrick 38%

Rudy Giuliani 51%
Carol Moseley Braun 39%

Rudy Giuliani 57%
Jay Nixon 38%

October 25, 2015 - Giuliani signs medicare voucher plan advocated by Vice President Bobby Jindal

President Giuliani signed into law a medicare voucher program which made medicare a voucher program for those whose income exceeded $55,000 per year prior to their retirement. It also called on those with lower incomes to be offered a premium support medicare plan.

November 10, 2015 - Giuliani: U.S. to end combat forces in Afghanistan by June 5, 2016

President Giuliani announced that the combat mission in Afghanistan would be over by June 5, 2016.

November 14, 2015 - NY Times: Dodd kept woman on side

The New York Times reported that Former U.S. Senator Chris Dodd had carried on an extramarital affair with a female staffer between June of 2006 and August of 2015. The woman, identified as a former Dodd staffer who now was on the staff of U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, was 18 years Dodd's junior.

November 15, 2015 - Dodd denies NY Times story

Democratic Presidential Hopeful Chris Dodd denied any extramarital affair, claiming that "The New York Times is listening to pure here-say. I have always been loyal to my wife."

November 21, 2015 - Former Vice President Russ Feingold endorses Carol Mouseley Braun for President

Former Vice President Russ Feingold endorsed the presidential campaign of Carol Moseley Braun, calling Ms. Braun "The best qualified person to win the 2016 election and the candidate who has the boldest vision to end the war in Iran and reform our educational system".

December 2, 2015 - Economy adds 337,000 jobs, unemployment hits lowest level in seven years

In November of 2015, the U.S. economy added 337,000 jobs. Unemployment fell from 7.9% down to 7.5%, the lowest unemployment rate since the summer of 2008.

December 5, 2015 - U.S. budget to be balanced in 2016

According to the bi-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the federal budget will be balanced by the end of 2016, as federal revenues increased by 15% in 2014 and the first half of 2015. The CBO also projected that for the first time since the late 1990s, the national debt was projected to be reduced; from $16 trillion in 2014 to $13.7 trillion at the end of 2015.

December 20, 2015 - Giuliani ends 2015 with 62% approval

According to a CNN Poll, President Giuliani ends 2015 with a 62% approval rating; 62% of those polled approve of the President's job performance, 35% disapprove, and 3% are undecided or neutral.

Democratic Iowa Caucus

Carol Moseley Braun 36%
Chris Van Hollen 25%
John Kerry 20%
Deval Patrick 9%
Ed Rendell 4%
Jay Nixon 2%
Chris Dodd 1%
Other 3%

January 12, 2016 - AP: Dodd named in prostitution scandal

The Associate Press reported that according to FBI reports, Former U.S. Senator and Democratic Presidential Hopeful Chris Dodd had solicited prostitutes 274 times between 2010 and 2014, according to telephone records showing Dodd had contacted a known prostitution ring in the Washington D.C. area.

January 15, 2016 - Dodd acknowledges allegations, exits presidential race

Democratic Presidential Hopeful Chris Dodd acknowledged that he had been named in a prostitution scandal, and exited the presidential race. "My reputation is on the line, and I need to fight these allegations. As such, it is not in the interest of my career or my country for me to remain in the presidential race. I will no longer be a candidate for President" Dodd stated.

Democratic New Hampshire Primary

John Kerry 31%
Chris Van Hollen 26%
Deval Patrick 20%
Carol Moseley Braun 15%
Ed Rendell 5%
Jay Nixon 1%
Other 2%
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2013, 05:04:05 PM »

Clark was defeated in the 2012 election after serving one term as President.

I know, but Dodd doesn't.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I hope Moseley Braun doesn't win this, she's, mmm, unelectable.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »

Michigan Primary

Chris Van Hollen 31%
John Kerry 30%
Carol Moseley Braun 21%
Deval Patrick 10%
Ed Rendell 5%
Jay Nixon 2%
Other 1%

Nixon withdrawals from presidential race, endorses John Kerry

Governor Jay Nixon announced he was withdrawing from the presidential race following poor showings in early contests. Nixon then endorsed Senator John Kerry for President, calling Kerry "The best able to win in the fall."

Feb. 2, 2016 - Giuliani signs budget slashing federal spending across the board with exemptions for defense, veterans health care, medicare, and medicaid

President Giuliani signed into law a bill his administration proposed which cut every program the federal government funded, with exceptions being made for all national security related expenditures, veterans health care programs, medicaid, and medicare. The size of the cuts varied; the smallest cut was to pell grant programs (a 0.02% cut) with the largest being a 42% reduction in federal funding of ethanol subsidies. The average program saw a 7.4% reduction in spending.

Feb. 4, 2016 - Kerry: I'll restore the Giuliani cuts to health care

Senator John Kerry, Presidential Candidate, stated that if elected President, he would "restore cuts to health care made by this administration."

Jindal: We cut health care less than 1%, Kerry exaggerating

Vice President Bobby Jindal stated that "The notion that our administration has cut funding for health care is a great exaggeration from reality. We cut nothing from children's health care or that for senior citizens. We cut medicare advantage by $500 million, roughly 0.01% of what we spend on health care each year."

South Carolina Primary

Chris Van Hollen 34%
Carol Moseley Braun 20%
John Kerry 19%
Deval Patrick 14%
Ed Rendell 10%
Other 3%

Ed Rendell exits presidential race

After poor showings in early presidential contests, Former Governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell exited the presidential race.

Florida Primary

Chris Van Hollen 40%
John Kerry 33%
Carol Moseley Braun 18%
Deval Patrick 6%
Other 3%

Nevada Caucus

John Kerry 50%
Chris Van Hollen 25%
Carol Moseley Braun 15%
Deval Patrick 8%
Other 2%

Minnesota Caucus

John Kerry 41%
Carol Moseley Braun 30%
Chris Van Hollen 20%
Deval Patrick 8%
Other 1%

Colorado Primary

Carol Moseley Braun 38%
John Kerry 30%
Chris Van Hollen 22%
Deval Patrick 7%
Other 3%

Feb. 18, 2016 - Patrick ends presidential bid, backs John Kerry

Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts ended his presidential campaign and endorsed fellow candidate Senator John Kerry, calling Kerry "an American hero and the kind of experienced leader our country needs."

Super Tuesday 2016 - Kerry wins contests in 6 states, Van Hollen 6, Braun 2

Presidential Candidates John Kerry, Carol Moseley Braun, and Chris Van Hollen each claimed prizes on Super Tuesday. Kerry claimed victories in California, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. Van Hollen claimed victories in West Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Idaho, and North Dakota. Ms. Braun claimed victories in Ohio and her home state of Illinois.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:48 PM »

Virginia Primary

Chris Van Hollen 41%
John Kerry 30%
Carol Moseley Braun 26%
Other 3%

Texas Primary
Chris Van Hollen 57%
John Kerry 30%
Carol Moseley Braun 10%
Other 3%

March 3, 2016 - Braun exits presidential race

Democratic Presidential Hopeful Carol Moseley Braun exited the presidential race. "I am so grateful to the 2.4 million people who support our campaign to reform Washington" Braun told supporters.

Alabama Primary

Chris Van Hollen 55%
John Kerry 35%
Other 10%

Mississippi
Chris Van Hollen 61%
John Kerry 30%
Other 9%

Illinois Primary

John Kerry 57%
Chris Van Hollen 40%
Other 3%

Louisiana Primary
Chris Van Hollen 62%
John Kerry 30%
Other 8%

March 22, 2016 - Kerry, Van Hollen exchange differences on taxes, health care in debate
Democratic Presidential Candidates John Kerry and Chris Van Hollen talked about the differences between them on taxes and health care. Kerry, who proposed a payroll tax cut for workers and increased energy tax credits, stated that he would raise taxes on the top tax bracket from 36% to 42%. By contrast, Mr. Van Hollen stated he would cut taxes on lower brackets by 15% while raising the top rate from 36% to 38%. Mr. Van Hollen also pledged to close loopholes and create a flat, 28% corporate tax rate, an approach Mr. Kerry opposed. Another difference between the candidates occurred on health care; Mr. Kerry called for a return to the Clark administration's health care policies, while Mr. Van Hollen supported mandating health insurance coverage for every American and creating health care pools. Both candidates agreed with ending the war in Iran and called for a repeal of the Giuliani-era tax cuts. The two candidates took time to attack President Giuliani and each other. "Rudy Giuliani's economic policies have favored the wealthy at the expense of the middle class" Mr. Kerry stated. "This President's foreign policy has rushed America into war, and his policies here at home have not helped solve the problems ordinary Americans face" Mr. Van Hollen stated. John Kerry said of his democratic opponent that "Congressman Van Hollen can not win a general election because he lacks the experience to lead." Chris Van Hollen stated that "John Kerry has taken multiple positions on a host of issues, we need a democratic nominee who will stay true to our core convictions."

Wisconsin, Maryland, and DC Democrats Vote

Wisconsin
John Kerry 62%
Chris Van Hollen 30%
Other 8%

Maryland
Chris Van Hollen 59%
John Kerry 30%
Other 11%

DC
Chris Van Hollen 51%
John Kerry 45%
Other 4%

Kerry dominates April 26 contests

Connecticut
John Kerry 57%
Chris Van Hollen 30%
Other 13%

Delaware
John Kerry 49%
Chris Van Hollen 48%
Other 3%

Pennsylvania
John Kerry 50%
Chris Van Hollen 48%
Other 2%

Rhode Island
John Kerry 77%
Chris Van Hollen 20%
Other 3%

May 3, 2016 - Kerry wins Indiana, Van Hollen in North Carolina

Indiana
John Kerry 52%
Chris Van Hollen 40%
Other 8%

North Carolina
Chris Van Hollen 53%
John Kerry 35%
Other 12%

May 7, 2016 - President Giuliani signs veterans health care expansion bill into law

President Giuliani signed into law a bill which increased access to health care for veterans and stopped national closings of VA hospitals. The $90 billion bill (over 10 years) was paid for by savings from the end of combat missions in Afghanistan.

May 13, 2016 - Van Hollen wins West Virginia, Nebraska

West Virginia
Chris Van Hollen 55%
John Kerry 35%
Other 10%

Nebraska
Chris Van Hollen 66%
John Kerry 30%
Other 4%

May17, 2016 - Kerry wins Oregon, Van Hollen in Kentucky

Oregon
John kerry 55%
Chris Van Hollen 40%
Other 5%

Kentucky
Chris Van Hollen 59%
John Kerry 30%
Other 11%

May 24, 2016 - Chris Van Hollen wins Arkansas

Chris Van Hollen 60%
John Kerry 37%
Other 3%

June 7, 2016 - Kerry, Van Hollen split final contests

California
John Kerry 59%
Chris Van Hollen 40%
Other 1%

Montana
Chris Van Hollen 55%
John Kerry 40%
Other 5%

New Jersey
John Kerry 51%
Chris Van Hollen 45%
Other 4%

New Mexico
Chris Van Hollen 57%
John Kerry 30%
Other 13%

South Dakota
Chris Van Hollen 61%
John Kerry 30%
Other 9%

Kansas
Chris Van Hollen 51%
John Kerry 42%
Other 7%

June 8, 2016 - With Kerry ahead with delegates, Van Hollen in popular vote Democratic Primary not over

Senator John Kerry, who led Congressman Chris Van Hollen by 102 delegates in the race for the Democratic Presidential Primaries, was more than 200 delegates short of winning the nomination of his party for President. Mean while, Mr. Van Hollen led Mr. Kerry in the popular vote by over 300,000 votes nationally.

June 12, 2016 - Fearing Democratic loss with brokered convention, Congressman Chris Van Hollen ends presidential campaign, endorses John Kerry

Fearing his party would lose the November election if it went through a brokered convention, Congressman Chris Van Hollen ended his presidential campaign and endorsed John Kerry for President at a press conference in Washington D.C. "Today, I am announcing that I will be ending my campaign for the nomination of the Democratic Party. I want to first of all thank my supporters for working hard to advance the values of the democratic party and our message to do such. I would urge all my supporters to join me in supporting John Kerry, whose experienced leadership will serve us well when he's President of the United States."

June 12, 2016 - In Ohio speech, Senator John Kerry accepts victory as presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

At an event in Cincinnati, Ohio, Senator John Kerry accepted victory as the democratic nominee for President in the 2016 election. "Tonight, our journey to take back the white house continues. We will fight to end the war in Iran which was started as an ideological experiment for this administration. We will ensure every child in America has health care, and every adult has access to quality health care. We need to renew our commitment to combating global warming by encouraging alternatives and discouraging the status-quo. We will continue to fight to cut taxes on middle class families and pay for it by rolling back tax cuts for the rich" Kerry stated.

July 5, 2016 - President Giuliani signs bill into law establishing health care savings accounts

President Giuliani signed a bill into law, initially introduced by Senators Pat Toomey (R-PA), Marco Rubio (R-FL), and Mitt Romney (R-AZ) which established health care savings accounts.

July 15, 2016 - Giuliani signs Romney bill which creates tax incentives for buying new equipment

President Giuliani signed a bill sponsored by Senator Mitt Romney of Arizona, which established a tax credit for companies which invested in new equipment.

August 7, 2016 - Ahead of Democratic Convention, Kerry taps Edwards for Vice President

Ahead of his party's national convention in Phoenix, AZ, Senator John Kerry, the presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee, tapped Former Congressman Chet Edwards of Texas to be his running-mate in the 2016 election. "Chet Edwards understands that it takes bi-partisan leadership to get things done. He has the judgement and record to help me lead this country" Kerry said of Edwards. "John Kerry has been a leader in the fight for quality health care, environmental protection, and for an exit strategy in Afghanistan. He has the experience and judgement to lead this country" Edwards said of Kerry.

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »

this, is about, to go, DOWN!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »

There are some errors: California went for Kerry twice and Illinois voted twice, too (the first time for Moseley-Braun, then Kerry). That's something you'd better fix, it'd improve a lot the quality of your TLs.
Anyways, this is just great, the candidate whom I supported got the nomination! Giuliani vs. Kerry will be very interesting Smiley Two serious men running on (not off) their records!

Chet Edwards is an exciting pick, but I don't think it'll work.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »

There are some errors: California went for Kerry twice and Illinois voted twice, too (the first time for Moseley-Braun, then Kerry). That's something you'd better fix, it'd improve a lot the quality of your TLs.
Anyways, this is just great, the candidate whom I supported got the nomination! Giuliani vs. Kerry will be very interesting Smiley Two serious men running on (not off) their records!

Chet Edwards is an exciting pick, but I don't think it'll work.

You are correct, I made errors with California and Illinois.

Vice President Bobby Jindal accepts GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

Vice President Bobby Jindal accepted the nomination of his party for a second term as Vice President. "Tonight, I declare we have a choice in this election. Senator Kerry has voted for higher taxes 102 times, and he's opposed tax cuts 198 times. We've cut taxes by $900 billion. Senator Kerry has voted to for government-run health care. Our administration has expanded market based health care, and millions of Americans now have health care as a result of our reforms. Senator Kerry voted against the mission in Iran. Our administration is ensuring that America is safe from a world in which Iran has a nuclear weapon. The choice is between the right direction, and a dangerous direction" Jindal stated.

President Rudy Giuliani accepts GOP nomination for 4 more years

President Rudy Giuliani accepted the nomination of his party for a second term as President. "Four years ago, I addressed you during a time of great challenge to our country. Over the past 4 years, America has reduced violence in Afghanistan and saw our troops come home from that country. We have been successful in clearing many objectives in Iran. Here at home, we passed $900 billion in tax relief, and we've cut hundreds, and thousands of burdensome regulations while promoting free trade and market based health care which has expanded access. As a result, our economy has added 7 million jobs, our national debt is less than it was in 2013 by $3.2 trillion, and we will balance the budget this year for the first time in sixteen years. Our country is moving in the right direction, but there is more work to be done" President Giuliani stated in his speech.

Chet Edwards accepts Democratic V.P. Nomination

Former Congressman Chet Edwards of Texas accepted the Democratic Party's nomination for Vice President. "I accept your nomination with the understanding of what this nation needs. We need an administration that only sends Americans off to war when we have to, not when we want to. We need an administration that is focused on cutting taxes on 98% of taxpayers, not the top 2%. We need an administration which does not seek to privatize social security and cut medicare, but one that preserves those programs. For the past 4 years, America has had a President who is out of touch. It is our time to elect a President who is ready to lead" Edwards stated.

John Kerry accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts accepted his party's presidential nomination. "I have the experience and vision to lead this country for the next 4 years. President Giuliani has promised you he'll keep taxes low while we spend money on a war Americans did not ask for, and do not want. I'll be sure to end that war and to set better priorities here at home. Our priorities will be to ensure every American has access to quality health care like they did 4 years ago. We'll ensure that we are combating global warming, not allowing lobbyists to re-write environmental laws. We'll end the tax breaks on the top 2% and instead cut payroll taxes on 98% of Americans. We'll end the war in Iran and instead focus on an American foreign policy in which we build alliances" Kerry stated during his speech.

September 5, 2016 - National Survey  finds Giuliani ahead in popular vote, electoral college with approval rating of 64%

Popular Vote & Electoral College Nationally
Rudy Giuliani / Bobby Jindal (R) 55% 388 EV
John Kerry / Chet Edwards (D) 35% 150 EV
Undecided 9%
Other 1%

Giuliani approval
Approve 64%
Disapprove 30%
Neutral 6%

September 15, 2016 - President Giuliani touts economic recovery, Afghanistan withdrawal in Florida campaign speech with 15,000 attendees

At a campaign speech in Boca Raton, FL, 15,000 supporters of the President's re-election campaign showed up to hear him speak. "Over the past 4 years, Americans have faced a series of challenges, and we have come out stronger than ever. Thanks to tax relief, regulatory reform, health care reform, and free trade our economy has added 6.8 million jobs, unemployment has declined from 7.9% when I took office, to 6.2% where it is today. At the same time, our national debt has been reduced by $3.5 trillion since 2013. Meanwhile, our troops are now able to withdrawal from Afghanistan as we make gains towards securing peace in Iran" President Giuliani stated.

September 18, 2016 - John Kerry: Americans do have a choice in November

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, the Democratic nominee for President, told supporters in New Hampshire that Americans have a choice in the upcoming election. "I know what the polls say, but America does have a choice. We can continue the war in Iran with no end in sight, or we can rebuild our own country here at home. We can continue to cut health care from low income Americans, or we can have a health care plan that makes health care more accessible to those whom are most vulnerable. We can raise our minimum wage and cut taxes on 98% of Americans, or we can continue to cut taxes on the richest amongst us. The choice is yours America."

October 1, 2016 - President Giuliani announces the surrender of the Iranian regime

President Giuliani announced that after over a year of war, the Iranian regime surrendered to U.S. forces. Giuliani announced that U.S. and coalition forces would aid a transition in government between the current Iranian regime, and a new regime to be elected by the Iranian people.

October 2, 2016 - Kerry: Progress in Iran, but time for withdrawal

Democratic Presidential Nominee John Kerry stated that "I am glad that the people of Iran will now be able to live with a government which looks out for their best interests. Although I opposed U.S. intervention into Iran, the old Iranian regime was evil and not one which served the interests of anyone. I do believe, however, now is a time for the Giuliani administration to bring our troops home."

October 10, 2016 - In domestic policy debate, Giuliani and Kerry make their cases

In their first debate on domestic issues, President Giuliani and Senator Kerry debated such issues as taxes, government spending, health care, entitlements, immigration, and other domestic issues. Touting his record, President Giuliani stated that "Our administration has fought for a $900 billion tax cut, the repeal of a decade's worth of regulations, health care which has increased portability and tax deductibility, new free trade agreements, and fiscal discipline. The result has been unemployment dropping from 7.9% to 6.2%, and our economy has added 6.8 million jobs. Our national debt has been reduced from $16 trillion to $12.5 trillion. Federal spending is at it's lowest levels since 1998. America's economic security and prosperity is back." John Kerry attacked the Giuliani administration and spoke about his own record; "Over the past 4 years, this administration has cut health care to low income adults by billions of dollars, and five million Americans have lost their health insurance. This President has opposed raising the minimum wage, yet he gave billions in tax breaks to the wealthiest amongst us. In the senate, I fought to raise the minimum wage, expand medicaid to low income adults, and I led the fight against the Giuliani cuts in environmental protection." Speaking about his agenda for a second term, President Giuliani stated that "We'll continue to keep taxes low, to exercise fiscal discipline, and to support the economic policies which have created jobs and reduced our debt. In a second term, we'll reform the worker re-training program, reform our broken tax code, increase choice and competition as it relates to education, reform medicare and social security, and we'll cut federal spending to pay down the debt. We'll also enact tort reform to deal with rising costs of health care." John Kerry stated that, if elected, he would "Raise the minimum wage from $8 to $9, repeal the Giuliani tax cuts and replace it with a payroll tax cut for working families, restore the Giuliani medicaid cuts, enforce trade agreements we've passed, and fight to increase funding for alternate sources of energy besides oil."

Who won the 1st debate CNN poll
Rudy Giuliani 46%
John Kerry 41%

lincolnwall
Kiwi election junkie
Rookie
New Zealand

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.70

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:49 PM »

Really enjoying this TL, thought it is just a bit Republican-heavy Tongue