2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:37:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2004: George W. Bush seeks re-election, Gore runs, Kerry does not run  (Read 31205 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 11:35:37 PM »

September 2, 2007 - Pawlenty backs Pataki, signs on as campaign co-chair

Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN) endorsed George Pataki for President and signed on as Pataki's national campaign co-chair. Pawlenty stated that Pataki "Is a republican governor who cut taxes and spending in a liberal state. He is prepared to win this election and lead this country."

September 15, 2007 - John Kerry attacks Wesley Clark

Campaigning in New Hampshire, democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry attacked fellow candidate Wesley Clark. "General Clark is a good man, but when the question comes to which one of us is better equipped to deal with our nation's economy, I'm the answer. I've been dealing with the economic issues facing our families for more than two decades" Kerry stated.

October 1, 2007 - Pres. Bush signs Giuliani bill sanctioning Iran

President George W. Bush signed into law a bill proposed by Senator Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) which sanctioned Iran by formally calling on the world to censure Iran at the U.N., and which made it illegal for U.S. companies to do business with Iranian companies until Iran complied with international law as it related to it's weapons program.

October 5, 2007 - Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) endorses Wesley Clark for President

Senator Barack Obama of Illinois endorsed Wesley Clark for President at an event in Iowa. "Wes Clark was right on Iraq. He was right on the Bush tax cuts. I trust Wes Clark to lead this country because he has shown extraordinary judgement and heroism" Obama stated.

October 17, 2007 - Huckabee calls on GOP to "reach out to independents" 

Speaking to a crowd in South Carolina, GOP Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee called on republicans to "reach out and try and get votes from independents. We need to talk about the fair tax, reforming our health care system through our tax code and by encouraging people to lead healthier lives, we can also reach out on energy independence, border security, and issues were we as a people can come together" Huckabee stated.

November 1, 2007 - Poll: Huckabee, Clark front-runners, advantage Clark for general election

GOP Nomination
Mike Huckabee 36%
George Pataki 31%
Lisa Murkowski 20%
Fred Thompson 6%
Jim Gilmore 4%
Rick Perry 1%
Sam Brownback 1%
Other 1%

Democratic Nomination
Wesley Clark 41%
John Kerry 20%
Joe Biden 10%
Bob Graham 9%
Tom Daschle 8%
Evan Bayh 5%
Other 7%

General Election

Wesley Clark 49%
Mike Huckabee 44%

Wesley Clark 48%
George Pataki 46%

Mike Huckabee 46%
John Kerry 44%

George Pataki 48%
John Kerry 42%

Arkansas
Mike Huckabee 49%
Wesley Clark 41%

November 7, 2007 - In Iowa, Chuck Norris backs Mike Huckabee

At an event in Iowa, Actor Chuck Norris backed the presidential campaign of Mike Huckabee. "I think Americans need a conservative who can unite us all behind the values that made America great" Norris stated.

November 15, 2007 - Democratic Debate in N.H. causes Clark, Kerry to exchange attacks as Graham, Biden try to be the "anti-Clark and Kerry"

During a democratic debate in New Hampshire, candidates Wesley Clark and John Kerry exchanged attacks while promoting their own agendas. "Wes Clark has zero experience dealing with health care, education, the economy. I have the experience to debate the republicans and to give a new direction to the American people. My plan will provide health care to all who seek it while expanding coverage to our veterans. I'll reverse George Bush's tax cuts for the rich and instead cut taxes on 98% of taxpayers" Kerry stated. "Senator Kerry voted with George Bush on Iraq, No Child Left Behind, and the Patriot Act. Senator Kerry can not win a general election, I can. As President, my priorities won't be to do what the establishment tells me, my priorities will be to succeed in Afganistan, promote job growth here at home through tax cuts for small businesses and investments in infrastructure and renewable energy" Clark retorted. Senator Joe Biden of Delaware stated that "I'm the best compromise between John Kerry and Wes Clark. I have the experience John Kerry has, but the electabillity General Clark has because I'll challenge the republicans on the issues." Former Senator Bob Graham stated that "Look, I dislike this infighting within our party. I offer democratic primary voters a bold choice, someone who will stick to their principles, and someone who can compete and win."

December 1, 2007 - In GOP debate, Huckabee & Pataki focus on the "path to victory"
In a South Carolina GOP debate, candidates Mike Huckabee and George Pataki explained how they planned on winning the 2008 election. "I'll be running as a reformer who has reduced taxes, balanced budgets, and reformed government. I'll run as the candidate who will reduce the debt, reform our health care system, and stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. I'll compete in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and other important swing states" Pataki stated. Mike Huckabee stated that "I am a conservative of conviction. I believe in the fair tax, the pro-life position, and a limited federal government. But, I'll also reach out to independents on issues like health care, energy, education, and the care of our veterans, issues I care about."

December 10, 2007 - Gregg backs Murkowski

Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire backed the presidential campaign of Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK). "Senator Murkowski has the best chance of winning the white house in 2008, and she has the boldest plan to unite the republican party in the Reagan tradition" Gregg stated.

December 20, 2007 - Jeb Bush backs Mike Huckabee for President

At an event in Iowa, Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush endorsed Mike Huckabee for President. "Mike Huckabee is a proven leader who can get things done, I think he'd make a great President" Bush said of Huckabee.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2013, 03:57:54 PM by dudeabides »

Iowa Caucus

GOP Iowa Caucus Results
Mike Huckabee 36%
Lisa Murkowski 24%
Fred Thompson 15%
George Pataki 10%
Jim Gilmore 6%
Rick Perry 4%
Sam Brownback 3%
Other 2%

Democratic Iowa Caucus Results
Wesley Clark 42%
John Kerry 21%
Bob Graham 20%
Joe Biden 10%
Evan Bayh 5%
Tom Daschle 1%
Other 1%

Post Iowa: Thompson (R), Perry (R), and Daschle (D) withdraw
GOP presidential hopefuls Fred Thompson and Rick Perry, along with Democratic presidential hopeful Tom Daschle exited the presidential race. Thompson cited lack of fundraising, Perry cited lack of support and endorsed fellow candidate Mike Huckabee, and Daschle cited a disappointing finish in Iowa, the state he had relied upon to win the nomination of his party.

New Hampshire Primary: Kerry narrowly wins, Pataki takes historic victory

N.H. Democratic Primary
John Kerry 37%
Wesley Clark 36%
Bob Graham 15%
Joe Biden 6%
Evan Bayh 4%
Other 2%

N.H. GOP Primary
George Pataki 52%
Mike Huckabee 20%
Lisa Murkowski 12%
Jim Gilmore 6%
Sam Brownback 5%
Other 5%

South Carolina: Huckabee, Clark claim victories

South Carolina GOP Primary
Mike Huckabee 41%
George Pataki 30%
Lisa Murkowski 20%
Jim Gilmore 5%
Sam Brownback 3%
Other 1%

South Carolina Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 48%
Bob Graham 20%
John Kerry 12%
Joe Biden 7%
Other 7%
Evan Bayh 6%

Following SC, Brownback (R), Biden (D), and Bayh (D) exit presidential race
Following South Carolina's presidential primary, presidential hopefuls Sam Brownback, Joe Biden, and Evan Bayh exited the presidential race. Brownback immediately endorsed fellow candidate Mike Huckabee. Joe Biden immediately endorsed fellow candidate Senator John Kerry. Senator Bayh stated that "There is no more room for a moderate in the democratic party it seems" and exited the race, citing lack of momentum.

Feb 1, 2007 - Pataki attacks Huckabee

Speaking to supporters in Jupiter, FL, GOP presidential hopeful George Pataki attacked fellow candidate Mike Huckabee. "Mike Huckabee is a good person. But, I think we each have something different to offer republican voters. I've cut taxes, he's raised taxes. I've reduced spending, he increased spending. I cracked down on crime, he's been soft on crime. I can win in the fall, he can not win" Pataki stated.

Feb. 4, 2007 - Poll: Clark surges ahead, Huckabee & Pataki in tight race

Democratic National Primary
Wesley Clark 48%
John Kerry 25%
Bob Graham 20%
Other 7%

GOP National Primary
Mike Huckabee 35%
George Pataki 33%
Lisa Murkowski 20%
Jim Gilmore 10%
Other 2%
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »

Anyone for Huckabee/Norris? (someone had to say it...)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »

Anyone for Huckabee/Norris? (someone had to say it...)

hahaha well that could've been Huckabee's "youth vote" strategy!

The Battle for Michigan, Florida, Nevada, and Beyond

Huckabee: Conservatives have a choice

Relying on conservative voters to get him to the nomination of his party for President, Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee courted the conservative vote in Michigan, Florida, and other Super Tuesday primary and caucus states. "Be it the pro-life position, the fair tax, reforming our private market health care system, or defending this country, I believe I'm the conservative choice to be the nominee of the republican party" Huckabee stated at an event in Michigan days ahead of that state's presidential primary.

Pataki: If you want results, I'm your candidate

GOP presidential hopeful George Pataki told Michigan voters that the choice for President on the GOP side was between "a guy who has a moderate record at best, or someone who gets things done." Pledging deficit reduction, health care reform, and tax cuts, George Pataki stated that "I'm a leader who gets things done, and I can deliver a republican victory in the fall."

Murkowski: I am the kind of republican who wins

Senator Lisa Mukowski told a Nevada audience that she is the "kind of republican who wins elections." Murkowski stated that "I understand how to win, I'll use the Reagan playbook of uniting not only our party, but independents and democrats, behind the cause of ensuring future peace and prosperity for our country."

Clark: Democrats deserve a nominee who is not of Washington, can win

Democratic presidential hopeful Wesley Clark, speaking to supporters in Florida, stated that "As the nominee of the democratic party, my allegiance won't be to the party bosses in Washington. They will be to the people of this country. As a result, I think we have the best chance of victory in the fall" Clark stated.

Kerry: I have the most experience

Senator John Kerry, presidential hopeful, made the case he should be the democratic nominee for President in the 2008 election. "The fact is, I have the most experience in foreign affairs, economics, law, and the issues that a President faces on a daily basis" Kerry told a Michigan audience.

Graham: Prove the pundits wrong, vote Graham

In an effort to make a political comeback in his presidential bid, Former U.S. Senator Bob Graham called on Florida democrats to support him and "help prove the pundits wrong". Despite Wesley Clark being ahead in votes and delegates, it was Senator John Kerry whom Graham attacked. "John Kerry showed when he voted for the Iraq War he lacks the judgement to lead. I voted against that war, and I'll be a President who tells people the truth, no matter what."

Michigan Primary

Michigan GOP Primary
George Pataki 39%
Mike Huckabee 35%
Lisa Murkowski 21%
Other 5%

Michigan Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 50%
John Kerry 30%
Bob Graham 15%
Other 5%

Florida GOP Primary
George Pataki 34%
Mike Huckabee 31%
Lisa Murkowski 30%
Other 5%

Florida Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 34%
Bob Graham 33%
John Kerry 32%
Other 1%

Nevada GOP Caucus
Lisa Murkowski 36%
Mike Huckabee 30%
George Pataki 25%
Other 9%

Bob Graham exits presidential race

After failing to win his home state of Florida in the democratic presidential primaries, Former U.S. Senator Bob Graham withdrew from the presidential race. "I am honored for the broad support my supporters have given me" Graham stated at a press conference in Jupiter, FL.

Super Tuesday - 15 contests; Huckabee wins 8, Pataki 6, Murkowski 1 on GOP side. Kerry wins 3 contests, Clark 12 on democratic side

GOP Race
In the race for the GOP presidential nomination on Super Tuesday, George Pataki claimed victories in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, and Vermont. Mean while, GOP hopeful Mike Huckabee claimed victories in Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Maine. Senator Lisa Murkowski carried her home state of Alaska.

Democratic Race 
While Senator John Kerry managed to carry his home state of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Vermont, Wesley Clark accepted victories in New York, New Jersey, California, Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, and Alaska.

Total GOP votes cast
Mike Huckabee 41%
George Pataki 35%
Lisa Murkowski 20%
Other 4%

Total Democratic Votes cast
Wesley Clark 61%
John Kerry 30%
Other 9%

Feb. 10, 2008 - Sen. John Kerry withdrawals from presidential race

Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts exited the race for the democratic presidential nomination following Wesley Clark's victories in 12 of 15 Super Tuesday contests. "Today, I offer my concession. General Clark will make a fine President, and I look forward to helping him become the next President of the United States." Kerry also thanked his supporters for "helping give me a voice on the issues we Americans care so deeply about."

Feb. 10, 2008 - Wesley Clark wins Democratic Presidential Nomination

Speaking to supporters in Cleveland, OH the day after Super Tuesday, Retired General Wesley Clark reacted to becoming the presumptive nominee of his party in the 2008 election. "I have never been so honored and humbled in my life to claim that I will be the nominee of the democratic party for President in the 2008 election. We will run a campaign based on issues. We'll talk about the importance of victory in Afganistan. We'll talk about the importance of rolling back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy and cutting taxes on 98% of American taxpayers. We'll talk about the importance of reviving this economy by investing in infrastructure, renewable energy, research in health care, and policies to rebuild the middle class which George Bush has destroyed" Clark stated.

Feb. 17, 2008 - Murkowski ends presidential campaign, endorses Huckabee

After only winning two states in her presidential campaign, Senator Lisa Murkowski ended his bid to become the 44th President of the United States. "I am proud to be the first ever republican woman to come so close to becoming President of the United States. But, for the good of my party, and my country, now is a time for me to support someone who will have the opportunity to lead this country in a unifying direction, and that someone is my good friend Mike Huckabee" Murkowski stated at a Huckabee rally in Montana.

Feb. 19, 2008 - National Poll: Huckabee GOP front-runner, Clark general election front-runner

GOP Nomination National Primary
Mike Huckabee 51%
George Pataki 45%
Other 4%

General Election Match Ups

Wesley Clark 49%
Mike Huckabee 45%

Wesley Clark 49%
George Pataki 46%

Bush approval
Approve 41%
Disapprove 50%

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »

what are arkansas polls right now
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »

AW c'mon Lisa! You can do it! Go the Matt Santos route
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:15 AM »

I'll post that in this segment:

Mini Tuesday Results

Louisiana Democratic
Wesley Clark 92%
Other 8%

Louisiana GOP
Mike Huckabee 62%
George Pataki 29%
Other 9%

Kansas Democratic
Wesley Clark 88%
Other 12%

Kansas GOP
Mike Huckabee 59%
George Pataki 30%
Other 11%

Nebraska Democratic
Wesley Clark 94%
Other 6%

Nebraska GOP
Mike Huckabee 65%
George Pataki 30%
Other 5%

Washington Democratic
Wesley Clark 98%
Other 2%

Washington GOP
George Pataki 57%
Mike Huckabee 40%
Other 3%

Potomic Primaries - Huckabee takes VA, Pataki DC&MD

VA Democratic
Wesley Clark 94%
Other 6%

VA GOP
Mike Huckabee 55%
George Pataki 40%
Other 5%

Maryland Democratic
Wesley Clark 98%
Other 2%

Maryland GOP
George Pataki 50%
Mike Huckabee 45%
Other 5%

DC Democratic
Wesley Clark 99%
Other 1%

DC GOP
George Pataki 71%
Mike Huckabee 25%
Other 4%

Poll: Clark would beat Huckabee, Pataki in general election. Would beat Pataki in Arkansas, Huckabee beats Clark in Arkansas

National General Election

Wes Clark 48%
George Pataki 44%

Wes Clark 49%
Mike Huckabee 44%

Arkansas General Election

Wes Clark 47%
George Pataki 45%

Mike Huckabee 49%
Wes Clark 41%

Huckabee, Pataki make cases ahead of Wisconsin, HI, and Washington Primaries

Ahead of voting in Wisconsin, Hawaii, and Washington, GOP presidential hopefuls Mike Huckabee and George Pataki made their cases to GOP primary voters. "The issue in this campaign is going to be the national debt. I've balanced budgets and reduced government spending. By contrast, my friend Mike Huckabee increased the size of government and it's spending during his time as Governor of Arkansas" Mr. Pataki stated in Wisconsin. "Conservatives have a choice in this election. We can stand up for the pro-life position, the fair tax, reforms to our private market health care system, and border security, or we can move in the more moderate direction" stated Mike Huckabee also speaking in Wisconsin.

Pataki sweeps Wisconsin, Hawaii, Washington

Wisconsin Democratic
Wesley Clark 91%
Other 9%

Wisconsin GOP
George Pataki 51%
Mike Huckabee 41%
Other 8%

Hawaii Democratic
Wesley Clark 99%
Other 1%

Hawaii GOP
George Pataki 67%
Mike Huckabee 30%
Other 3%

Washington GOP (Primary)
George Pataki 54%
Mike Huckabee 40%
Other 6%

Washington Democratic (Primary)
Wesley Clark 95%
Other 5%

Feb. 27, 2008 - Gov. Mitch Daniels (R-IN) endorses George Pataki for President

Governor Mitch Daniels of Indiana endorsed the presidential campaign of George Pataki at an event in eastern Ohio. "George Pataki knows how to reduce spending because he's done it before, and in a  blue state. Our national debt needs to be reduced, and it's going to take someone from outside Washington to do it" Daniels stated.

Feb. 28, 2008 - National Right to Life backs Mike Huckabee for President

The National Right to Life Committee backed Mike Huckabee's presidential bid, stating that "Mike Huckabee has a long pro-life record, and he is the only pro-life candidate in the race for President."

March 1, 2008 - Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) endorses Mike Huckabee for President ahead of Texas GOP Primary

Ahead of his state's presidential primary, Former GOP Presidential Hopeful and Governor Rick Perry endorsed Mike Huckabee for President. "Mike Huckabee has the best chance of uniting our party this fall. He has my full and enthusiastic support" Perry stated.

March 4, 2008 - Huckabee wins Texas, Pataki in Vermont, Rhode Island, and Ohio

Texas Democratic
Wesley Clark 94%
Other 6%

Texas GOP
Mike Huckabee 60%
George Pataki 35%
Other 5%

Ohio Democratic
Wesley Clark 92%
Other 8%

Ohio GOP
George Pataki 45%
Mike Huckabee 44%
Other 11%

Rhode Island Democratic
Wesley Clark 99%
Other 1%

Rhode Island GOP
George Pataki 77%
Mike Huckabee 20%
Other 3%

Vermont Democratic
Wesley Clark 90%
Other 10%

Vermont GOP
George Pataki 61%
Mike Huckabee 30%
Other 9%

March 11, 2008 - Mike Huckabee wins Mississippi GOP Primary

Mike Huckabee 66%
George Pataki 30%
Other 4%

Ahead of Pennsylvania, GOP candidates court different wings of party

Ahead of Pennsylvania's GOP presidential primary, candidates Mike Huckabee and George Pataki courted different wings of the GOP. Pataki, continuing to run as someone with experience reducing government spending, sought to win over independent voters concerned about the national debt. "I've actually reduced spending in New York and have put forth a plan to cut this debt in half in 8 years" Pataki stated. Mean while, Mr. Huckabee told a crowd that he was "the conservative in the race for President."

April 24, 2008 - After long primary season, Huckabee claims upset victory in PA Primary

Though slightly behind in most polls ahead of Pennsylvania's GOP presidential primary, Mike Huckabee claimed a modest victory. With 100% of the votes counted, Huckabee won 51% of the vote, to George Pataki 48%. Only 1% of Pennsylvania GOP voters voted for another candidate, or unopposed.

April 25, 2008 - George Pataki concedes GOP presidential nomination

Former Governor of New York George Pataki conceded the GOP presidential nomination after a disappointing finish in Pennsylvania's presidential primary the evening before. At a press conference at his campaign headquarters in Peekskill, NY, Pataki stated that "We have had a long contest. Our party has chosen a nominee and although we came close, that nominee is Mike Huckabee. I am very grateful and honored by the support Americans across the country gave to our campaign." When asked about another run for President in the future, Pataki stated he "doubted" he'd run for President again.

April 25, 2008 - Mike Huckabee secures GOP Presidential Nomination

On Fox News, GOP Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee reacted to becoming his party's presumptive nominee for President. "I am honored and humbled by the trust and support republicans and independents across this great nation have given me. The principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness will be the issues we advance in this general election campaign" Huckabee stated.

April 27, 2008 - President George W. Bush endorses Mike Huckabee for President at press conference

President George W. Bush endorses Presumptive GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee at a pres conference at the white house. "Mike Huckabee has been an important leader for the republican party. He understands the complex issues America faces. I know that he has the experience and ability to lead this nation" Bush said of Huckabee.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »

May 2, 2008 - Unemployment hits highest level in 6 years

In April 2008, the national unemployment rate hit it's highest level in six years.

May 5, 2008 - Pres. Bush proposes $150 billion stimulus

President George W. Bush proposed a $150 billion stimulus package which would send tax rebates to middle-class families, allow for business to partially write-off new technological expenses, and invest an additional $10 billion over 5 years in the federal worker re-training program.

Sen. Rudy Giuliani: Stimulus would be ineffective, tax relief needed

Senator Rudy Giuliani of New York stated that President Bush's $150 billion stimulus package would be ineffective at creating jobs. "What we really need right now is tax relief. I think if we were to cut our corporate tax rate to 25% from 35%, reduce the capital gains tax down to 7% from 10%, and making the 2001 and 2003 tax relief permanent would all do more to stimulate economic growth than what is being proposed."

Wesley Clark: Bush stimulus not enough for working families

Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark spoke out against President Bush's proposed stimulus package. "I'd vote against the bill if I were in congress because it does not go far enough to help working Americans" Clark stated. "If I'm elected President, we are going to exempt small businesses from paying the 35% corporate tax rate, we'll create a 7% tax bracket for small businesses. We'll also invest in our infrastructure again and move towards energy independence. But, to help the overall economy, I do agree with the republicans tax reform has to be on the table, so I'd cut the corporate tax rate from 35% down to 28% and pay for it by reversing the President's tax cuts for the top 1% of Americans" Clark stated.

Huckabee: Fair tax will stimulate growth more than any stimulus

Former Arkansas Governor and Presumptive GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee stated that the fair tax would "do more to grow the economy" than the Bush stimulus package. "By eliminating taxes on income, corporations, capital gains, and investment, we will bring manufacturing back to the United States while helping our families make ends meet. The Fair Tax would do more to create jobs and revive our economy than any stimulus bill" Huckabee stated.

May 12, 2008 - With Giuliani's support, Bush stimulus passes

With bi-partisan support, President George W. Bush signed into law his stimulus package.

May 22, 2008 - Huckabee taps Frist to lead V.P. Search Committee

Presumptive GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee tapped Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist to lead his Vice Presidential Search Committee.

June 2, 2008 - Pannetta to lead V.P. Search for Clark

Former Bill Clinton Chief of Staff Leon Pannetta will lead the vice presidential search committee for Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark.

August 8, 2008 - Mike Huckabee taps Rep. Marsha Blackburn for Vice President

Mike Huckabee selected Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee as his running mate in the 2008 election. "Marsha Blackburn has the experience in both the private sector and government to help lead this country. She has the values and ideals to be an effective Vice President of the United States" Huckabee said of Blackburn. "Mike Huckabee is the kind of leader America needs, someone with strong convictions, but also someone who can reach across the aisle and get things done" Blackburn said of Huckabee.

August 10, 2008 - Report: Clark between Nelson, Richardson, Kerry for V.P.

Sources close to the presidential campaign of Wesley Clark stated that Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Governor Bill Richardson of New Mexico, and Senator Bill Nelson of Florida were Wesley Clark's top choices to be his running mate in the 2008 election.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 02:28:01 PM »

August 19, 2008 - Wesley Clark taps Russ Feingold for Vice President

Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark, at an event in Milwaukee, WI, selected Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin as his running-mate in the 2008 election. "Russ Feingold understands the values of hard working men and women. His judgement will serve this country well" Clark said of Feingold. Feigold stated that Wesley Clark is "An American hero dedicated to service to this country."

August 27, 2008 - Russ Feingold accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin accepted the nomination of the Democratic Party for Vice President of the United States. "Our party, and our country must stand firm to end the failed policies of the past eight years and fight for new policies to grow our economy and defend our country. Never again should America go to war because we want to. Never again should America give a tax break to those who need it least. It's time for new leadership" Feigngold said in his acceptance speech.

August 28, 2008 - Wesley Clark accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

Retired General Wesley Clark officially accepted the nomination of the democratic party for President. "It's time for us to lead. It's time for us to lead on jobs. It's time for us to lead in the world again. It's time for us to lead America into the next decade stronger than before" Clark stated in his acceptance speech.

September 3, 2008 - Marsha Blackburn accepts GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

Representative Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee accepted the nomination of her party for Vice President of the United States. "Americans have a choice in this election. We can grow our economy by reforming our tax code, or we can grow our government. We can make health care more affordable through market reforms, or we can have the government take over health care. The choice is between the individual versus the government" Blackburn stated in her acceptance speech.

September 4, 2008 - Mike Huckabee accepts GOP Presidential Nomination

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee formally accepted the nomination of his party for President. "As Americans, it must be our obligation to stand up and fight for the things we believe in. We need to make sure that as a country, we leave no one behind. We need to make sure that as a country, we continue to stand for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" Huckabee stated in his acceptance speech.

September 20, 2008 - U.S. Financial Collapse Occurs

The U.S. reported stocks declining as a financial collapse became imminent.

September 24, 2008 - Bush calls for bailouts

In response to the financial collapse, President George W. Bush called for a $700 billion bailout to help bail out failing financial firms.

September 25, 2008 - Clark supports Bailout, Huckabee does not
Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark stated that he supported the bailout proposed by President George W. Bush. "I think in order to maintain some sense of financial security, the bailout being proposed by President Bush is necessary" Clark stated at a campaign event in Wisconsin. Mike Huckabee, by contrast, stated that "In a free market, success is rewarded by markets, as failure is punished by markets. I do not support the bailout being proposed by President Bush because in a free market, government can't solve everything."

September 27, 2008 - Giuliani: Support the bailout

Senator Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) stated that he would vote in favor of President Bush's $700 billion bailout. "I hate the idea of spending $700 billion, but the fact of the matter is, jobs and people's life savings are at risk if we do nothing, so I'll reluctantly support President Bush's bailout" Giuliani stated.

October 4, 2008 - In first debate Clark and Huckabee debate domestic issues

GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee and Democrat Wesley Clark debated domestic issues in their first presidential debate. Huckabee, pledging to "rebuild the economy by reforming the tax code and our health care system" stated he believed the Bush administration had failed to worry about manufacturing jobs in the United States. Mean while, Wesley Clark pledged that "A Clark administration will ensure we are creating jobs by investing in people through energy, infrastructure, technological advancements, and those things which will actually create jobs."

CBS Poll who won the first debate
Wesley Clark 48%
Mike Huckabee 41%

October 9, 2008 - Blackburn, Feingold debate the issues

In their only debate, Vice Presidential Candidates Rep. Marsha Blackburn and Sen. Russ Feingold debated a series of issues. Blackburn, seeking to paint her and Mike Huckabee as "independent reformers" stated that Americans should support them based on their economic agenda. Mean while, Mr. Feingold stated that him and Wesley Clark were better prepared to lead, and that "George Bush and the republicans have presided over the worst economy in decades."

ABC Poll Who won the V.P. Debate?
Russ Feingold 47%
Marsha Blackburn 40%

October 18, 2008 - Huckabee, Clark debate foreign policy
In their second debate, Presidential Candidates Wesley Clark and Mike Huckabee debated foreign policy related issues. Wesley Clark promised Americans that he would "achieve victory in Afghanistan" by sending in 20,000 additional forces. Clark also pledged to "rebuild the alliances George Bush has weakened." By contrast, Mike Huckabee stated that "Americans are tired of fighting wars. They want us to rebuild here at home. Therefore, if elected, I will not commit more troops to Afghanistan, we'll commit fewer."

Fox News who won second debate
Wesley Clark 50%
Mike Huckabee 38%

October 27, 2008 - In final, townhall debate, Clark & Huckabee answer audience questions
In their final debate, Mike Huckabee and Wesley Clark answered audience questions at a townhall style debate. Portraying himself as a Washington outsider, Wesley Clark promised Americans "a higher standard of leadership." Mike Huckabee, seeking to win over independent voters, stated that "I've been a leader for people, not ideology."

CNN who won the third debate
Mike Huckabee 46%
Wesley Clark 44%

November 1, 2008 - With weak economy, Bush approval hits 37%

With continuing concerns about the U.S. economy, President George W. Bush's approval ratings hit 37%, the lowest of his presidency. Bush's approval rating had not exceeded 45% in nearly 15 months.

November 3, 2008 - Clark holds final campaign event in Florida

Believing Florida is the key to victory, Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark held his final campaign event in Jacksonville. "Tomorrow you will chose whether or not to continue the same failed policies of the past 8 years for 4 more. Or, you will chose a different direction. We can create jobs again, we can provide health care to our children, and we can succeed in Afghanistan. The choice is yours" Clark stated.

November 3, 2008 - Huckabee holds final event in Arkansas

Believing his home state would be key to victory, GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee spent his last day campaigning in Arkansas. "Here in Arkansas, we managed to invest in education and infrastructure while still reducing taxes and spending. As President, I'll take the skills I learned here in Arkansas and put them to work to help all of our citizens across the country" Huckabee stated.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2013, 04:50:41 PM by dudeabides »

November 4, 2008 - Election Night

7 PM
Florida - Too Close to Call
Georgia - Mike Huckabee 53% Wesley Clark 46%
Kentucky - Mike Huckabee 55% Wesley Clark 44%
Indiana - Too Close to Call
South Carolina - Mike Huckabee 53% Wesley Clark 46%
Vermont - Wesley Clark 71% Mike Huckabee 28%
Virginia - Too Close to Call

7:30 PM
West Virginia - Mike Huckabee 57% Wesley Clark 42%
Ohio - Too Close to Call

8:00 PM
Alabama - Mike Huckabee 64% Wesley Clark 35%
Connecticut - Wesley Clark 59% Mike Huckabee 40%
Delaware - Wesley Clark 60% Wesley Clark 38%
D.C. - Wesley Clark 94% Mike Huckabee 5%
Florida - Too Close to Call
Illinois - Wesley Clark 58% Mike Huckabee 41%
Maine - Wesley Clark 57% Mike Huckabee 42%
Maryland - Wesley Clark 56% Mike Huckabee 43%
Massachusetts - Wesley Clark 74% Mike Huckabee 25%
Mississippi - Too Close to Call
Missouri - Too Close to Call
New Hampshire - Wesley Clark 54% Mike Huckabee 45%
New Jersey - Wesley Clark 56% Mike Huckabee 43%
Oklahoma - Mike Huckabee 66% Wesley Clark 33%
Pennsylvania - Wesley Clark 55% Mike Huckabee 44%
South Dakota - Mike Huckabee 57% Wesley Clark 42%
Tennessee - Mike Huckabee 60% Wesley Clark 39%
Texas - Too Close to Call

8:30 PM
Arkansas - Too Close to Call
North Carolina - Too Close to Call

8:50 PM - Mike Huckabee wins Indiana
Mike Huckabee 50% Wesley Clark 49%

8:57 PM - Mike Huckabee wins Mississippi
Mike Huckabee 53% Wesley Clark 46%

9:00 PM
Arizona - Too Close to Call
Colorado - Too Close to Call
Kansas - Mike Huckabee 59% Wesley Clark 40%
Louisiana - Mike Huckabee 57% Wesley Clark 42%
Michigan - Wesley Clark 55% Mike Huckabee 44%
Minnesota - Wesley Clark 59% Mike Huckabee 40%
Nebraska - Mike Huckabee 61% Wesley Clark 38%
New Mexico - Too Close to Call
New York - Wesley Clark 65% Mike Huckabee 34%
Rhode Island - Wesley Clark 70% Mike Huckabee 29%
Wisconsin - Wesley Clark 68% Mike Huckabee 31%
Wyoming - Mike Huckabee 77% Wesley Clark 22%

9:12 PM - Wesley Clark wins Florida
Wesley Clark 51% Mike Huckabee 48%

9:17 PM - Wesley Clark wins New Mexico
Wesley Clark 54% Mike Huckabee 45%

9:24 PM - Wesley Clarks wins North Carolina

9:29 PM - Mike Huckabee wins Arkansas
Mike Huckabee 55% Wesley Clark 44%

9:44 PM - Wesley Clark wins Colorado
Wesley Clark 52% Mike Huckabee 47%

9:51 PM - Wesley Clark wins Mississippi
Wesley Clark 49.5% Mike Huckabee 49.2%

9:57 PM - Wesley Clark wins Missouri

10:02 PM - With no likely path to victory, Mike Huckabee calls Wesley Clark to concede election defeat

With no foreseeable path to victory, GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee called President-elect Wesley Clark to congratulate him on his likely election win.

11:15 PM - Mike Huckabee concedes election defeat  

GOP Presidential Nominee Mike Huckabee conceded the 2008 presidential election in Little Rock, Arkansas. "You have given me strength to fight for the values we as Americans hold ideal" Huckabee told supporters.

12:00 AM - Wesley Clark accepts victory as President-elect

President-elect Wesley Clark thanked supporters, and wished his GOP opponents well at a campaign event in Madison, WI. "I look forward to serving the greatest nation on earth for the next 4 years. Together, we will ensure that America continues to be a place where people come to for hope, security, and prosperity" Clark told supporters.

Final Vote

Wesley Clark / Russ Feingold (D) 55% 401 EV
Mike Huckabee / Marsha Blackburn (R) 44% 137 EV
Other 1%
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »

why do you have huck winning mississippi and Arkansas in your election night, but losing in your map
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »

why do you have huck winning mississippi and Arkansas in your election night, but losing in your map
Don't forget Indiana too. And why is Clark winning Mississippi, while not even coming close in Kentucky and West Virginia? You'd think he'd play pretty well in those states
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »

You guys are right;

1) I meant to say Clark wins Mississippi and Huckabee wins Arkansas.

2) Clark wins Mississippi but loses WV and Kentucky because those states are competitive when you have two southerners and when it's a bad economy under a GOP administration, advantage democrats.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »

Beautiful map. But Indiana and Arkansas should be red, and Mississippi has two different results,so change it if you want to (but red fits them well Tongue)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »

Beautiful map. But Indiana and Arkansas should be red, and Mississippi has two different results,so change it if you want to (but red fits them well Tongue)

Thank You

Clarification here: Mississippi goes to Clark
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »

January 20, 2009 - Clark, Feingold sworn-in

Wesley Clark was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. Russ Feingold was also sworn in as Vice President.

January 20, 2009: President Clark's cabinent

Secretary of State Leon Pannetta

Secretary of Defense Carol Mousely-Braunn

Assistant Secretary of Defense Max Cleland

Secretary of Homeland Security Joe Biden

Attorney General Hillary Clinton

Secretary of Education George Pataki

Secretary of Health and Human Services Howard Dean

Secretary of Commerce Jonathan Miller

Secretary of Treasury Chris Dodd

Secretary of Labor Janet Napolitano

Secretary of Energy T. Boone Pickens

U.S. Trade Representative Jon Huntsman Jr.

U.N. Ambassador Gary Hart

Budget Director Bill Richardson

HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo

Chief of Staff Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Chairperson, President's Council of Economic Advisors Warren Bufett

January 28, 2009 - Pres. Clark delivers state of the union, proposes $500 billion stimulus and plan to slash $3 trillion in debt

During his first state of the union address, President Wesley Clark proposed an agenda which included spending cuts, tax increases, health care reforms, and an economic stimulus package. "Our economy is in need of a stimulus to help get Americans through a challenging time" the President stated. Clark proposed a $500 billion economic stimulus, with the money going towards infrastructure, renewable energy tax credits, tax rebates to the working poor, and the extension of unemployment benefits. President Clark also proposed his plan to slash $3 trillion from the national debt by 2019 by repealing the Bush tax cuts on the top 5% on taxpayers and by repealing the Bush Medicare Part D prescription drug program and replacing it.

In GOP Response, Sen. Rudy Giulinai proposes tax cuts and de-regulation as ways to stimulate economic growth

In the Republican response to President Clark's state of the union address, Senator Rudy Giuliani proposed slashing a series of taxes and regulations to stimulate economic growth. Giuliani proposed cutting the corporate tax rate, payroll taxes, and capital gains taxes as well as repealing all regulations passed after 2005 in order to stimulate economic growth. "It has been proven over and over again that cutting taxes and reversing regulations is key to stimulating economic growth" Giuliani stated.

Feb. 5, 2009 - Clark meets with GOP and Democratic Leaders on stimulus

President Wesley Clark met with Democratic and Republican Congressional leaders to discuss the stimulus package he proposed in his state of the union address.

Feb. 12, 2009 - Sens. Giuliani VS. McConell on stimulus

Senator Rudy Giuliani challenged Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConell's position on the stimulus package being pushed by President Wesley Clark. "This stimulus package will do little to encourage long term economic growth. I'd encourage republicans to oppose a political fix to an economic problem" Giuliani stated. Senator Mitch McConell, Republican Senate Leader, urged his caucus to support the new, bi-partisian legislation. "There is no doubt that the stimulus is flawed. But, at this time, we need to do something to make sure our economy stays afloat" McConnell stated.

Feb. 15, 2009 - President Clark signs $350 billion bi-partisan stimulus into law

After days of bi-partisian negotiations, President Wesley Clark signed a $300 billion stimulus into law. The bill extended unemployment benefits, created new renewable energy tax credits, invests $7 billion in infrastructure, and created a $90 billion, 3 year tax credit program for the hiring of new employees.

March 1, 2009 - President Clark officially sends 20,000 more troops into Afghanistan

President Wesley Clark announced, officially, that he would send 20,000 additional forces into Afghanistan. "In an effort to help secure victory in Afghanistan, I have authorized an additional 20,000 U.S. forces to be deployed into Afghanistan. As a veteran of combat myself, this is not something that I have given much thought. The people of Afghanistan deserve a future which belongs to freedom, not fear" Clark stated in a prime time address from the oval office.

March 3, 2009 - Poll: Americans divided over Afghanistan

A survey released from CNN shows Americans are divided over the war in Afghanistan;

Support President Clark's surge
Support 48%
Oppose 44%
Neutral 8%

Support the mission in Afghanistan
Support 55%
Oppose 30%
Neutral 15%

Should the U.S. end the war in Afghanistan?
Yes 20%
No 5%
As soon as Possible 71%
Neutral 4%

President Clark right or wrong on Afghanistan
Right 51%
Wrong 40%
Neutral 9%

April 2, 2009 - President Clark calls on Congress to pass his health care plan

President Wesley Clark called on congress to pass his health care plan. The plan would expand SCHIP to every child in the U.S. and would mandate state-run health care pools for low-income adults to be able to afford health insurance. The federal government would fund 65% of the state-run health care pools, and the pools would be a private-public partnership program. The total cost of the Clark health care plan would be $800 billion over 10 years, which the administration argued was only a slight increase over current health care spending.

April 15, 2009 - Democrats endorse Clark health care plan, GOP divided
As Democrats nationwide, and in congress, showed they were generally supportive of the Clark health care plan, Republicans found themselves divided.

May 25, 2009 - GOP Congress halts Clark health care plan, but agrees to expand SCHIP

Congressional republicans put a stop to the Clark health care plan despite having the smallest majority ever. "My colleagues have decided to oppose the health care law. However, we are open to expanding SCHIP" stated House Speaker John Boehner.

May 28, 2009 - Pres. Clark: I'll fight to expand SCHIP, we'll fight the rest of the bill after 2010

President Wesley Clark stated that he would work with House Speaker John Boehner and republicans to expand SCHIP, the State Children's Health Insurance Program, immediately, but that he would fight for the rest of his health care legislation after the 2010 elections.

June 2, 2009 - President Clark signs near-universal health care coverage for kids

President Wesley Clark signed the "SCHIP Expansion Act" into law, providing health insurance coverage to low and middle-income children. Under the new law, 80% of American children would receive subsidized health insurance coverage, costing the federal government $200 billion over 10 years. The law mandates coverage for every child under the age of 18 to have health insurance even if their parents can't afford it.

July 27, 2009 - President Clark signs payroll tax cut into law for working poor

After urging congress for six weeks to pass such a bill, President Wesley Clark signed a 55% payroll tax cut for the working poor, cutting the payroll tax on incomes below $12 per hour.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »

His Cabinet could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, but the TL can't Smiley
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »

His Cabinet could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, but the TL can't Smiley

I appreciate the input. Who don't you like?

October 20, 2009 - Sen. Rudy Giuliani calls on President Clark to formally condem North Korean nuclear tests

Senator Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) called on the Clark administration to formally condem North Korea testing nuclear missiles.

October 25, 2009 - President Clark sits down with Senator Giuliani on North Korea

President Clark and Senator Giuliani had a 30 minute meeting to discuss the administration's policy as it relates to North Korea. President Clark stated that him and Senator Giuliani came to an understanding that the Clark administration would condem North Korea through U.N. resolutions.

November 1, 2009 - President Clark signs increased funding for education, environment protection into law

President Clark signed a law he called on congress to pass which increases federal funding for No Child Left Behind and other educational programs. Clark also called for congress to fund environmental programs recommended by the U.S. Department of Energy.

December 10, 2009 - President Clark signs long-term economic stimulus proposal

President Wesley Clark signed into law a plan entitled a "long term stimulus" to the U.S. economy. The law increased funding for infrastructure, alternate energy tax credits, and 50% expensing of new capital equipment for businesses. While some congressional republicans objected to the law on the basis of it's price tag, $200 billion over a decade, enough voted for the bill to help it become law.

January 20, 2010 - A year after taking office, Clark approval at 60%

A year after taking office, President Wesley Clark's approval ratings remained at 60%, according to RCP average. Despite a sluggish economy, a majority of voters appear to support President Clark as a leader and his policies as it relates to Afghanistan and the economy.

Feb. 22, 2010 - President Clark: By January 2011, we'll repeal the Bush tax cuts

Confident his party would win the 2010 elections, President Wesley Clark stated that after the mid-term elections, he would push Democrats for a repeal of the Bush era tax cuts on higher income individuals. "In 2011, we will repeal the tax cuts for the very wealthy and instead move to expand health care coverage to lower and middle income adults" President Clark stated at a DNC meeting.

March 5, 2010 - President Clark signs Obama bill increasing pell grants

President Wesley Clark signed into law a $8 billion pell grant bill passed in the U.S. Senate by Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) expanded college pell grants.

May 1, 2010 - President Clark urges congress to raise the minimum wage by fifty cents

President Clark urged congress to raise the federal minium wage by fifty cents. "Every American deserves a wage that can be a means for them to live by as they seek higher ambitions" Clark told a crowd of Indiana factory workers.

May 10, 2010 - Sen. Rudy Giuliani: Clark has done nothing new on Iran

At a speech at the Reagan Presidential Library, Senator Rudy Giuliani attacked the Clark administration's position on Iran. "Luckily, thanks to the law I helped pass, the United States has some crippling sanctions against Iran. I am happy this administration has enforced those sanctions, and I hope they continue to do so. Unfortunately, President Clark has been awkwardly silent with regards to dealing with Iran. We need to make it clear that the United States stands with our allies and won't tolerate bullies such as Iran" Giuliani stated.

Sen. Barack Obama: Giuliani playing politics in foreign policy speech

In response to Senator Rudy Giuliani's comments over the Clark administration's handling of U.S. foreign policy towards Iran, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois stated that "the Clark administration has enforced the sanctions Senator Giuliani and President Bush put in place, and this President has sought to rally the international community behind the cause of stopping Iran from going nuclear. Rudy Giuliani and President Bush's go it alone foreign policy failed. We need to not only stand up to bullies, we need to stand with our allies" Obama stated.

June 5, 2010 - President Clark signs minimum wage bill into law

After negotiations with members of both parties, President Clark signed a bill into law establishing a twenty-five cent increase in the federal minimum wage. The bill also indexed the federal minimum wage to inflation. The law enjoyed strong bi-partisan support.

August 2, 2010 - Unemployment hits 10%

Despite nearly $1 trillion in stimulus since 2009, the U.S. economy lost the most jobs in more than three and a half decades, as the unemployment rate hit 10% in July 2010.

November 2010 - In close election, Democrats win back the House & keep the U.S. Senate

Despite a weak economy and President Clark's falling approval ratings (from 60% in January to 49% in October), democrats regained control of the House of Representatives and maintained control of the U.S. Senate in the 2010 elections.

December 5, 2010 - Nancy Pelosi to become first female Speaker

In January 2011, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will become the first female Speaker of the House of Representatives.

January 10, 2011 - Rick Santorum enters presidential race

Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum declared he would be a candidate for President in the 2012 GOP Primary. "Republicans deserve to have a conservative who will stand up for our values and fight for them" Santorum stated in his announcement speech. Santorum, making the pro-life position and populist economic policies the cornerstone of his campaign, became the first GOP candidate to enter the presidential race for 2012.

January 25, 2011 - Rice rules out presidential bid

Former Vice President Condi Rice stated she would not be a candidate for President in the 2012 election. "I will not be a candidate for President in 2012. I do not believe now is the time for me to seek national office" Rice stated.

January 27, 2011 - CNN 2012 survey finds Clark would face toughest challenge from....

General Election Matchups

Wesley Clark 49%
Rick Santorum 30%

Wesley Clark 49%
Michele Bachmann 29%

Rudy Giuliani 48%
Wesley Clark 42%

Wesley Clark 44%
Newt Gingrich 42%

Wesley Clark 46%
Marsha Blackburn 45%

GOP Nomination
Marsha Blackburn 36%
Rudy Giuliani 30%
Newt Gingrich 18%
Rick Perry 6%
Michele Bachmann 5%
Rick Santorum 3%
Ron Paul 1%
Other 1%

Feb. 5, 2011 - Marsha Blackburn announces presidential bid

Representative Marsha Blackburn, who was Mike Huckabee's running-mate in the 2008 election, announced her candidacy for President in Iowa City, IA. "I'm running for President because Americans need a leader who is going to stand up and lead where it counts." Blackburn, citing economic issues as the driving force of her campaign, entered the presidential race as the front-runner, despite her devastating loss as the GOP nominee for Vice President in 2008.

Feb. 20, 2011 - Rudy Giuliani close to presidential decision

Senator Rudy Giuliani stated that he was "close" on his decision whether or not to challenge President Wesley Clark in the 2012 election. "The fact of the matter is, our economy is weak, and this administration has done nothing positive to encourage economic growth. Also, the administration's indecisive and muddled foreign policy has not helped America become safer. So, for sure, I could make a viable case should I decide to run. But, the President's approval ratings remain around 50%, so one has to assume half the country would vote for him, half would not. Therefore, winning in 2012 will be a challenge, I need to see if I can be the candidate with the best chance of victory of it someone else would be" Giuliani told Fox News.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »

Go Blackburn
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »

Giuliani's foreign policy literally scares me, but I hope he wins, because I absolutely see eye to eye with him on most other ideas.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 08:35:44 PM »

Clark/Feingold 2012! And who replaced Feingold in Wisconsin?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »

Thank You all for the feedback!

As far as who replaced Feingold, honestly I did not think of that.

Feb. 15, 2011 - Rick Perry enters presidential race

At the urging of Iowa conservatives, Governor Rick Perry entered the presidential race. "I'm running for President in 2012" Perry announced in Iowa. Seeking to run as the anti-establishment candidate, Perry spoke about a flat tax and state's rights. Perry also blasted the Clark administration's economic policies.

Feb. 22, 2011 - President Clark signs medicaid expansion into law

President Clark signed a medicaid expansion bill into law. The law expanded medicaid funding and mandated that state's set up a medicaid health care exchange program for lower-income adults who could not afford their own health insurance.

March 2, 2011 - In response to 9.9% unemployment rate, Clark approval slips to 45%

With the economy continuing to decline for the 14th straight month, President Clark's RCP average approval rating hit 45%, the lowest of his term in office to date.

March 7, 2011 - Rep. Michele Bachmann enters presidential race

Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota entered the race for President in the 2012 election. Bachmann, who had been a leading critic of President Clark's stimulus packages, stated she would run as the "conservative's conservative" in the race for President.

April 5, 2011 - President Clark announces Afghanistan policy

From the Oval Office, President Wesley Clark announced that the 20,000 "surge" troops he sent into Afghanistan in 2009 would be out of that country by October of 2012. However, the President did not state when military operations in Afghanistan would be over. He did, however, state that "In Afghanistan, the United States has continued to defeat insurgents, and we are beginning to secure key victories as it relates to reducing violence. However, more work needs to be done."

April 8, 2011 - Newt Gingrich declines presidential bid, backs Rudy Giuliani

To the surprise of many, Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich announced he would not be a candidate for President, basing his decision on that of Rudy Giuliani. "I have decided not to be a presidential candidate in 2012. Since my good friend Rudy Giuliani may be a candidate, I can be assured that a solutions oriented candidate will run for President this year. As such, I will continue to be a contributor on Fox News, write about the issues we Americans face, and find solutions" Gingrich stated.

April 12, 2011 - Tim Pawlenty enters presidential race

Promising to be a "common sense conservative", Former Governor of Minnesota entered the 2012 GOP presidential primaries.

April 25, 2011 - Vice President Feingold launches entitlement reform campaign

Vice President Russ Feingold announced that he would be tasked with working with members of both parties to reform medicare and social security. Feingold stated that "It's time that those of us in Washington who work for the people of this country do something to solve the problems associated with medicare and social security so we can save these programs and reduce our national debt. Over the next few weeks, I will work with democrats and republicans so we can reform our outdated entitlement programs".

May 5, 2011 - Rudy Giuliani formally announces presidential candidacy

In Dover, New Hampshire, Senator Rudy Giuliani of New York declared his intention to seek the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. "As a prosecutor, I took on corruption. As Mayor, I fought to combat crime and turn New York's economy around. In the senate, I've fought to reduce federal spending and put the pressure on Iran to stop them from obtaining nuclear weapons. As President, I'll restore America's economy and ensure that we are a safer country" Giuliani stated to a crowd of over 1,000.

July 1, 2011 - President Clark signs social security, medicare reform spearheaded by Vice President Russ Feingold

President Wesley Clark signed into law a series of reforms to social security and medicare after efforts made by Vice President Russ Feingold and leaders of both parties to reform the two programs were successful. The Clark/Feingold plan on social security raised the retirement age by 4 years, slowed the growth on incomes above $200,000 per year for future retirees, and reduced payments by 17.5% on wealthy seniors. The plan also closed the "donut hole" associated with medicare while reducing medicare Part D benefits to wealthier seniors.

July 15, 2011 - Herman Cain enters presidential race

Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain entered the presidential campaign, stating that tax reform would be the issue he was going to be running on. "Someone needs to talk about tax reform in a way that folks can understand" Cain stated.

August 20, 2011 - Michele Bachmann wins Ames, IA Straw Poll

Results
Michele Bachmann 2,975
Marsha Blackburn 2,345
Tim Pawlenty 1,455
Rick Santorum 998
Herman Cain 702
Rick Perry 345
Rudy Giuliani 299

August 25, 2011 - CNN Poll:  Giuliani, Blackburn lead nationally; early states mixed

National
Rudy Giuliani 30%
Marsha Blackburn 28%
Michele Bachmann 22%
Rick Perry 10%
Rick Santorum 3%
Tim Pawlenty 1%
Herman Cain 1%
Other 1%

Iowa
Michele Bachmann 31%
Marsha Blackburn 31%
Rick Santorum 15%
Tim Pawlenty 10%
Rudy Giuliani 6%
Herman Cain 4%
Rick Perry 2%
Other 1%

New Hampshire
Rudy Giuliani 49%
Marsha Blackburn 18%
Tim Pawlenty 12%
Michele Bachmann 11%
Herman Cain 6%
Rick Santorum 2%
Rick Perry 1%
Other 1%

South Carolina
Marsha Blackburn 29%
Michele Bachmann 28%
Rudy Giuliani 20%
Rick Perry 12%
Herman Cain 6%
Tim Pawlenty 3%
Rick Santorum 1%
Other 1%

August 27, 2011 - Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) endorses Rudy Giuliani for President in N.H.

At an event in New Hampshire, Governor Chris Christie endorsed Senator Rudy Giuliani for President. "Rudy Giuliani has the leadership ability to lead this country during a time in which Washington is dysfunctional and stubbornly broken" Christie said of his endorsement of Giuliani's presidential bid.

August 28, 2011 - McCain backs Giuliani for President

Former Secretary of State John McCain backed the presidential campaign of Rudy Giuliani. "Rudy Giuliani has been a friend of mine for years. He has the judgement and knowledge to lead the United States of America for the next 4 to 8 years" McCain said of Giuliani.

September 2, 2011 - U.S. economy sluggish in August

While the unemployment rate slipped from 8.9% to 8.7% between July and August 2011, the U.S. economy only added 65,000 jobs. While this was the highest number of jobs added in over a year, Americans continue to be concerned over the sluggish economy.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »

September 25, 2011 - In GOP Debate, candidates define themselves

Moderator: Why should GOP Primary voters support you?

Giuliani: I feel that I am the best qualified to lead. As a federal prosecutor, I took on corporate corruption time and time again. As Mayor, I fought for policies which led to historic reductions in welfare rolls, crime, and unemployment. In the Senate, I've fought hard for the past six years to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, to reduce the size of government and it's spending, and to secure our border. These are all things I've fought for, not just talked about. I have a plan to revive our economy by cutting taxes; I've proposed cutting income taxes across the board by 25%, cutting our corporate tax rate to 25%, and cutting the capital gains tax from the current 15% down to 8.5%. I've also said I'll repeal every single regulation passed since 2003, and we'll only replace a few of them. We'll also repeal the Clark health care policies and replace them with policies which encourage greater competition and lower the cost of health care. If we do these things, we'll restore the American economy to growth again.

Blackburn: I think I offer the starkest contrast with President Clark. Look at all of the issues; I am pro-life, he is not. I am for traditional marriage, he wants to toy with the definition of marriage. On the economy, I have proposed making all of President Bush's tax cuts permanent in addition to eliminating the capital gains tax, the President wants to pick winners and losers in our tax code. I've proposed a plan to actually reform social security long term, my plan saves the program while saving our government money. The President recently signed a short term political fix into law. On foreign policy, I have said that announcing a public date for withdrawing surge troops from Afghanistan is a mistake, the President continues to talk about that date. The list goes on and on, the choice needs to be clear and I offer Americans a clear choice in this election. We can continue to pass short term fixes to long term problems, or we can work to tackle the tough issues and challenges facing our country.

Santorum: Republicans deserve a presidential nominee who understands their values. In the senate, I was a leader for the pro-life position, I fought for, and succeeded in passing the ban on partial-birth abortion. I also worked with Newt Gingrich to force Bill Clinton into signing welfare reform. Republicans do best when we explain our principles to the American people and stick with our values. Frankly, my friend Rudy Giuliani does not share many of the values of a lot of republicans on some of the values issues; Rudy is pro-choice and does not support a constitutional amendment protecting marriage. Our party deserves a nominee who will stand firm for conservative values.

Bachmann: What motivated me to run for President in the first place was the fact that President Clark believes Americans elected him in 2008 to expand the role of the federal government. He's increased federal spending by 14%, and he's added $8 trillion to our national debt. The result has been sluggish job growth and more debt. I believe Americans deserve a President who is willing to fight for those things Americans need to revive our economy, and that is to enable our free market system to work to it's full potential. I believe republicans should nominate someone who understands not only the values of our party, but the values of our country. I am a proud, constitutional conservative.

Perry: The fact of the matter is, in Texas, we do things because they are right, not easy. I understand that I am making a presidential run in a year where the establishment has another choice. But, I know in my heart of hearts Americans deserve a presidential candidate who fights for a flat tax, state's rights, and who tells the truth on social security. I've been an executive longer than anyone up here, and my record as such is clear: I've succeeded in leading the people of Texas during a time where we've seen over a million jobs added, even during an era in which America is losing jobs.

Pawlenty: I've been a conservative governor in a blue state. I've reduced taxes, cut spending, and taken on the issue of illegal immigration. This all in a blue state. I know that working men and women across this country are tired of the failed economic policies of the Clark administration. They don't want runaway government, which is what we've seen under this administration, they want jobs. My plan does what others does; we'll reduce taxes and reform our health care system, but we also need to talk about how we can re-train displaced workers and ensure our kids have schools that are the best in the world. I hope this campaign can be a conversation about the future of America.

Cain: The only way to return America to prosperity is by throwing out our current, complex, and outdated tax code and then replacing it with a new one. The 9-9-9 plan I have proposed will give every American a tax cut and help us become competitive again. I'm the only candidate in this race with extensive private sector experience. I understand how to grow jobs because I've done it before.

October 5, 2011 - Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) signs on as Bachmann campaign co-chair

Calling Michele Bachmann "the kind of conservative visionary America needs" Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska endorsed Bachmann's presidential campaign and signed on as her national campaign co-chair.

October 12, 2011 - Gregg backs Blackburn

Former U.S. Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire endorsed GOP Presidential Hopeful Marsha Blackburn for President, calling Blackburn "An agressive conservative who can win a general election."

October 15, 2011 - Romney steps down as President of World Bank, relocates to Arizona to pursue political career

World Bank President Mitt Romney resigned his position after spending seven years as President of the World Bank under Presidents Bush & Clark. Romney purchased a home in Tucson, Arizona, leading many to believe he was interested in seeking a U.S. Senate seat in Arizona. Senator Jon Kyl announced he would be retiring following the 2012 election.

December 1, 2011 - Mitt Romney makes Arizona U.S. Senate bid official

With polls showing him in the clear lead for the U.S. Senate nomination in Arizona, Mitt Romney, who spent 25 years in business, two years as Governor of Massachusetts, and seven years as President of the World Bank, declared he would seek the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Senator Jon Kyl. Romney, who purchased a 3,500 square foot home in Tucson six weeks earlier, stated he was "running for the U.S. Senate to focus on jobs for the American people."

December 10, 2011 - President Clark launches re-election

President Wesley Clark officially launched his re-election campaign from Little Rock, Arkansas. "We've managed to expand health care to every child in America. We've managed to invest millions in rebuilding our infrastructure. We'eve even managed to fix social security and medicare! In a second term, we can do even more to ensure quality of life for every single American" the President stated.

December 15, 2011 - Santorum, Bachmann go negative on Giuliani, Blackburn

GOP presidential candidates Rick Santorum and Michele Bachmann began attacking front-runners Rudy Giuliani and Marsha Blackburn. "Rudy Giuliani is pro-choice, he opposes the constitutional marriage amendment, he once called the NRA a bunch of extremists, and he supported a liberal democrat to be Governor of New York. and now he wants to be our nominee?" Santorum asked supporters in South Carolina. Mean while, Rep. Michele Bachmann attacked both Giuliani and Marsha Blackburn. "Rudy and Marsha both supported TARP, both support President Clark's troop surge in Afghanistan, and both supported President Clark's payroll tax scheme. How can we run two candidates who stand with this administration so often against this President?" Bachmann asked an Iowa crowd.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »

Iowa Caucus

Rick Santorum 30%
Marsha Blackburn 29%
Tim Pawlenty 21%
Herman Cain 8%
Michele Bachmann 6%
Rudy Giuliani 3%
Rick Perry 2%
Other 1%

New Hampshire Primary

Rudy Giuliani 44%
Marsha Blackburn 25%
Tim Pawlenty 18%
Rick Santorum 6%
Herman Cain 3%
Michele Bachmann 2%
Rick Perry 1%
Other 1%

Perry, Pawlenty exit presidential race

GOP Presidential hopefuls Tim Pawlenty and Rick Perry ended their bids for the republican presidential nomination, both citing poor showings in Iowa and New Hampshire.

South Carolina Primary

Marsha Blackburn 39%
Michele Bachmann 35%
Rudy Giuliani 18%
Rick Santorum 6%
Herman Cain 1%
Other 1%

Herman Cain ends presidential bid

After finishing last in the South Carolina GOP Primary, Herman Cain ended his campaign for President.

Florida Primary

Rudy Giuliani 40%
Marsha Blackburn 29%
Rick Santorum 21%
Michele Bachmann 9%
Other 1%

Colorado Caucus

Marsha Blackburn 38%
Rudy Giuliani 30%
Rick Santorum 21%
Michele Bachmann 8%
Other 3%

Missouri Caucus

Marsha Blackburn 36%
Rudy Giuliani 34%
Rick Santorum 21%
Michele Bachmann 8%
Other 1%

Minnesota Caucus

Michele Bachmann 40%
Marsha Blackburn 39%
Rudy Giuliani 12%
Rick Santorum 5%
Other 4%

Michigan Primary

Rick Santorum 33%
Rudy Giuliani 32%
Marsha Blackburn 29%
Michele Bachmann 4%
Other 2%

Arizona Primary

Marsha Blackburn 38%
Rudy Giuliani 31%
Rick Santorum 20%
Michele Bachmann 9%
Other 2%

Maine Primary

Rudy Giuliani 48%
Marsha Blackburn 20%
Rick Santorum 15%
Michele Bachmann 12%
Other 5%

Nevada Caucus

Rudy Giuliani 50%
Marsha Blackburn 28%
Rick Santorum 15%
Michele Bachmann 6%
Other 1%

Feb. 15, 2012 - Michele Bachmann exits presidential campaign

After only carrying her home state of Minnesota during the GOP presidential contests, Rep. Michele Bachmann ended her presidential campaign, thanking supporters for "giving me the courage to bring our message across this great land."

Super Tuesday 2012 - Giuliani wins 4 contests, Blackburn 4, Santorum 2
On Super Tuesday 2012, Rudy Giuliani claimed victories in Ohio, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Virginia. Marsha Blackburn claimed victories in Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Alaska. Rick Santorum claimed victories in Idaho and North Dakota.

Kansas

Marsha Blackburn 45%
Rick Santorum 30%
Rudy Giuliani 24%
Other 1%

U.S. Virgin Islands
Rudy Giuliani 71%
Marsha Blackburn 20%
Rick Santorum 5%
Other 4%

Guam
Rudy Giuliani 68%
Marsha Blackburn 18%
Rick Santorum 12%
Other 2%

Northern Mariana Islands
Rudy Giuliani 75%
Marsha Blackburn 20%
Rick Santorum 4%
Other 1%

Alabama
Marsha Blackburn 49%
Rick Santorum 30%
Rudy Giuliani 19%
Other 2%

Hawaii
Rudy Giuliani 81%
Marsha Blackburn 10%
Rick Santorum 8%
Other 1%

Mississippi
Marsha Blackburn 41%
Rick Santorum 39%
Rudy Giuliani 18%
Other 2%

American Samoa
Rudy Giuliani 92%
Marsha Blackburn 4%
Rick Santorum 2%
Other 2%

March 17, 2012 - Rick Santorum exits presidential race

Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, who presently was in third place in the race for the GOP presidential nomination, withdrew from the presidential race. "Our campaign was never about me, it was always about advancing America's values so we can revive our economy, strengthen our families, and keep our people safe" Santorum said upon exiting the presidential race.

March 20, 2012 - Ahead of voting in Illinois, Rudy Giuliani claims only he could win, lead

Ahead of the Illinois GOP Primary, Senator Rudy Giuliani told supporters he was the only candidate for President who could beat incumbent Wesley Clark and "lead." "I am the only republican who can win, I've won four elections in liberal country. I have a plan to fix our economy by cutting taxes, reducing the number of costly regulations, and reforming our health care system. I'm the candidate who can debate national security and foreign policy with the President. I'm also the candidate with the experience in getting things done to be an effective leader" Giuliani stated.

Rudy Giuliani wins Illinois Primary

Rudy Giuliani 51%
Marsha Blackburn 40%
Other 9%

March 21, 2012 - Marsha Blackburn ends presidential campaign

Representative Marsha Blackburn ended her presidential campaign. "While we could continue our campaign all the way to the convention, our country needs to be able to make a choice between a failed status-quo and a brighter future. You have done so much for me, and for that I will always be grateful. But, now is the time where we step aside, and help elect Rudy Giuliani President this fall" Blackburn stated to supporters in her congressional district in Tennessee.

Rudy Giuliani wins GOP presidential nomination

At an event in New Hampshire, Senator Rudy Giuliani claimed victory in the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination. "I am so very grateful for the broad national support you have given our campaign. Together, we have stood together in standing for those policies to grow our economy. Together, we have stood together to support a foreign policy which will enable us to make the world safer and more free. We will continue to fight for free markets, free people, and a better world during the course of this campaign, and during the course of my presidency" Giuliani stated upon claiming his party's presidential nomination.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »

I like this a lot. Map?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies