Official Office of Siren: Closing Shop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:54:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Office of Siren: Closing Shop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Official Office of Siren: Closing Shop  (Read 7113 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »

Hi Mideasterners,

It's hard to believe we already have another election rolling around the corner, but it looks like it's going to be an exciting race.  At the moment, we have 8 different candidates from 5 different parties.  If that isn't choice, I don't know what is.  Smiley

I feel like you all know me pretty well, but I still want to earn your vote.  I've been working hard in the assembly on a lot of issues, trying to represent y'all the best I can.  I have sponsored more legislation than any other assembly member, and I've never missed a vote on anything that came to the floor.

Working across the aisle, I helped secure funding to construct regional Museums of Art and Natural History and ensure that Mideast citizens have ample notification of when elections will begin and end.  I helped amend the constitution to end the loopholes preventing us from holding a referendum on the important abortion issue, and I stood against attempts by the Governor and others to make it more difficult for us to hold a referendum.  I'm also proud to have supported multiple pieces of legislation to protect rights and improve the lives of Lesbian, Gay, Bi, and Transsexual people.  This is one of the most important things to me, and I pledge to keep up that fight in the next session if re-elected.

At the moment, my priority is to pass the Recognizing Language Diversity Act, the first bill I proposed to the assembly that would ensure all Mideast schools have the funding to teach foreign languages from an early age and give our children the tools they need to succeed in a multilingual and multicultural world.  I also wrote the Mideast Comprehensive Sex Education Act to take advantage of federal funding recently passed in the Senate and ensure both more access and equal access to contraceptives and a rational sex education curricula for students.  So far, I think the Mideast is the only region to write up a plan for that program.  It looks like we won't get to that program this session, so I hope to continue supporting it in the next one.

I also have some other ideas that I'll probably be laying out over the next couple weeks for the next session.  Really though, my most important job is to represent you, so if there's any bills you'd like to see in the assembly, always feel free to suggest them to me.

Feel free to jump in if y'all have any questions.  Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »

Endorsed!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »

Endorsed obviously.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »

Cookies! Tongue
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2013, 11:32:04 PM »

I'm thinking of introducing a bill in the next few days to create a Native American Scholarship Fund in the Mideast.  This scholarship will help members of the Native American community achieve their dreams of graduating college, regardless their financial situation.  Since tribal communities tend to be some of the poorest areas, I think it's our duty as a region to make sure they have an equal shot at higher education just like everyone else.

Native American Dreams Act

1) The Mideast region shall establish an annual fund for the Native American Dreams Scholarship.

2) Any enrolled member of a Mideast Regional Native American Tribe and their children shall be eligible for this scholarship if they are attending a college or university in the Mideast region.  Awards shall be made to all eligible applicants.

3) Eligible applicants shall receive grants of up to $2500 per year for up to four years of full time university study, including summer courses if applicable.  Students shall be eligible for five years of funding if the student's program specifically requires it.

4) The Mideast Department of Indian Affairs shall solicit and manage donations from interested citizens to help fund the Native American Dreams Scholarship, in addition to the public funding provided by the Mideast region.

As always, feedback and comments are welcome.  Smiley
GAworth
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2013, 08:35:28 PM »

I'm thinking of introducing a bill in the next few days to create a Native American Scholarship Fund in the Mideast.  This scholarship will help members of the Native American community achieve their dreams of graduating college, regardless their financial situation.  Since tribal communities tend to be some of the poorest areas, I think it's our duty as a region to make sure they have an equal shot at higher education just like everyone else.

Native American Dreams Act

1) The Mideast region shall establish an annual fund for the Native American Dreams Scholarship.

2) Any enrolled member of a Mideast Regional Native American Tribe and their children shall be eligible for this scholarship if they are attending a college or university in the Mideast region.  Awards shall be made to all eligible applicants.

3) Eligible applicants shall receive grants of up to $2500 per year for up to four years of full time university study, including summer courses if applicable.  Students shall be eligible for five years of funding if the student's program specifically requires it.

4) The Mideast Department of Indian Affairs shall solicit and manage donations from interested citizens to help fund the Native American Dreams Scholarship, in addition to the public funding provided by the Mideast region.

As always, feedback and comments are welcome.  Smiley
Sounds good to me, I might introduce something similar in the Midwest.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »

Hi Mideasterners,

I just thought I'd throw out a friendly reminder that voting is going on for the Mideast Assembly Vacancy Amendment!  Basically, it amends the constitution to require special elections for vacant assembly seats.  I encourage everyone to go out and make your voice heard.  Smiley

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=184197.0
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »

Williamsburg, VA

Hi everyone.  It's been a great run, but it's time to start closing up the office.  I wanted to thank everyone who's supported or encouraged me along the way, whether it was when I was just starting out, in my LG or Senate candidacies, Assembly races, or the latest Governor's race.  SUPER SUPER BIG thanks to the people who supported me for ALL of them.  You are a rare and distinctive breed.  Wink  I also want to give a huge thanks to OAM, who was the best running mate anyone could ask for.  Our campaign was definitely something to be proud of.  Now it's time to pack up and move on to other things once my term ends on Friday.  Farewell.  Kiki
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:17 PM »

Sad Come to the Midwest!
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2014, 12:05:51 AM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2014, 12:24:24 AM »

Come back soon please!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2014, 12:47:03 AM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2014, 12:51:12 AM »

That was a good race. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2014, 12:51:28 AM »

Thank you for your service and commitment to the people of the Mideast, Siren. Although we're on the opposing sides of many issues, I have a lot of respect for you and the way you conducted yourself. You were open to bipartisan solutions to a lot of problems and it was nice to work together in the instances we were able to. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do moving forward. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies