Office of Attorney General Snowball
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:23:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Attorney General Snowball
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Attorney General Snowball  (Read 1173 times)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »

Here is my office, I appoint Talleyrand to help me until such time that I gain wiki access, the first priorities shall be wiki updates, more to follow.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »

Congratulations on the appointment, Snowball. Smiley

Yes, I am pleased to be able to help out until you can get Wiki Access. I hope you will be able to do a good job.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »

Congratulations on the appointment, Snowball. Smiley
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »

Break the Shell Corporations Act (add this to page, page already exists but blank_
This is F.L 46-10
You must be logged in to read this quote.
votes  5 ayes, 3 nays, and 1 abstention,
Sponsors: Marokai, Duke
Signed by president Snowguy

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 07:04:39 PM »

If I can offer my assistance in anyway, feel free to ask.

Just keep in mind that the OPs for the bill threads I created (all of them for the past year Tongue), don't include the final text, but the beginning text. Typically the links I give the White House link to the final vote tally, and the final text is typically the post before or after that one. If you have trouble locating a final text, I can find it if necessary.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:39:34 PM »

because I need vote info, I just go to whatever it was when the voting was announced, (why I made a point for the Termination for parental rights act.) So if that is ever incorrect, please feel free to tell me, I am first going to get the bills to way far back (at least compared to how long I've been here.)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 08:18:35 PM »

FL 46-11

Increased Mirror Sales Act

1. The possession or use of cocaine by individuals 18 or older shall be decriminalized within Nyman and all federal territories.
2. It shall remain illegal to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of cocaine.
3. Any penalties or restrictions placed on regions or their eligibility to receive federal funding related to the legal status of cocaine are hereby repealed

Sponsor: Napoleon

With 5 ayes and 2 nays

Signed by Snowguy

To Each According to His Need Act

Fl 46-12

To Each According to His Need Act

1. An additional $25 billion shall be appropriated for Section 8 Housing vouchers, to expand availability of vouchers and substantially reduce waiting lists for those qualified.

2. In addition to the above funding, regions receiving rent-assistance funding shall be required to increase lottery systems or other approaches to reducing voucher waiting lists.

With 6 ayes and 2 nays

Signed by snowguy

Health Spending Adjustment Act

Fl 46-13

1. The federal government's financial obligation for the following services, as provided by and subsidized from the Atlasian National Health Care Act, shall be reduced by 5% for the following services:

1a. Outpatient care. (Not involving the care of cancer treatment patients.)
1b. Dental services.
1c. Chiropractic services.
1d. Podiatric care.

passed  8 ayes and 1 abstention

signed by Snowguy

ON TO 47!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »

As you all can see, Marokai and I have been spreading love for a long time.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »

Thanks for putting the work in... any way we might be able to get vote tables for how the vote broke down (senator by senator) for each bill?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »

Thanks for putting the work in... any way we might be able to get vote tables for how the vote broke down (senator by senator) for each bill?

Lets just be thankfull that he can get the bills in. If such accessories are desired, then they probably would require some extra assistance in the effort as well. I have never figured out how to do charts or tables in the wiki, my limit is text, done very poorly. Tongue
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:18 AM »

First things first, I want to get all of the legislature in first, then I will start doing some of that extra work, but we are missing the texts for 47-53 excluding 49.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:27 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2013, 01:26:34 PM by Attorney General Snowball »

December 11, 2011(why is this 47)

FL 47-1

Department of External Affairs: September 2011 Foreign Policy Review

Definitions of the DoEA's Foreign Policy Review

Economic/Trade Restrictions:

Normal/None: Atlasian government and corporations are free to due business unhindered by government enforced restrictions.

Partial: Specific restrictions such as selective tariffs or partial embargoes are to be in place to attack the government and not the regime. Foreign aid can be granted if the regime shows signs of progress towards democracy.

Full: Complete embargo and trade is forbidden with the nation in question. Corporations in violation may face fines decided by the Senate.

Military Restrictions:

Normal/None: Any military hardware produced by private firms, or by the government of Atlasia may be sold to the government in question. However, nuclear material, technology and nuclear weapons may not be sold unless the Senate agrees with the sale of atomic technology to the nation in question.

Partial: Personnel weapons may be sold by private corporations or the state to the country in question. Personnel weapons are weapons, which are carried and operated by one man, i.e. assault rifles, mortars, RPGs, etc. No vehicles, armour, aircraft, or ships may be sold.

Full: No military equipment of any nature may be sold privately or by Atlasia, i.e. no uniforms, guns, vehicles, nothing.

DoEA Policy: Asia and Oceania

Afghanistan: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption, drugs, woman's rights and other issues.
Australia: Normal
Bahrain: Partial military and no economic restrictions.  The Atlasian Government strongly condemns the measures taken against protesters in Bahrain.
Bangladesh: Normal
Bhutan: Normal
Brunei: Partial military and partial economic restrictions
Burma (Myanmar): Full military and partial economic restrictions. We urge for a full transfer to democracy, and the respect for civil liberties and basic political freedoms.
Cambodia: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption and civil liberties.
China: Partial military restrictions and no economic restrictions, though we are very concerned over human rights, and political liberties. We realize that China is a major economic partner and full economic restrictions would be counter-productive to the Atlasian and global economy.
East Timor: Normal
Federated States of Micronesia: Normal
Fiji: Full military and partial economic restrictions.
India: Normal
Indonesia: Normal
Iran: Full military and economic restrictions will remain in place until the Iranian regime makes full, honest and lasting overtures to democracy, as well as fully renouncing any attempt at a nuclear program.
Iraq: Normal, though we have major concerns about corruption and other issues.
Israel: Normal; however, the DoEA urges Israel to end all settlements and work harder towards reaching a settlement to the Palestinian crisis.
Japan: Normal
Jordan: Normal, though we want a full transfer to democracy.
Kazakhstan: Partial military and no economic restrictions. We want a full transfer to democracy.
Kiribati: Normal
Kuwait: Normal.
Kyrgyzstan: Partial military and no economic restrictions
Laos: Normal, though we have concerns about human rights and basic freedoms.
Lebanon: Full military and no economic restrictions.
Malaysia: Partial military and no economic restrictions.
Maldives: Normal
Marshall Islands: Normal
Mongolia: Normal
Nauru: Normal
Nepal: Normal
New Zealand: Normal
North Korea: Full military and economic restrictions
Oman: Partial military and no economic restrictions
Pakistan: Normal, though we are extremely concerned about the apparent role of the ISI in harboring terrorists.
Palau: Normal
Palestine: Normal, though we are gravely concerned by the current political situation. Atlasia supports a two-state solution and would like a democratic and independent state of Palestine in the near future.
Papua New Guinea: Normal
Philippines: Normal
Qatar: Normal, though we want a full transfer to democracy.
Samoa: Normal
Saudi Arabia: Partial military and no economic restrictions. We are concerned about the human rights situation and urge the government to make major democratic reforms.
Singapore: Normal, though we would like a true democracy.
Solomon Islands: Normal
South Korea: Normal
Sri Lanka: Normal, though we are concerned about a few issues. We urge the government to build a modern, peaceful, democratic and multi-ethnic state with peaceful ethnic relations in the wake of the end of the civil war.
Syria: Full military and economic restrictions.  The regime of Bashar al-Assad has committed significant human rights violations against its people, and it is time for Mr. Assad to accept the will of his people and resign his position and allow Syria to become a democratic state.
Tajikistan: Full military and economic restrictions
Thailand: Normal, though we are keeping a close eye on the political situation and we will re-evalute the Free Trade Act with Thailand if need be.
Tonga: Normal
Turkmenistan: Full military and economic restrictions
Tuvalu: Normal
United Arab Emirates: Partial military and no economic restrictions. We are concerned about workers rights and political freedoms.
Uzbekistan: Full military and economic restrictions
Vanuatu: Normal
Vietnam: Normal
Yemen: Normal

I present the full FPR to the Senate and ask a Senator to assume sponsorship of this bill and urge the Senate to approve it, as per the terms of F.L. 32-18: Amendment to the SoEA Role Codification Act.

x Ben, Secretary of External Affairs

Sponsor: Napoleon

passes 7 ayes to 0 Signed by snowguy on Jan 12 and 14 respectively

January 03, 2012

FL 47-2

Student Loan Interest Rate Fairness Act

1. All loans provided by the Bureau of Student Finance shall have a rate of interest no higher than 5%.

Sponsor: Marokai

Weird voting, it passed with 5?-8 votes Jan 16 (21?)

passed by snowguy Jan 18

Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act

Section 1: Cleaning Up

1. The Marijuana Legalization and Taxation Act is hereby repealed and shall be moved to the Repealed Statute wiki page.

2. The Amendment to the Marijuana Legalization and Taxation Act is hereby repealed and shall be moved to the Repealed Statute wiki page.

Section 2: Regulation and Re-Affirming Legalization

1. The possession, sale, and consumption of marijuana, and the plants needed for its processing, shall be legal throughout the Republic of Atlasia.

2. The commercial selling and smoking of marijuana cigarettes shall be subject to identical location-specific smoking regulations and cigarette tax rates as currently placed on tobacco, currently placed at $1.00 per pack.

3. The commercial selling of products including marijuana shall be subject to an additional 10% excise tax.

4. 20% of revenue raised directly from the taxes of marijuana products specific in this or future Acts shall be directed to the construction and funding of treatment centers for alcohol, marijuana, and other drug abuses.

Sponsor: Marokai Blue

By a 5-4 vote, and over a week of the final vote being open, this bill has passed and I now present it to the President. (Huh) Feb 8

Signed by Snowguy Fed 9

FL 47-4

January 12, 2012

Competition in Electricity Utilities Act

1. $10 billion shall be distributed evenly among the regions for the expansion of coverage and rate protection of public electricity utilities.

2. Hawaii Community Power shall be established in the state of Hawaii for the purposes of additional competition against private power utilities in the state.

Passes with 5 ayes, 1 nay, 1 abstain Jan 28

Signed by Snowguy

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »

The Sept 2011 FPR didn't get finished until after the new Senate had started hence why VP BK had to close the vote, since the PPT position would have been vacant, and then President Snowguy signed it, afterwards. Both of which occured in the middle of January.

Does that clear it up?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

I know you are doing the old stuff first, but we might as well see how this feels.

Mr. Attorney General,

The Firearms and Mental Health Act of 2013 and the Amendment to the Spurring Skilled Immigration Act of 2012 have been signed into law by the President, after having passed the Senate. Senate debate and votes may be accessed here.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Senate President Pro-Tempore.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:19 PM »

I appreciate your response, Snowball. If you'd like to enlist the help of the Judiciary, let me know. There's not much formal senate business we can really do with only two members, so maybe I'll shift things to an informal session where we offer whatever help we can.

Actually, this may be best addressed in the Judiciary thread so we're not cluttering your office... that is, if you wouldn't mind paying us a visit. Tongue It'll give me and Oakvale something to do.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 01:41:27 PM »

signed on Feb 9

December 11

Freedom to Perform Act

1. Parties claiming injury or damages as a result of a concert or other musical performance shall not have standing to sue venues unless the venue has failed to meet federal legal standards.

2. Parties claiming injury or damages as a result of a concert or other musical performance shall not have standing to sue performers unless the performers are directly involved in the incident causing damages.

3. Sections 1 and 2 of this bill shall not apply to minors.

Voting 4 ayes, 4 nays and one abstain Jan 22

VP Bacon King voted Aye Jan 22

FL 47-6

Jan 28

Oil Spill Protection Act

Section 1: Oil Profits Tax

1. Any oil company that does business within Atlasia and earns a larger quarterly profit than one billion dollars shall be subject to a 5% tax on all profits above one billion dollars in that quarter.

2. Revenue from the oil profits tax shall be diverted into a newly created Oil Spill Protection Fund which shall be used to promote research and development of new technologies to prevent environmental damages in the event of an oil spill or similar disaster, as well as to fund emergency clean-up and rebuilding measures in the aftermath of such an event.

Section 2: Regulatory Effectiveness

1. All oil rigs and drilling platforms operating within Atlasian land and waters, regardless of their supposed nationality, shall be subject to Atlasian regulatory rules and will be inspected regularly by personnel from the Department of Internal Affairs.

2. All oil drilling platforms are required to install and regularly test each month 'emergency blow-out preventers' and evacuation drills.

3. Companies operating any oil drilling platforms that do not meet Atlasian safety regulations may be required, at the discretion of the Department of Internal Affairs, to pay additional taxes into the Oil Spill Protection Fund.

Section 3: Responsibility

1. In the event of an oil spill or another oil-related disaster, the oil and drilling companies in question shall be entirely responsible for cleanup measures. If deemed necessary by the Secretary of Internal Affairs, the financial resources of the Oil Spill Protection Fund will be made available to ensure a swift and full cleanup process.

2. No monetary cap shall be put in place for oil spill cleanup and compensation for damages.

3. Nothing in this bill shall be construed in such a way as to prevent volunteer cleanup and rescue efforts, and they may freely coordinate with local officials. Expenditures made from volunteer efforts for the purposes of cleanup and rescue may be reimbursed with funds from the Oil Spill Protection Fund.

Voting 9 ayes, 1 abstain (EVERYONE VOTED!)Feb 16

February 10

47-7

Repeal of the Do Not PM List Act
1) The Do Not PM List Act is repealed.

7 ayes, 1 nay Feb 16

still no presidential sig

The Master of Activity would like to thank the President for allowing this excellent bill to become law!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 01:01:14 AM »

Mr. Attorney General,

The Labor Rights Act has been signed into law by the President, after a presidential redraft was rejected by the Senate. The orignal vote can be thrown through here.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Senate President Pro-Tempore.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:35 AM »

Thanks alot, could we address this, by either following it or killing it

F.L. 41-3: Wiki Article of the Month Act

1) In order to stimulate interest in and increase contributions to the Atlasia Wiki, a commission shall be created to select one article per month for its overall quality to be showcased on the main page of the Atlas Wiki, as well as in the main Atlasia sub-forum in a thread to be stickied by the Moderator General. The "Introduction to Atlasia" thread may be used for this purpose should the commission or Moderator General decide anymore stickied threads would clutter the main page. 2) The commission shall be officially known as the "Wiki Commission," and shall consist of three members; one Senator to be selected among the Senate, one citizen to be selected by the Senate (who may also be a Senator), and one citizen selected by the President. There will be no specified terms for the seats on the commission, but the Senate and President may replace their respective appointed members at any time they wish.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 09:15:09 PM »

Is anyone presently serving on the commission? Since there no terms, it would be indefinite or until a resignation?

I am sure the Senator is vacant though.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 07:06:10 AM »

The Freedom to Perform Act was passed with the Vice President breaking the tie on January 24th, but the President never signed it, so it appears it is considered law'd, according to Senator Bgwah's statement after the debate and vote.

For future reference, what is the period of time available for a President to sign or veto a bill before it becomes law?

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 07:10:08 AM »

The Freedom to Perform Act was passed with the Vice President breaking the tie on January 24th, but the President never signed it, so it appears it is considered law'd, according to Senator Bgwah's statement after the debate and vote.

For future reference, what is the period of time available for a President to sign or veto a bill before it becomes law?

One week. Of course how that week is defined is matter of dispute, which shouldn't be a problem if there is now signature at all. Once you get to October-November, however; the real fun will start. Evil
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies