Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:10:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129397 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: March 19, 2013, 11:25:59 AM »

I think he answered that for us. The real question is, whether BushOK has actually been applying or is lying about that too. It's clear he doesn't intend to work until July at the earliest. It's all part of the "plan."

I want him to give a straightforward answer of if he would turn down a job if it was offered to him.  Furthermore, I'd like to hear why he would do such a thing, if that's his plan.

It depends on the pay.  If it pays at least $12.00 an hour, preferably north of that, and the offer comes in before Friday, April 5, 2013, you betcha I would take it.  I'm not dumb.  I'm not going to take anything less than $12.00 an hour because all that would be is gas money, especially with gas at $3.40/gal like it is now.  If it's real far away, as in over 30 miles one way, I would need at least $13.00/hr.  Living at my parents, I can't expect anything to be less than 15 miles one way simply because of where I live.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1601 on: March 19, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »

And let's remember... he's not even enrolled yet.  To my knowledge, he hasn't even applied to a school.

Also, I bet he's still drinking V8 rather than water.

Actually I've been drinking on average 5-6 glasses of water a day.  I may have a glass of V8 every other evening.  I also try to limit my cokes to one at supper and only if I have had at least 4 glasses of water that day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1602 on: March 19, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »

I think he answered that for us. The real question is, whether BushOK has actually been applying or is lying about that too. It's clear he doesn't intend to work until July at the earliest. It's all part of the "plan."

I want him to give a straightforward answer of if he would turn down a job if it was offered to him.  Furthermore, I'd like to hear why he would do such a thing, if that's his plan.

It depends on the pay.  If it pays at least $12.00 an hour, preferably north of that, and the offer comes in before Friday, April 5, 2013, you betcha I would take it.  I'm not dumb.  I'm not going to take anything less than $12.00 an hour because all that would be is gas money, especially with gas at $3.40/gal like it is now.  If it's real far away, as in over 30 miles one way, I would need at least $13.00/hr.  Living at my parents, I can't expect anything to be less than 15 miles one way simply because of where I live.

No... something that's $11/hour is not just gas money.  If you work just 4 6-hour days, that's 24 hours, which is $264.... $200 after taxes.  Assuming that the job is 40 miles away, that's 80 miles round trip, so you're driving 320 miles a week, that's 16 gallons of gas which is only $55 per week (assuming 20 mpg).  So you're getting to keep $145 per week.  Even if your job was 100 miles away, that's $136 in gas, so you're keeping $65 per week (and all of the jobs you applied for were certainly less than 100 miles away).

So try again... what's the real reason you would turn down the job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1603 on: March 19, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »

No... something that's $11/hour is not just gas money.  If you work just 4 6-hour days, that's 24 hours, which is $264.... $200 after taxes.  Assuming that the job is 40 miles away, that's 80 miles round trip, so you're driving 320 miles a week, that's 16 gallons of gas which is only $55 per week (assuming 20 mpg).  So you're getting to keep $145 per week.  Even if your job was 100 miles away, that's $136 in gas, so you're keeping $65 per week (and all of the jobs you applied for were certainly less than 100 miles away).

So try again... what's the real reason you would turn down the job?

It is the pay.  ~$150 extra a week for 24 hours a week only translates into what ~$200 a week for a full 40?  I'm too lazy to do the math, here, but at this point, that is the bare minimum I would accept.  I will not do anything that is under $11.00/hr.  In July, I may be singing a different tune, but at this point, none of the jobs I applied to yesterday pay more than $11.00.  I applied to those jobs because at the time, I was in desperation mode.  Last evening, both Mom and Dad told me do not get desperate.  Things never go well when you're desperate.  Last thing I want to do is forgo Kenya for a job that is meant for a high school kid.  At 31, I can't afford to be playing those games.  Sure they would provide a little money, but they don't contribute at all, or at least very rarely, to a career.  At 31 I'm looking for a career that I can take with me to Africa  Just about everything I am doing now is in preparation for Kenya.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1604 on: March 19, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »

I typically worked around 30 hours a week while in college. Also he could at least get a job during the summer. The standard he's using here is absurd. Even a minimum wage 20 hours a week thing is better than nothing, and better than just sitting around your parents' house and doing nothing. And hell it's not like you can quit looking for a better job while working a 20 hour minimum wage one. I worked a couple not all that great retail jobs when I first graduated college and moved to Minneapolis and didn't get a good job until April.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1605 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:26 AM »

Can Bushie just meet his tragic demise already?  I'm tired of all the false endings.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1606 on: March 19, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »

My example was with about the bare minimum hours that you could possibly get.  Why are you set on going to Kenya instead of making money?  Some money is better than no money.

If you were working 5 8-hour days at $11, that's taking home $350 per week minus $70 in gas if the job is FORTY miles away.  So that's still $280 in income.  And did you even apply to a job that was 40 miles away?

Probably not.  You said none were closer than 15 miles, so if you only drove 118 miles yesterday, I can't see how any of the jobs would be 40 miles away, as that alone would be 80 miles of your 118 miles yesterday, meaning that all of the other driving you did was only 38 miles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1607 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

My example was with about the bare minimum hours that you could possibly get.  Why are you set on going to Kenya instead of making money?  Some money is better than no money.

If you were working 5 8-hour days at $11, that's taking home $350 per week minus $70 in gas if the job is FORTY miles away.  So that's still $280 in income.  And did you even apply to a job that was 40 miles away?

Probably not.  You said none were closer than 15 miles, so if you only drove 118 miles yesterday, I can't see how any of the jobs would be 40 miles away, as that alone would be 80 miles of your 118 miles yesterday, meaning that all of the other driving you did was only 38 miles.

Inks, I've got a plan.  The plan is working.  That's all that needs to be said.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1608 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »

My example was with about the bare minimum hours that you could possibly get.  Why are you set on going to Kenya instead of making money?  Some money is better than no money.

If you were working 5 8-hour days at $11, that's taking home $350 per week minus $70 in gas if the job is FORTY miles away.  So that's still $280 in income.  And did you even apply to a job that was 40 miles away?

Probably not.  You said none were closer than 15 miles, so if you only drove 118 miles yesterday, I can't see how any of the jobs would be 40 miles away, as that alone would be 80 miles of your 118 miles yesterday, meaning that all of the other driving you did was only 38 miles.

I'm sure it's working for your interests.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1609 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:25 PM »

The idea that you can't or shouldn't work and go to school at the same time amuses me.  Sure, you're physically and mentally drained at the end of the week, but hey, it's important to have both work experience and college education.  Plus, work tends to prevent me from involving myself in otherwise distracting activities (ie drinking).  Of course, it has yet to divert me from this god awful forum, where I'm currently ignoring my Professor's boring lecture, while instead reading thought provoking update thread.  
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1610 on: March 19, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »

Answer the question... what's the farthest job you applied for?  And what are the rest of them?

Is this about you not wanting to "spit in your benefactor's face" by refusing his money?  Because if so, that's a bunch of bullsh**t!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1611 on: March 19, 2013, 12:27:31 PM »

Answer the question... what's the farthest job you applied for?  And what are the rest of them?

Is this about you not wanting to "spit in your benefactor's face" by refusing his money?  Because if so, that's a bunch of bullsh**t!

33.5 miles.  Mind you, I went from place to place yesterday, so I didn't drive 67 miles just going to that place and back.

How is that a bunch of *******?  And why should I insult my donor just because I'm not working?  I refuse to be selfish.  I am not mean.  Besides, I am not desperate right now.  Things are going okay.  People think I should be frantic trying to find something and say "To heck with Kenya and my donor."   I know what I'm doing is not conventional and is unorthodox, but does it have to be?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1612 on: March 19, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »

I refuse to be selfish. 

Indeed.....
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1613 on: March 19, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »

What's the motivation for people to offer advice or correction?

It doesn't matter. Whatever Bushie's problems, they are beyond the impact of anyone calling him out. If he's going to change, it will be because his family and friends stop enabling him. Not going to happen unless and until his parents pass away.

Posting in response to him for the frisson you get from being right and identifying someone as wrong is not helpful--even if you are right.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1614 on: March 19, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »

OK, so at 33.5 miles, if you work 24 hours, that's $155/week that you keep.  If it's 40 hours, that's $295/week that you keep.

That's ridiculous to turn down.

I find this incredibly hypocritical, selfish, illogical, stupid, and irrational:

Random guy offers you money to take a trip to Kenya, and you think you absolutely must take that money.  But you go out and ASK for money from employers, and they offer you a job, and you would turn it down.

The latter is a lot bigger insult and a bigger ball of saliva in the case, because you went out and applied for that job, just to reject it.  No, what you're doing doesn't have to be conventional, but when you're stealing from people, which is what you are doing by mooching off your parents, you at least have to try to be ethical.

Does your anonymous donor follow you on Facebook?  Because if he/she does, we know you've lied on Facebook... they probably feel sorry for you and think you're genuinely in need of money for this trip.  Guess what!?  You're not in need of donors... you're in need of some self control to quit being lazy and to go out and find a job.

You play the victim, but you are one of the biggest Internet con artists I've ever personally observed.  And you're doing it in the name of charity and Christianity, making it all the more shameful.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1615 on: March 19, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »

It doesn't matter. Whatever Bushie's problems, they are beyond the impact of anyone calling him out. If he's going to change, it will be because his family and friends stop enabling him. Not going to happen unless and until his parents pass away.

Posting in response to him for the frisson you get from being right and identifying someone as wrong is not helpful--even if you are right.

It doesn't hurt either though. If Bushie is going to continue to volunteer all of this information to us I don't see why we can't have some fun with it. It's not like anyone is forcing him to.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1616 on: March 19, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »

And let's remember... he's not even enrolled yet.  To my knowledge, he hasn't even applied to a school.

Also, I bet he's still drinking V8 rather than water.

Actually I've been drinking on average 5-6 glasses of water a day.  I may have a glass of V8 every other evening.  I also try to limit my cokes to one at supper and only if I have had at least 4 glasses of water that day.

You should enjoy your V8. It's not significant in the grand scheme of things.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1617 on: March 19, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »

It doesn't hurt either though.

It's cruel, because he is more aware than people acknowledge of how stuck he is, and is hard on himself, and is still not able to find a way out.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1618 on: March 19, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »

I find this incredibly hypocritical, selfish, illogical, stupid, and irrational:

He's just a guy you don't really know. Whether you're right or not, let it go.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1619 on: March 19, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »

He's posting his stories here... it's a forum, not a podcast.  We're free to interact with him, and if he doesn't like it, he can take his Update elsewhere.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1620 on: March 19, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »

You have no idea, unless you've seen his facebook, page just how much his friends enable him.  
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1621 on: March 19, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

It's cruel, because he is more aware than people acknowledge of how stuck he is, and is hard on himself, and is still not able to find a way out.

We're not really insensitive to this.  I think most of us are happy to sit idly by and view the results of a trainwreck.  When there's an opportunity to prevent a trainwreck we try, but he can't deal with the application of the art of common sense, so everything is out of control.

I wish he'd shut the whole thing down, but he won't.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1622 on: March 19, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »

He's posting his stories here... it's a forum, not a podcast.  We're free to interact with him, and if he doesn't like it, he can take his Update elsewhere.

You're free to do what you like, sure. But let's not pretend you're helping him or that it's concern for him that makes you keep going.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1623 on: March 19, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »

You're free to do what you like, sure. But let's not pretend you're helping him or that it's concern for him that makes you keep going.

OK, and let's not pretend that you actually know my motives that "make me keep going".  I'd say I'm in a better position to do that than you are, right?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1624 on: March 19, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »

Nobody is going to pay Bushie >$11/hour for his time. And he knows it. Like Kenya and trade school and the rest, it's just an excuse not to look for work.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies