Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:08:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130439 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 17, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »

You guys are hilarious.  You all think I am struggling to survive right now and since i am struggling i have no right to enjoy life or follow God's will for my life.  Let me let you in on a little secret.  I don't own my life.  There.  I said it.  I DO NOT OWN MY LIFE.  God owns my life and I will do everything He tells me to do.  He knows what's best for my life.  Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you saith the LORD, plans for peace, not of evil".
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1501 on: March 17, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »

Let's not waste our time anymore, friends.

[/thread]

Yeah. This is all a rather pointless exercise. Nothing we say has ever and never will do anything. When he stops lying to himself, then he can move forward. At that time there will be no need for an update.

Nonsense, guys.  Bushies plight is not one which is within his power to change - he is the working class of America, and nothing can change their miserable condition.

The point of the Update is art.  But I suppose you all missing the point is part of the show.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1502 on: March 17, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

God is such a dick.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1503 on: March 17, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »

Is Bushie going mad?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1504 on: March 17, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »

You guys are hilarious.  You all think I am struggling to survive right now and since i am struggling i have no right to enjoy life or follow God's will for my life.  Let me let you in on a little secret.  I don't own my life.  There.  I said it.  I DO NOT OWN MY LIFE.  God owns my life and I will do everything He tells me to do.  He knows what's best for my life.  Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you saith the LORD, plans for peace, not of evil".

You are Jesus's slave. And that status has worked out just splendidly for you so far. Slavery is freedom - freedom from responsibility. You are someone else's instrument. It kind of reminds me of the auditory hallucinatory masters of my schizophrenic nephew, who ruled him with an iron hand as he saw it. He was free from any sense of responsibility as well.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1505 on: March 17, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »

Just mad about Jesus.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1506 on: March 17, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »

You guys are hilarious.  You all think I am struggling to survive right now and since i am struggling i have no right to enjoy life or follow God's will for my life.  Let me let you in on a little secret.  I don't own my life.  There.  I said it.  I DO NOT OWN MY LIFE.  God owns my life and I will do everything He tells me to do.  He knows what's best for my life.  Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you saith the LORD, plans for peace, not of evil".

God tells Bushie to STFU, stand up and look for a job.

But Bushie can't hear the Lord speaking.

Ever heard the story about a man drowning, Jeff?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1507 on: March 17, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »

You all are misunderstanding me (and I'm likely misunderstanding you as well), but I'm not going to try to rebut right now, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I just combed through the Sunday paper and while it is pretty dry, I did find a few places I can visit.  Tomorrow, I've got two places to go at 11:00 and 14:00.  I'll make a lot of phone calls on Tuesday, then Wednesday, I've got three places to go at 10:00, 13:00, and 15:00.  I'll make more phone calls on Thursday and Friday.  I'm trying to conserve gas, but also make good use of my 3-4 week job search window.  After I get home from church tonight, I'll be putting in my application and/or sending my resume to other places as well.  Of course, I will call the doctor each morning at 08:00 to see if I can get in.  None of these places are actual interviews I am just putting in my application, so my time is flexible and they'll be accepting applications most or all week.  So, if I can't go everywhere I want to on Monday, I can go there on Tuesday.  Likewise if I go to the doctor Wednesday, I can go to these places Thursday.  The only difference is for Wednesday, one of these places is a job fair only for Wednesday 10:00-14:00, so if I miss that job fair, I miss that opportunity.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1508 on: March 17, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »

Bushie, do you live on your own?  Like pay your own bills, make your own rent, pay for your own meals, pay for your own gas?

Let me tell you, as someone who does have those responsibilities and is unemployed, that it f***ing sucks.

You say you want to live while unemployed?  Well tough luck son, it's hard to live when you don't have money coming in.  Sure, for someone who lives off of the charity of others it might be quite easy, but for those of us who have EVERYDAY LIABILITIES and DECLINING CASH it's damn hard.  It's damn hard.

It's good that you are actually taking the effort to read the paper.  Good job junior.  In fact, for the next three weeks or so this should be like your next job.  If you are serious at all about self-responsibility there is nothing that should take higher precedence.  It's a sh*t economy and sending your resume to one place a week just isn't enough.  It's time to bust major ass, maybe more ass than you've busted in any previous job search.  If you are serious about being self-sufficient, about paying your family and friends back, this is your new number one priority (oh yes, besides your dear Jesus and Africa sh*t).

You can't halfass survival.  Unless of course, you can afford to.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1509 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39:50 PM »

Bushie, do you live on your own?  Like pay your own bills, make your own rent, pay for your own meals, pay for your own gas?

Let me tell you, as someone who does have those responsibilities and is unemployed, that it f***ing sucks.

You say you want to live while unemployed?  Well tough luck son, it's hard to live when you don't have money coming in.  Sure, for someone who lives off of the charity of others it might be quite easy, but for those of us who have EVERYDAY LIABILITIES and DECLINING CASH it's damn hard.  It's damn hard.

It's good that you are actually taking the effort to read the paper.  Good job junior.  In fact, for the next three weeks or so this should be like your next job.  If you are serious at all about self-responsibility there is nothing that should take higher precedence.  It's a sh*t economy and sending your resume to one place a week just isn't enough.  It's time to bust major ass, maybe more ass than you've busted in any previous job search.  If you are serious about being self-sufficient, about paying your family and friends back, this is your new number one priority (oh yes, besides your dear Jesus and Africa sh*t).

I agree with this, but it is just how I was raised.  You don't throw away a very benevolent gift such as this.  I was raised that you go through great pains to honor their gift even if it causes you to wait on something that is desperately needed (in this case, employment).  I am giving my self 20 days to search (through April 5) and then I will take a hiatus until July 1.  I have combed through the paper for the last 3 1/2 - 4 hours trying to find something to maximize the time I do have.  I can manage to wait until July 1.  Yeah, it sucks living with your parents at age 31, but based on my parents wishes and how I was raised, I am going to search feverishly for the next 3 weeks and then suspend it for the 2nd quarter and pick it up again on July 1.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1510 on: March 17, 2013, 05:13:09 PM »

Religion makes people crazy.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1511 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »

Yes, religion is a plague indeed. It also makes people follow flawed men and legalistic rules, not Jesus Christ as we should. As a band I listen to put it: "Death to tradition! And life in Jesus Christ!"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1512 on: March 17, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

It's not religion, it's Bushie. If not faith, he'd find another excuse.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1513 on: March 17, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

And the reverse is true as well. Crazy people make religion.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1514 on: March 17, 2013, 05:20:44 PM »

And the reverse is true as well. Crazy people make religion.

That's true. That's why religion and the leadership of people should be discarded for Jesus Christ.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1515 on: March 17, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »

How do we know he isn't already mad?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1516 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »

I may be mad.  You never know. Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1517 on: March 17, 2013, 08:58:06 PM »

My working theory is that Atlas doesn't really exist, and it's just a product of your overactive imagination.  You've actually just been talking to yourself all these years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1518 on: March 17, 2013, 11:31:41 PM »

My working theory is that Atlas doesn't really exist, and it's just a product of your overactive imagination.  You've actually just been talking to yourself all these years.

Well, I do own stock in Mad Magazine! Tongue

just kidding
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1519 on: March 17, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2013, 11:53:39 PM by Veep Duke »

Sometimes I think we see the real side of BushOK come out in these threads. Defiant, stubborn, hard headed, unpleasant and passively aggressive.

I have often grappled with my own religious beliefs, and while I am not an atheist, I do think Jesus/God wants us to make the best of our lives and simply not throw our hands up and say "well, I will just let God handle it, and I will sit on my butt and wait for him to make it happen!"

BushOK isn't going to get a job. He will stay at home, sleep all day, take naps and mooch off his parents until his trip to Kenya. But from a God perspective, I doubt the Lord is sitting there smiling when it comes to his behavior, his lies, etc, and is probably even less happy that BushOK is using him as a shield to avoid real life responsibilities.

My point remains, and I have said this over and over. IF you have a calling to Kenya, then go tomorrow. Don't sit around for another 2-4 years "planning" and "mapping" it out. Just go. Follow that calling. You are just delaying the inevitable by not going today, right? So why wait? If you are that sure. I would just go, throw my fate to god, and fly out to Kenya tonight if I had such a calling, but I don't.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1520 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:25 AM »

Sometimes I think we see the real side of BushOK come out in these threads. Defiant, stubborn, hard headed, unpleasant and passively aggressive.

I have often grappled with my own religious beliefs, and while I am not an atheist, I do think Jesus/God wants us to make the best of our lives and simply not throw our hands up and say "well, I will just let God handle it, and I will sit on my butt and wait for him to make it happen!"

BushOK isn't going to get a job. He will stay at home, sleep all day, take naps and mooch off his parents until his trip to Kenya. But from a God perspective, I doubt the Lord is sitting there smiling when it comes to his behavior, his lies, etc, and is probably even less happy that BushOK is using him as a shield to avoid real life responsibilities.

My point remains, and I have said this over and over. IF you have a calling to Kenya, then go tomorrow. Don't sit around for another 2-4 years "planning" and "mapping" it out. Just go. Follow that calling. You are just delaying the inevitable by not going today, right? So why wait? If you are that sure. I would just go, throw my fate to god, and fly out to Kenya tonight if I had such a calling, but I don't.

I don't like to toot my own horn like this, but people who know me all say I am one of the nicest, and most cordial, people they have ever met.  In real life, I am generally not this defensive or aggressive.

I have never said, or at least willingly implied, that I am just going to sit on my fanny and let God do the rest.  What I have always said, or at least tried to convey, is that God will hold my hand as I walk, but I have to work.  When I fall, and I will fall many times, He is always there to pick me up and dust me off and get me going again.  In one of the Apostle Paul's letters, in 2 Thessalonians 3:10, he says to the church at Thessalonica (modern day Turkey, I believe) that if a man does not work he should not eat.  I will admit I've been neglectful of that ultimatum, as it were, but I am also mindful to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.  If the Holy Spirit tells me to do something, then by golly I'd better do it.  When I go to Kenya in June 2013, I will likely go only one more time, in March 2015, before I spend 4-6 weeks there in the Summer 2016.

As I said, I will be maximizing my time over the next three weeks to find a job, but I refuse to spit in the face of my benefactor.  I was raised to honor my benefactors to the best of my ability even at my own expense.  I have promised my mother that starting Monday, July 1, 2013 the day after I get back, I will immediately hit the ground running and search feverishly for a job.  If on the off chance I am working or have a guaranteed offer on Friday, April 5, 2013 which is my cutoff date, then I will go to Kenya in March 2014 and stay home and work in June 2013.  As long as no plane tickets have been bought, that benevolence will still be there in March 2014.  I would prefer to go in June, and every intention of going, but if God grants me a job by 4/5, then I will wait until next March.

I have the calling and the desire to move to Kenya, but the timing is not right.  They have to build a volunteer home for myself and volunteers like me to stay in first and they don't plan to break ground on that until at least mid to late 2015 and it will take a good 9-12 months to build that home.  So, the earliest I could move is summer 2016, but, selfishly, I want to wait until after the US Elections in 2016 and be down there in 2017.  The date is not set in stone still 4 years out, and if I try to nail it down, I'm only kidding myself.  It's like trying to pin the tail on a wild donkey blindfolded, but that is my goal as I see it now.  I can narrow it down to a 12 month range - Spring 2017 - Winter 2018, but that's as far as I can narrow it down, at this time.  I do want to spend 6 weeks in Kenya to test out the environment before I make the firm commitment to move, and I can't do that until the volunteer home is built, so that will be at least summer 2016 before that happens and I will then need time to button things up in America and set things in order so I can move down there.  When I move down there I will probably live down there for 2-3 years, come back to America for 6 months, go back to Africa for 2 years, come back for 6 months, and repeat the cycle.  I will still want to see my family while I'm down there and I doubt they will want to come to Africa, so I will need to find the money somehow and fly back and forth myself.

God revealed to me today, after a year of praying, what He wants me to do down there and that is plant churches.  I still need to discuss this with the Maisha coordinator, but as of right now, that is what I believe to be my purpose down there.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1521 on: March 18, 2013, 01:01:04 AM »

When I get home from church this afternoon, I will be getting into the Sunday paper and map out my strategy this week.  I am going to search for three weeks, because that's the earliest date that the plane tickets will be purchased for Kenya in June.  If I have not started a job or if I have not received a guaranteed offer by 6:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2013, I will suspend the job search until I get back from Africa and resume my job search on Monday, July 1, 2013.  I am not about to throw away a $2,000 plane ticket and I'm not about to waste the money of that generous donor.  I will look as hard as I can for the next three weeks, but starting on Monday, April 8, 2013 it is all about Kenya for the entire second quarter of 2013 until Monday, July 1, 2013

Jeff, you are running cover for your own excuses here. You are passive aggressively, half a$sing the job search. You know that you could get yourself out of this. As I mentioned you could try to auction this up or something.  You could pay your benefactor off that way and maybe even raise some money for the charity. And the plane tickets aren't in your bleeding name.  Come on man. You know you are in no position to be charitable here. This is a vanity project that someone is footing the bill for.

So, you are saying I should not even go to Africa period in 2013 or 2014 and auction this benevolence to the highest bidder?  Are you out of your mind?

patrick has a job and pays his bills.  He just wants you to do the same.

I am not suggesting that you profit in any way.  Let someone else go. I was suggesting auction because maybe  you could raise some money for the orphanage instead of being a tourist. Oprhans don't need some Americans gawking at them. They need money and support.  You can't provide that in your financial situation.  You are currently a charity case on your own. This venture is absurd.
That is not to say that you couldnt ever put yourself in a position to help and do great things.

In short, someone barely treading water shouldn't try to save drowning people.

This money was intended for me to go.  Even to let someone else go would be to spit in the benefactor's face and change the intent of their donation without their consent.

I'm not doing THAT badly in my circumstances.

Oh quit talking about "spitting in the benefactor's face".  You know that's not what anyone is telling you to do.  That money was donated at a time when you were better off financially, and could feasibly go (even though it was still a bad idea).  Think of it this way.  If I tell someone that I'm going to fly them to New York so they can participate in a charity marathon, but then they break their legs, I won't feel as if they're "spitting in my face" by not going.

You have broken your financial legs, Jeff, yet somehow you think you can still run.  And now you're half-assing your job search, and I know it - you may say that you're not, but this is what you do.  You admitted to planning on doing it so you could do the short sale on your house, so why wouldn't you do it so you can take a vacation to Kenya on someone else's dime?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1522 on: March 18, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »

1. The Bible also says not to lie.
2. The Bible says not to steal.
3. The Bible says not to be a glutton.

God isn't telling you to go to Kenya... you're telling yourself that God told you that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1523 on: March 18, 2013, 01:05:38 AM »

Bushie, do you live on your own?  Like pay your own bills, make your own rent, pay for your own meals, pay for your own gas?

You say you want to live while unemployed?  Well tough luck son, it's hard to live when you don't have money coming in.  Sure, for someone who lives off of the charity of others it might be quite easy, but for those of us who have EVERYDAY LIABILITIES and DECLINING CASH it's damn hard.  It's damn hard.

I agree with this, but it is just how I was raised.  You don't throw away a very benevolent gift such as this.  I was raised that you go through great pains to honor their gift even if it causes you to wait on something that is desperately needed (in this case, employment).  I am giving my self 20 days to search (through April 5) and then I will take a hiatus until July 1.  I have combed through the paper for the last 3 1/2 - 4 hours trying to find something to maximize the time I do have.  I can manage to wait until July 1.  Yeah, it sucks living with your parents at age 31, but based on my parents wishes and how I was raised, I am going to search feverishly for the next 3 weeks and then suspend it for the 2nd quarter and pick it up again on July 1.

Jeff, by that logic, wouldn't it still be spitting in this person's face if you took a job that required you to stay instead of going on the trip?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1524 on: March 18, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »

I have the calling and the desire to move to Kenya, but the timing is not right.  They have to build a volunteer home for myself and volunteers like me to stay in first and they don't plan to break ground on that until at least mid to late 2015 and it will take a good 9-12 months to build that home.

Will you be a volunteer or an employee?  I mean, will you be making any money there?  I assume whatever you make there will be peanuts compared to what you could be making in the USA, so are you going to have any money for retirement?  Or will you spend the rest of your life in Kenya, including retirement, so you won't have to worry about that?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

6 months?  Wow, that's quite a long family visit.  What are you going to be doing during those 6 months every few years?  Are you going to be living with your parents for the duration of those visits?

I've been living in Australia for about four and a half years, and have usually just made it back to the USA to visit friends and family once a year, for a duration of about two weeks, around Christmas / New Year's, when we have a pileup of public holidays anyway.  To leave for stretches of months at a time would be pretty disruptive, but I have no idea what your job situation will be like.

Of course, I also see my family on a semi-regular basis throughout the rest of the year as well, via Skype or Google Plus.  Much cheaper than flying halfway around the world.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies