Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:01:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio  (Read 4265 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: January 25, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

Ohio like much of the Rustbelt is trying to catch up with a world economy that is changing really fast.  Ohio is one of the states where the population has been decreasing.  The people of Ohio obviously don't want to be left behind and Obama's message resonated with them more.  It wasn't just the auto-bailouts but also the extra attention that the stimulus plan brought to emerging industries, electronics and renewable energy, which are very much needed if Ohio wants to become a leader and an attractive destination that people want to move to rather than move out of.  Obama's campaign was very aggressive in Ohio (if I remember correctly he said that Ohio State is his favorite school in the country while giving a speech there).  When you know certain measures are required for your economy to not collapse, and the other guy says "let them go bankrupt" you would probably be a little scared of what would happen if he was elected.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »

Sherrod brown, workng,class union guy solidified his support from Trumpka and auto unions.
Sherrod Brown isn't really that popular in his home state I don't think. I think Obama is more popular on his own in Ohio than Brown is or was a factor in Obama winning the stae. 

You're right.  If anything, Obama helped Brown get re-elected, not the other way around.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:02 PM »

Sherrod brown, workng,class union guy solidified his support from Trumpka and auto unions.
Sherrod Brown isn't really that popular in his home state I don't think. I think Obama is more popular on his own in Ohio than Brown is or was a factor in Obama winning the stae. 

Interestingly, they almost got the exact same percentage. Brown got 0.12 pts more than Obama, though Obama got more raw votes.

that's why I said, if anything.  Brown's slightly higher percentage has a lot more to do with his opponent who was viewed as an extremist by many in Ohio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies