Why don't you smoke weed?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:02:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why don't you smoke weed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: The reasons on the 'pro' side are pretty obvious...what about you h8rrrrs??
It's illegal

It's immoral

It's unhealthy

It's not fun

I do!

I don't know/care

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Why don't you smoke weed?  (Read 12538 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »

Is morbidly obese.

Won't smoke weed because it's "unhealthy."
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »

Doesn't interest me, and I have better things to spend my money on.

Smoking anything can't be the best thing for your lungs, anyway.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »

IT MAKES YOUR LUNGS STRONGER!!!!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 10:36:26 PM »

Because I have a brain, which is something you weed smokers are not going to have after awhile.

That must explain my sad mental state after 45 years of indulging. Thanks for explaining it!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »

I have no doubt it's fun. I just have never done it before. I tend to ruin my body with whiskey, bourbon, wine and PBR. We pick our poisons, I suppose.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »

Otherwise healthy men who have smoked the equivalent of one joint daily for seven years have a lung capacity that is 1.6 percent higher than that of otherwise healthy non-marijuana-smoking men. (Mark Pletcher, et al. “Association Between Marijuana Exposure and Pulmonary Function Over 20 Years.” Journal of the American Medical Association, 307 (2): 173–81.)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »

I do!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 10:48:59 PM »

One minute, you think you're taking the joke too far. Then they embrace it. Stunning people.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »

Otherwise healthy men who have smoked the equivalent of one joint daily for seven years have a lung capacity that is 1.6 percent higher than that of otherwise healthy non-marijuana-smoking men. (Mark Pletcher, et al. “Association Between Marijuana Exposure and Pulmonary Function Over 20 Years.” Journal of the American Medical Association, 307 (2): 173–81.)

What's science?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 10:54:11 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2013, 11:02:34 PM by Joe Republic »

I tried it a couple of times - couple, as in twice - and couldn't figure out what the big deal was.  It smells bad (and lingers, just like tobacco) and the high wasn't amazing enough to want to do it again.

Plus, most of the pot smokers I've known were intolerable, insufferable assholes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »

The sane Joe Republic(an) rears his head. I've missed him!

I'll never forget this time in college when this kid plopped down next to me in class and reeked of marijuana. I mean it smelled like this kid bathed in it. What filth. How do people stomach that? That should tell you right off the bat that there is something very, very wrong with those people.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »

I'll never forget this time in college when this kid plopped down next to me in class and reeked of marijuana. I mean it smelled like this kid bathed in it. What filth. How do people stomach that? That should tell you right off the bat that there is something very, very wrong with those people.

I'll never forget this time at a restaurant when this couple plopped down next to me and reeked of booze. I mean it smelled like this couple bathed in it. What filth. How do people stomach that along with the hangovers, headaches and muscle cramps? That should tell you right off the bat that there is something very, very wrong with those people.

Drinking puzzles me far more than smoking the dank even though I partake in both activities.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 11:07:05 PM »

I'll never forget this time at a restaurant when this couple plopped down next to me and reeked of booze. I mean it smelled like this couple bathed in it. What filth. How do people stomach that along with the hangovers, headaches and muscle cramps? That should tell you right off the bat that there is something very, very wrong with those people.

Drinking puzzles me far more than smoking the dank even though I partake in both activities.

Not sure if that was supposed to be mocking me or not. Whatever the case, people that would drink to that point would disgust me as well. Try a little harder next time.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 11:09:05 PM »

I had a bad second experience (first time I didn't get high).

I should clarify that I would be willing to try it again in the right situation, provided that I can find a way to not lose my wallet.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »

Not sure if that was supposed to be mocking me or not. Whatever the case, people that would drink to that point would disgust me as well. Try a little harder next time.

Mocking of course. My point is that Aristotle is right. It's all about finding the golden mean. Using stereotypical stoners to lay waste to the entire activity is ridiculous.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »

I just don't get how people can live with (let alone enjoy) that stench, dude. Sorry.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »

I just don't get how people can live with (let alone enjoy) that stench, dude. Sorry.

Maybe trying vaporizing.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 11:48:27 PM »

There are edibles, vaporizers, tinctures, cologne, smoke buddies and gum. Live it up.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »

There are edibles, vaporizers, tinctures, cologne, smoke buddies and gum. Live it up.

Cologne?  What will they think of next...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2013, 11:55:53 PM by Lief »

If you go anywhere in public (especially somewhere professional or semi-professional like a college classroom) you shouldn't reek of anything, whether that's weed, alcohol, sweat, cologne, whatever. Your complaint isn't one against weed-users, but against impolite, unprofessional people who don't take care of themselves.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »

If you go anywhere in public (especially somewhere professional or semi-professional like a college classroom) you shouldn't reek of anything, whether that's weed, alcohol, sweat, cologne, whatever. Your complaint isn't one against weed-users, but against impolite, unprofessional people who don't take care of themselves.

^^^^^

I never go anywhere smelling like marijuana. Even if it's 1AM and I'm just walking a block to the convenience store for munchies, I'll still take a quick shower beforehand out of paranoia that someone could smell it on me.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »

The dispensaries I've been to also have infused olive oil for cooking, tabasco, candies, cookies, teas, soda, and even pills. Honestly, smoking is one of the worst ways to ingest THC. The medical marijuana doctors here recommend against it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »

The dispensaries I've been to also have infused olive oil for cooking, tabasco, candies, cookies, teas, soda, and even pills. Honestly, smoking is one of the worst ways to ingest THC. The medical marijuana doctors here recommend against it.

I don't think tea would work unless you put it in whole milk. THC is highly fat soluble and won't mix with water.
wan
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 02:01:21 AM »

my state recently approved of it
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 07:09:10 AM »

Plus, most of the pot smokers I've known were intolerable, insufferable assholes.

That's a darn good point and I'll have to agree with you there.  However, given your social context - location, class, etc. - it seems unlikely that you would ever meet anyone who wasn't so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies