Colorado 2014 - How will Republicans/the right poll?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:24:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado 2014 - How will Republicans/the right poll?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado 2014 - How will Republicans/the right poll?  (Read 672 times)
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »

I can't see the Constitution Party coming second two elections in a row, especially as Tom Tancredo has rejoined the Republican Party.

My prediction is that the Republican candidate will win at least 30%, probably at least 35% of the vote, and the Libertarian Party will finish ahead of the Constitution Party. Hickenlooper will obviously be easily re-elected, unless he bows out after one term or gets primarie.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »

The CO GOP's problems are not entirely their fault. They've been able to win elections up until the early 2000s as a movement conservative party with a heavy religious component. Now, the only way they're going to do well outside of the eastern half of the state is with moderates, of which they have never really had any.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »

30-35% of the vote is ridiculous. Hickenlooper is not going to be approaching 70%. Too many liberals hate him and he has not warmed any conservatives up.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »

30-35% of the vote is ridiculous. Hickenlooper is not going to be approaching 70%. Too many liberals hate him and he has not warmed any conservatives up.

I think he's suggesting that third parties may be fairly strong in this election, and Hickenlooper will get closer to 60 or upper 50s even.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:16 PM »

Like in a lot of states that moved, the CO GOP is left with a party that is way too far to the right and they don't have much to play with.  I think yet another democratic sweep is likely in 2014 (Hickenlooper and Udall).
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 08:18:50 PM »

I think he's suggesting that third parties may be fairly strong in this election, and Hickenlooper will get closer to 60 or upper 50s even.

My thoughts exactly, I can see the Libertarian and Green Parties doing well.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »

What serious candidate can Colorado Republicans put up here realistically? Hickenlooper won't get 70% obviously; but like Maxwell said, he'll get at least in the upper 50s (barring some drastic changes to the political landscape and the Governor's own fortunes)...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies