Hillary: I'm not retiring, I'll be back on the "fast track" in a "little while"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: I'm not retiring, I'll be back on the "fast track" in a "little while"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Hillary: I'm not retiring, I'll be back on the "fast track" in a "little while"  (Read 12749 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »

Nope. I'm a Democrat. I oppose Clinton because she is utterly unqualified for the office of President of the United States.

I thought you supported Obama in 2008? If so, it's awfully strange that you'd say Hillary is unqualified to be president.

Edwards in the primary.

Hillary would probably be the most qualified presidential candidate in a long, long time. Great news for Democrats if she runs, great news for Republicans if she doesn't.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, who voted for the war on October 11 is fit to be President. The decision to go to war is extremely important, and anyone, particularly the Democrats who crossed over to support the Republicans when they controlled the Senate, is someone who placed political concerns over morality to the detriment of the American people and is wholly unfit for the Presidency.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

Yet you just said you supported John Edwards in the primary despite him first being a vocal supporter of the war. That makes sense.
Wyoming Conservative
Rookie
Bahamas
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 09:20:20 PM »

Wyoming Conservative
Rookie
Bahamas
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »

Yet you just said you supported John Edwards in the primary despite him first being a vocal supporter of the war. That makes sense.

Edwards apologized for his support of the war though and Clinton never did. In the primaries Clinton supported the war well Edwards had long renounced his support for it.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »

Edwards apologized for his support of the war though and Clinton never did. In the primaries Clinton supported the war well Edwards had long renounced his support for it.

He just said that anyone who voted for the war was not fit to be president. Apologizing when it was politically convenient wouldn't change that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2013, 09:29:00 PM by SoEA SJoyce »

I was a tad uninformed over four years ago (on account of not being in high school), and when looking in the newspaper and knowing that I wanted to stop the war, the one that seemed to take the strongest stance against the war was John Edwards, and not the one who said "if the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or has said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from".

But can we depart from my personal vote from over four years ago and get back to the matter at hand?
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »

I was a tad uninformed over four years ago (on account of not being in high school), and when looking in the newspaper and knowing that I wanted to stop the war, the one that seemed to take the strongest stance against the war was John Edwards, and not the one who said "if the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or has said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from".

So you agree that John Edwards was not fit for the presidency?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »

Dare to compete, Mrs. Clinton.  Dare to compete.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »

12+ years of a Democratic White House? I'm OK with this. Cool
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »

I don't remember Vader saying "NOOOOOOO!!", are you thinking of Luke?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »

I don't remember Vader saying "NOOOOOOO!!", are you thinking of Luke?

Revenge of the Sith, in the scene where we first see Vader in the suit.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »

Not news.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 12:02:30 AM »

If Hillary runs, then I believe the Republicans will nominate a woman for President as well.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

If Hillary runs, then I believe the Republicans will nominate a woman for President as well.

Martinez would be a solid general election candidate for the Republicans, but after her the bench gets thin.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 12:12:12 AM »

Martinez would be a solid general election candidate for the Republicans, but after her the bench gets thin.

Mary Fallin could also be a good choice.
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »

Mary Fallin could also be a good choice.

Fallin would get crushed
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2013, 12:25:36 AM by Starwatcher »

Fallin would be awful.

Besides Martinez, the only other I can think of is Haley, but she's likely to lose in 2014.

And none have what it takes to take down Hillary Rodham Clinton.

EDIT:

Well, we can strike out Martinez now, she's implementing ObamaCare's Medicaid expansion (her and Sandoval are the only GOP governors to do this so far)

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/01/09/1426161/new-mexico-medicaid-expansion/?mobile=nc
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »

Fallin would be awful.

Besides Martinez, the only other I can think of is Haley, but she's likely to lose in 2014.

It's possible Haley will lose, but I wouldn't say it's likely.  She appears to be a lock for renomination and while she looks to have problems in the general election, if she is able to convince voters her opponent is a liberal Democrat, she'd still be likely to win.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 12:29:05 AM »

My guess is that no "serious" (I don't count Bachmann as "serious") woman runs on the GOP side.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 12:29:51 AM »

I'd be hard pressed to vote against Clinton. It's weird, but I've always had a  soft spot for her. Now, I don't think she'd be a shoo in. She is fairly old, and a youngish and charismatic Republican might be able to compete with her. But short of Christie or maybe Martinez(who I suspect won't run and wouldn't get much support anyway), I think she would be highly favored over everyone else,even over GOP "superstar" Rubio.  

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

I'd rather have a relatively new face run for president, so this.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 12:39:52 AM »

I wouldn't mind another Clinton.

It just all depends on how the country goes in 4 years and who the other candidates are.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 01:44:16 AM »

We should just accept it now. Hillary Clinton, 45th President of the United States.

Although, this thread will be funny if she doesn't run or runs for mayor or something.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 01:50:10 AM »

Fallin would be an amazing choice, because I want to live through at least one electoral landslide that is as soul-crushing as that would be.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies