The Onion gets a little too close to reality once again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:19:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Onion gets a little too close to reality once again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Onion gets a little too close to reality once again  (Read 5515 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: January 10, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »

My dad pays my phone bill. Not becuase I need or even want him to. Mostly, it makes him feel important to be "helping". We have a family plan, so my part is probably about $75/month or so. It's very nice, but not at all necessary and it's gotten to the point where I'm 30 and it's extremely patronizing. But he would have hurt feelings and it would be a big to do if I asked him to stop. It would be an Everybody Loves Raymond moment. But I'm very capable of paying it on my own. So don't judge Tongue
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »

Once again, we come to my father. Except he's the one with the "alarming level of pride" and I'm the one with the debt.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:15:53 AM »

The Memphis airport actually isn't too bad a place. Sure it's super dated and small, but it's also pretty quiet and low stress. I'll take it over a jampacked mega airport any day. My personal most hated airport is JFK. Huge. Busy. Loud. Full of smelly foreigners who don't get the personal space thing and rude pushy New Yorkers. Forget Dante's 9th circle of hell. Send the treacherous to JFK.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 11:49:23 PM »

The Memphis airport actually isn't too bad a place. Sure it's super dated and small, but it's also pretty quiet and low stress. I'll take it over a jampacked mega airport any day. My personal most hated airport is JFK. Huge. Busy. Loud. Full of smelly foreigners who don't get the personal space thing and rude pushy New Yorkers. Forget Dante's 9th circle of hell. Send the treacherous to JFK.

My most hated airport is pre T-5 Heathrow. It's not been quite as bad since then.

I flew out of there once. The Brits are just so darn polite. It wasn't bad at all. However, the unassimilated Indians there smell so incredibly bad. I had to stand a few meters behind Indian guy in front of me in line just because of his crazy foul BO. Forgive my ignorance of a touchy subject but is deoderant uncommon in India? Even amongst those wealthy enough to afford a plane ricket to the UK? I've never had this problem in here. Indians in Memphis are very professional, probably more so than any other ethnic group. Maybe tied with the Jews. Indian hygiene here is top notch, and I think all the ones in the states would be appalled to know of how their brethern in the UK reek. Sbane, Xaxar, and any other subcontinental person, I sincerely apologize for being so frank on this delicate subject. But I feel compelled to call them how I see/smell them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies