Opinion of Oldiesfreak
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:32:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Oldiesfreak
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Opinion of Oldiesfreak?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Opinion of Oldiesfreak  (Read 13386 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »

Following Oldiesfreak's logic:

It was a Republican who signed into law the Chinese Expulsion Act. Therefore GOP is forever an anti-Asian party and you can never change that.
First, it was called the "Chinese Exclusion Act".  And Democrats overwhelmingly supported it too.

But Chester Arthur A REPUBLICAN signed it, and Republicans overwhelmingly supported it too. Therefore the GOP is an anti-Asian party for all eternity. Herp derp.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, 10:37:18 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »

Seems like a nice guy if you got to know him on a personal level, but in terms of his posts on this forum he's been a kind of ridicolous troll on racial issues and seems to vote with his sleeve color regardless of beliefs. That's just me though.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »

People who like to see other people annoyed and angry.

People who still think he will change his mind somewhere in the future... That's why I voted FF last time around.

I'd like to give the kid the benefit of the doubt but...man...I don't know where he gets some of this stuff.

Just check the URLs of the links he provides as evidence: National Review, World Nut Daily, Newsbusters... a fair and balanced variety of sources.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 12:26:39 AM »

He has to be a troll or a sock. Nobody could possibly be so stupid as to form the entirety of their political beliefs based on a anachronistic stereotype of the political parties and a cancelled Nickelodeon show.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 07:00:32 AM »

He makes assholes irrationally angry (as proof, see the thread we are currently in), must be a FF.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 11:38:25 AM »

He makes assholes irrationally angry (as proof, see the thread we are currently in), must be a FF.

You think angering people by insisting that you should not vote for Democrats because of things that happened 150 years ago and claiming the Southern Strategy was all about attracting Civil Rights supporters is FF worthy?

And of course how dense he gets when this is challenged. He's like J. J. in training.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 11:46:46 AM »

I've never understood that part.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »

Hold on, what cancelled Nickelodeon show?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »

Not one of the important ones.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »

You think angering people by insisting that you should not vote for Democrats because of things that happened 150 years ago and claiming the Southern Strategy was all about attracting Civil Rights supporters is FF worthy?

And of course how dense he gets when this is challenged. He's like J. J. in training.

Now now, it's not so easy to achieve J. J.'s expertise.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »

My life as a teenage robot. It's in his sig and he makes random obscure references to it often.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »

He has to be a troll or a sock. Nobody could possibly be so stupid as to form the entirety of their political beliefs based on a anachronistic stereotype of the political parties and a cancelled Nickelodeon show.
First, I did not base my political beliefs on MLAATR; I'm just a fan, and that's part of my non-political life.  And second, how is it an anachronistic stereotype?  Everything I've said is based on solid historical evidence, and you guys don't like it because you're overwhelmngly left-wing and it makes your side look bad.  And as for my sources being unreliable, the sources you always use to prove me "wrong" are unreliable because they are very biased toward liberals.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »

First, I did not base my political beliefs on MLAATR; I'm just a fan, and that's part of my non-political life.  And second, how is it an anachronistic stereotype?  Everything I've said is based on solid historical evidence, and you guys don't like it because you're overwhelmngly left-wing and it makes your side look bad.  And as for my sources being unreliable, the sources you always use to prove me "wrong" are unreliable because they are very biased toward liberals.

You think you're better and know more about History and Politics than the rest of the World, but you didn't know Jesse Jackson was never the D nominee for President.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2013, 06:18:11 PM »

You think you're better and know more about History and Politics than the rest of the World, but you didn't know Jesse Jackson was never the D nominee for President. And that makes your side look stupid.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2013, 06:44:02 PM »

I get him and Cathcon mixed up quite a bit, but both are massive FF's in my opinion.  I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't agree with everything anyone says, but he's a great young man and is an important and (should be) valued member of this forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »

I get him and Cathcon mixed up quite a bit, but both are massive FF's in my opinion.  I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't agree with everything anyone says, but he's a great young man and is an important and (should be) valued member of this forum.

You are the last person on earth that should talk about valued posting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »

I make contributions every now and then. Smiley
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2013, 06:51:57 PM »

I have a few questions. 

What books about the civil rights era and politics in the 60s-80s have you read? 
Today, do you think white Democrats are more racist than white Republicans?
Do you think northern Democrats in 1964 were more racist than northern Republicans?
Do you admit there has been a history of racism in both political parties?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

I make contributions every now and then. Smiley

Obviously you're still to get a difference between value and mass production.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 02:42:30 AM »

First, I did not base my political beliefs on MLAATR; I'm just a fan, and that's part of my non-political life.

Why is why you mentioned "space bikers" in a discussion about the Civil Rights Act?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anachronistic does not mean ahistorical. In fact, the fact that you rely solely on history rather than modern grievances seems to substantiate that you hold an anachronistic view of the two parties.

That has to be one of the first times I've been accused of being left-wing. I don't like your argument because it relies on faulty logic and makes your own argument look bad.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »

You think you're better and know more about History and Politics than the rest of the World, but you didn't know Jesse Jackson was never the D nominee for President.

See, but Jesse Jackson hated blacks. So check mate, Racistcrat.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »

First, I did not base my political beliefs on MLAATR; I'm just a fan, and that's part of my non-political life.

Why is why you mentioned "space bikers" in a discussion about the Civil Rights Act?

Anachronistic does not mean ahistorical. In fact, the fact that you rely solely on history rather than modern grievances seems to substantiate that you hold an anachronistic view of the two parties.

That has to be one of the first times I've been accused of being left-wing. I don't like your argument because it relies on faulty logic and makes your own argument look bad.
I didn't base it solely on history; I have plenty of grievances with the Democrats of today.  And I called Janet Napolitano and Tammy Baldwin "space bikera" in a poll on the latter.  It wasn't a discussion about the '64 CRA.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »

Wtf is a 'space biker'?  Some kind of euphemism for lesbian, you strange little bigot?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »

For someone so obsessed with civil rights (never mind if he failed to notice any progress on that field since Grant administration) Oldiesfreak is extremely narrow minded bigot. While his bigotry is not aimed at race but rather geographic region it's still hypocrisy at the max.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies