Opinion of scones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:41:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of scones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What do you think
Freedom Food

Horrible Food, of the upper class, down with toffs, long live the working man, etc, etc

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of scones  (Read 3982 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »

Ah. Finally a topic well worth generating comment.

I remember buying plantains once and being warned by the Vietnamese vendor that it was a, quote, "foreigner banana".
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 06:33:15 AM »

Looks like Denis Healey.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »

It's Johannes Rau.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

This is all just far too confusing.

If you mean the type you have at Devonshire tea with home-made jam and some cream, Freedom Food.

A-fricking-men to that!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »

If we're talking about what Americans call biscuits, total garbage. Just a flavorless bunch of white flour and butter. What I've always heard as a scone is a hard stale odd shaped cookie. It's not awful, but not anything I would choose from Starbucks. Give me a big soft oatmeal raisin anyday. And while we're on the topic, does anybody remember the molassas cookie that Starbucks used to have? It's been discontinued for several years. Man, those things were great!!!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:50 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2012, 11:45:39 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Massive Freedom Food.  And are they English or Scottish in origin?  And personally, I love "American" biscuits.  You do realize that an "Irish" biscuit would be a cookie, right?
Plus, the wonderful irony of this poll is that the same liberals who claim to champion the "working man" and demonize the upper classes will probably vote Freedom Food as well because they're European.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »

Real people eat donuts (I'm a glazed jelly man myself, though a regular old glazed is pretty damned good too).  Weird Euros and Americans putting on airs eat these "scone" things.

(I actually rarely eat sweet things, salty, spicy or sour is SOOO much better)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »

Plus, the wonderful irony of this poll is that the same liberals who claim to champion the "working man" and demonize the upper classes will probably vote Freedom Food as well because they're European.

God, you're so dumb.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »

How stupid can you possibly be?

Scones are delicious.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »

I don't care for those either.  Although if you put a gun to my chest and made me choose I'd pick the doughnut over the scone. 

Beef Jerky, dude.  That's what real men eat.  And Chinese food.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

I don't care for those either.  Although if you put a gun to my chest and made me choose I'd pick the doughnut over the scone. 

Well, you tend to drink your sugar, no? Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »

Massive Freedom Food.  And are they English or Scottish in origin?  And personally, I love "American" biscuits.  You do realize that an "Irish" biscuit would be a cookie, right?

Oh.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

Well, you tend to drink your sugar, no? Wink

Ha!  Fair enough.  I certainly don't have a sweet tooth, but I suppose I do get my daily supply of fruits and grains, so to speak. 

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »

Good beef jerky is expensive and the cheap sh**t hurts my teeth.  I enjoy the stuff when I get my hands on it though.

I do love me some Chinese food too.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »

Good beef jerky is expensive and the cheap sh**t hurts my teeth.  I enjoy the stuff when I get my hands on it though.

My uncle jerks his own beef in his basement.  It's very good, but now that I've moved back east I don't seem him much any more.  We usually buy the red one at CVS.  My son likes the Teriaki flavor so that's what we usually buy.  ALDI has some too but it's not as chewy.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

My uncle jerks his own beef in his basement.  It's very good, but now that I've moved back east I don't seem him much any more.  We usually buy the red one at CVS.  My son likes the Teriaki flavor so that's what we usually buy.  ALDI has some too but it's not as chewy.

I know a few people who jerk their own beef in their basement, but rarely with a teriyaki flavour.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »

I don't care for those either.  Although if you put a gun to my chest and made me choose I'd pick the doughnut over the scone.  

Beef Jerky, dude.  That's what real men eat.  And Chinese food.
Good beef jerky is expensive and the cheap sh**t hurts my teeth.  I enjoy the stuff when I get my hands on it though.

My uncle jerks his own beef in his basement.  It's very good, but now that I've moved back east I don't seem him much any more.  We usually buy the red one at CVS.  My son likes the Teriaki flavor so that's what we usually buy.  ALDI has some too but it's not as chewy.

I know a few people who jerk their own beef in their basement, but rarely with a teriyaki flavour.
lol.  Indeed, it has a much more mushroom pizza aroma.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies