County Map notes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:41:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  County Map notes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: County Map notes  (Read 1605 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 06:16:55 PM »

Overall, Washington will probably vote for Lewis. Just judging by how I think the members on this forum would vote who are registered in Washington. I think StevenNick is the only Republican here, so Lewis (maybe Al if enough Dems vote for him) will win.

In real life, I don't think Al would have a chance in Washington. It leans more libertarian than it does authoritarian. In real life, Kemperor, being a moderate with a dem VP and Lewis/Al splitting the liberal, vote would win narrowly.

for the fantasy election, all of Eastern Washington goes to Kemperor.  In Western WA, King, Snohomish, Whatcom, San Juan, Jefferson, Pacific, Grays Harbor, Skamania, Pacific, Grays Harbor, and Thurston should go Lewis. All other counties in Western WA should go Kemp, Pierce going narrowly to him due to the fact that the only member from there is StevenNick.

And those 11 or so counties I mentioned for Lewis are more than enough to make the entire state go to him.

BTW, I live in King.

Skamania county would go Lewis against KEmp? Nah. It's a libertarian area through and through. I'd actually say Al would do well in the coastal areas - perhaps well enough to mix the vote.

I think KEmp would win narrowly because of vote splitting of Lewis (hipster areas of Seattle, parts of Tacoma, etc.) against Al (union coastal, inland manufacturing.) It would be close, though.

I'd give Lewis San Juan, King, Whatcom, Jefferson, Snohomish, and Thurston.

I'd give Al Grays Harbor, Pacific, Cowlitz, and maybe Wahkiakum.

I'd give KEmp the rest.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 06:25:06 PM »

Overall, Washington will probably vote for Lewis. Just judging by how I think the members on this forum would vote who are registered in Washington. I think StevenNick is the only Republican here, so Lewis (maybe Al if enough Dems vote for him) will win.

In real life, I don't think Al would have a chance in Washington. It leans more libertarian than it does authoritarian. In real life, Kemperor, being a moderate with a dem VP and Lewis/Al splitting the liberal, vote would win narrowly.

for the fantasy election, all of Eastern Washington goes to Kemperor.  In Western WA, King, Snohomish, Whatcom, San Juan, Jefferson, Pacific, Grays Harbor, Skamania, Pacific, Grays Harbor, and Thurston should go Lewis. All other counties in Western WA should go Kemp, Pierce going narrowly to him due to the fact that the only member from there is StevenNick.

And those 11 or so counties I mentioned for Lewis are more than enough to make the entire state go to him.

BTW, I live in King.

Skamania county would go Lewis against KEmp? Nah. It's a libertarian area through and through. I'd actually say Al would do well in the coastal areas - perhaps well enough to mix the vote.

I think KEmp would win narrowly because of vote splitting of Lewis (hipster areas of Seattle, parts of Tacoma, etc.) against Al (union coastal, inland manufacturing.) It would be close, though.

I'd give KEmp the rest.

Errr, I meant to say Cowlitz instead of Skamania. But anyway, Wahkiakum will definately go Kemp and Al won't win a single county in the area. Not a chance!

In real life I said it would go narrowly Kemp, but we're also considering the members of this forum, aren't we? And just to clarify...

1) StevenNick will probably be the only Kemp voter in the state, since you registered in SD.
2) I'm pretty sure every other registered Washingtonian will vote for Al or Lewis
3) It also depends on whether were talking round 1, or the final round after the preferential voting kicks in. Most Al votes go to Lewis and vice versa, although I will probably go Lewis-Kemp-Al.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2005, 06:28:21 PM »

Making Oklahoma blue on the best case for Lewis?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2005, 06:29:06 PM »

BTW, I live in King.

I'd give KEmp the rest.

Errr, I meant to say Cowlitz instead of Skamania. But anyway, Wahkiakum will definately go Kemp and Al won't win a single county in the area. Not a chance!

In real life I said it would go narrowly Kemp, but we're also considering the members of this forum, aren't we? And just to clarify...

1) StevenNick will probably be the only Kemp voter in the state, since you registered in SD.
2) I'm pretty sure every other registered Washingtonian will vote for Al or Lewis
3) It also depends on whether were talking round 1, or the final round after the preferential voting kicks in. Most Al votes go to Lewis and vice versa, although I will probably go Lewis-Kemp-Al.

I suppose this is true, although generally there is some weight towards real-life. For instance, a state won 2-1 isn't usually 67-33 in the maps.

I guess I am being a bit generous, although I'd think Al would get lots of union support around Kelso-Longview. Maybe not.

Anyway, let's not pull a Pennsylvania here. ;)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2005, 06:31:29 PM »

^Alcon, well...yes, we consider real life and forum votes.

So, real life = Narrow Kemp
Fantasy Election = Heavy Lewis/Al

Combine them and I think it would go narrowly Lewis.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2005, 06:32:03 PM »

Making Oklahoma blue on the best case for Lewis?

I think he's using American demographics in reality.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2005, 06:34:53 PM »

I suppose, yes, although this is moot since it is a county, not a state map. Wink
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 06:40:25 PM »

I suppose, yes, although this is moot since it is a county, not a state map. Wink

True, but I think Lewis would have to win enough counties to give him the entire state.

But then again Murray won with 5 counties so... Smiley

Well all King County members (me, Gabu, maybe several others) will vote for *a* Democrat (Gabu, are you voting Al?) so maybe King will have to be 70% or 80% Democrat because that would

A) Reflect very democratic voting in King County (in real life but moreso in fantasy)
2) Let Lewis win with few counties.

San Juan and Jefferson should also be over 70.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 06:42:02 PM »

I'm currently undecided between Al and Lewis.  Leaning towards Al, though the two will almost certainly be my top two preferences in one order or another.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2005, 06:48:29 PM »

Another thing to consider w/ Washington, maybe Alcon knows something too.

Several counties in Eastern WA have voted democrat in the past and, although I'm not sure, might have quite a Union influence, countes like Asotin. What do you think??
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2005, 08:03:56 PM »

A few tips for Al on NM:

Even though I will vote for KEmp and thus give the state to him, make your county map so that it's really, really, close between the two of you. Kinda like 2004, actually.

Inside Joke: Lewis wins Santa Fe County...and that's it. There ain't enough plain liberals anywhere else, but there are quite a few populists, so Al should take every other Democratic-voting county in NM.

Inside Joke 2: KEmp gets over 60% in Los Alamos County, being the Yuppie Libertarian haven they are. Wink

Feel free to have fun with NM, though, Al... Smiley
I want Taos and McKinley! Angry

Well, if you're winning the Native American vote, I'll give you McKinley. But I think Taos County's populists outnumber Taos County's liberals (there aren't that many druggie hippies, ya know... Tongue).
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2005, 08:34:39 PM »

Another thing to consider w/ Washington, maybe Alcon knows something too.

Several counties in Eastern WA have voted democrat in the past and, although I'm not sure, might have quite a Union influence, countes like Asotin. What do you think??

I live right across the river from Asotin county.  It is pretty conservative and I do not know of much union presence, there isn't alot of unionized industries.  I think their voting patterns in the past had something to do with Tom Foley.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2005, 04:56:28 AM »

With Supersoulty entering as a write-in I can solve a few problems that have been irritating me
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies