Which potential candidates are most likely to have an affair/scandal before '16?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:53:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which potential candidates are most likely to have an affair/scandal before '16?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which potential candidates are most likely to have an affair/scandal before '16?  (Read 729 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »

Something a little more fun! Tongue (I hope the mods think this is ok)

Back in late 2008, early 2009, everyone thought Mark Sanford and John Ensign would be frontrunners in 2012's GOP primary race. We know how those two turned out. The Democratic side also has its fair share of sexual affairs and other scandals, but usually revealed long after Election Day.

So, which talked-about 2016 candidates are most likely to have a sexual affair, or some other kind of disqualifying scandal (corruption, nepotism)??

I think Marco Rubio is most likely to have an affair. Probably with a gay Mexican prostitute. He just seems the type to me.

A gay scandal with Santorum is also overdue.

Paul Ryan also seems insecure with his sexuality but I don't think he'd cheat, I think he'd stay clean.

Nikki Haley is most likely to have a big nepotism/corruption scandal, since she's already faced a variety of smaller charges of nepotism since being elected.

Biden and Cuomo may have a roving eye...

Your turn!
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »

Let's just say I don't wish for any of them to get affairs, but if anyone comes close it would have to be Paul Ryan.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »

Joe Biden can't be sqeaky clean either.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:54:43 PM »

Villaraigosa already had an affair several years ago that broke up his old marriage, so I suppose he's repeat offender prospect.  (Though if it happened now that he's single, it wouldn't be an affair from his end, but perhaps it would for the other party.)

Hickenlooper just separated from his wife a few months ago.  Don't know if infidelity had anything to do with it.  Would be interesting if Cuomo, Hickenlooper, and Villaraigosa all ran in 2016, as we'd have three unmarried candidates running in a presidential primary, which would be highly unusual (unless they all got remarried before 2016 to maintain their political viability!).

The tabloid rumors were that Warner didn't run for prez in 2008 because of some sexual harassment incident that happened some years ago.  I don't think anything ever came of that.
Link
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »

Nikki Haley is most likely to have a big nepotism/corruption scandal, since she's already faced a variety of smaller charges of nepotism since being elected.

Nepotism?!  What about the allegations of multiple affairs?  I didn't really follow that story because I don't follow Niki Haleys' policies.  I just laugh at her big government demands that people say "It's a great day in South Carolina."  That is truly creepy in a 1984 kind of way.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »

The tabloid rumors were that Warner didn't run for prez in 2008 because of some sexual harassment incident that happened some years ago.  I don't think anything ever came of that.

Nothing ever did, if they're even true (which I doubt).
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »

Let's just say I don't wish for any of them to get affairs, but if anyone comes close it would have to be Paul Ryan.

The Obama people would've found out about it.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »

Could always happen in the future Wink

Though the Obama campaign isn't omniscient, and could have even decided to take the high road
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »

Could always happen in the future Wink
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 12:24:41 AM »

Hm. Cuomo is divorced isnt he? so it wouldnt count as an "affair"
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »

Jindal doing something crazy before 2016 is an easy guess.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 05:58:40 AM »

That sounds like Rubio.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length