Opinion of Finding Nemo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:14:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Finding Nemo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Movie

Horrible Movie

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Opinion of Finding Nemo  (Read 2899 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »

If I wanted to se an animated film that illustrates love between a father and son, I'd much rather watch Pinocchio.

That's moronic.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »

If I wanted to se an animated film that illustrates love between a father and son, I'd much rather watch Pinocchio.

That's moronic.
How is that moronic?  Geppetto was lonely enough and loved Pinocchio enough to wish him a real boy, and when he's swallowed by Monstro (in the book he was swallowed by a shark, but in the film it's a whale, kind of like Jonah Smiley ), Pinocchio goes to find him.  When Monstro sneezes them up, Pinocchio nearly dies trying to bring Geppetto to shore because the old man was too weak to swim, after which he is finally transformed into a real boy.  Sure, Pinocchio didn't listen to his father when he sent him to school, but he later regretted it after it got him into trouble.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »

Old style Disney animation was far scarier for children than Pixar movies like Nemo.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »

Old style Disney animation was far scarier for children than Pixar movies like Nemo.
True, a lot of the older Disney animation was scary, but I thought Nemo was scarier.  One of the biggest problems with animation today is that it is perceived as "kid's stuff".  However, it wasn't seen like that back in the day.  Walt Disney himself said that his studio's animation wasn't just for kids.  I'm 19 and I have loved cartoons and animation ever since I was a young child; I even considered a career in cartooning and animation (specifically cartoon animation) at one point.  And it's not just that.  Let me be on record as saying that I cannot stand most CGI animation, Pixar or otherwise.  To paraphrase Neil Young, CGI looks like nails being driven into my brain.  It is artistically bankrupt, the stories are dumb and weak, and it's just plain ugly.  CGI animation is inferior in every way to traditional animation.  There's a certain majesty and magic with traditional animation that CGI kills.  While CGI has its place, it shouldn't be used on EVERY SINGLE animated film that comes out (as is the case today.)  That is why I hate Finding Nemo.  If that sounds fuddy-duddy or makes me look like a loser stuck in my mom's basement, then so be it.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »

Someone here saw this movie when they were 5 or 6?  Good grief, I'm old!!  This movie came out when I was 21.  I can see how it might be scary for young children, but its a heart warming story.  It wasn't scary for me (helped by the fact I was already an adult when it came out).  I don't care to watch it too often, but I like the show.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies