Official IDS Protection Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:15:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official IDS Protection Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Official IDS Protection Thread  (Read 2311 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:21:04 AM »
« edited: November 20, 2012, 10:25:55 AM by mystery madman, a victim of cruel charade »

Guys, damned Lefties are trying to conquer the Glorious Southeast!
Who will join me in a fight for liberty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1oA47Ti0I&bpctr=1353426563
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uq6Ax-zzkQ
xPingvin, Commander of South Defense League
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »

The enemy of my enemy...
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »

Is my friend? Glad to see you joining the fight, Sam! Let's show 'em the Southern Hospitality!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »

Here, here, Pingvin! Here, here.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »

The best and most effective thing you can do to counter strategic registration by the left is recruiting new players to the game and the region. It's time-consuming but it's the only reasonable measure you can take. You may dislike the kind of strategic registration the IDS is experiencing (I certainly feel with you) but there's no way you can actually stop it; it's legal.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »

You heard the man - conservatives out there on the Atlas, we need you! Smiley
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2012, 11:14:07 AM by mystery madman, a victim of cruel charade »

Yea! I will begin recruiting ASAP.
As a Commander of South Defense League, I officialy declare martial law.
Not anymore.
Wait for official statement soon.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »

As the lawfully elected representative for the State of Texas - I order you to stand down, Pingvin.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »

@Pingvin Grin

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »

Bronies are officially banned from this thread. Period.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 12:14:06 PM »

can you do that?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

Watch me.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2012, 12:33:39 PM by Redalgo »

No, not really. He could lock the thread though I suppose - however dishonorable an attempt to silence thoughtful, constructive dissent and opposition that may be. Tongue

Anyway, on a more serious note... I do not personally approve of the carpetbagging measures taken by Labour in the IDS as of late, but don't think that in any way justifies implicit threats of retaliatory violence. Ideological diversity is healthy for a multiparty political culture, and I would gladly welcome Liberals, Whigs, and so forth into my region to challenge Labour dominion over its policymaking processes. Left-wing factions have not seized control of the IDS or, to the best of my knowledge, violently aggressed against any of your people. You make a mountain of a mole hill.

The intolerance displayed here - whether it be for the presence of Labour members in your region or even bronies in this thread (as ridiculous as they may sound) is not becoming of any leader of Atlasians. I implore you now to cease this saber-rattling and exchange *hughughugs* with your so-called "enemies" before this escalates any further! And then there will be cake. And it will be good. Doesn't that sound nicer than depicting us as ape-men on the receiving end of cold, hard steel, as if that were a message Southerners would not be embarrassed to be associated with?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2012, 02:25:38 PM by Ben Kenobi »

Given the recent attempt of Labourites to suppress the votes of 12 lawful citizens of the IDS - I am not surprised one bit to see the good citizens of this glorious republic rise in anger.

The South cannot and will not tolerate illegal attempts to seize control of the legislature. Nor will they tolerate unlawful attempts at insurrection from those unwilling to accept the will of the people.

Anyways, Pingvin has agreed to stand down. Should Labour attempt another stunt, I cannot promise to intervene. The Labourites have thus been warned by me, and the people of the South that their shenanigans are unacceptable.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »

As a diehard opponent of the Labor Party (or as I like to call them, the Liebor Party), and a resident of the South since 2005, I wish to join this organization and subscribe to your newsletter.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2012, 03:20:52 PM by mystery madman, a victim of cruel charade »

BK is accepted.

I just now looked at his election claim. It's ridiculous.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »

BK is accepted.

I just now looked at his election claim. It's ridiculous.

Sad

As one esteemed Southerner has recently said:

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »

For my part, I will echo the warning of my fellow Legislator. Pingvin has agreed to stand down, for now. But if the soap box proves ineffective, the ballot box ignored, and the jury box opposed to the will of the people of this region, I would not be surprised to see the ammo box.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »

I invite Bacon King to a 'Bacon summit' here in Austin. I have many supporters dying to see him.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2012, 04:53:26 PM by Bacon King »

I invite Bacon King to a 'Bacon summit' here in Austin. I have many supporters dying to see him.

I shall gladly attend posthaste!

edit: let it be known, however, that I have ninja-like shoe-dodging reflexes:

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »

As a diehard opponent of the Labor Party (or as I like to call them, the Liebor Party), and a resident of the South since 2005, I wish to join this organization and subscribe to your newsletter.

We're gonna lieborate you, like it or not. Now seriously, you're building a castle with a grain of sand or a mountain of a mole mill, as Redalgo says. Let's have cake.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 05:20:22 PM »

The best and most effective thing you can do to counter strategic registration by the left is recruiting new players to the game and the region.
Which would obviously not be seen as "strategic registration" in that case, as opposed to when Labour does it...

Given the recent attempt of Labourites to suppress the votes of 12 lawful citizens of the IDS - I am not surprised one bit to see the good citizens of this glorious republic rise in anger.

The South cannot and will not tolerate illegal attempts to seize control of the legislature. Nor will they tolerate unlawful attempts at insurrection from those unwilling to accept the will of the people.

Anyways, Pingvin has agreed to stand down. Should Labour attempt another stunt, I cannot promise to intervene. The Labourites have thus been warned by me, and the people of the South that their shenanigans are unacceptable.
You're going a bit fast in business right here. The case has not been filed by "the Labor Party" or even "the Labor Party branch of the South", but by a Mr. BaconKing personally. The Labor Party has not publicly communicated upon the subject, and its Chairman has only expressed personal views, without a mandate to do so on behalf of the Party.
I would therefore ask you to be careful on generalizations here.

Just you try...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »

For my part, I will echo the warning of my fellow Legislator. Pingvin has agreed to stand down, for now. But if the soap box proves ineffective, the ballot box ignored, and the jury box opposed to the will of the people of this region, I would not be surprised to see the ammo box.
Reaction to the ammo box would not be pretty for your region. Accept the procedure of the system you are so passionate of. If the ballot box and the courts fail you once, you go back and try again in this nation, you do not resort to violence. I'm sure I speak for the Commander-in-Chief when I say that such a group would not long be free.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »

Reaction to the ammo box would not be pretty for your region. Accept the procedure of the system you are so passionate of. If the ballot box and the courts fail you once, you go back and try again in this nation, you do not resort to violence. I'm sure I speak for the Commander-in-Chief when I say that such a group would not long be free.

I'd be happy to. However, I cannot and do not speak for anyone else. I am not issuing an ultimatum, merely a prediction.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies