2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:38:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152903 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: June 19, 2013, 01:53:51 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Wrong

Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement. It will air in all fifty states, with a specific target in larger cities, aiming towards African-American voters.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Announcer: Even fellow Democrats agree on Howard Dean's divisiveness.

Barack Obama Voice-over:

Oprah Winfrey: I support Michael Bloomberg because of his proven ability at working with individuals of all stripes, and as President, I know we will all go forward as one.

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I approve this message because Howard Dean's partisan politics are wrong for America.
[/quote]
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1651 on: June 19, 2013, 02:01:55 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Advertisement: Fighter

Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, which will air in all fifty states through Election Day.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1652 on: June 19, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »

McCain Campaign Ad
Set to air through Election Day in the following states:

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1653 on: June 19, 2013, 02:22:01 PM »

Oldies, if I don't say this, I explode. Why are you attacking Howard Dean? I don't think he's the one who is getting the support of republicans who have abandoned you.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1654 on: June 19, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »

OOC: I edited in some speeches to liven up the campaign and drive turnout!

Bayh Schedule for Week of October 28th

10/28/2008
-Campaign Rally in Tallahassee, FL
-Campaign Rally in Orlando, FL
-Campaign Rally in Miami, FL
-Campaign Rally in Savannah, GA
-Campaign Rally in Warner Robins, GA
"My friends, 8 is the magic number. It's the number that's grounded in the past, present, and future of our great nation. 8 years ago, America, or at least the Supreme Court, decided that George Bush was the best choice for our nation. Now look where we are. Right now, we're experiencing what Mike and I can jot down to 8 problems: Soaring Deficits, Rising Health Costs, War in Iraq, War in Afghansitan, Exploding Education Costs, Falling Number of Jobs, and Rising Sea Levels. And 8 days from now, we have a choice to fix all that. By voting for a President who knows the problems, and has a plan to fix those problems. Michael Bloomberg."

10/29/2008
-Campaign Rally in Dallas, TX
-Meet and Greet in Fort Worth, TX
-Campaign Rally in Houston TX
-Campaign Rally in Alpine, TX
-Meet and Greet in Waco, TX
"Texas is the key to our future. This state is experiencing a huge influx of minority voters who believe in a government that helps the people, not hinders them. And they're also experiencing a boom in alternative energy sources, something that could easily lead to an energy independent US. But, they are also experiencing the excess of the Bush-McCain economy and the pain it causes."

10/30/2008
-Campaign Rally in Flint, MI
-Campaign Rally in Detroit, MI
-Meet and Greet in Cedar Falls, MI
-Campaign Rally in Oshkosh, WI
-Campaign Rally in Madison, WI

10/31/2008
-Meet and Greet in Twin City, MN
-Town Hall in St. Paul, MN
-Campaign Rally in Aurora, IL
-Campaign Rally in Chicago, IL
-Campaign Rally in Springfield, IL
"Guys you face a choice on Tuesday. Now I have a great amount of respect for Senator McCain, I've served with him for nearly a decade in the Senate. But the man just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand what common working families are going through in these hard times, and doesn't understand why his policies will only make it worse. And I really like Governor Dean. In fact he offered me help for re-election back in '04. But is is a man who only knows how to divide Americans. That's what he did in the primary against Senator Obama. That's what he did when he made a living running the Democratic Party. We need a man who will unite us, no matter what party you belong to. And that man is Mike."

11/1/2008
-Campaign Rally in Cincinnati, OH
-Town Hall in Toledo, OH
-Campaign Rally in Cleveland, OH
-Meet and Greet in Allentown, PA
-Campaign Rally in Lancaster, PA

11/2/2008
-Town Hall in Durham, NC
-Campaign Rally in Raleigh, NC
-Campaign Rally in Charlotte, NC
-Meet and Greet in Burlingotn, NC
-Campaign Rally in Asheville, NC
"Nobody knows more about the soaring costs of education than the students here at UNC. You're the ones that will be paying back loans for the foreseeable future. Well we've got a plan where you will face 0% Interest on those loans. We will also look for ways to make College cheaper, perhaps even a public plan to pay for it."

11/3/2008
-Campaign Rally in Los Angeles, CA
-Meet and Greet in Alameda, CA
-Town Hall in Encinitas, CA
-Campaign Rally in Cupertino, CA
-Campaign Rally in Fort Irwin, CA

11/4/2008
-Vote In Indiana
-Campaign Rally in Indianapolis, IN
-Campaign Rally in Anderson, IN
-Campaign Rally in Elkhart, IN
-GOTV Drive
-Election Night Returns
"It's time. Election Day. Now usually, you'll here an emphatic speech about the importance of participating in the political process. Not me. I've got one thing to say. Get your asses out there and vote like your future depended on it. Because it does. Vote like if you don't, the sun will fall. Each of the candidates in this race have something to offer the American people. But that doesn't mean they're all good things. John McCain wants to give you a War with Iran and a hundred mor shears in Iraq and Afghanistan. Howard Dean wants to give you a President who'll divide to get what he wants and a man who walks around the White House covered in chocolate. But we want to give you a future. A future with affordable health care for every man, woman, and child. A future of balanced budgets and plentiful, well paying jobs. A future of stable sea levels and a college education. Choose the best future for your family, a future with Michael Bloomberg in Washington!"
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1655 on: June 19, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »

Oldies, if I don't say this, I explode. Why are you attacking Howard Dean? I don't think he's the one who is getting the support of republicans who have abandoned you.

OOC: Also, it seems that every one of McCain's ads is the same thing, just reworded.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1656 on: June 19, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »

OOC: Also, it seems that every one of McCain's ads is the same thing, just reworded.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1657 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »

Endorsements:

Former Presidential candidate John Anderson (R, I-IL; "after thinking a lot about this, I'll finnaly cast my vote for Mr. Dean next week. I'm afraid Bloomberg will have to side with republicans to get things done if he is elected President"), Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman (I-NV; "I'm becoming a democrat"), businessman John Georges (I-LA), activist Charles Evers (R-MS) and President Lula Da Silva (PT-BR; "o tal do Bloomberg parece um novo Bush. Eu estou gostando do Nader, mas se eu pudesse votar, votarķa no Howard Dean, o cara parece um verdadeiro progressista") for Dean.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA; "McCain can't win the election and I've always been more moderate than my party. Bloomberg is the kind of candidate moderate republicans have been looking for since Gerald Ford in 1976"), State Senator Harri Anne Smith (R-AL; "I endorsed Bobby Bright, and he endorsed Bloomberg. So I'll do the same") and State Representative Joel Robideaux (R-LA) for Michael Bloomberg.

Activist Elisha Shapiro (I-LA), Portsmouth Mayor James W. Holley, III (I-VA; "Nader is the most honest candidate in the race, by far. And the only one who has never been a republican in the past"), actress Brooke Smith (I-NY), director Philip Hoffman (NY) and Representative Marcy Kaptur (D-OH; "my good friend Kucinich would make a great VP") for Nader.

No endorsements for John McCain. "What an awful strategy, it's absurd to attack Dean, it's Bloomberg who has killed his chances. If he had attacked Bloomberg, if he had painted him as a progressive, he'd have won back the support of many republicans" - Senator Thad Cochran (R-MS).

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1658 on: June 19, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »

OOC: Julo, votaria n tem acento! kk
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1659 on: June 19, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »

OOC: Looks like it will be Dean v. Bloomberg, with McCain in a still strong third thanks to holding the South.  However, I'm still wondering what could have been if the race was Obama v. Hagel v. Bloomberg.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1660 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »

OOC: Looks like it will be Dean v. Bloomberg, with McCain in a still strong third thanks to holding the South.  However, I'm still wondering what could have been if the race was Obama v. Hagel v. Bloomberg.
I wish that's how it'd turned out too. Then we'd be talking about an Obamaslide.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1661 on: June 19, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »

OOC: Looks like it will be Dean v. Bloomberg, with McCain in a still strong third thanks to holding the South.  However, I'm still wondering what could have been if the race was Obama v. Hagel v. Bloomberg.
I wish that's how it'd turned out too. Then we'd be talking about an Obamaslide.

The weirdest map ever, that'd be. But this one won't be that "normal" either.

Ah, e olha que eu pensei hein (em espanhol sim tem). É por isso que prefiro escrever sem acento em portuguźs hahaha...

Election night begins in 24 hours.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1662 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »

OOC: Looks like it will be Dean v. Bloomberg, with McCain in a still strong third thanks to holding the South.  However, I'm still wondering what could have been if the race was Obama v. Hagel v. Bloomberg.

The weirdest map ever, that'd be. But this one won't be that "normal" either.

Ah, e olha que eu pensei hein (em espanhol sim tem). É por isso que prefiro escrever sem acento em portuguźs hahaha...

Election night begins in 24 hours.

24 hours? Noooo
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #1663 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

I have a question, after election night and such, are we going to continue with the timeline and go to 2012? Or will it just end? (Im interested in joining the next one! Cheesy
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1664 on: June 19, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »

I have a question, after election night and such, are we going to continue with the timeline and go to 2012? Or will it just end? (Im interested in joining the next one! Cheesy
I'm curious about this too. I'd definitely be open to taking part in it if it were to happen.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1665 on: June 19, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »

I'm curious about this too. I'd definitely be open to taking part in it if it were to happen.

Well, there is a 2012 game already, but the thought of, let's say, President Bloomberg (in case he defeats Dean), a strong Green Party (with public financing) and an open field for the GOP and the Dems is fascinating. (Timelines like "A Giant Sucking Sound" prove how interesting those scenarios are)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1666 on: June 19, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

I think we could make a timeline of the next 4 years and then open a game on 2012 (Who will challenge incubent XXX?). Also, Julio, if you want, we could make a nice election night with interview with Campaign Staff and good news after each state is called. Just like Spamage did with Super Tuesday but a little faster Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1667 on: June 20, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »

Former Congressman John B. Anderson's Endorsement:

Twenty-eight years ago, I ran for President because I was less than enamored than either of the two options presented to the American people. I'm no fan of the two party system, and Mayor Bloomberg has run a strong and successful campaign. But at the same time I feel he is untested as a leader, flimsy on getting out of Iraq, and ultimately would have to align himself with one side or the other to get things done. Since he's picking up conservative support, he'd essentially end up a Republican president facing big Democratic majorities in Congress. And McCain's awful campaign and its pandering to the far right while failing to excite anyone anywhere has probably forever tarnished a fairly strong record in the Senate. On the other hand, Howard Dean, while not perfect, has a strong and bipartisan record as governor and was a brilliant strategist at the DNC. That's why he has my support next week.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1668 on: June 20, 2013, 01:06:16 AM »

Dean/Murray Campaign Ad: Unqualified
Airing in the following states:

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1669 on: June 20, 2013, 01:45:33 AM »

Michael Bloomberg Television Address

The Bloomberg Campaign has released the following 5-minute television address: Beginning on October 30th, it will at various times each evening on multiple networks.

Good Evening,

I'm Michael Bloomberg, candidate for President of the United States.

I'm proud to be an American. I love this country and everything she stands for. I've been able to live the American Dream, have a loving wife, two beautiful daughters, and an adorable, eight-month old Irish Setter. I'm running for President so that others can have that same dream, especially our future generations.

I think we all know that America is facing difficult times. The policies of the last eight years, along with Washington's unwillingness to tackle tough problems for decades has left us in an economic crisis and uncertainty abroad. We need a fundamental change in this country, and a new attitude in Washington: throw out the special interests and stop letting party leaders dictate our policies - that's what I'd like to bring as President.

I offer a new approach, a new vision for this country. It's not the trickle-down economy that has failed America for decades. Americans are now working harder for less, more are uninsured, and we are falling into a recession. The American people do not deserve this. We can do better. We need a government, an administration, that is ready to invest and grow this nation, putting our constituents first - ensuring health care is a fundamental right, making our education system second to none, and protecting our senior citizens.

As President, my administration will assess the situations in Iraq and Afghanistan - our foreign policy over the past four years is full of errors, and I am ready to do everything needed to correct those. We lost focus by focusing on Iraq instead of Afghanistan, and as a result, al Qaeda is stronger than it has ever been, and Osama Bin Laden has yet to be captured. As President, I'm prepared to bring the troops out of Iraq, and instead direct our focus towards defeating al Qaeda and capturing Osama Bin Laden. It is time that we begin restoring our tattered national image, while at the same time maintaining strength.

With the focus overseas, we have seen America deteriorate at home - our education system continues to fall behind the rest of the world. This is unacceptable - it's time to begin an increased focus on mathematics and science, providing more technology for schools, and improving the vocational schools and universities. College costs are spiraling out of control - as President, I will propose lowering student loan interest rates to the same, low rate that big banks pay. We need to focus on infrastructure - thousands of bridges across our nation are unsafe - as President, we'll invest in our infrastructure, thus creating more jobs right here in America.

One of the most critical issues our next President will face is our national debt. Currently clocked at over eight trillion, it is something created by failed policies from both Democrats and Republicans. Ross Perot warned us in 1992 that the debt needed to be addressed, and little as done. As President, I will immediately form a commission focused on finding ways to lower the debt - I'm not going to beat around the bush, we're going to have to trim the fat off, and tough cuts will have to be made. We need a fairer and simpler tax code, one that recognizes that the rich can pay a little more than they currently are. With this combination, as well as ending the Iraq War, I am confident that we can achieve a balanced budget within my first term, and will be set up long-term for fiscal responsibility.

Putting you first...that's my commitment to you. Doing so can open us up to a whole new world of opportunities. America was the country of the twentieth century. I aim to put America on track towards being the country of the twenty-first century as well. This campaign isn't about winning an election - this is about making fundamental changes to a country that is headed in the wrong direction.

Doing this won't take miracles, and it won't happen overnight. But if we are united together, we can turn things around if we all have the courage to bring real change to America. Next Tuesday, Americans will head to the polls and cast one of the most important votes of their lifetime. On Tuesday, I ask you to choose a path of economic prosperity, an improved image abroad, and fiscal responsibility. A path that focuses on improving education, fixing our roads and bridges, and creating green jobs. A path that seeks to reduce poverty, unemployment, and ensure that all Americans are covered under health insurance. We need to take a path of unity, rather than the partisanship that has plagued our nation for decades.

This is the path I have laid out for our country. Tonight, I humbly ask for your support, your prayers, and your vote. Thank you. God Bless you all, and God Bless America.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1670 on: June 20, 2013, 05:21:35 AM »

No, this game will not die in 2008 Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp