2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:01:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152842 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: May 25, 2013, 06:44:40 AM »

Candidates tied in every crucial state!!
Debates, ads and activity will decide the winner in each one of them. Undecideds more important than ever!

Alaska
McCain 34%
Bloomberg 30%
Dean 16%
Nader 15%
Undecided 5%

Minnesota
Dean 34%
McCain 28%
Bloomberg 26%
Nader 8%
Undecided 4%

Hawaii
Dean 39%
Bloomberg 29%
Nader 15%
McCain 12%
Undecided 5%

Pennsylvania
Dean 33%
Bloomberg 29%
McCain 29%
Nader 4%
Undecided 5%

Michigan
Dean 34%
McCain 32%
Bloomberg 25%
Nader 5%
Undecided 4%

Virginia
Dean 34%
McCain 33%
Bloomberg 25%
Nader 4%
Undecided 4%

Ohio
Dean 31%
McCain 30%
Bloomberg 26%
Nader 9%
Undecided 4%

Florida
Bloomberg 32%
Dean 31%
McCain 28%
Nader 5%
Undecided 4%

Colorado
Dean 33%
McCain 33%
Bloomberg 23%
Nader 6%
Undecided 5%

California
Den 37%
Bloomberg 29%
McCain 22%
Nader 8%
Undecided 4%

New York
Dean 37%
Bloomberg 37%
McCain 17%
Nader 5%
Undecided 4%

Connecticut
Dean 37%
Bloomberg 32%
McCain 17%
Nader 10%
Undecided 4%
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1451 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »

The numbers in Connecticut are kind of dissapointing for McCain... Does he have the support of Lieberman?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1452 on: May 25, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »

"They always go out there and talk about how America is a center-right country. Well I mean, with these candidates, maybe that talk is right: we have center-right candidates. We have candidates that want to savage Social Security, savage Medicare, all so that their rich friends can get richer. Well, I've had enough of that kind of talk. I am tired of living in a center-left country led by the center right parties. The Greens are the only party that want to talk about Universal Healthcare, that want to talk about putting us on the path of a freer, breathing air, that want to even talk about not invading any more country. If there's one thing Nader and I have been talking about, it's that we want no more war. The war's we've been put through have only even more agitated the 'terrorists' and have only gone further to alienate our allies. It's time we stop this. It's time we stopped invading countries as the 'world police'. I believe it's a shameless show of Bushism from both parties. And do you really believe that Howard Dean would've voted against the Iraq War, should he have been in the Senate? I honestly doubt it. I actually VOTED against the Iraq War, and I believe we need to get our troops out NOW, not tomorrow, not the next day, but NOW.

As for McCain's comment that America's in decline, America's only in decline because the people in charge are actively putting down that rope for their own sake. President George W. Bush, a puppet of Dick Cheney, has actively put America down the toliet and been flushing it at the orders of his corporate masters. McCain-Dean are only exactly the same way. America, we need a non-bought leadership, and that is Nader-Kucinich!"
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1453 on: May 25, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2013, 07:23:53 PM by Speaker Superique »

Week 15 - Minnesota and Illnois going Green
September 30th

Mr. Nader starts its morning receiving support of former Governor Jesse Ventura.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Meet & Greet in St. Paul with Jesse Ventura, MN.
Meet & Greet in Minneapolis with Jesse Ventura, MN.

Fundraising Event in Minneapolis with Jesse Ventura, MN.

October 1st

Meet & Greet in Rochester with Jesse Ventura, MN.
Town Hall in Rochester with Jesse Ventura, MN.
Meet & Greet in Brooklyn Park with Jesse Ventura, MN.

October 2nd
Meet & Greet in Bloomington with Jesse Ventura, MN.
Meet & Greet in Duluth with Jesse Ventura, MN.
Goodbye Jesse, keep this great job here in Minnesota. Wink

Nader and Kucinich Flies to Chicago, Illinois.

October 3rd

Nader receives the endorsement of Carol Moseley Braun in Chicago, IL.

Town Hall in South Chicago with Carol Moseley, IL.

October 4th

Meeting with students in the University of Illinois – Chicago, IL.
New Campaign Headquarter – Chicago, IL

Big Rally with Suzan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Jesse Ventura, Carol Braun and Dennis Kucinich
GOTV and Fundraise Event

October 5th

Ticket Splits

Nader:
Meet & Greet in Chicago with Carol Braun, IL.
Door to Door in Chicago with Carol Braun, IL.
Meet & Greet in Aurora with Carol Braun, IL.

Kucinich:
Flies to Portland (OR) while his wife Elizabeth goes to Hawaii to lead Nader’s campaign there.
GOTV Event in Portland, OR.
Meet & Greet in Portland, OR.

October 6th

Nader:
Meet & Greet in Rockford, IL.
Meet & Greet in Joliet, IL.
Town hall with students in the Southern Illinois University - Springfield, IL.  

Kucinich:
Meet & Greet in Portland, OR.
Meet & Greet to Salem, OR.
Rally in  Salem, OR.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1454 on: May 26, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »

Update, anyone?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1455 on: May 26, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2013, 11:47:53 AM by Senator Snowstalker »

Governor Dean's Campaign Schedule, September 30th-October 6th:

September 30th:

-Fundraiser in Leesburg, Virginia
-Rally in Charles Town, West Virginia
-Meet & Greet in Harpers' Ferry, West Virginia

October 1st:

-Meet & Greet in Romney, West Virginia
-Rally in Morgantown, West Virginia
-Rally in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

"Michael Bloomberg is trying to be to my left and to McCain's right at the same time, and it isn't working. He supported the Iraq War vigorously and supported Bush vigorously in 2004, and now he's trying to say that Bush is a terrible president, which is true, and the Iraq War is a failure, which is also true. He also wants to get out of this recession by cutting important programs, which would turn this into a depression. And all too many Americans are believing his empty words, because he's throwing his mountains of cash in their faces on TV. But I don't see any of this as a genuine shift. To me, Bloomberg is a spineless opportunist who's trying to win by catching the political winds which ever way they shift. That's not the kind of leader we need, and I hope it's not the kind we'll get."

October 2nd:

-Rally in Washington, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
-Fundraiser in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

October 3rd:

-Rally in Wheeling, West Virginia
-Meet & Greet in Steubenville, Ohio
-Rally in Youngstown, Ohio with Senator Sherrod Brown

"For too long, the American labor movement has been in decline. That's meant stagnant wages, outsourcing to take advantage of cheap labor in China and India, and a growing disparity between what workers get and what the corporate bigwigs get. As president, I pledge to dig to the source of the problem, and work to repeal the Taft-Hartley Act!"

October 4th:

-Rally in Akron, Ohio
-Fundraiser in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
-Interview with Channel 5 News in Cleveland, Ohio
-Rally in Cleveland, Ohio

October 5th:

-Meet & Greet in Lorain, Ohio
-Rally at Oberlin College, Ohio
-Rally in Sandusky, Ohio

"I'm proud to be here in Oberlin, the first school to admit female students, a major milestone in the struggle for equality that women have faced for all of our history. But while equality under the law has been mostly achieved, there's still a disturbing pay disparity between men and women for performing the same work. That's a problem. As President, I'll push to pass something which sadly failed in this Congress but should succeed in the next, and that is the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act."

October 6th:

-Meet & Greet in Fremont, Ohio
-Rally in Toledo, Ohio with Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur
-Rally in Monroe, Michigan
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1456 on: May 26, 2013, 05:23:20 PM »

George Pataki Campaign Schedule

September 30, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Bloomington, Minnesota
-Rally in Sioux City, Iowa
-Meet & greet in Le Mars, Iowa
-Rally in Boone, Iowa
-Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa

October 1, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Kansas City, Missouri
-Rally in Independence, Missouri
-Rally in Jefferson City, Missouri
-Rally in St. Louis, Missouri, with Senator Kit Bond

I served two terms as governor of Missouri, and I know what it's like to be in charge of executive leadership in government.  Senator McCain has all the qualities that are important in an executive, and he has the legislative experience to work with both sides of the aisle to get things done.  I've served alongside John McCain in the Senate, and I can tell you here and now, he is exactly the kind of leader we need in our president!

October 2, 2008
-Debate prep in St. Louis, Missouri

October 3, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Fairfax, Virginia
-Rally in Arlington, Virginia
-Rally in Alexandria, Virginia, with Senator John Warner
-Rally in Fredericksburg, Virginia
-Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia

October 4, 2008
-Rally in Richmond, Virginia, with Former Governor Jim Gilmore
-Rally in Williamsburg, Virginia
-Rally in Portsmouth, Virginia
-Rally and fundraiser in Newport News, Virginia
-Rally and fundraiser in Hampton, Virginia

As governor of Virginia, I gained experience as chief executive of a state and had to work with both sides of the aisle in a state legislature.  With that kind of experience, I should know something about having good leadership in a chief executive, and John McCain and George Pataki are exactly the kind of bipartisan leaders we need in the White House!

October 5, 2008
-Rally and fundraiser in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Rally in Cape Coral, Florida
-Rally and fundraiser in Fort Myers, Florida, with Congressman Connie Mack IV
-Rally in Sarasota, Florida
-Rally in Winter Haven, Florida

October 6, 2008
-Rally and fundraiser in Vero Beach, Florida
-Rally in Orlando, Florida
-Fundraiser and rally in Daytona Beach, Florida, with Governor Charlie Crist
-Rally in Deltona, Florida

Governor Dean makes some pretty grandiose promises about bipartisanship in Washington DC, but there's something he doesn't want you to know.  Howard Dean is the same candidate who called the Republican Party "evil," "corrupt," and "brain-dead," and said that he hates the Republicans and everything they stand for.  When he was asked whether Iraq was better off without Saddam Hussein, he said, "We don't know that."  Does that sound like the kind of bipartisan leadership we need in our president?  As for Mayor Bloomberg, he likes to talk about bipartisanship too.  Until 2001, he was a Democrat.  But then he decided to run for mayor of New York, and so he became a Republican.  And just not too long ago, he decides he's an Independent now.  How can he be a bipartisan president if he can't even decide on a party for himself?  Senator McCain and I are committed to bringing pragmatic, bipartisan leadership to the White House, and that is why we ask for your vote.

McCain Campaign Ad
To be run in the following states:

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1457 on: May 26, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Rally: Hollywood, Florida

Thank you all! It's great to be here in Florida - the weather is certainly provides a break for a New Yorker.

I'm running for President because I'm tired of the partisanship and political games being played in Washington D.C. This isn't the fault of one side or the other - both are responsible for the mess created there. Howard Dean and John McCain are part of the problem in Washington D.C., and we're not going to change anything if we keep sending the same type of leadership back there.

Governor Dean has continued to run a negative and divisive campaign, trying to convince voters why Senator McCain and I would be bad Presidents, rather than convincing you why he would be a good President. This should come as a surprise to no one, as Governor Dean has a longstanding record of creating divisions rather than solutions. Earlier this week, he stooped to an even lower level, attempting to paint me as a "spineless opportunist" and spreading even more lies, such as trying to claim I'll cut important programs that would send us into a depression...true signs of a desperate campaign.

It's a true shame that when a politician comes forth who, like most Americans, believe both sides have the answers and is ready to apply both conservative and liberal policies to our nation, they are labeled as spineless for not taking a specific side. Well, here's my message to Governor Dean: I'm on a side, and it's the side of the American people. Party labels mean little to me - both McCain and Dean are trying to attack me for being both a Republican and a Democrat in the past. The truth is, both sides are part of the problem. I've realized that, Americans have realized that, and it will show on Election Day when Americans ditch the status quo and elect a bi-partisan Independent to the White House! As Mayor, I worked with Republicans and Democrats to cut waste and create a fair tax system, and as a result we created a large surplus and made drastic improvements to the NYC economy. That same time of leadership, the ability to work with others, not tear them down, is what we need in Washington D.C., and that's the type of leader I will be!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1458 on: May 26, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Forward

The Bloomberg/Bayh campaign has released the following radio ad, which will concentrate on the following states:

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I'm running for President to change the way Washington works. Washington is run by special interest groups and career politicians, folks who are more concerned about serving their party than their constituents.

I want to change that - as Mayor, I ditched the special interest groups, putting my constituents first. We changed things for the better, and as President, I will put my country and her constituents first. Together, united, we can move America forward.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1459 on: May 26, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »

Dean/Murray Campaign Ad: Getting Washingtion Working Again
Airing in the following states:

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1460 on: May 26, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2013, 09:52:03 PM by Clinton1996 »

Bloomberg/Bayh Ad: Decline
McCain Voice-Over: "My Friends..."
McCain Voice-Over: "I Recognize That America Is In Decline...Decline..."
The Words Repeat As Flashes of Images Are Shown

"DECLINE"

"DECLINE"
Bloomberg Appears
"John McCain Believes That America Is On The Path To Decline. And Do You Know Why? Because His Policies, The Bush-Cheney Policies, Will Drive Up Our Deficits, Raise Our Ocean Levels, And Endanger The Lives Of Our Troops. Senator McCain Sees America's Fall. That's With His Presidency. Not Mine. Vote For Your Family's Future. Vote Bloomberg/Bayh in 2008"
Never specified where this ad would show:

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1461 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:06 PM »

Patty Murray campaign schedule: 9/30/08-10/6/08

Sept. 30:
Rally in Los Angeles, California
Speech on Poverty in Los Angeles, California
Rally in Sacramento, California

Oct. 1:
Rally in San Francisco, California
Rally in Portland, Oregon
Rally and Fundraiser in Salem, Oregon

Oct. 2:
Rally in Portland, Oregon
Rally in Berkeley, California with Sen. Barbara Boxer
Fundraiser and Meeting with Party Leaders in Berkeley, California

Oct. 3:
Rally in Davis, CA with local elderly people
Fundraiser in Davis, CA
Speech on Health Care in Davis, CA
Davis is a great city, isn't it Smiley?

"Howard Dean is, to be frank, the sexiest man alive. I mean really, can you think of a more attractive thing in this universe? Well, to me there isn't much. But there is something. To me, the one thing sexier than Howard Dean covered in chocolate frosting is decent medical care for America's poor and elderly. However, the Republican Party wants to take that away from you. They want to slash Medicare, slash Medicaid, and throw Grandma under the bus with ballooning insurance premiums that the HMOs won't give to her. In Vermont, Governor Dean fought to expand health care for everyone in the state, and I've done the same in Washington. It's a hard fight to fight, especially with the odds and the special interests stacked against us, but if you vote Dean/Murray in 2008, we will take that fight all the way to the top!

Oct. 4:
Rally in Carson City, NV
Rally in Las Vegas, NV
Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Meeting with Party Leaders in Reno, NV

Oct. 5:
Rally in Sacramento, CA
Fundraiser in Berkeley, CA
Rally in Berkeley, CA

Oct. 6:
Rally in Los Angeles, CA
Speech on the Budget in Los Angeles, CA
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1462 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »

Blanche Lincoln, Bloomberg Surrogate, Schedule

September 30, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Little Rock, Arkansas
-Rally in Memphis, TN
-Meet & greet in Jonesbor, Arkansas
-Rally in Helena/West Helena, Arkansas
-Rally in Pine Bluff, Arkansas

October 1, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Jackson, Mississippi
-Rally in New Orleans, LA
-Rally in Gulfport, Mississippi
-Rally in Biloxi, Mississippi

Speech in Jackson.

Now, many people question why I have endorsed Bloomberg for President.  You want to know why, because he will help our nation deal with it's issues.  He will bring together our country, unlike Mr. Dean who has moved the democratic party away from what it used to be.  So here in Mississippi and all over the south, if you are tired of what Dean is doing in this race, and are afraid of what he will do to this country, you need to vote Bloomberg/Bayh 2008.

October 2, 2008
-Rally in Selma, Alabama
-Rally in Montgomry, Alabama
-Rally in Birmingham, Alabama
-Rally and fundraiser in Huntsville, Alabama
-Rally and fundraiser in Decatur, Alabama

October 3, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Sandy Springs, Ga
-Rally in Canton, Ga
-Rally in Atlanta, Ga
-Rally in Atlanta, Ga
-Rally in Atlanta, Ga

October 4, 2008
-Rally in Greensbor, NC
-Rally in Durham, NC
-Rally in Raleigh, NC
-Rally and fundraiser in Rocky Mountain, NC

October 5, 2008
-Rally in Richmond, Virginia
-Rally in Williamsburg, Virginia
-Rally in Portsmouth, Virginia
-Rally and fundraiser in Newport News, Virginia
-Rally and fundraiser in Hampton, Virginia

October 6, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Fairfax, Virginia
-Rally in Arlington, Virginia
-Rally in Alexandria, Virginia
-Rally in Fredericksburg, Virginia
-Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1463 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »

OOC: Howard Dean covered in chocolate? I almost died with that one...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1464 on: May 26, 2013, 10:10:07 PM »

Reporter: Mayor Bloomberg, what is your take on the recent comments by Senator Murray that Howard Dean is "the sexiest man alive" and talking about him covered in chocolate frosting?
Bloomberg: Disturbing...while I certainly don't want to see Dean and Murray elected, I suppose it would make for a very interesting four years...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1465 on: May 26, 2013, 11:19:56 PM »

Official Statement from Howard Dean:

I...uhh...okay then.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1466 on: May 27, 2013, 03:40:12 AM »

LoL. Don't worry, Dean, this helps you more than it hurts.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1467 on: May 27, 2013, 04:39:08 AM »

Now we can have surrogates?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1468 on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »

October 7th -October 13th starts now!

VP debate tomorrow!! Presidential candidates will debate next week!

No change in polls after a very active campaign week by each one of the candidates.

PRP national map has lots of tied states! Undecideds have the key to Presidency.

PRP map & poll:
[0-4%) lead --> Toss-up (yellow)
[4-7%) lead --> light color (30% tonality)
[8-12%) lead --> 40% color
[12-15%) lead --> 60% color
[>15%) lead --> dark color (90% tonality)

Dean/Murray             32% 186 EVs
McCain/Pataki           31% 171 EVs
Bloomberg/Bayh       27% 15 EVs
Nader/Kucinich            6% 0 EVs

Each of you (Presidential candidates, not VPs) have the right to request 2 state polls which will be released next week.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1469 on: May 27, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »

I request Ohio and Iowa.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1470 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »

VP Debate, Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri

GWEN IFILL: Good evening from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. I'm Gwen Ifill of "The News Hour" and "Washington Week" on PBS. Welcome to the first and the only 2008 vice presidential debate between the Republican nominee, Former Governor George Pataki of New York; the Democratic nominee, Senator Patty Murray of Washington; the Independent, Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana; and the Green nominee, Representative Dennis Kucinich of Ohio.

The Commission on Presidential Debates is the sponsor of this event and the two remaining presidential debates. Tonight's discussion will cover a wide range of topics, including domestic and foreign policy matters.

It will be divided roughly into five-minute segments. Each candidate will have 90 seconds to respond to a direct question and then an additional two minutes for rebuttal and follow-up. The order has been determined by a coin toss.

The specific subjects and questions were chosen by me and have not been shared or cleared with anyone on the campaigns or on the commission. The audience here in the hall has promised to remain very polite, no cheers, applause, no untoward outbursts, except right at this minute now, as we welcome Governor Pataki, Senators Bayh and Murray, and Representative Kucinich.

IFILL: Welcome to you all.

As we have determined by a coin toss, the first question will go to Senator Murray.

How do you respond to critics like Senator Blanche Lincoln who say that the party has moved away from it's ideas of what it used to be, and how does it feel to be the second Female running mate in your parties history.

IFILL: OK, this one is for all candidates, how will you help your Running mate as Vice President?  By that, what will you do in Washington.

IFILL: This is for Mr Bayh and Mr Kucinich, why did you except this position?  It is very hard to win as a third party, so just explain why and how a third party can help Washington.

IFILL: This is for all Candidates, how will you deal with the partisanship in Washington, and why do you think that this exists now.

IFILL: Pataki, This is for you.  How do you respond to people who say that you are not pulling your weight in this race and how does your experience as Governor of New York help you in the possibility of you being Vice President.

IFILL: Final question tonight, before your closing statements, starting with you, Senator Bayh. Can you think of a single issue -- and this is to cast light for people who are just trying to get to know you in your final debate, your only debate of this year -- can you think of a single issue, policy issue, in which you were forced to change a long-held view in order to accommodate changed circumstances?

IFILL: Now give your Closing Statements starting with Governor Pataki.

IFILL: That ends tonight's debate. We want to thank the folks here at Washington University in St. Louis, and the Commission on Presidential Debates.

There are two more debates to come. Next Tuesday, October 7th, with Tom Brokaw at Belmont University in Nashville, and on October 15th at Hofstra University in New York, with Bob Schieffer.

Thank you, Governor Pataki, Senators Bayh and Murray and Represenative Kucinich. Good night, everybody.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1471 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »

If you find any former player who wants to post something as a surrogate, of course you can. That said, it doesn't help a lot (but at least helps a bit). The really important thing is what the Presidential candidate and his running-mate says, where he goes to...

Oh, and this time Jerry will have to show me his post-debate poll (NHI was totally free to do that, and will be in the following Presidential debates) for obvious reasons, so be sure that the winner of the poll is the winner of the debate.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1472 on: May 27, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

Question 1:

"Well, Gwen, if Mrs. Lincoln wants the Democratic Party to "return to its roots" of slavery and murdering Indians, then she's sorely mistaken if she thinks Governor Dean and I intend to do that. The Democratic Party that we envision is a party dedicated to helping the downtrodden in America and opposing the Bush policies that got us into this mess. The Democratic Party we envision is a party that fights for every American having a share in the American Dream, not just the wealthiest few, not just men, not just heterosexuals, not just Christians, but everyone. On the subject of my womanhood, I think it's a shame, frankly, that a woman competing for high political office in this day and age should be seen as a remarkable thing. I intend to do what Geraldine Ferraro couldn't do and smash the glass ceiling once and for all, so millions of women and girls all across this great nation can look at a portrait of Aaron Burr or Andrew Johnson or Dick Cheney and say "I can do that, too."

Question 2:

"As Vice President, I would fight for the policies that President Dean would fight for, along with him and by his side, fighting for change in America. However, I wouldn't just stand by my man like Tammy Wynette. I'd take an active role as President of the Senate and get the world's greatest deliberative body on its feet and pumping out legislation that would help millions of Americans. In addition, I would be fighting for my own causes as well, like the environment and education."

Question 4:

"I think the reason partisanship exists in Washington is because people have deeply held views upon which they are unwilling to compromise. Frankly, at times I can be one of those people. However, in order to get anything done in Washington, you absolutely must compromise. That's why Governor Dean and I will try as hard as we can to work across the aisle to enact policies that help working- and middle-class Americans, without sacrificing our Democratic (and democratic) principles."

Question 6:

"I don't think I've ever had to change any policy views, Gwen. I've always been a woman who fights for the middle class, in Washington State and Washington DC. I've always believed the American Dream and America itself is for everybody. That, in fact, is why I'm running for Vice President of this great land - I think that in this current climate too many Americans are being shut out of the American Dream, and that's a damn shame if I ever saw one."

Closing Statement:

"First off, I'd like to thank Governor Pataki, Senator Bayh, and Representative Kucinich for being here along with me, but I'd also like to tell you why I should be your next Vice President instead of them. You see, if we continue on this current path, America's future will not look good, and the policies of Bloomberg/Bayh and McCain/Pataki are the same as the policies of the last eight years. They would keep us stuck in an unwinnable, unnecessary war in Iraq, they would make us more enemies abroad and at home, and they would continue the economy's current downward spiral. On the other hand, you have Nader/Kucinich. The top of that ticket wouldn't even let his employees form a union, and the bottom is, quite frankly, a radical man who wants to ban simply owning a handgun even though he himself owned one when he was Mayor of Cleveland. As Vice President, I would fight to reverse the downward spiral of the past eight years and help forge a new day in America. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1473 on: May 27, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2013, 07:24:46 PM by Jayhawker »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Schedule: October 7th - 13th

October 7th: Accompanied by Dave Freudenthal and Jim Matheson
Meet and Greet - Fort Collins, Colorado
Campaign Rally - Cheyenne, Wyoming
Town Hall Meeting - Laramie, Wyoming
Appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly

Mayor Bloomberg fires up a crowd in Cheyenne, Wyoming

Thank you all for being here today! It's great to be here today in the beautiful state with Wyoming with your incredible Governor, Dave Freudenthal.

Dave and I have our differences, but one thing special we have in common is our desire to compromise and work with individuals of all ideologies to create better opportunities for our constituents. Here in Wyoming, Dave has worked with Republican majorities to balance the budget, lower the unemployment rate, and bring great improvements to the education system here in Wyoming. The sense of compromise and working together that we've see here in Wyoming should be a model for the rest of our nation, and as President, it's exactly the kind of leadership I hope to bring.

I'm not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat. I think both sides have contributed to the mess we are in, largely due to the special interests that have taken over our nation. As President, I will seek to end their presence in Washington by banning them from the chamber. They certainly won't have any sort of impact on my decisions as President - I will only be looking out for the interests of our nation and her people.

October 8th: Accompanied by Jim Matheson
Meet and Greet - Sunrise Manor, Nevada
Meet and Greet - Summerlin, Nevada
Campaign Rally - Las Vegas, Nevada
Town Hall Meeting - Enterprise, Nevada

Mayor Bloomberg speaks at a rally in Las Vegas, Nevada

Senator McCain is absolutely right - America is in decline, both at home and abroad, and it's largely due to the failed economic policies of Bush and McCain. I supported President Bush's decision to invade Iraq, and I supported the President four years ago. But a string of poor decisions by the President has altered my opinion of him, and I now firmly believe that America is worse off due to the policies of Bush. A new direction is needed, and from what I've seen, what Senator McCain is proposing would essentially be a continuation of failed policies.

I'm ready to put America back to work. It's time to wind down the unpopular war in Iraq, and use those resources to start improving ourselves here at home, whether it be through achieving health care for all, making college education more affordable and investing in our failing schools, or by fixing the many bridges and roads in this country in need of repair. We have a lot to do, and it needs to be done in a short amount of time. That's why it is essential that we have leaders in Washington who are ready to fight for you - as long as we let special interest groups dominate the debate, little will get accomplished. As President, I'll kick out the special interests, ignore the party bosses, and seek to implement policies with only our nation's best interests in mind.

October 9th: Accompanied by Cindy Crawford, Gavin Newsom, and Ross Perot
Meet and Greet - Victorville, California
Campaign Rally - Riverside, California
Meet and Greet - Vista, California
Campaign Rally - San Diego, California
Teleconference with Alaska for Bloomberg Team
Flies to Pennsylvania

Mayor Bloomberg greets voters in Vista, California

I look forward to seeing California vote Independent in one month! We have a great team here, a great group of volunteers. The momentum is behind us, not just here, but across the nation. We won the first debate, and our next Vice President, Evan Bayh, is going to win the next debate!

Evan and I have real solutions for this nation. It involves idea's from both parties. Now, Howard Dean calls me spineless for having such a position, but then again, look at his divisive record as DNC Chairman and it should come as a surprise to no one that he chastises someone with a bi-partisan record and positions. Senator Murray, like Governor Dean, is just spreading attacks that may sound good on soundbites, but simply aren't true. We won't be a continuation of the last eight years, not in the slightest. A Bloomberg-Bayh administration will seek to create fair tax rates, understanding that the rich can pay a little more, as well as bring a close to the Iraq war and cutting all of the wasteful, pork spending in Washington. In doing so, we're not only going to balance the budget, but we're going to be able to invest more in creating a better opportunity for Americans with better jobs and an improved education system.

October 10th: Accompanied by Mayor Michael Nutter and Oprah Winfrey
Meet and Greet - Wallingford, Pennsylvania
Meet and Greet - Allentown, Pennslyvania
Campaign Rally - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Town Hall Meeting - Paterson, New York

Oprah speaks at a rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Good afternoon!

I've spent time over the past few weeks campaigning on behalf of Mayor Bloomberg, and let me just emphasize how excited I am to end this error and elect real leadership to the White House next month!

Like many here in Philadelphia and across the Northeast, I am a proud liberal, but before anything, I am an American. I ran for President on the belief that we have a government that isn't working for us, rather, for itself. We have politicians who don't care too much about representing their constituents, but are rather focused on the interest groups and party bosses. I sought to bring change within the Democratic party, though ultimately, our efforts fell short. I chose not to endorse Governor Dean because his divisive nature is one of the main issues wrong with our country. We need leaders who are not only ready to represent the people, but are also ready to cooperate and work together. I endorsed Mayor Bloomberg because not only does he have the best record of the candidates in terms of bi-partisanship, but because he has shown himself to be a true leader, putting the people's interests ahead of his own.

My friends, we need Mayor Bloomberg and Senator Bayh to be our President and Vice President. They may not be the leaders some of us originally wanted, but they are the leaders we need. Thank you, and God Bless!

October 11th:Accompanied by Lowell Weicker and Angus King
Meet and Greet - Stamford, Connecticut
Town Hall Meeting - Bridgeport, Connecticut
Campaign Rally - New Haven, Connecticut
Meeting with Small Business Owners - Hamden, Connecticut
Appearance on Hannity

Mayor Bloomberg gives a stirring speech in New Haven, Connecticut

New Haven - in a few weeks, you will have tremendous power. You will have the ability to create change in our nation. We have the power and the ability to fundamentally build and grow America in a positive way for the next four years, rather that continue down the decline we're currently going through. We have the ability to build on a progressive and positive economic platform that will invest our resources here at home to put Americans to work, boosting our economy through empowering small businesses and entrepreneurs across this great country.

Throughout America, citizens are frustrated by Republicans and Democrats who parrot old ideas, yet when they get into power, little is actually done. This upcoming election is about much more than who will be our President, it is about choices and choosing the future of America. The path we are currently on, and some of the paths offered to us in this election, will continue to lead us down a dark path.

I am running for President, not for the title or the prestige, but because I have a truly unique vision for this country, a vision rarely seen in presidential races, and this vision can be achieved with the right leadership and a unified country. Together, we can make a difference. Together, we can move this country forward. God Bless you all!

---

I have great respect for Senator McCain, and I still think he has a real chance at becoming our next President. But here in Connecticut, the race is between Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Dean. We simply cannot afford four more years of a divisive government with Dean in control - I urge the good people of Connecticut, and other Americans, to cast their vote for Mike Bloomberg.
- Former Governor Lowell Weicker endorsing Bloomberg

October 12th: Accompanied by Angus King, Lincoln Chaffee, and Tim Cahill
Meet and Greet - Norwich, Connecticut
Campaign Rally - Providence, Rhode Island
Meet and Greet - Worcester, Massachusetts
Town Hall Meeting - Newton, Massachusetts

Chaffee speech in another post - ran out of characters!

October 13th: Accompanied by Angus King and former Governor Steve Merrill
Meet and Greet - Lowell, Massachusetts
Town Hall Meeting - Nashua, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally - Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Concord, New Hampshire
Appearance on Anderson Cooper 360

Former Governor Steve Merrill addresses a crowd in Manchester, New Hampshire

My friends, we have a real opportunity this election. For as long as I can remember, Americans have been generally unfavorable to the two-party system, believing that both sides contribute to our nation's problems and that Washington D.C. is too partisan. And you're right - Washington has gotten too political, too partisan.

This election, we finally have a real opportunity to kick out the D.C. establishment and elect a third-party candidate. I think we've moved past the concern that it would be wasting a vote, a concern I used to hold, which originally kept me from endorsing Michael Bloomberg. But this is certainly a three-way race right now, and with the way the momentum is swinging, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mayor leading nationally before long.

New Hampshire - please join me in saying no to the establishment and yes to real leaders. Join me next month. Let's put New Hampshire's four electoral votes in the Bloomberg column!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1474 on: May 27, 2013, 11:43:49 AM »

Question 2:
"I think it's very simple what I bring to the table. Nader is a complete Washington outsider. He comes as a consumer advocate and will be speaking directly to the people with his proposals. I will be in the congress trying to get those proposals through, because they are all important. I will be pushing Green Energy and Healthcare in congress and if they vote against than my partner Nader will push them hard during election time and see if their minds change.

Also, I will go around the world working out treaties, agreements, and Fair trade. For too long, we've been letting companies in our country use labor from other countries that causes those people to live in a horrible work environment. We need to stop this by going to fair trade, and I will be going around the world trying to push that agenda."

Question 3:
"I accepted this position for one reason and one reason only: My country. I believe it is patriotic to run against the status quo and try to win. I think America was founded on the best possible individuals running for the job and having a chance of winning, not two mass conglomerates controlling our entire electoral system. That may be the only thing that Evan Bayh and I will agree on, his record as a conservative Democrat and my record as a very liberal democrat."

Question 4:
"That's an interesting question because I think it brings up something interesting that isn't really discussed too much. It's not that the parties are getting more extreme and not getting along on those grounds: I've worked with Congressman Ron Paul, who is one of the most right-wing congressman in the country. I've done work with many Right-Wing congressman on things we agree with. Clearly, ideology is not the issue. Instead, it's the idea that these two gigantic political parties are controlling EVERYTHING and their refusal to work together is merely to try to pin the tail on the donkey and win seats. That's why we need a third or a fourth political party, and I believe that the Green Party will be that alternative."

Question 6:
"I like to look at my record as a beacon of consistency, a man working hard for my liberal constituency, but there is one big issue facing me that I have changed my view on, and that's abortion. I still feel like, in my heart, abortion is wrong. However, more abortion would happen if we didn't allow it, if we didn't have these safeguards, and it would be done in a way that is much more harmful. A world with illegal abortion is a cruel, dark world, and I realized that in the midsts of my congressional career."

Closing Statements:
"I'd like to thank all of my opponents here today for being willing to debate with the last place in polling, which doesn't seem to happen most years, but nevertheless I can not stand here without saying my piece here. These candidates here are the problem, not the solution. The constant bickering. It's not about, can we elected a centrist moderate who will cut seniors benefits just as hard as a so-called liberal or a conservative. It's about working across the aisle to get big things done, and that's what I've planned to do, because I have a record of doing it. I am an undying liberal and a green, but I am willing to put my plans in front of a Republican and say what can I improve about this bill without sacrificing my ideals or my principles. It's so simple that the big party structures and the big money can not understand it. It's time we had leadership that did."
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies