2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:44:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152839 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: May 20, 2013, 07:06:36 AM »
« edited: May 20, 2013, 02:35:24 PM by JulioMadrid »

You have to post your schedule today if you don't want to lose a turn. I'll update this evening (~20:00 GMT). Tomorrow we have the debate Wink

EDIT: 2 more hours.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1401 on: May 20, 2013, 03:04:59 PM »

We Need a New Direction - Susan Molinari

Since 2002, I have watched Mayor Mike Bloomberg serve New York City, and I have been nothing but impressed by the job he has done. He's worked with both sides to accomplish many of the goals he had going in, as well as many more. New York City still has a long way to go, but it is quite obvious that the city has gone through drastic improvements under Mike's leadership.

Having served with John McCain as a fellow Republican in Congress, I have great respect for the man. But when making this endorsement, I'm forgetting about party labels. I'm looking for a candidate who will shake up Washington D.C. and bring a new direction to it. Michael Bloomberg is running as an outsider - he isn't part of the D.C. establishment like Governor Dean and Senator McCain. It would be so refreshing to have a leader who isn't so concerned about the party politics, rather interested in the effort to rebuild this nation. I am proud to endorse Michael Bloomberg, and I encourage my fellow Republicans, as well as Independents and Democrats, to stand up to the establishment and do the same. I look forward to doing whatever I can to ensure New York votes Bloomberg this fall!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1402 on: May 20, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Advertisement: Committed
Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, which will air nationwide, with a specific concentration in states with high senior populations, specifically Florida.

Announcer: Howard Dean now claims that he supports Medicare. But what did he say about it when he was serving as Governor of Vermont?

Howard Dean Voiceover: "one of the worst federal programs ever and a living advertisement for why the government should never administer a national health care program."

Michael Bloomberg: As President, I will strongly support the continued existence of Medicare, not demonize it, and will fight to ensure it is properly funded.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1403 on: May 20, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Too Extreme

Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, bringing up past quotes from former Governor Howard Dean. It will air in all fifty states.

Howard Dean Voice-overs:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Announcer: And when asked if Iraq was better off without Saddam Hussein, Howard Dean had this to say:

Announcer: Even fellow Democrats agree on Howard Dean's divisiveness.

Barack Obama Voice-over:

Announcer: Howard Dean - A divider, not a uniter.

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I approve this message.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1404 on: May 20, 2013, 05:14:55 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2013, 05:17:06 PM by JulioMadrid »

September 23th - September 29th starts now.

Poll has Dean and McCain even in Colorado (has DNC worked there?), Bloomberg and Dean almost tied in NY, Dean leading in Michigan, Bloomberg with the lead in Indiana. NH is a 3-way tie!

What-if this becomes a Dean vs. Bloomberg race? Pollster PRP will ask McCain, Bloomberg and Dean voters who's their second choice!

No National poll this week. Debate tomorrow!

Ralph Nader not on campaign trail!

Republicans abandoning John McCain? Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) endorses Michael Bloomberg ("Come on, John, I can't stand this campaign, how can it be soooooooo boring, soooo uninspiring. Bloomberg is my man, if he promises to fight for Alaskans interests"), and so does democrat representative Baron Hill (D-IN): "I like to say: I'm just like Evan Bayh, but I'm not your Senator. I'm your representative. So, if I tell people I'm just like him, I have to support him. But I'm still a democrat, and I'm running for reelection, I want this to be clear".

Republican-turned-independent, senator Jim Jeffords (I-VT), endorses Howard Dean: "I have to say this now: I voted for Howard Dean more than once -and more than twice, too-. He's been a great Governor, he's done a great job, he really has. And I'm endorsing him not only because of that, but also because he is the voice of rural America". VT Governor, Jim Douglas (R-VT) says Dean would make a great President, will decide who will get his support after the debate.

New York:
Dean 37%
Bloomberg 36%
McCain 21%
Nader 2%
Undecided 4%

Colorado:
Dean 35%
McCain 35%
Bloomberg 21%
Nader 4%
Undecided 5%

Indiana:
Bloomberg 35%
McCain 31%
Dean 26%
Nader 2%
Undecided 6%

Michigan:
Dean 35%
McCain 32%
Bloomberg 24%
Nader 3%
Undecided 6%

New Hampshire:
Dean 33%
McCain 32%
Bloomberg 29%
Nader 2%
Undecided 4%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1405 on: May 20, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »

Lisa Endorses Mike!

Today, I announce my support for Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh.

I'm not endorsing them because I find John McCain and George Pataki to be flawed. Both are excellent men, and if they are elected, I'm sure they will make a fine administration. But I think America needs better than fine. America needs better than what we have seen for the past few decades.

Serving Alaska has been a blessing, and while serving, I have remained committed to putting Alaskans, not Republican leaders, first. Washington D.C. has become engrossed in partisan, party politics, and quite frankly, I have had enough! For a long time, many Americans have complained about how Washington D.C. works, and many of us have felt it to be too corrupt and full of establishment politicians. We feel they have lost touch with us, and instead are only focused on special interests and party leaders.

This election provides us, the silent majority, an excellent opportunity to stand up and say no. We have never had a better opportunity to stand up against the establishment, and we would be fools to pass up this opportunity after complaining for so many years. So if you, like me, are tired of how things are going, do something about it, and join me in electing real leaders - Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1406 on: May 20, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »

Statement from former Senator Jim Jeffords (I-VT)Sad

"More than ever, I'm glad that I left the Republican Party when I had the chance. It's clear that the past eight years have been marked by failed leadership, and my friend, John McCain, isn't giving me hope that he'd be any better. I therefore must stand with my friend, my fellow Green Mountaineer, and the finest governor our state's ever had, Howard Dean!

Despite what the McCain and Bloomberg camps want to paint him as, Dean knows how to work with both sides of the aisle and, more importantly, how to find the best solutions for all Americans. He invested in education and gave near-universal health coverage to Vermonters on a balanced budget. That's the kind of executive attitude we need in Washington, and I'm confident we'll get it."
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1407 on: May 20, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »

I got to terrible test tomorrow and on wednesday! Does any of the candidates agree to freeze this game for 2 days? On thursday everyone gets back to the game! Pleaseee!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1408 on: May 20, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »

I'm mixed. On one hand you are one of the four candidates, but on the other hand you're not going to do any better than low single digits...

I'll see what McCain and Bloomberg want to do.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1409 on: May 20, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »

If the debate is just a set of questions (not a commentary), I think it should go ahead and begin tomorrow. Then allow until Thursday for both the debate and this turn to finish.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1410 on: May 21, 2013, 04:25:29 AM »

I'm mixed. On one hand you are one of the four candidates, but on the other hand you're not going to do any better than low single digits...

I'll see what McCain and Bloomberg want to do.

I appreciate your support
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1411 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53:56 AM »

I hate being authoritarian, but you should have told me that you had an important test, so I wouldn't have updated the game yesterday!! I'll have an update for tomorrow or Thursday (AFTER your test, so tell me when it is). It's NHI who decides when to release his poll, until then you can answer his questions.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1412 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »

If my campaign is boring, then how am I supposed to make it more exciting?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1413 on: May 21, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »

If my campaign is boring, then how am I supposed to make it more exciting?

Dean, Bloomberg and Nader have seen their polling numbers improve since DNC ended. Compare their posts with your posts, it's nothing personal, Oldies. It's just that I think their posts have been, generally speaking, better. Am I not being objective? Because I'll check every post again if other people agree I've not been fair to you.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1414 on: May 21, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2013, 12:40:47 PM by NHI »

Presidential Debate: from the University of Denver

Lehrer: Good evening from the Magness Arena at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Mississippi. I'm Jim Lehrer of the "PBS NewsHour," and I welcome you to the 2008 presidential debates between the four major candidates for President of the United States, Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean the Democratic nominee,  Arizona Senator John McCain, the Republican nominee, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the Indendent/Green Party candidate and consumer activist Ralph Nader the Green Party nominee.

Tonight's 90 minutes will be about domestic issues and will follow a format designed by the commission. There will be six roughly 15-minute segments with two-minute answers for the first question, then open discussion for the remainder of each segment.
Thousands of people offered suggestions on segment subjects or questions via the Internet and other means, but I made the final selections. And for the record, they were not submitted for approval to the commission or the candidates.
The segments as I announced in advance will be three on the economy and one each on health care, the role of government and governing, with an emphasis throughout on differences, specifics and choices. Both candidates will also have two-minute closing statements.
The audience here in the hall has promised to remain silent -- no cheers, applause, boos, hisses, among other noisy distracting things, so we may all concentrate on what the candidates have to say. There is a noise exception right now, though, as we welcome Governor Dean, Senator McCain, Mayor Bloomberg and Mr. Nader.

(APPLAUSE)

Lehrer: Gentlemen, good evening and welcome to you all. Let's start the economy, and let's begin with jobs. Each of you has put forth different plans on how to create jobs, you each have two minutes, now beginning with Governor Dean and the proceeding down the line, how would you go about creating jobs?

Lehrer: To the two non-major parties candidates, Mayor Bloomberg and Mr. Nader. Both you have been called spoilers in this race and that you don't have any chance of winning. How do you respond to those charges, and then explain if you can really win the race to 270 electoral votes?

Lehrer: Governor Dean you've charged that electing John McCain would be in essence a third term for George W. Bush. What did you mean by that?

Lehrer: Senator McCain, one minute for a rebutal.

Lehrer: To each of the candidates. What role should the federal government play in health care?

Lehrer: Mayor Bloomberg and Mr. Nader, what is the major difference between the two of you and the two other candidates for President, Governor Dean and Senator McCain?

Lehrer: This has been a divisive and contentious campaign at time. According to a recent poll more Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction for the first time in history. Gentlemen, once the election is over and one of you is elected President, how do you bring the country together?

Lehrer: That brings us to closing statements. Each of the candidates drew straws, and  Mr. Nader, you will go first, followed by Governor Dean, Mayor Bloomberg and Senator McCain.  so you have a closing two minutes, Mr. Nader.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1415 on: May 21, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »

The first debate in 2008 was actually at Ole Miss, but OK.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1416 on: May 21, 2013, 11:57:21 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2013, 12:49:01 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

John McCain Campaign Schedule

September 23, 2008
-Rally in Gary, Indiana
-Rally in Valparaiso, Indiana
-Rally in South Bend, Indiana
-Fundraiser & rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Rally in Muncie, Indiana

September 24, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Indianapolis, Indiana
-Rally in Terre Haute, Indiana
-Rally in Evansville, Indiana

September 25, 2008
-Rally in Thornton, Colorado
-Rally in Westminster, Colorado
-Rally in Longmont, Colorado
-Rally in Arvada, Colorado
-Rally in Centennial, Colorado

September 26, 2008
-Debate Prep in Oxford, Mississippi

September 27, 2008
-Rally in Bay City, Michigan
-Rally in Saginaw, Michigan
-Fundraiser & rally in Flint, Michigan
-Rally in Owosso, Michigan

September 28, 2008
-Fundraiser & rally in Brighton, Michigan, with Congressman Mike Rogers
-Fundraiser & rally in Rochester, Michigan
-Fundraiser & rally in Rochester Hills, Michigan
-Fundraiser & rally in Lathrup Village, Michigan
-Rally in Clawson, Michigan

September 29, 2008
-Rally in Huntington Woods, Michigan
-Fundraiser & rally in Eastpointe, Michigan
-Rally in Port Huron, Michigan, with Congresswoman Candice Miller

McCain Campaign Ad
To be run in the following statesSad/u]

I'll have Pataki's schedule up after my debate post.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1417 on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »

The first debate in 2008 was actually at Ole Miss, but OK.
Noted and corrected.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1418 on: May 21, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Schedule: September 23th - 29th

Mayor Bloomberg sets an aggressive schedule for the week

September 23rd: Accompanied by Congresswoman Molinari and Mayor Amicone of Yonkers
Meet and Greet - Brentwood, New York
Meet and Greet - Hicksville, New York
Meet and Greet - Bayside, New York
Campaign Rally - Queens, New York
Appearance on The View

Michael Bloomberg sits down with the ladies on The View

I'm very excited about the upcoming debate. I see it as an excellent opportunity for myself, along with Mr. Nader, to show the American people that they have more options this year than the traditional two-party race. Our internal polls have us tied or leading in quite a few states - I think it's very realistic to say we have an excellent shot at winning the popular vote and a good chance at winning the electoral college, though I do expect that to be an uphill climb.

Americans are tired of the way things are doing - as I travel across this nation and meet with folks, I see that this attitude isn't shared just by certain races, incomes, or religions. My campaign is all about providing the American people with an opportunity - to show them that things don't have to continue down this partisan path our leaders in D.C. have taken us down. It's time to unite America, and that's exactly what I intend to do.

September 24th: Accompanied by Colin Powell and Tim Cahill
Meet and Greet - New Haven, Connecticut
Campaign Rally - Hartford, Connecticut
Campaign Rally - Springfield, Massachusetts
Appearance on Hannity

September 25th: Accompanied by Colin Powell
Meet and Greet - Keene, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Nashua, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally - Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Concord, New Hampshire
Flies to Minnesota

September 26th: Accompanied by Oprah Winfrey
Campaign Rally - Bloomington, Minnesota
Meet and Greet - Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Campaign Rally - Madison, Wisconsin
Appearance on The Rachel Maddow Show

September 27th: Accompanied by Oprah Winfrey
Meet and Greet - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Speech at Michigan State University - Lansing, Michigan
Meet and Greet - Farmington Hills, Michigan
Campaign Rally - Detroit, Michigan
Flies to California

September 28th: Accompanied by Mayor Gavin Newsom
Campaign Rally - San Francisco, California
Meet and Greet - Santa Cruz, California
Meet and Greet - Salinas, California
Town Hall Meeting - Bakersfield, California

September 29th: Accompanied by Mayor Gavin Newsom, former Mayor James Hahn, and Cindy Crawford
Meet and Greet - North Valley, California
Campaign Rally - Los Angelas, California
Campaign Rally - Long Beach, California
Appearance on KTLA 6 - Los Angelas, California

September 30th: Accompanied by Cindy Crawford
Meet and Greet - Riverside, California
Opening of New Campaign Office - Irvine, California
Meet and Greet - Poway, California
Campaign Rally - San Diego, California

Michael Bloomberg Opens a New Office in Irvine, California

Good afternoon!

The polls are tightening! Each day, our campaign continues to gain momentum, and I know that we will continue this campaign all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue! California plays a crucial role in getting us there, hence why our campaign is investing so much time and resources into this state. I know that on election night, California will surprise the nation by voting for the Bloomberg/Bayh ticket!

I'm proud to have the endorsement of strong executives around this nation, from Mayor Nutter in Philadelphia, to Mayor Newsom in San Fransisco, and former Mayor Hahn right up the road in Los Angelas, who was on the campaign trail with us yesterday. All of these folks understand something that few in Washington seem to get - in order to get things done and move this country back on the right track, we need to start listening to the people. We need to ignore the party bosses and special interests and work across party lines to get the job done. I don't have a party - I don't have a side. As President, I will act in the best interests of the American people, and with that, will work with both sides to find solutions to get this country moving again. Thank you, and God Bless!

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1419 on: May 21, 2013, 09:51:07 PM »

Governor Dean's Campaign Schedule, September 23rd-29th:

September 23rd:

-Rally in Yonkers, New York
-Fundraiser in New York City
-Appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

September 24th:

-Flight to Florida
-Rally in Miami, Florida
-Fundraiser in Miami, Florida
-Interview on Univision

September 25th:

-Rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Meet & Greet in Coral Beach, Florida
-Fundraiser in Boca Raton, Florida

"If you've noticed his new campaign tactic, the corporate bigwig Republican in this race, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, is trying to paint me as someone who hates and wants to dismantle Medicare. This simply isn't true. This line of attack was used against me in my last presidential run, and it was false then too. I wasn't criticizing the system or the benefits. I was remarking on the bureaucracy and inefficiency of how the federal government runs the program, and no one can dispute the issues Medicare has in that regard. I don't want to dismantle Medicare. I want to make it more efficient for recipients and accessible to every American."

September 26th:

-Meet & Greet in West Palm Beach, Florida
-Rally in Kissimmee, Florida
-Rally in Orlando, Florida with Senator Bill Nelson

If Senator McCain thinks Florida will vote for failed Republican policies a third time--or should I say a second time--he's sorely mistaken. It's becoming clearer and clearer that voters want real leadership in Washington, someone who's fought and will fight for ordinary people everywhere. This November, the Sunshine state will shine blue for Howard Dean!"

September 27th:

-Flight to Virginia
-Rally in Virginia Beach, Virginia
-Rally in Norfolk, Virginia with Senator Jim Webb

"I have to credit my victory two years ago, which some called the upset of the night, to my friend Howard. Instead of sticking to the traditional red state-blue state model, he went bold. At the DNC, he made inroads into so-called red states like Virginia, like Missouri, like Montana, and against conventional wisdom, our party made big gains.

Why am I talking about this? Well, I think it shows Howard Dean's personality. He's bold, courageous, not afraid to take a stand for what's right. That's what we need in a leader, and that's why I'm supporting Howard Dean and Patty Murray this November."

September 28th:

-Rally in Petersburg, Virginia
-Rally in Richmond, Virginia with Senate candidate Mark Warner
-Town Hall in Richmond, Virginia

September 29th:

-Rally in Arlington, Virginia
-Fundraiser in Washington, D.C. with Democratic congressional leaders
-Meet & Greet in Leesburg, Virginia
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1420 on: May 22, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

Bloomberg, you posted September 30th, too. So next week don't post that day again, OK?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1421 on: May 22, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »

(Let me go on the record to say that unless where a rebuttal is allowed, I think it would be very improper for other candidates to get to personally respond to earlier posts, as it punishes those who respond first (we should be rewarded, not punished, for posting earlier))

First off, I would like to thank both you, Jim, and Ole Miss' for agreeing to host this debate. And I want to thank you, the American people, for tuning in tonight to hear this very important discussion of our nation's future. We're at a critical time in our nation, and this election will affect our nation for generations to come.

The current administration has us going down the wrong path, both at home and abroad. In order to improve our economic situation, we first should seek to improve the way the government operates. The economic policies of the Bush administration has completely wiped out the surplus created by President Clinton and has added trillions of dollars to our nations debt. As your President, I will work with both Republicans and Democrats to both cut spending and raise taxes on our highest income earners.

Solving the economic issues facing our country requires cooperation, and that is something both Republicans and Democrats have received a failing grade on. Serving as Mayor, I worked with both Republicans and Democrats to turn a five billion dollar deficit into a four billion dollar surplus, which was then used to give a tax rebate to all homeowners in our city. I'm tired of the reckless policies implemented by both Republicans and Democrats in Washington, and as President, I will put an end to it.

Well, I would respond by saying that those charges are simply incorrect. Our campaign has the momentum right now, and each week, we are getting closer and closer to Senator McCain and Governor Dean. We are also leading in several states, a feat that hasn't been accomplished by a third party candidate since 1968. I am in this race because I'm tired of the direction our leaders in Washington are taking us, and I know that with real reform and real leadership, we can turn things around. Each day, more and more Americans are saying "no" to the status quo and joining our team.

I believe our campaign has a very realistic chance of not only winning the popular vote, but also reaching the required number of electoral votes to win the Presidency. With your support, we can do the unthinkable, say no to the establishment, and send a third-party candidate to the White House!

Our leaders in Washington have failed us on the issue of health care, primarily due to the fact that special interest groups, who have funded many of their campaigns, have dictated their policy-making. When I'm President, special interests groups will not have a vote or a say on my administration's decisions. Take the tobacco industry - one billion people will die due to tobacco this century, yet nothing will be done on this critical issue due to the billions of dollars they pour into campaigns. The entire way Washington works is just wrong - our government should act in accordance of what is best for the people, not what is best for their campaigns.

Fixing the health care system requires the courage and leadership we only dream of our elected officials having. It's a daunting task, but if we can finally get both sides working together, I think we can start fixing this issue. Medicare has to achieve reform - the architects of Medicare never envisioned it to be what it is today. That being said, as President, I will protect all Medicare funding and ensure that each senior has the right to the best health care in the world. I believe in establishing a federal health care system that, one day, can get every individual insured. It is crucial that we force the insurance companies to no longer deny those with pre-existing conditions, and individuals should also be able to stay on their parents plan until at least the age of twenty-five. One piece of reform alone will not solve this critical issue, but with the right policies and the right leaders there to implement then, progress can be made.

Well, all of us certainly contrast from one another in terms of political beliefs. I believe both Republicans and Democrats have the right solutions and have a very moderate past, which contrasts from others in the race. But more importantly, I think my past and my goals as President is what draws the greatest contrast. I am not a career politician - I spent almost three decade in the private sector, which I believe gives me a unique perspective on how the economy works. I'm an Independent - throughout my administration, I've ignored the special interests and party bosses and have acted in the best interests of the people of New York City. As a result, our economy is expanding and our city is in the best financial shape it has been in for many years. This is the type of leadership we need in Washington D.C., my friends. This election gives you, the people, an opportunity to stand up to party leaders and elect someone to the White House who will represent your best interests.

We have to have a leader who will bring both sides together in Washington D.C. Our nation is facing big issues, and we need cooperation and compromise to solve them. Statements made by Governor Dean during his time as DNC Chair are concerning to me, statements in which he referred to Republicans as idiots among other derogatory names. He later tried to backtrack on saying he hated Republicans by saying he was only referring to the leadership, but I find that just as alarming, as those are the individuals he would have to be working with if elected President!

As soon as I'm elected President, I plan on sitting down with individuals in both parties who are interested in real reform and understand the need to work together. We need a President who is a unifier, not a divider. I have a record of doing just that as Mayor of New York City, and as an Independent, I will do whatever it takes to get both sides to work together. While we have the opportunity to elect an Independent problem-solver to the White House, we'll still have many partisan Republicans and Democrats in Washington, so it is crucial that we get them to understand the importance of compromise as well.

To the millions of Americans who took things into their own hands and helped get me on the ballot, let me assure you that tonight is only the beginning. Our campaign is gaining momentum, and for the next month, we will be going full steam ahead to make sure that you get a voice in your government and that you get your country back!

Can we win? Of course we can win, because this is your country. The only question remaining is who do you want in the White House. I urge the American people to stop letting the party bosses to tell you who to vote for, and don't listen to the press who tells you that you'd be throwing your vote away by voting for me - use your head and make your own informed decision, without any of the biases.

I encourage the voters to look at each candidate's record - which candidates have been part of the problem, and which candidates have contributed to the divisive nature that has been created in Washington D.C. Which candidate has worked across lines to take a city from financial uncertainty to financial stability?

I'm running in this race for the future generations - I want you to have the American dream. I'm doing this because I love America, and I love the American spirit. Thank you all, God Bless, and I ask for your vote this November.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1422 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »

OOC: I agree that we shouldn't be allowed to rebut others' debate posts, but I'm not sure about a reward for posting earlier; these things take a while to do and I probably won't have time to sit down and give strong responses until tomorrow.

Howard Dean Campaign Ad: Who Is Michael Bloomberg?
Airing in the following states:

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1423 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

OOC: The other three candidates are all going to be at an advantage over myself as they'll be able to compare their responses to mine. Imagine how beneficial it'd be to be in a debate where you know exactly what others have said. Despite having my own RL distractions, I posted my responses as soon as possible, and despite my efforts, this game is going to be delayed waiting for everyone else to respond. I think that deserves a little bit of a boost. Maybe NHI will decide that there should be consequences for waiting around for others to post their response and he'll grade the debate tonight or tomorrow, as was planned.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1424 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »

OOC: Yeah, I understand your sentiment. I'll certainly work to get my responses up by tomorrow (I think NHI should do the grading tomorrow night).
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies