2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:41:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152798 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »

Week 9  - The Manufacturing Belt back on track! – (Michigan and Ohio)

May 19th

Rest in Vermont
Meet & Greet in Burlington
Rally in Burligton
*GOTV Event
*Ballot Access Event

May 20th

Fly to New York City
Interview with Stephen Colbert

You must be logged in to read this quote.

May 21st

Fly to Lansing, Michigan.
Meeting with unionized members (seeking endorsements)

Internet interview with the Young Turks about the Democratic Primaries

May 22nd

Go by Bus to Flint, Michigan.
Meet & Greet in Flint, Michigan.
Door to Door In Flint
 Big Rally in Flint

“Flint is seek and tired of politics as usual. Politicians are trying to fool the people of this wonderful city with failed pledges, unrealistic proposals and poor rhetoric, but the people of Flint won’t be fooled. There’s only one way to save Flint and the rest of the Manufacturing Belt is to protect our national industry. Let’s get out of NAFTA, let’s get out of the WTO and let’s crack down on China if they keep with this terrible currency manipulation and let’s raise our import taxes!”

May 23rd

Go by Bus to Detroit, Michigan
Meet & Greet in Detroit.
New Campaign Headquarter – Detroit, Michigan.
Big Rally
GOTV Event
Ballot Access Event

May 24th

Go by Bus to Cleveland, Ohio.
Rest in a Holiday Inn in a Highway

May 25th

Meet & Greet in Cleveland
Door to Door in Cleveland
Dinning with Dennis Kucinich (Seeking for Endorsement)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1301 on: April 30, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Schedule: June 2nd-8th

June 2nd:
Addressing "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" Conference
Private Fundraiser - Washington D.C.
Interview on Anderson Cooper 360
Flies to Texas

Michael Bloomberg speaks to fellow members of the MAIG Conference

It's such an honor and a privilege to address you all today.

Two years ago, I co-founded this group, and since then our membership has grown to over five hundred mayors who are committed to standing up against gun violence. Gun violence is a serious issue facing our country, as the wrong guns are being put into the wrong hands.

I support the Constitution, and I support each individuals right to bear arms. However, I don't think that right means we can't enact policies to ensure that guns aren't put into the wrong hands, along with the fact that certain guns can be banned to help protect the public from harm. You see, we're not all here today because we hate guns...we're here because we hate crimes. It's time that our lawmakers stop giving in to the interest groups and start putting up common-sense measures, such as background checks and an assault weapons ban. That would be the first thing I would do if I was in there.

Our bi-partisan coalition has put the issue of illegal guns back on the national agenda--beating back federal legislation that would have made it easier to traffic in illegal guns. I thank you all for standing with me on this important issue - together, we will make our cities safer and stronger. Thank you, and God Bless!

June 3rd:
Meet and Greet - Sugarland, Texas
Meet and Greet - Pasadena, Texas
Town Hall Meeting - Northeast Houston, Texas
Private Dinner with Houston Mayor Bill White

June 4th:
Meet and Greet - Beaumont, Texas
Meet and Greet - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Meet and Greet - Laplace, Louisiana
Private Dinner with Former Governor John Breaux - New Orleans, Louisiana
Flies to California

June 5th:
Brunch with San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom (Discussing Endorsement/VP Selection)
Meeting with LGBT Community of San Francisco - San Francisco, California
Town Hall Meeting - Daly, California
Interview on ABC7 - San Francisco, California

California is a big state, and whoever the Democrats nominate will have an advantage. But you know what, I'm here, and I'm campaigning hard. I know there are a lot of people here that are frustrated with what's going on in this nation and are fed up with the two-party system that has plagued us. I believe this November, California will vote Independent.
- Mike Bloomberg, being interviewed by ABC7 San Francisco

June 6th:
Meet and Greet - San Mateo, California
Meet and Greet - Palo Alto, California
Town Hall Meeting - San Jose, California
Town Hall meeting - Fremont, California

Mike Bloomberg, on the campaign trail in California

Each day, more and more mayors are joining our campaign - our nation has so many great executives at the city and state level. However, what continues to hold our nation back is our nation's capital, Washington D.C., where special interests control our legislatures and our executive leaders.

As President, I'll only be a rubber stamp for one group: You, the American people. I realize we may not agree on every issue, but one thing we do agree on is the importance of getting this nation back on track. President Bush has harped on fiscal conservatism, yet his administration has completely failed us economically, with our nation falling into a recession and our national debt skyrocketing. We need a new direction and new leadership, and that's what I hope to provide!

June 7th:
Luncheon with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums
Attend Oakland A's Baseball Game - Oakland, Californai
Town Hall Meeting - Vacaville, California

June 8th:
Meet and Greet - Woodland, California
Meet and Greet - Roseville, California
Campaign Rally - Sacramento, California
Meeting with Mayoral Candidate Kevin Johnson
Appearance on Glenn Beck
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1302 on: April 30, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »

Chuck Hagel stands withdraws Obama endorsement, endorses Howard Dean

Where I stand, I feel that John McCain nor Michael Bloomberg understand the deep foreign policy concerns of this nation. I am concerned, too, that while I am a big fan of Senator Barack Obama, I do not see his winning in the cards. Therefore, I renounce my endorsement of Barack Obama and endorse the equally strong on foreign policy Howard Dean. Mr. Dean has shown bold leadership as Governor of Vermont, has made tough choices that have angered both sides on the budget, and will get out us out of Iraq in a way that is sensible. I believe Dean is what we need in order for our nation to succeed again!

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1303 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:35 PM »

Week 10  - The Manufacturing Belt back on track! (Ohio) and Trip to Alaska

May 26th

Meeting with unionized members
New Campaign Headquarter – Cleveland, Ohio
Big Rally
GOTV Event
Ballot Access Event

May 27th

Anti-war Protest in Cleveland with Congressman Dennis Kucinich

Rest in Cleveland, OH

May 28th

Go to Youngstown, OH.

Town Hall Meeting.

Go by Bus to Columbus, OH.

May 29th

Meet & Greet in Columbus, OH.
Door to Door in Columbus, OH.
New Campaign Headquarter – Columbus, Ohio.
Fundraising Night with Grassroot Support – Massive Internet Action as well.

May 30th

Fly to Juneau, AK.
Meet & Greet in Alaska.

May 31st

Fly to Anchorage, AK
Meet & Greet in Anchorage, AK
New Campaing Headquarters – Anchorage, AK
Rally in Anchorage, AK.

June 1st

Speech in favor of Universal Healthcare and Single-payer at Alaska Pacific University
Rest in the rest of the day.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1304 on: April 30, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »

SPACE FOR WEEK FROM JUNE 2ND TO JUNE 9TH

Announcing "The Movement".
Visting California once more.
VP Speculations.
Maybe Resting
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1305 on: April 30, 2013, 09:17:43 PM »

OCC: After seeing Hagel endorsing Dean, I want to endorse Obama or Bloomberg as Gingrich just for the comedy it would create... But sadly, it's unrealistic to the extreme.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1306 on: April 30, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2013, 09:28:04 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Statement from the Dean Campaign:

Though staunchly conservative, Chuck Hagel has always been a senator to vote his conscience first. Though originally a supporter of the Iraq War, he came to challenge his party's president on it when that war became a clear failure. Earlier this year, he made the bold move of endorsing a Democrat for president, Barack Obama. But as Democratic, Republican, and Independent voters can already see, it is clear that Barack Obama cannot win the Democratic nomination. We welcome Hagel's newfound support for our campaign and anticipate more switches like this to occur.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1307 on: April 30, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »

Democratic Debate:

Welcome to what will be the final debate between the Democratic candidate for President of the United States. I am your host Brian Williams and let's waste no time and get down to business.

First to Senator Obama and then to Governor Dean, why should the remaining un-pledged delegates support you over your opponent?

Senator McCain continues to lead all the democratic candidates in the general election. First, has this primary process hurt the Democratic Party's chances going into November, and second can the party come together, or is the Democratic Party heading for a replay of 1980 when President Carter defeated Senator Kennedy?

To all the candidates, assuming you're elected President what will be your first action beginning on day one?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1308 on: April 30, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

Governor Dean's Debate Responses:

"Even with the merger of most of Senator Lincoln's delegates with all of the delegates currently pledged to Obama, my opponent is still behind by several hundred delegates. More importantly in my opinion, I'm still ahead nationally among Democratic primary voters. The one thing Obama had going for him was his better numbers in the general election. Based on current polls, that's vanished. Our campaign has built up the momentum to win at or before Denver, I think we'd do as well or better than the Obama campaign in November, and most importantly, I have the experience to lead. Senator Obama doesn't."

"I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little concerned about the current numbers. But it's still fairly early in the campaign season. Though the current division is holding up our financial and grassroots resources, and though it's allowed McCain and Bloomberg to run free for now, I'm confident that once the party unites behind me, the Democratic Party will make a strong comeback and win in November in a landslide, just as we did in 2006 under my leadership of the DNC."

"After my inauguration, I'll begin by ordering a total pullout of Iraq by December 31st, 2009. My agenda from there to introduce a Medicare-for-all system of health insurance and to reform our broken tax code. Of course, plenty could pop up between now and January 20th. There may be other issues I'll have to face, and I feel that with almost 12 years of experience as Governor and 2 years at the helm of the DNC, I'm ready to lead America through crisis if need be."
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1309 on: May 01, 2013, 07:08:45 AM »

Obama, I know you've been active, so, please, don't forget about the debate!
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1310 on: May 01, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »

Obama, I know you've been active, so, please, don't forget about the debate!
Sorry, I'll have it up around 4ish. I had finals.
Reserved for response
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1311 on: May 01, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2013, 06:13:58 AM by Lieutenant Governor Clinton1996 »

"As I've travelled to every state in he Union over the past year, there has been one constant line from Americans; I'm tired of how Washington doesn't work. I'm tired of the division and slash-and-burn politics that has shaped our process. We cannot expect to get different results by putting the same people in power. John McCain has been in Washington since I was in college, he's voted with Bush-Cheney 91% of the time. Howard Dean ran the national Democratic Party as the establishment head. We need a solid progressive who will Change Washington. Not through back room deals and tearing each other down; but by working across the aisle, by telling The Special Inerests and Oil Companies that Climate Change is happening, and I'm gonna do something about it. By lookin at he faces of the children who get sick, but whose parents cannot afford the treatments they need. By bringing in immigrants from all over the country who can help make our economy better. By providing working families a fair shot and a fair shake at success. That's what I want to get done. And that's why I believe I'm the best choice."

"Senator McCain will be very hard to beat. And it'll make the job even tougher with Mayor Bloomberg sapping away at our support in the northeast. But I believe that this primary has only served but to make the both of us better candidates. And whoever walks onto that stage in Denver will go forward in November with the full support and power of the the Democratic Party behind them. I will work my big ears off to put Howard in the White House, and I'm sure he'd do the same for me. At least I'd hope so haha."

"In my First 100 days I will put forward a plan to have our troops out of Iraq by Christmas Eve 2009. I will Also propose my already written plan for Health Care Reform. It adds a public, government run option to compete with private companies so Democrats will support it. I also introduce Tort Reform for my Republican colleagues. And to end on the domestic front, I will end his costly War on Drugs. It spends billions of our dollars on something that has never worked. I mean really, Mary Jane poses no serious risk to a person's health. And personally Howard, your experience argument won't work that well against Johnny in the Fall. It might even hurt you here. People want something different. You can't keep on putting the same people in power and expect to get a different result."
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1312 on: May 01, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »

Governor Dean's Campaign Schedule, June 2nd-8th:

June 2nd:

-Meet & Greet in Crow Agency, Montana
-Rally in Billings, Montana
-Rally in Bozeman, Montana

June 3rd:

-Rally/GOTV in Butte, Montana
-Rally in Helena, Montana with Gov. Brian Schweitzer

"The end is near, Montana, and it's up to you to make your voices heard now. Do you want four more years of Bush's failed policies? Or do you want someone with the will to win and the experience to lead? If you like that second option, get out and vote for Howard Dean!"

June 4th-7th:

-Resting in Burlington, Vermont

June 8th:

-Meeting with unpledged delegates in Burlington, Vermont
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1313 on: May 01, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »

OCC: After seeing Hagel endorsing Dean, I want to endorse Obama or Bloomberg as Gingrich just for the comedy it would create... But sadly, it's unrealistic to the extreme.
That'd be great
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1314 on: May 01, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »

That'd be great

Democrats have some respect for Hagel but I don't think Gingrich endorsement would help the "progressive choice", Barack Obama, do you?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1315 on: May 02, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »

Who Won The Last Debate?

Dean: 50%
Obama: 44%
Undecided: 6%

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1316 on: May 02, 2013, 04:41:52 PM »

Television Ad: New Leadership

The Bloomberg Campaign has released the following radio advertisement, airing in all fifty states.

Announcer: For years, America has been ran by career politicians, individuals who are ideologues who care more about pleasing their party than their constituents. Mayor Michael Bloomberg is the true candidate for the people - as Mayor, he worked with both sides to bring more jobs to New York City and bringing in a surplus.

It's time for new leadership in Washington. It's time for Michael Bloomberg

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I approve this message.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1317 on: May 02, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »

OOC: I'm pretty sure we skip ahead til about a week before the DNC, so I'll stop my schedule at June 3rd after the South Dakota and Montana Primaries.
Obama Schedule
6/2/2008
-Meeting With Unpledged Delegates
-Town Hall in Billings, MT
-Rally in Billings, MT
-GOTV in Billings, MT
"Ma'am, I hope you vote for Change tomorrow. I know we will. There is only one man in this race who will do what's necessary to make our system work, and that's Barack Obama."- Senator Baucus to Voters

6/3/2008
-Flight to SD
-GOTV Campaign in SD
-GOTV in Brookings, SD
-Rally at South Dakota State University
"Brookings, this is the man we need to send to Washington. This is the man who will Change America!"- Tom Daschle Campaigning for Obama
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1318 on: May 02, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »

After MT and SD (tomorrow that means) we can go to the Convention, yes.
[/b][/u]

46% of un-pledged delegates endorse Dean, 38% Obama, 1% Oprah. 15% remain undecided after debate.

"I thought this debate would make things easier, that a clear winner would emerge, but it hasn't happened. That proves we have two great candidates. Both of them have an extraordinary ability to campaign and debate. I can't choose between them. Brokered convention, there we go" - random un-pledged Delegate.

"Oprah will decide our nominee"

"Dean is almost there, Obama should endorse him".

"Dean/Obama or Obama/Dean, that's clearly what people want".

"Maybe we need another debate after Oprah drops out if she doesn't endorse anyone, haha".

Democrats

Un-pledged:
Howard Dean 271
Barack Obama  224
Oprah Winfrey 6
Still un-pledged 89

MAP:

Howard Dean 1847 Delegates
Oprah Winfrey 686 Delegates
Barack Obama 1448 Delegates
Blanche Lincoln
Mike Gravel

Jim Matheson

Delegates:

Delegate Count (50.00% Needed to Win)Sad
Howard Dean 1847 Delegates (45.38%)
Barack Obama 1448 Delegates (35.58%)
Oprah Winfrey 686 Delegates (16.86%)
Un-pledged 89 (2.19%)

Total: 4,070

Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1319 on: May 02, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »

Ok, how much does a Brokered Convention hurt the party in the election?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1320 on: May 02, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »

Ok, how much does a Brokered Convention hurt the party in the election?

It could hurt, but it could also help! An interesting Convention who everybody will watch with a happy ending, imagine that! But it could be a mess (it'll start being a mess, sure) and give other candidates a big bump in polls. But keep in mind that the one who's leading in polls doesn't enjoy campaigning (for the moment).
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1321 on: May 02, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »

Senator McCain's Campaign Schedule

June 2, 2008
-Town hall in Arnold, Pennsylvania
-Town hall in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
-Town hall in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

June 3, 2008
-Rally in York, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
-Meet & greet in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
-Town hall in Hazleton, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania

June 4, 2008
-Town hall in Bedford, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Merrimack, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Salem, New Hampshire
-Meet & greet in Strafford, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Middleton, New Hampshire

June 5, 2008
-Town hall in Wakefield, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Haverhill, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Dorchester, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Pittsfield, New Hampshire

June 6, 2008
-Town hall in Belle Plaine, Minnesota
-Town hall in Burnsville, Minnesota
-Town hall in Hastings, Minnesota
-Rally in Stillwater, Minnesota

June 7, 2008
-Town hall in New Richmond, Wisconsin
-Town hall in Prescott, Wisconsin
-Town hall in Pepin, Wisconsin
-Rally in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

June 8, 2008
-Rally in La Crosse, Wisconsin
-Town hall in Viroqua, Wisconsin
-Rally in Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin
-Meet & greet in Sauk City, Wisconsin
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1322 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2013, 09:05:19 PM by Pacific Councillor Superique »

Week 11 - Bumping Nader, "The Movement" - Much more than a presidential bid

June 2nd

Fly to Houston, Texas.
New Campaign Headquarter in Houston, Texas.
Big Rally and GOTV Event

June 3rd

Brunch with Pat Chaote, former VP Candidate of Ross Perot.
Go by bus to Dallas, Texas.
Meeting with Reform Party leaders

June 4th

Fly to Sacramento, CA.
Meet & Greet in Sacramento.

June 5th

Go by bus to San Francisco, CA.
Meet & Greet in San Francisco.
Door to Door in San Francisco.

June 6th

Brunch with Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, Cynthia McKinney, Winona La Duke, Jill Stein and Rocky Anderson.

“The Movement” Announcement (Details tomorrow)

Big Rally in San Francisco, CA.

June 7th

Still in San Francisco, CA.

Meeting with Natural Law Chairman, already scheduled a month ago.
Meeting with Socialist Party of USA Chairman, already scheduled a month ago.

Meeting with students of the University of California.

Interview with Keith Olberman about “The Movement” (Details tomorrow)

June 8th

Go by bus to Los Angeles, CA.
Interview with Young Turks.

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1323 on: May 02, 2013, 11:21:51 PM »

OOC: Let's make this interesting...

Oprah Will Not Drop Out or Endorse Dean or Obama, Considering Third-Party Candidates

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1324 on: May 03, 2013, 08:14:35 AM »

August 22th to 28th -  Democratic National Convention: 25th-28th

BROKERED CONVENTION!
After remarks about supporting 3rd party candidates, 51 Oprah Delegates endorse Obama, 43 Dean, 54 un-pledged. remain loyal to her, for the moment.
SD way closer than expected after Hagel endorement and Oprah meltdown after comments. Obama wins both states, as expected.
John McCain wants to make sure the Rust Belt votes for him, but people feel his campaign has been very poor. Too old, maybe?
Michael Bloomberg gets first endorsement from current Governor: Dave Freudenthal (D-WY). "Democrats will nominate a progressive no matter what. And, as a democrat, I can't support my good friend John McCain. I'll do everything I can in order to prevent Republicans from winning this beautiful state again, and if that means endorsing Mr. Bloomberg, I'll do it. 50% of Wyomingites voted for me in 2002, and 70% in 2006. I believe Michael Bloomberg can carry my state with the same coalition that elected me. So, Michael, you can count on me".
Susan Sarandon, Rocky Anderson and Noam Chomsky endorse Ralph Nader!

Democrats

Montana
Barack Obama  89,582 (50.01%) 8 Delegates
Howard Dean 80,817 (45.12%) 8 Delegates
-------------------------------
Oprah Winfrey 8,725 (4.87%)

South Dakota
Barack Obama 48,743 (51.17%) 8 Delegates
Howard Dean 41,981 (44.55%) 7 Delegates
------------------------------
Oprah Winfrey 3,519 (3.73%)

MAP: