Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:35:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 284377 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 14, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »

Good on Evers for supporting the Walkout, he'll definitely have the Youth vote.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1351 on: March 14, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »

Something I neglected to mention earlier is that Walker is coincidentally not at the Capitol today. Wonder why...
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1352 on: March 15, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »

Something I neglected to mention earlier is that Walker is coincidentally not at the Capitol today. Wonder why...

Not only was he not in the Capitol, he was in Florence, WI which is almost as far away as you can be from the Capitol and still be in Wisconsin.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1353 on: March 16, 2018, 07:04:23 PM »

You know, someone who I haven't seen many people talk about is this Mandela Barnes guy who's running for Lieutenant Governor. He's a former State Rep who got his seat from primarying the incumbent, and unsuccessfully attempted to primary a State Senate incumbent in 2016. He's young(only 31), African-American, and he has a good quality Twitter profile(which I guess = charisma, or something).

Provided he wins the primary, I can see him become a rising star at some point the future. Thoughts, anyone?

http://www.mandelabarnes.com/
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1354 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »

State Senator Terry Moulton (R-23: Chippewa Falls) is not seeking reelection

If the wave is as big as some of the special elections in the state have hinted at, this could flip.

District Map
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1355 on: March 19, 2018, 10:56:32 AM »

If the wave is as big as some of the special elections in the state have hinted at, this could flip.

District Map

Used to be held by Pat Krietlow (D), then before that Dave Zien (R). District inlcudes half of Marshfield and NE suburbs of Eau Claire (Chippewa Falls, Hallie, Altoona). Could be very swingy.

SD's 1, 5, 17, and now 23 are all up in 2018 and are no better for GOP than tossups at this point, given SD 10.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1356 on: March 19, 2018, 11:01:27 AM »

You know, someone who I haven't seen many people talk about is this Mandela Barnes guy who's running for Lieutenant Governor. He's a former State Rep who got his seat from primarying the incumbent, and unsuccessfully attempted to primary a State Senate incumbent in 2016. He's young(only 31), African-American, and he has a good quality Twitter profile(which I guess = charisma, or something).

Provided he wins the primary, I can see him become a rising star at some point the future. Thoughts, anyone?

He's a Chris Larson crony, glad he lost!
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1357 on: March 19, 2018, 11:03:41 AM »

the MKE County Dem Party is the most fragmented dumpster fire of a party in the state. Larson v Abele is a giant waste of time, and I hate all of them.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1358 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »

District Map

Used to be held by Pat Krietlow (D), then before that Dave Zien (R). District inlcudes half of Marshfield and NE suburbs of Eau Claire (Chippewa Falls, Hallie, Altoona). Could be very swingy.

SD's 1, 5, 17, and now 23 are all up in 2018 and are no better for GOP than tossups at this point, given SD 10.

I'm going to be interested to see who all decides to step down this year with the oncoming wave. Still have until June 1st for the filling deadline.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1359 on: March 19, 2018, 11:21:18 AM »

the MKE County Dem Party is the most fragmented dumpster fire of a party in the state. Larson v Abele is a giant waste of time, and I hate all of them.

Kinda fits the bill of the most fragmented city in the U.S.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1360 on: March 19, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »

You guys should read up on the wonder of a person that is Chris Larson. Roll Eyes
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1361 on: March 19, 2018, 11:39:47 AM »

You guys should read up on the wonder of a person that is Chris Larson. Roll Eyes

I know him; I'm just saying MKE politics suck.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1362 on: March 19, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »

Oh, I know Chris. He was my Senator when I lived in Oak Creek. He's a turd. I much prefer a similarly flawed Chris Abele. Honestly, the only MKE Dems I genuinely like as people are David Crowley and Gwen Moore.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1363 on: March 19, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »

Anyone care to fill me on the horrors of Chris Larson?
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #1364 on: March 20, 2018, 02:47:33 AM »

District Map

kathy bernier is already running for the republicans. Her assembly district should be even more flipable, of course that wont do much to cut into the R margin in the assembly.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1365 on: March 20, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »

The two big ones I can remember were when he pushed and got a white candidate from the suburbs to represent a very heavy black majority district into office because the white area voted much more heavily in the primary. She was his handpicked person.

Also orchestrated Mandela Barnes rise and tried to do the same with knocking out Lena Taylor.

He also voted for the rebuild of the Estabrook damn even though taking it down would be the environmentally and fiscally better option. Support was for the few rich people along the man made lake a little upstream in the burbs.

There is a lot more that I can't remember but he wants to be King Larson while playing the people's progressive.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1366 on: March 20, 2018, 11:31:06 AM »

The two big ones I can remember were when he pushed and got a white candidate from the suburbs to represent a very heavy black majority district into office because the white area voted much more heavily in the primary. She was his handpicked person.

Also orchestrated Mandela Barnes rise and tried to do the same with knocking out Lena Taylor.

He also voted for the rebuild of the Estabrook damn even though taking it down would be the environmentally and fiscally better option. Support was for the few rich people along the man made lake a little upstream in the burbs.

There is a lot more that I can't remember but he wants to be King Larson while playing the people's progressive.

To be fair, Sandy Pasch was already in the Assembly, and she was redistricted into a new district with more of MKE proper. When the incumbent AA Dem in that district didn't run for reelection (She was running for Senate, and lost that primary), Pasch did and held the seat, for one term. This is the problem with MKE dems. There are 5-6 coalitions that hate each other for stupid reasons and the groups often randomly line up in short term alliances that fall apart when one person is offended.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1367 on: March 22, 2018, 01:00:49 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/wisconsin-judge-considering-forcing-walker-to-call-elections/2018/03/22/657079ac-2ddd-11e8-8dc9-3b51e028b845_story.html

Major blow to Walker, Judge orders him to call special elections.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1368 on: March 22, 2018, 04:48:20 PM »

LOL. So satisfying to finally see Slimy Scott's blatant power grabs go down in flames. I hope we actually win these ones.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1369 on: March 27, 2018, 04:25:35 PM »

Means that Governor Walker is going to have to call elections or be held contempt. It also means that if the special session law is passed, he will then have to cancel the elections he called.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1370 on: March 27, 2018, 04:26:34 PM »

Means that Governor Walker is going to have to call elections or be held contempt. It also means that if the special session law is passed, he will then have to cancel the elections he called.

Godamn I can't wait to see Scott Walker lose
kph14
Germany

« Reply #1371 on: March 27, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »

Can the special election law be ex post facto?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1372 on: March 28, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »

The generally conservative Wisconsin State Journal endorses Rebecca Dallet.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1373 on: March 28, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/election-matters/scott-walker-appealing-dane-county-judges-decisions-in-special-elections/article_1e861284-f2da-550b-8947-8b24b447eddd.html

Walker is appealing
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1374 on: March 28, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »

Nice
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies