Vote counting update thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:39:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vote counting update thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote counting update thread  (Read 44169 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 09, 2012, 12:01:34 AM »

High turnout is not a good thing if a bunch of ignorant and uninformed people are voting.  I'd rather there be just 30% turnout if the 30% are very informed and engaged on the issues.

With views like yours, you definitely chose the right political party to join....      

So you are saying that Democrats are the party of uninformed voters?  I thought the Democratic mantra was that if only Republican voters were educated as to how Republican policies are bad for them they'd vote for Democrats?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »

Bingo! So the culprit's name is... Wisconsin. There, Romney gets exactly 3000 votes less according to Dave (1,407,966, while Wasserman has 1,410,966). And going to the election info page... Dave seems to be right. However, I'm still wondering where Wasserman saw these 3000 Romney votes. The roundness of the number makes it seem like a typo, but that's a pretty weird typo to do.
I think I can clear that one up. Because I found that error in Dave's county data when I updated the swing map - misstating Waupaca County's Republican votes by 3k (17whatever instead of 14whatever - an error that could have happened through machinereading a handwritten document or one in an unknown font). This seems have been a typo that the state included in its certificated and then quickly corrected - note that the official report on the state website is described as "amended". Dave's statewide figures, though, was always correct - either he used the amended one for that and the (now unavailable) original for the counties, or the state total always was correct but Wasserman constructs his state tallies from the county data.

The error could have come from keying it in very easily, since 4 and 7 are adjacent on a number pad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies