Christie slams Romney's 'gift' comments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Christie slams Romney's 'gift' comments
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie slams Romney's 'gift' comments  (Read 296 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gothamist

The 2016 primary really has started.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »

Cue the right bashing him some more for basic common sense in three...two...
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »

Cue the right bashing him some more for basic common sense in three...two...
Let's hope not. Christie is one of the few Republicans who could actually change the tide against the Dems in 2016. He can be a douche, but he speaks the truth and is willing to call out fellow Republicans when they're wrong, like what he's doing to Romney now.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »

To see how Republicans have acted since the election shows how no one ever really loved Romney. He doesn' seem to have any true believer loyalists. I doubt he will ever speak at a future RNC. The party is done with him. 
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »

To see how Republicans have acted since the election shows how no one ever really loved Romney. He doesn' seem to have any true believer loyalists. I doubt he will ever speak at a future RNC. The party is done with him. 

Agreed.

This is why I don't buy the GOP is being totally sincere about this. If Romney had been a more well-liked candidate, they would be less likely to call him out.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »

The field sucked so much in terms of electability this last cycle that he was literally the best they could scrape from the bottom of the barrel. I strongly suspect that no one legitimately cared about him as a candidate aside from Winfield and Politico, and more cared about taking down Obama than anything else.

Which, mind you, would have been a goal I could back had the Republican field not been sucking far more eggs the entire year. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 05:34:05 PM »

If they didn't want Bush to speak at the RNC, there's no chance they'll let Romney speak, which is funny because even John Kerry has spoken at the last two DNCs.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »

Agreed.

This is why I don't buy the GOP is being totally sincere about this. If Romney had been a more well-liked candidate, they would be less likely to call him out.

If Romney had been a more well-liked candidate, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because he would have won.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »

This along with Jindal's latest statements make me think it's sad how low expectations have gotten for Republicans that just saying something obvious or something nice-sounding is some sort of revelation worth huge public support.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies