Democrats who really don't want Biden, Clinton or Cuomo to be the nominee.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:04:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrats who really don't want Biden, Clinton or Cuomo to be the nominee.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Democrats who really don't want Biden, Clinton or Cuomo to be the nominee.  (Read 3718 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »

X Eraserhead

Am I basically alone? Hope not.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »

I wouldn't mind Cuomo, but I don't want either Biden or Clinton. 
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »

I wouldn't mind Biden or Clinton, but I don't want Cuomo. 

Fixed.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »

I think Hillary would be a good candidate and president, but I have a strong distaste for political families. A female candidate is risky of course, but Hillary isn't just a token vagina like Ferraro or Palin. Can't think of anybody better off hand.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »

x Me

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »

So who do you guys want?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »

xMe

Schweitzer or Hickenlooper.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »

What about a Clinton/Schweitzer or Clinton/Hickenlooper ticket?
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »

Hillary Clinton is my #1 choice (I'm not sure there are any other viable female possibilities), but I would kill myself if Biden or Cuomo won the nomination.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »

What about a Clinton/Schweitzer or Clinton/Hickenlooper ticket?

Depends on who the Rs put up. I really dislike Clinton's tenure as SoS and her vote for the Iraq War and PATRIOT Act, and she's also kinda a carpetbagger. If the Rs nominate someone like Paul, I'd go for them; otherwise, probably Johnson/Ventura.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 08:04:31 PM »

I'm fine with Cuomo, Clinton, Schweitzer, and Hickenlooper. My preferred ticket is Clinton-Schweitzer, Clinton-Hickenlooper, Clinton-Heinrich, Schweitzer-Hickenlooper, or Cuomo-Schweitzer.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 08:33:07 PM »

I don't want any of those.  I would prefer Patrick or Hickenlooper (in that order).  A Patrick/Hickenlooper ticket would be ideal IMO.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand the appeal of Hickenlooper, can anyone explain?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »

I'm not a Democrat, but I don't care much for Hillary "make flag burning illegal" Clinton.  And while I appreciate Biden's recent enthusiasm for LGBTQ issues, his whole "I'm a Zionist!" thing doesn't quite appeal to me.  Don't know about Cuomo.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »

I'm sure everyone likes him for different reasons, but what I like is that he appears to be an intelligent guy with good ideas on how to build things from scratch.  He is open-minded and my beliefs are very close to his regarding sustainable development.  I also appreciate that he is against guns in a state with many gun owners.  The fact that Denver has become one of the most green, hip and innovative cities during his time as a mayor is I think something he should take credit for.
And while I am in favor of legalizing marijuana, I like his stance on the issue, since I personally believe that using marijuana for non-medical reasons is a total waste of time.  Plus, his response about cheetos and goldfish shows that the guy has a sense of humor and is indeed a real person and not just some robot who says all the right things like many other politicians are.

I didn't really think much of Patrick, but I liked his speech at the DNC and after doing some research it seems that he has done all the right things in MA, and bringing them back on the right track after Romney's disastrous term.

I also like Booker and Castro.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »

I'm sure everyone likes him for different reasons, but what I like is that he appears to be an intelligent guy with good ideas on how to build things from scratch.  He is open-minded and my beliefs are very close to his regarding sustainable development.  I also appreciate that he is against guns in a state with many gun owners.  The fact that Denver has become one of the most green, hip and innovative cities during his time as a mayor is I think something he should take credit for.
And while I am in favor of legalizing marijuana, I like his stance on the issue, since I personally believe that using marijuana for non-medical reasons is a total waste of time.  Plus, his response about cheetos and goldfish shows that the guy has a sense of humor and is indeed a real person and not just some robot who says all the right things like many other politicians are.

I didn't really think much of Patrick, but I liked his speech at the DNC and after doing some research it seems that he has done all the right things in MA, and bringing them back on the right track after Romney's disastrous term.

I also like Booker and Castro.

I respect that, even though his stance on Marijuana make me feel like he's not an outgoing candidate for the Democrats. He could be a candidate of competency but at the same time a candidate someone could relate to.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand the appeal of Hickenlooper, can anyone explain?
Ability to win Colorado is a very attractive trait in a nominee.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

Come on Eraserhead, it's not 2008 anymore. We're allowed to like Clinton again! She'd win a huge landslide as well. It would be political malpractice for the Democratic party not to run her as its candidate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

Russ Feingold or Sherrod Brown? (A guy can dream right?)
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »

Come on Eraserhead, it's not 2008 anymore. We're allowed to like Clinton again! She'd win a huge landslide as well. It would be political malpractice for the Democratic party not to run her as its candidate.

I heavily doubt it. Just because she's really well liked now doesn't mean she will still be once she's back in the arena of politics. She is in a position where she can be nonpartisan, but once she starts running as a politician again, I have a strong feeling that her favorables will go down (especially once the name recognition of other candidates increases). There is probably a decent chunk of people that like her now  that probably will not like her once she's the standard bearer for the Democratic party again.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »

I definitely don't want Cuomo.  As Governor, he's been Pataki Light.  I don't think he's progressive or principled.  He's a savvy politician, but I don't see the courage, intellect or passion that I want in the President. 

I like Biden.  But, he has too many liabilities as a candidate.  The go-to narrative is that he's a joke, he's a gaffe machine, etc.  I don't agree with that narrative, but it's been around since 1988 so it's here to stay.  That and his age make him an electoral risk. 

Hillary, I support her until someone gives me a reason not to.  I didn't like her campaign in 2008 or her lack of backbone during the Bush years.  I don't like 90s Clinton-style centrist politics and I won't feel as invested or inspired as I did with Obama.  But, I trust her to do the right things on policy and she would likely win.  I'll trade a high chance of being just OK for 4 years of a Clinton Presidency for a low chance of enduring 4 years of Republican control.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

I feel he's the latest in the competent governors from interesting states that are good on paper but far too boring and unappealing to make it on the national stage craze. Pawlenty was the most recent example.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 10:40:55 PM »

I went for Obama in 2008, but I want Clinton in '16. She is the only potential nominee with the gravitas to hold together the Obama coalition.

I don't really get the draw of Cuomo or Schweitzer. Hilary Clinton is a combination of their best attributes.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 10:53:26 PM »

Hillary Clinton is my #1 choice (I'm not sure there are any other viable female possibilities), but I would kill myself if Biden or Cuomo won the nomination.

Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobuchar
Kirsten Gillibrand

At the moment I'm undecided, but Sherrod Brown and Russ Feingold sound good too.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »

Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobuchar
Kirsten Gillibrand

At the moment I'm undecided, but Sherrod Brown and Russ Feingold sound good too.
Yeah, I like all three of them a lot and know they're listed as possibilities. I just don't think they'd have the support to mount a successful national campaign yet.

They'll definitely be on the list of potential running mates though. I'm confident the Democratic will have a female candidate either on the top or the bottom.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies