Report: Romney Got No Votes in 59 Philadelphia Voting Districts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Report: Romney Got No Votes in 59 Philadelphia Voting Districts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Report: Romney Got No Votes in 59 Philadelphia Voting Districts  (Read 4530 times)
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Romney-Philadelphia-Election-Day/2012/11/12/id/463799?s=al&promo_code=10AF0-1

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney got no votes in 59 voting districts in the city of Philadelphia last week on Election Day.

None.

And the unofficial vote tallies have President Barack Obama beating the former Massachusetts governor by a combined vote of 19,605 to 0, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Such unanimous support for Obama in these Philadelphia neighborhoods, primarily in almost exclusively black sections of West and North Philadelphia, stokes fears of fraud, despite little hard evidence, experts say.

"We have always had these dense urban corridors that are extremely Democratic," Jonathan Rodden, a political science professor at Stanford University, told the Inquirer. "It's kind of an urban fact, and you are looking at the extreme end of it in Philadelphia."

While most large cities are politically homogeneous — with as many as 80 percent of voters identifying as Democrats, they also are easier to organize over rural areas where people are more spread apart.

"One reason Democrats can maximize votes in Philadelphia is that it's very easy to knock on every door," Sasha Issenberg, author of “The Victory Lab: The Secret Science of Winning Campaigns,” told the Inquirer.

Steve Miskin, a GOP spokesman in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, which has approved a voter identification law that has not yet taken effect, told the Inquirer, "We believe we need to continue ensuring the integrity of the ballot."
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney got no votes in 59 voting districts in the city of Philadelphia last week on Election Day.

and if it weren't for JJ they could claim 60 districts. 
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »

I wonder what ole Mittens is up to now
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »

Makes me wonder about how accurate the exit polls are. I kind of doubt 6% of blacks actually voted for Romney.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »

At least we know who Phil didn't end up voting for.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »

Here's the full and much better written article:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-12/news/35069785_1_romney-supporters-mitt-romney-sasha-issenberg

"In 2008, McCain got zero votes in 57 Philadelphia voting divisions. That was a big increase from 2004, when George W. Bush was blanked in just five divisions."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »

The Black Panthers scared them off.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »

Not really surprising. 

I know in NYC in 2008 Obama won the black neighborhoods with 98-99.5% of the vote.  Just looking at the maps of New York City in 2008, I would guesstimate that the black vote was around 99-8% Obama- 1-2% McCain in the city.  This time around it was probably similar for New York City.  Maybe blacks elsewhere are more conservative accounting for the 6% number in exit polls.
Link
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »

Actually I believe the title of the thread is inaccurate.  Romney got no votes in 59 DIVISIONS.  DIVISIONS are subsections of wards.  I believe there are 66 wards and each ward is divided into 10-50 divisions.  Divisions can have less than 1,000 people.  So if you chop up the black population into small chunks of <1,000 and cherrypick spots around the city you could easily come up with 59 DIVISIONS with 0% Romney.

And I don't believe J.J. is African American.  Not in the sense that we commonly use the word.  As usual with his idiosyncrasies I'm not aware of him just coming out and saying, "look folks I'm black."  Not that anyone needs to tell me there race, but the cryptic messages he posts are just weird.  The president's mother is white and he is pretty clear and straight forward about about his racial identity.  J.J.'s cousin probably dated a black guy 5 years ago or something like that.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »

Actually I believe the title of the thread is inaccurate.  Romney got no votes in 59 DIVISIONS.  DIVISIONS are subsections of wards.  I believe there are 66 wards and each ward is divided into 10-50 divisions.  Divisions can have less than 1,000 people.  So if you chop up the black population into small chunks of <1,000 and cherrypick spots around the city you could easily come up with 59 DIVISIONS with 0% Romney.

And I don't believe J.J. is African American.  Not in the sense that we commonly use the word.  As usual with his idiosyncrasies I'm not aware of him just coming out and saying, "look folks I'm black."  Not that anyone needs to tell me there race, but the cryptic messages he posts are just weird.  The president's mother is white and he is pretty clear and straight forward about about his racial identity.  J.J.'s cousin probably dated a black guy 5 years ago or something like that.

J. J.'s not black, but he lives in an overwhelmingly black part of Philadelphia that probably went 95% or so for Obama (which is what the earlier posters were referring to).
Link
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2012, 04:48:53 PM by Link »

J. J.'s not black, but he lives in an overwhelmingly black part of Philadelphia that probably went 95% or so for Obama (which is what the earlier posters were referring to).

I got ya'.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »

Makes me wonder about how accurate the exit polls are. I kind of doubt 6% of blacks actually voted for Romney.

The blacks likely to vote for Romney are not the type that would be living in all-black ghettos.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »

Fraud.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »

It's not. At a guess they're predominantly in Kensington, Fairhill, and the areas around Cobbs Creek.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 11:48:08 PM »

Remember when people chased his motorcade when he visited Philly this summer?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 05:54:52 AM »

The blacks likely to vote for Romney are not the type that would be living in all-black ghettos.
Mostly around the military and such, they are. Though 6% still actually looks like a high estimate when comparing to precinct results anywhere.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »

If I were to fake results of 59 precincts, I'd at least make it look realistic....60-40...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »

Freedom City.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:27:46 PM »

If I were to fake results of 59 precincts, I'd at least make it look realistic....60-40...

Yea, this is more of what I would do if I were the opposition to make it look like there is voter fraud, but I doubt that anything illegal happened here.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »

Mostly around the military and such, they are. Though 6% still actually looks like a high estimate when comparing to precinct results anywhere.

My guess is that black Republicans don't show up from looking at precinct level results because they live in areas witha very low black %age. In suburbs that are like 5% black, whether 90% or 60% of blacks voted Dem won't really change precinct results, but overall those votes do add up on a national level. I'm pretty sure that blacks who vote GOP are probably the most assimilated into white culture.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies