The Confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:58:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Confession  (Read 9244 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

You guys should form a special club for bores.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 02:03:19 PM »

I sometimes wonder if this moderator team is even trying to get girls.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »

Good old days... Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »

Well, 'a Person', the fact remains that you and your assumptions were completely wrong.  I accept your apology, but in future, spend more time playing with your My Little Pony dolls instead and leave the internet detective work to people who know what they're talking about.

Careful, man, he might start a coalition against you and whine about your behavior to AH...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »

Well, 'a Person', the fact remains that you and your assumptions were completely wrong.  I accept your apology, but in future, spend more time playing with your My Little Pony dolls instead and leave the internet detective work to people who know what they're talking about.

Careful, man, he might start a coalition against you and whine about your behavior to AH...

What's 'AH'?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:18 PM »

I don't think A Person is a sock account created by Keystone Phil, so Joe Republic shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »

Three things.

1. I find the name "Aizen" oddly unsettling. The name itself gives me chills. I don't know why.

3. Count me as a member of the Coalition for the Removal of Inks.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »

If these aren't overlapping accounts, I see no reason for a ban, btw.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »

Simfan, Aizen is among other things the name of the bad guy of a sh**tty boys' manga of some renown.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:50 PM »

What's 'AH'?

althernatehistory.com.  Apparently when a Person didn't get his way in having me removed as a mod, it was too much for him to handle, so he took from the site and apparently started venting there about me.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »

I'll be the leader.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

Three things.

1. I find the name "Aizen" oddly unsettling. The name itself gives me chills. I don't know why.

Aizen Sosuke?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »

What's 'AH'?

althernatehistory.com.  Apparently when a Person didn't get his way in having me removed as a mod, it was too much for him to handle, so he took from the site and apparently started venting there about me.

Congratulations.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

What's 'AH'?

Bad place.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2012, 08:28:47 AM »

The Professor was never all that funny. There, I said it. Hate away.

We don't hate you, Gustaf.....we just have to start agreeing with opebo that you have no sense of humor.  Tongue

I would argue that there is no linear relationship between finding things funny and having a sense of humour. Tongue

People who laugh at stupid things typically do so more due to being stupid than due to having a sense of humour. But maybe my taste is just more European. I'm often surprised at how very unoriginal, in your face type jokes can get a ton of posters on here beside themselves with laughing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2012, 08:39:07 AM »

But maybe my taste is just more European.

Don't you dare to invoke the European defense here.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

I was actually fairly sure that The Professor was Mr. Morden.

Same here actually. Morden is the only person I could think of with a comparable sense of humor, plus Morden knows tricks like this:

Either he was actually visiting these places, or he used a little technical know-how to "post" from remote locations that didn't show up as proxy servers.  Not that hard to do so, but I'd prefer not to elaborate, to avoid giving people ideas, and seeing the forum flooded with dozens of new sock accounts.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »

Three things.

lrn 2 count, ivy league bro
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »

Well, 'a Person', the fact remains that you and your assumptions were completely wrong.  I accept your apology, but in future, spend more time playing with your My Little Pony dolls instead and leave the internet detective work to people who know what they're talking about.

What's 'AH'?

alternatehistory.com.  Apparently when a Person didn't get his way in having me removed as a mod, it was too much for him to handle, so he took from the site and apparently started venting there about me.

Mhm. Here is the post in question, ftr: [fixed your spelling, also]

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hi, MS! Have you gotten over your bizarre bout of Canadophilia yet? Cheesy

Yeah, I decided to take a break from Atlas because I keep arguing with brick walls. (Usually AN &ilk, but the Inks/MANIC debacle gave me the realization)

I'll return either once uni starts on 15Oct or once I have a decent opening post put together for my timeline.

Speaking of which, here's a spoiler:
[removed]
[/quote]

Damn, will I now be infracted for posting a post off of another forum or something?

As to the idea of starting a coalition against Mr Republic...

No, Inks.
I'll give you a nice, simple explanation why, shouldn't strain your reading-comprehension skills too much.
Imagine that the Atlas Forum is a benevolent dictatorial version of the USA. Imagine, further, that you, Inks, are in charge of a resistance cell. (Roll Eyes) Now, there are several officials that you could possibly be trying to overthrow; which one would you choose?
- - Most of the officials are doing their job, which is to keep the land a good place, and to get rid of people that legitimately threaten that goal.
- - Official J also does that (mostly), but has on one occasion planted illegal material on someone else to get that person exiled. There is also some general inksholery, but not really above the level of some other posters.
- - Official I, on the other hand, has tried to have the Smithsonian Museum closed, claimed that he could not possibly have foreseen any sort of public outcry (despite the exact same thing happening when he tried to close the National Postal Museum), and jumped at the chance when the Benevolent Dictator ordered all buildings of that size to be closed. And that's by far not all.

The choice is obvious, isn't it?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »

Three things.

lrn 2 count, ivy league bro

Someone noticed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2012, 01:28:44 PM »

Well, 'a Person', the fact remains that you and your assumptions were completely wrong.  I accept your apology, but in future, spend more time playing with your My Little Pony dolls instead and leave the internet detective work to people who know what they're talking about.

What's 'AH'?

alternatehistory.com.  Apparently when a Person didn't get his way in having me removed as a mod, it was too much for him to handle, so he took from the site and apparently started venting there about me.

Mhm. Here is the post in question, ftr: [fixed your spelling, also]

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hi, MS! Have you gotten over your bizarre bout of Canadophilia yet? Cheesy

Yeah, I decided to take a break from Atlas because I keep arguing with brick walls. (Usually AN &ilk, but the Inks/MANIC debacle gave me the realization)

I'll return either once uni starts on 15Oct or once I have a decent opening post put together for my timeline.

Speaking of which, here's a spoiler:
[removed]

Damn, will I now be infracted for posting a post off of another forum or something?

As to the idea of starting a coalition against Mr Republic...

No, Inks.
I'll give you a nice, simple explanation why, shouldn't strain your reading-comprehension skills too much.
Imagine that the Atlas Forum is a benevolent dictatorial version of the USA. Imagine, further, that you, Inks, are in charge of a resistance cell. (Roll Eyes) Now, there are several officials that you could possibly be trying to overthrow; which one would you choose?
- - Most of the officials are doing their job, which is to keep the land a good place, and to get rid of people that legitimately threaten that goal.
- - Official J also does that (mostly), but has on one occasion planted illegal material on someone else to get that person exiled. There is also some general inksholery, but not really above the level of some other posters.
- - Official I, on the other hand, has tried to have the Smithsonian Museum closed, claimed that he could not possibly have foreseen any sort of public outcry (despite the exact same thing happening when he tried to close the National Postal Museum), and jumped at the chance when the Benevolent Dictator ordered all buildings of that size to be closed. And that's by far not all.

The choice is obvious, isn't it?
[/quote]

Except when the National Postal Museum was closed, Official I planned on keeping it closed forever.  When he closed the Smithsonian, he planned on having another Smithsonian Musueum replace it, since this is how things worked in the land, and there had already been many Smithsonians that opened and closed when one got full.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »

Yeah considering European humor is just pratfalls and the like.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »

Except when the National Postal Museum was closed, Official I planned on keeping it closed forever.  When he closed the Smithsonian, he planned on having another Smithsonian Musueum replace it, since this is how things worked in the land, and there had already been many Smithsonians that opened and closed when one got full.
Mr Inks, do you honestly believe that just opening a new Smithsonian without, y'know, transferring any of the collection would fool anyone?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »

Yeah considering European humor is just pratfalls and the like.

American humour seems to generally be less subtle and elaborate. Like for example, calling yourself a professor and having your joke being that you treat people as if you are a professor.

Van Der Blub is the funniest troll I can recall on here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »

So, Aizen was behind every single funny troll of recent forum history? Kudos.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies