Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus (MPLLC)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:28:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus (MPLLC)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus (MPLLC)  (Read 1266 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
« edited: November 10, 2012, 12:26:27 AM by Gass3268 »

Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus

Tonight I am announcing the creation of the Mideast People’s Liberal Labor Caucus (MPLLC)!  This is the formal consolidation of the current center-left majority in the Mideast Assembly.

The fallowing are the goals of our caucus:
- Create a forum that will allow for cooperation and dialogue among the three center/center-left/left parties (People’s, Liberal and Labor) in the Mideast
- Use our caucus to create and spread our tri-party cooperative center-left ideas and legislation in the region and across Atlasia  
- Endorse/campaign for the members of the caucus and allied friends at all levels of government in the Mideast and across Atlasia

Anyone who supports our viewpoints and/or message can join our caucus. We would also like to extend a special invitation to our wonderful Governor, Tmthforu94. You have been doing a great job and we’d love to see you join our group!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2012, 11:54:17 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

This is an excellent idea Smiley  I am proud to join the MPLCC.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:50:23 PM »

As Governor, I do my best to represent the best interests of all Mideasterners, regardless of political affiliation. While I serve as Governor, I do not feel comfortable joining this group.

Thank you for your kind words, though! Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »

This is an excellent idea Smiley  I am proud to join the MPLCC.

As am I. Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »

I'm so totally in.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

Just a little heads up Gass: I think you want another L where one of the C's is in the thread title.

This sounds like the beginning of a wonderful alliance to unite the leftist cause within your region, best of luck! Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:31:03 AM »

Welcome to the Caucus Senator!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:22 AM »

Just a little heads up Gass: I think you want another L where one of the C's is in the thread title.

This sounds like the beginning of a wonderful alliance to unite the leftist cause within your region, best of luck! Smiley

Thanks for the heads up Smiley
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 12:20:13 AM »

I'd like to formally announce, if it wasn't already clear, that I am joining the MPLLC. I hope my fellow members will be reelected and that I will join them after this election!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 03:44:09 AM »

Yay 5 members!

Thanks for joining drj101!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »

The MPLLC strongly encourage all of The People's Party, Liberal and Labor Party Members of the Mideast to vote for MPLLC members.

In your top 4 choices, make sure to have: drj101, Gass3268, Mr.X and TexasDemocrat

The 4 of us together will allow us to continue to move the Mideast forward!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 04:35:23 AM »

Bump for endorsements. Thoughts? Mr. X obviously should get our groups endorsement!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »

I think Snowstalker's Mideastern, though he's not a member of the caucus yet.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »

Not sure why I'm not a member of this organization yet.

I hereby join.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

I assume I cannot join, but I would gladly ask for this caucus's endorsement. Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »

So this caucus is the Anti-Federalists? Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »

We're basically an organization meant to unite the center-left forces in the Mideast. We're split among three parties, while the Federalists solidly hold the right. We're definitely not anti-Federalist though; we elected Inks Speaker unanimously and will likely endorse Governor Tmth for reelection.

Many of us have a lot in common with the Federalists. I'd be open to also joining a caucus with them if it reflected my views as well. Smiley

Anyway, I'm glad Senator Franzl has decided to join our caucus. We will work very hard to elect members of the MPLLC to the Senate. Currently, we have 2 Senate Seats, and I'd like that to be expanded to 3 or 4 (if Snowstalker joins us) after the elections.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »

You guys should just make this a caucus-version of MCPR. Don't make it along party lines, just make it a group focused on improving and progressing the Mideast. I would join if that were the case - as it stands, my party affiliation prohibits me from joining. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »

I would encourage my fellow MPLLC members to also support Representative Barnes Smiley  Caucus members should automatically get our endorsement.  I also want to welcome Senator Franzl to the caucus Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »

You guys should just make this a caucus-version of MCPR. Don't make it along party lines, just make it a group focused on improving and progressing the Mideast. Wink

But tmth! That would defeat the purpose! We're the big bad guys, dontchya know? Wink
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »

You guys should just make this a caucus-version of MCPR. Don't make it along party lines, just make it a group focused on improving and progressing the Mideast. Wink

But tmth! That would defeat the purpose! We're the big bad guys, dontchya know? Wink

Look at the post by TexasDem. That is the point of MPLLC.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »

The purpose of the MPLLC is not to exclude Federalists, but to help advance a responsible liberal/center-left legislative agenda by uniting the left, the center-left, and the center.  If that's what you guys want to do too than welcome aboard Wink  Also, as has been pointed out, we will likely support Governor Tmthforu94 and the legislature unanimously elected Inks Speaker, so it is not like we're a purely partisan organization (in fact, we're basically a coalition).  In the future we will probably have formal endorsement voting and all candidates are encouraged to make their case to us (even big bad guys like you, Senator HagridOfTheDeep Wink ).  

Regarding endorsements, at the moment I'd recommend myself (obviously Tongue ), Representative Barnes, and Senator Franzl.  However, I'd encourage the Senator HagridOfTheDeep and Governor Spamage to drop by for a last minute visit and make their respective cases.  If nothing else, it's a great chance for our friends on the right to show that their doors will be open to Atlasians of all political stripes.  If they do so, I think they'll find that despite our political disagreements, we're a very civil and respectful bunch Smiley  I'd also like to hear from Senator Snowstalker about whether he agrees that a united left/center-left is better than an antagonistic relationship between the Liberal and Labor parties.  If Senator Snowstalker addresses that issue satisfactorally than I'd be much more comfortable with the caucus endorsing him (although I'm not necessarily opposed to it right now, but I do have some reservations due to past comments he's made about The Liberal Party).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »

Why are you guys endorsing Barnes? Shouldn't your only focus be on promoting Mideastern candidates since this is a Mideastern-only caucus?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »

Why are you guys endorsing Barnes? Shouldn't your only focus be on promoting Mideastern candidates since this is a Mideastern-only caucus?

At-Large Senators represent each region, including the Mideast.  Thus, Representative Barnes is running to represent us (along with all other Atlasians) at the national level.  However, we will also be involved in regional elections.  It's sort of like how a political party can still endorse non-members.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »

The purpose of the MPLLC is not to exclude Federalists, but to help advance a responsible liberal/center-left legislative agenda by uniting the left, the center-left, and the center.  If that's what you guys want to do too than welcome aboard Wink  Also, as has been pointed out, we will likely support Governor Tmthforu94 and the legislature unanimously elected Inks Speaker, so it is not like we're a purely partisan organization (in fact, we're basically a coalition).  In the future we will probably have formal endorsement voting and all candidates are encouraged to make their case to us (even big bad guys like you, Senator HagridOfTheDeep Wink ).  

This sums up the purpose of this Caucus very well. Also, Senator Franzl and Assemblyman Mr. X will get automatic endorsements as members of this coalition, I'd assume, but anyone is free to request an endorsement.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies