My One Accolade
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:43:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  My One Accolade
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My One Accolade  (Read 229 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »

Well, sort of...

Heitkamp won in North Dakota.

Torie, I will now accept my one accolade.

The oil patch over time is going to put the Dems out of business in ND.

North Dakota Dems are against oil production?  Even when it makes the state budget, which is now able to fund more and more of their priorities, balloon?  News to me.  Especially with the following points on its party platform:

"ENERGY INDUSTRY

--RefineryThe Dem/NPL Party supports programs which would facilitate the construction of a refinery in the state and urges the legislature to investigate the possibility of state/private partnerships to assist in the development of refining capacity.
--Pipelines, transmission lines and refinery Dem-NPL supports the State continue to assist in expanding and modernization of pipelines, transmission lines, and additional oil refining capacity in an environmentally responsible manner.
Investment in energy transmission The Dem-NPL supports the State to invest in and develop the infrastructure necessary to have our own natural gas and crude oil refining facilities.
--Energy Transmission The Dem-NPL supports policies that will lead to the expansion of North Dakota’s energy transmission capabilities."

http://www.demnpl.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={4833FFC1-6E82-4B15-9876-D87BFF531F5A}

The oil patch is a Pub constituency. Just like Hollywood is a Dem one. Smiley Do you know any Dems representing a fossil fuel zone these days (other than one holdout in WV which is trending Pub at warp speed)?  A Dem trying to go native to fit in is futile. The zone knows that the Dems overall will favor preserving the snail darter and native grasses, and windmills while raising fossil fuel taxes to save the species and the planet every day of the week.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies